homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  18  19  20 

Source: (consider it) Thread: HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread
Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's the issue that Stetson doesn't want to answer.

It may be arguable that priests/ministers/imams/leaders should have to accept some form of heckling or disagreement if they use their pulpits(?whatever) to issue racist or other hateful thoughts, although I would tend to think that "religious" services should not be interrupted. A strong public statement of disagreement should be allowed as "free speech", if necessary.

But why should a funeral for a truly innocent victim be allowed to become a political-agenda parade? Why is hate speech in need of protection in this case?

Not to mention: why is hate speech necessary at all? It is possible to express disagreement without being hateful, and it is necessary to express disagreement without being hateful if you are actually a Christian or Muslim or Buddhist or Jew or just about any other flavour.

The reason we have laws limiting speech is exactly that: there is no need to express hatred at any time. Even an atheist will tell you that.

So why should we protect hate speech at all? (I guess I'll start a Purg thread)

[ 10. August 2008, 23:38: Message edited by: Horseman Bree ]

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
But why should a funeral for a truly innocent victim be allowed to become a political-agenda parade? Why is hate speech in need of protection in this case?

Because, as I said before, I don't think a bad law should be legitimized through enforcement. I could phrase the argument this way...

There are two questions I could ask about this issue:

1. Do I favour that s.176 should be on the books?

2. Do I think that s.176 should be used against Phelps?

Now, my answer to the first question is "no", for reasons I have outlined elsewhere in this discussion. And, having answered "no" to the first question, I don't see how it would be ethically consistent for me to answer "yes" to the second.

And yeah, the idea of picketting funerals makes even a guy like me question the wisdom of holding fast to the liberal orthodoxy on speech issues. However, upon consideration, it seems to me unlikely that this law would stop Phelps from inclting emotional misery in one way or another.

It's pretty clear that the whole point of the Westboro group is to make themselves hated by disrupting the most solemn events imaginable. Now, if they're hellbent on doing that in Canada, I don't think that they're gonna be deterred by the fact that they can't legally disrupt funerals. They would likely just find another equally sacred target that it would be legal for them to go after. For example, they could go to cancer hospitals and carry around signs saying YOU'RE ALL GOING TO HELL CHEMO-FREAKS!! on the front sidewalk. I suppose someone would try to argue that medical facilities are covered by s.176's "bevevolent groups", but do we really want to be adding a huge sector of the economy to the list of places that it is illegal to picket? Even if we did do that, I don't think that Fred Phelps Esq. would have much difficulty coming up with numerous methods of hitting people in their most vulnerable moments, all legal under Canadian law. I can think of about half a dozen off the top of my head, though I shall refrain from posting them here.

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Horseman Bree:
So why should we protect hate speech at all? (I guess I'll start a Purg thread)

I gae my personal answer at extreme length on that thread...

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Holy Moley
Apprentice
# 8924

- Posted      Profile for Holy Moley   Email Holy Moley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bah, I thought this thread was a discussion about that swimmer chap who won all the medals.
Posts: 23 | From: Leeds | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
AndyS83
Shipmate
# 14011

- Posted      Profile for AndyS83   Email AndyS83   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Has anyone visited the website God hates Shrimp?

http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/

Leviticus 11:10 states:

"And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you"

classic..

--------------------
"the moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy" -e.e. cummings

Posts: 121 | From: 51° 20' 55.51N 1° 39' 58.28W | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Moley:
Bah, I thought this thread was a discussion about that swimmer chap who won all the medals.

This being a Hell thread didn't tip you off that this wasn't about the swimmer?!

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Roll Eyes]

Psddy, do please go away. You're giving Hell a bad name.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bunnies lambasting each other. Next, we'll have rubber chickens at 20 paces. May a thousand blood-thirsty parasites feast upon your furry privates.
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
[Roll Eyes]

Psddy, do please go away. You're giving Hell a bad name.

I wasn't talking to you so why the hell don't you shut your pie-hole?

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, it's like this, Spikey: you post here, you paint a great ringed, dayglow sphincter upon your forehead that all can take pot-shots at. The last thing you want to do is whine about others target practice. If out of your league, best to deflect sarky comments with self-effacing rhetorical posts implying your antagonist has missed the mark. Otherwise you simply confirm their criticism. If you haven't the wit or wherewithal to compose a suitably witty response, simply ignore them. [Zwingli is a good example of this tactic]

I know it's difficult for a nice person like you to accept - but there are mean people like jlg just waiting to take advantage of your basic good nature in order to make themselves look clever or tough. Try finding some personal attribute [short, old, anglican...bald ] that may be sensitive and withwhich you can compose a blistering rebuttal.

Meanwhile, go polish your Hummels.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ouch.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh look! Paddy has adopted a new tough-looking avatar! Oh dear, now I'm scared of her.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
Try finding some personal attribute [short, old, anglican...bald ] that may be sensitive and withwhich you can compose a blistering rebuttal.

HEY! Jennifer is not Anglican!

quote:

okay, serious moment... what does that mean? and tell me it's something really, really insulting because I'm dealing with some class-A sleazebag, seeping ass-wound-faced nipple pimples with Hummel as a surname.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Comet - do you mean to tell us that your home is totally without these tasteful ceramic products?
(aka Reasons to Own a Hammer)

[ 16. August 2008, 21:39: Message edited by: Firenze ]

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
that's a Hummel?

bummer.

though I'd agree with the reason to own a big hammer identification. the Hummels I know fit that description. but "cute" or even "sickeningly sweet" would not qualify. closer would be "inbred" "freakish" "unwashed since the Truman administration" and "stalkeresque".

and no, I have nothing like that in my home. but then, I lack the "cute and cuddly" gene myself.

[ 16. August 2008, 21:51: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Paddy O'Furniture:

I wouldn't mess with jlg. It hasn't been that long since I learned the following:

quote:
Originally posted by Twilight: I'd steer clear of jlg though, the old battle ax beats groundhogs with shovels.
quote:
Originally posted by jlg: Actually, it was a baby groundhog.
quote:
Originally posted by Comet: and she made its mommy watch.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah yes, Organ Builder. I remember that exchange.

Oh, how we laughed.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
...and no, I have nothing like that in my home. but then, I lack the "cute and cuddly" gene myself.

Oh, sure you do. How else could one acquire those pinchable cheeks and bubbling magnanimous equanimity?

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

Organ Builder has obviously never messed with a groundhog, baby or adult.
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

quote:
Well, it's like this, Spikey: you post here, you paint a great ringed, dayglow sphincter upon your forehead that all can take pot-shots at. The last thing you want to do is whine about others target practice. If out of your league, best to deflect sarky comments with self-effacing rhetorical posts implying your antagonist has missed the mark. Otherwise you simply confirm their criticism. If you haven't the wit or wherewithal to compose a suitably witty response, simply ignore them. [Zwingli is a good example of this tactic]

I know it's difficult for a nice person like you to accept - but there are mean people like jlg just waiting to take advantage of your basic good nature in order to make themselves look clever or tough. Try finding some personal attribute [short, old, anglican...bald ] that may be sensitive and withwhich you can compose a blistering rebuttal.

Actually, I think I'll polish my gun collection.

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

quote:
Originally posted by Organ Builder:
quote:

I wouldn't mess with jlg. It hasn't been that long since I learned the following:

quote:
Originally posted by Twilight: I'd steer clear of jlg though, the old battle ax beats groundhogs with shovels.
quote:
Originally posted by jlg: Actually, it was a baby groundhog.
quote:
Originally posted by Comet: and she made its mommy watch.

Thanks. Some of the broads on this thread are either going through menopause or haven't had sex since the Truman presidency, poor things. I'll try to keep that in mind.

--------------------

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
Organ Builder has obviously never messed with a groundhog, baby or adult.

Actually, I have. I hit one with the car once. It left a dent.

That was in Maryland, where groundhogs are the size of a medium dog. We have NOTHING that large in Georgia. It was larger than a 'possom or raccoon.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

RooK and Teuf are going to gnaw on my various cuter bits for continuing this trainwreck, but my inner bitch-mentor just won't let this pass. sorry fellas.
quote:

Paddy - this is exactly the kind of thing RooK was talking about in the other thread. this lacks any sort of class or subtlety or "betterthanyew" ethos, and therefore is just laughable as far as Hell rebuttals go.

Seriously, this sounds like a half-hearted attempt at "tough" cred. like those boys who talk about sex all the time - the more they talk about sex, the less they've ever experienced.

Am I right?

those of us who have ballistics and a variety of sharp objects in the home seldom feel the need to discuss them. So, by saying you're polishing your gun collection, you're in essence telling the denizens that you're about as rough and tough as a preschool teacher's aide.

who wears pink.

ribbons.

with teddy bears on them.

[Disappointed]

basic rules of Hell -

1) aloofness beats snarkiness 9 times out of ten. the best response to an asshole in Hell is no response at all. ("oh, were you talking to me? HAahaha! I thought you were just gibbering to yourself and your little friends...")

2) the tenth time, it is best to appear to be talking over the head of the other person, so as to maintain the aloofness schtick.

3) keep all anger to yourself and your computer desk. dont post until you can sound like you really couldn't care less what the other denizens think.

4) if you really want to sound intimidating, use lots of syllables. make some up, even. and write long text-dense posts about how the other person is wrong because, according to the 12th century philosopher Logorrheus, the synergy of the creation myth with the story of the 3-legged giraffe of Luxembourg means that anyone arguing the outdated theology of Cartouche's Brioche is obviously compensating for the innate miniscule size of their rhinocephalon and couldn't truly tell their adventita from a hole in the ground.

then, even if you dont know what you're talking about none of us will argue because we will have fallen into a coma by your third sentence.

Seriously, there is an art to this place. get your undies out of a knot and you might learn something... and have some fun, eventually. because despite what RooK said on the other thread, I was teasing you, in a har-har-aren't-we-buds kind of way. your response shows a complete lack of Hellish Cool. You can overcome this, I promise.

let your Inner Bitch have a voice, darling.

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gun collections are like Japanese body tattoos. They are assembled over a lifetime, and are a physical expression of a person's inner self. As it is so personal, it isn't casually shown in public.

Both a body tattoo and a gun collection are meant to be exposed once in a deep expression inner beauty to someone who truly appreciates it.

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sober Preacher's Kid:
Both a body tattoo and a gun collection are meant to be exposed once in a deep expression inner beauty to someone who truly appreciates it.

By gum, mating habits in the Far North are even weirder than previously thought.
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

quote:
RooK and Teuf are going to gnaw on my various cuter bits for continuing this trainwreck, but my inner bitch-mentor just won't let this pass. sorry fellas.
quote:

Paddy - this is exactly the kind of thing RooK was talking about in the other thread. this lacks any sort of class or subtlety or "betterthanyew" ethos, and therefore is just laughable as far as Hell rebuttals go.

Seriously, this sounds like a half-hearted attempt at "tough" cred. like those boys who talk about sex all the time - the more they talk about sex, the less they've ever experienced.

Am I right?

those of us who have ballistics and a variety of sharp objects in the home seldom feel the need to discuss them. So, by saying you're polishing your gun collection, you're in essence telling the denizens that you're about as rough and tough as a preschool teacher's aide.

who wears pink.

ribbons.

with teddy bears on them.

[Disappointed]

basic rules of Hell -

1) aloofness beats snarkiness 9 times out of ten. the best response to an asshole in Hell is no response at all. ("oh, were you talking to me? HAahaha! I thought you were just gibbering to yourself and your little friends...")

2) the tenth time, it is best to appear to be talking over the head of the other person, so as to maintain the aloofness schtick.

3) keep all anger to yourself and your computer desk. dont post until you can sound like you really couldn't care less what the other denizens think.

4) if you really want to sound intimidating, use lots of syllables. make some up, even. and write long text-dense posts about how the other person is wrong because, according to the 12th century philosopher Logorrheus, the synergy of the creation myth with the story of the 3-legged giraffe of Luxembourg means that anyone arguing the outdated theology of Cartouche's Brioche is obviously compensating for the innate miniscule size of their rhinocephalon and couldn't truly tell their adventita from a hole in the ground.

then, even if you dont know what you're talking about none of us will argue because we will have fallen into a coma by your third sentence.

Seriously, there is an art to this place. get your undies out of a knot and you might learn something... and have some fun, eventually. because despite what RooK said on the other thread, I was teasing you, in a har-har-aren't-we-buds kind of way. your response shows a complete lack of Hellish Cool. You can overcome this, I promise.

let your Inner Bitch have a voice, darling.

You're right. I apologize to all and sundry. I found to my dismay that my blood sugar was quite a bit higher than it was supposed to be and I was very ill without realizing it. I'm not a bobblehead as much as a bubblehead when it comes to this stupid %#$%@! goddamn diabetes.

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

This is in no way an appeal to all of you for sympathy because I know better. I am prepared for all the snotty things you will say about how dumb I am, how immature, how pedestrian my thoughts on any subject are, how lame I am, how boring, saccharine, moronic, etc, etc. Have I covered all the insults? I'm sure I haven't. I'm certain you will tell me what I've missed.

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:

By gum, mating habits in the Far North are even weirder than previously thought.
Actually I live a considerable ways south of you. Peterborough is at 44 degrees North Latitude, and Edinburgh is at 54 degrees North Latitude.

--------------------

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

quote:

I had to check--for a moment I thought you were describing Purgatory.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:

Actually I live a considerable ways south of you. Peterborough is at 44 degrees North Latitude, and Edinburgh is at 54 degrees North Latitude.
By gum, mating habits in the Deep South are even weirder than previously thought.
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

No, no, my dear. The Deep South refers to the US States of South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. I live in the Great Lakes Region, in particular Southern Ontario or Upper Canada.

[Disappointed] The Scottish school system seems to be slipping.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

As far as I am concerned, you are all effete southerners (along with people from Yorkshire).

OK, there are people to the south of you, but that is irrelevant.

And my education owes nothing to Scottish schools: my original and independent habit of thought (in contradistinction to yours, which seems pitiably in thrall to convention) was forged in other fires.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Latitude 62.

and alas, our mating rituals often do include tattoos and guns.

unlike you effete southerners down there at 54.

[Razz]

--------------------

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But we have sunlight in the winter, so there. [Razz]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

Personally, I would like to see sunlight in summer.

(It's not all waving palms and the cicadas calling at noon down here you know).

[ 18. August 2008, 08:18: Message edited by: Firenze ]

The Blessed Pangolin
Shipmate
# 13623

- Posted      Profile for The Blessed Pangolin   Email The Blessed Pangolin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Often as possible, in my case.
Posts: 460 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Latitude 62.

I thought it was blue tarps and duct tape?

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by HenryT:
I thought it was blue tarps and duct tape?

I thought that was Homeland Security.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

You can't beat the romance of a dead furry critter. A relative of mine went on a hunting-moon.

Nothing reaffirms your manliness like killing and butchering a deer. Though nothing beats the taste of bear.

Mmmm, bear. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

There are probably bears out there who think: Mmmm, nothing beats the taste of fresh honeymooners.

(Note for anyone scouring this thread for Tips to Successful Seduction: stiffening pile of fur, draggled in blood, once-liquid eyes glazed, tongue lolling from foam-flecked jaws - no. Venison medallion in cream sauce beside a glass of Côte Rôtie - possibly).

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
Maybe if a bunch of people were recruited to hit on Phelps and his wife whenever they're out picketing, they might be put off it a bit. [Snigger]

It would be funny, but I wouldn't recommend it.

IIRC, Matthew Shephard's murder was triggered by hitting on (?) a straight man in a bar. I'm NOT in any way, shape, or form blaming Matthew. Just saying that the proposed action could be very dangerous.

And I suspect that Fred is mentally ill, deeply closeted, possibly an abuse survivor, or some combination of the three. If someone pushed his buttons by hitting on him...
[Eek!]

Phelps is one ugly bastard. Who in their right mind would even make a pass at the old coot? He's an ugly, ugly man, both physically and spiritually. I don't believe in a fallen angel that people call Satan but certain humans are incredibly evil and are devilish. Fred Phelps, take a bow.

--------------------

bonabri
Shipmate
# 304

- Posted      Profile for bonabri   Email bonabri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But who would have thought that he could swim so well?
Posts: 274 | From: Brighton and Hove, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Though nothing beats the taste of bear.

Mmmm, bear. [Big Grin]

Dead, or alive?

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

Dead. Game must be throughly cooked in order to prevent Trichinosis.

--------------------

Frustrated Farmer
Shipmate
# 10782

- Posted      Profile for Frustrated Farmer   Email Frustrated Farmer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
According to the local paper, while the fire department has not made an official determination of the cause of the fire at Phred's compound, one of his children is sure that it was set intentionally. [Roll Eyes]

Once again I had the joy of seeing the clan out picketing on my way into church today.

Posts: 588 | From: Kansas, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Frustrated Farmer:
According to the local paper, while the fire department has not made an official determination of the cause of the fire at Phred's compound, one of his children is sure that it was set intentionally. [Roll Eyes]

How sure? Irrefutable evidence? Gosh they are disgusting; they make Mrs Iris Robinson look enlightened and reasonable.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by Frustrated Farmer:

Once again I had the joy of seeing the clan out picketing on my way into church today.

Farmer, we appreciate your role on the front lines, so to speak. you make a great SoF "scout" for Phelpsian stuff.

you poor thing.

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

Dear Lord! Having to share a town with the Phelps Clan? You and neighbours must be models of patience to have to live with that circus.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Dear Lord! Having to share a town with the Phelps Klan? You and neighbours must be models of patience to have to live with that circus.

Please note the minor change in spelling which is bolded.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

Yes, I thought about that jibe but didn't go for it. That'll teach me to pull my punches.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  18  19  20 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016