homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Coinage of the Realms of Glory (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Coinage of the Realms of Glory
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Flandishments Essential provision for all Church Social occasions.

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
euchre wrist -- the priest's carpal tunnel injury (from playing cards too much) which prevents his serving the mass

[ 10. August 2010, 20:18: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
anaflora

The exchanging of flowers between priest and people at the beginning of the Eucharistic prayer

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Presbyopterian
Denomination defined by far-sightedness related to increasing age.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
colonbarium - something anyone who's had intestinal x-rays can explain to you

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
excommuniKate

Southern Cone severing talks with TEC

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wholly bibulous - my kind of fundamentalism.

[ 10. August 2010, 21:56: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
sellemn vows

Promising "till death do us part" and sounding like you actually mean it

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Auntie Doran - that nice relative who gives you cookies.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Olde TestyMint - the bottle of Creme de Menthe the choir director hid in the music filing cabinet.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New Testy Mentor - imported after the PCC were alerted to the existence of the Olde Testymint.

[ 11. August 2010, 07:08: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Haha ! But what's the PCC? Something like The Warship and Music Committee I suppose.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Standoff committee - how decisions are not made.

[ 11. August 2010, 16:20: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Franklinsense

Pithy axioms uttered by priests as they swing the thurible.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Elastianism where one declares that all are welcome at the communion table, then must stretch out the eucharistic elements to go round.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Cattychism - peppering your answers to the standard questions with comments about the Priest's hairdo and wardrobe.

--------------------
Oinkster

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The National Inquisitor

A tabloid that publishes reports of ecclesiastical scandals, including details about the priest's hairdo and wardrobe.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

The Organ Console - A charitable group who send sympathy notes to organists who wish their organ was bigger.

--------------------
Oinkster

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Thirty two foot stop - the PCC putting down all their feet to prevent the Vicar from renting out the church as a rave venue.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Pisscina
The urinal in the vestry washroom.

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooffertoy - when the handle of the collection baggies catches you in the small ribs.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christmas Tide, Easter Tide, Whitsun Tide - the washing of the altar linens in the Blessed Detergent prior to a major festival.

[ 13. August 2010, 02:46: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Now I thought they were the tides of the crystal river, by which we shall gather Or not, as the case may be.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lam Ass Day - the day the choirboys all get beaten for bad behaviour.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Lame ass day - any day following that upon which an ass was ridden, e.g. a heavily pregnant Mary, or a well grown Jesus. Or an unobservant Balaam.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The Religious Society of Fiends - even the Devil can quote the scriptures?

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Cardinall - Checking the ID of everyone entering the church.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
The Religious Society of Fiends - even the Devil can quote the scriptures?

I've heard it said that the Devil does his best work in churches [Devil]

--------------------
Oinkster

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Bishop Rick - a trendy young senior cleric.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Gospelting - Not content with bible bashing, they hurl it from a distance at the unsuspecting passer by.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

The Door Mission - the last task of the day, when Sister checks that all the convent doors are locked.

--------------------
Oinkster

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Jerry Mire - the mess and confusion Father Jeremy causes everywhere he goes.

--------------------

ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As unintentionally provided elsewhere...

psychophantic

Madly, maddeningly fawning. As experienced at an episcopal visitation near you.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

The Cope Cupboard

The place to look for senior clergy before a demanding service.

--------------------

Foaming Draught
The Low in Low Church
# 9134

- Posted      Profile for Foaming Draught   Email Foaming Draught   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Predestination - Asymmetric orgasm

--------------------
Australians all let us ring Joyce
For she is young and free

Posts: 8661 | From: Et in Australia Ego | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

The cope chest - Where optimistic clergy store vestments for weddings.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Septua-git - an elderly man in the congregation who is a bit of a nuisance.

--------------------

Foaming Draught
The Low in Low Church
# 9134

- Posted      Profile for Foaming Draught   Email Foaming Draught   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Neuteronomy - Instructions for feline birth control.

FD

Posts: 8661 | From: Et in Australia Ego | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Levitaticus

That bit of the bible that really elevates your spirit....

[ 15. August 2010, 12:53: Message edited by: Banner Lady ]

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Epistols

Straight-shooting from Saul of Tarsus.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

The Book of Roof

about building a spiritual house and being well covered by prayer...

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
mice hole, mice hole
there is a country far beyond the stairs

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Plenteous Grace with thee is found -caught in delictu with the lusciously endowed head chorister

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

The Book of Common Pear includes recipes, growing tips, helpful instructions on canning, etc.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Instinction - the innate ability to dip into the chalice correctly.

--------------------
Oinkster

MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aposhstate Arriving at church wearing your Sunday Best.

--------------------

MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

Benedictionary: (N)
A useful liturgical book containing the correct spelling of all blessings.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by MiceElf:

Very nice!

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

quote:
Originally posted by MiceElf:

And rather the worse for wear, I feel.

(or something like that)

[ 16. August 2010, 18:29: Message edited by: Chorister ]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

The Book of Micar

particularly beloved by all rev-heads...

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016