homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread (Page 16)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 

Source: (consider it) Thread: HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread
HoosierNan
Shipmate
# 91

- Posted      Profile for HoosierNan   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They are financed, according to the information that I have seen, from lawsuits. When someone irate tries to push them off the sidewalk or whatever, they go to court for "damages."
Posts: 795 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
teddybear
Shipmate
# 7842

- Posted      Profile for teddybear   Author's homepage   Email teddybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Topeka gets back at the Phelps with this annual Millon Fag March. This year Fred's son Nate will be speaking about what it was like growing up in the Phelps family. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town this weekend and can't attend.

[codefux]

[ 03. May 2010, 02:45: Message edited by: comet ]

Posts: 480 | From: Topeka, Kansas USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not sure if this has been posted before. A video by Nate Phelps.

There are others.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lord Jestocost
Shipmate
# 12909

- Posted      Profile for Lord Jestocost   Email Lord Jestocost   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:

There are others.

And a transcript of his talk is available too. Horrifying and moving. "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble ..."
Posts: 761 | From: The Instrumentality of Man | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Crœsos:
Crossing over with another Hell thread, the Phelpses are now planning on picketing Constance McMillan's graduation. I wonder if the parents of Itawamba County will be chastened by this fairly ugly mirror of their own behavior or if the parallels will be lost on them?

I'm betting the latter.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Jestocost:
quote:

There are others.

And a transcript of his talk is available too. Horrifying and moving. "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble ..."
Shit. I knew that family was seriously fucked up, but reading that first hand account sent shivers down my spine.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm pretty sure the Phelps clan will be picketing Heaven for daring to forgive all sorts of unsavory sinners. And I hope Matthew Shepard will be there grinning at them from within the pearly gates.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Imagine him there at the Gate covering Peter's break.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Janine:

[Killing me]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

- Posted      Profile for PaulBC         Edit/delete post 
Phelps was according to CNN a civil rights lawyer back in the 1960s . What happened ? The world wonders [Angel]

--------------------
"He has told you O mortal,what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice and to love kindness ,and to walk humbly with your God."Micah 6:8

Posts: 873 | From: Victoria B.C. Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A series of small strokes?

That's not exactly a joke.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Nightline" just did a good piece on Phelps' son. (There isn't a direct link. Look for "Hating the Haters", about 6 min. long.) Seems like a nice guy.

Evidently, Fred abused his wife and all the kids. Shirley (another grown kid) acknowledged some of that, though she thought of it as discipline. I don't think I've seen Shirley before. Quite a piece of work

[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Janine:

...and God meeting Fred in the guise of a beautiful drag queen. [Smile]

Just long enough to make Her point and have a little talk with Fred; not so long that Fred will implode.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
"Nightline" just did a good piece on Phelps' son. (There isn't a direct link. Look for "Hating the Haters", about 6 min. long.) Seems like a nice guy.

Evidently, Fred abused his wife and all the kids. Shirley (another grown kid) acknowledged some of that, though she thought of it as discipline. I don't think I've seen Shirley before. Quite a piece of work

[Votive]

And the authorities have not prosecuted him for the abuse of his children because ?

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Think2--

I wondered that myself. Maybe none of the kids have spoken up until recently? I don't know what the statutes of limitations are there.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Think²:
And the authorities have not prosecuted him for the abuse of his children because ?

Probably because they're all so brainwashed and/or terrified that none of them will dare testify against him.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm sure there's a statute of limitations; I know that evidence of abuse must be presented before such complaints are taken seriously, for obvious reasons.

My pen pal Shirley is one sick puppy. (But we knew that.)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I saw some footage recently of Shirley Phelps salivating over the idea of so many people going to Hell, Ross, and I Thought Of You. [Big Grin]
Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aw! My friend Fred is coming to Portland!

Unfortunately, I've already got an out of town guest that weekend, so I won't be able to go see him and let him know how much he's done for me.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You know, I wonder. Surely he has a home church he spends some Sundays in. A parade of taiko drummers past the church on a Sunday would be a great show of Japanese cultural heritage.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hmmm, I wonder if there are some traditional hymns that could be sung along with taiko drumming? Maybe Onward Christian Soldiers or A Mighty Fortress Is Our God? Y'know, those old four-square conservative, somewhat militant ones {that should in theory appeal to the Phelps crowd} and tend to encourage everyone to sing full-blast?

I'm just really enjoying the picture of a bunch of people singing their hearts out (Christian or not) with the lovely taiko drumming in support. Though the thought of a Phelps paying any attention except to look for spin opportunities is even less likely than anyone managing to pull off the taiko/Christian hymnfest event.

[fixed code]

[ 17. May 2010, 17:13: Message edited by: jlg ]

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Weren't they greeted somewhere rather recently by a large group singing "Jesus Loves Me, This I Know"?
[Big Grin]

[ 17. May 2010, 19:45: Message edited by: Pigwidgeon ]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Jesus Loves Me" doesn't mess with taiko drumming, though.

ETA: Nor with what appears to be the Phelps version of Christianity.

[ 18. May 2010, 17:21: Message edited by: jlg ]

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
ETA: Nor with what appears to be the Phelps version of Christianity.

I think that was the whole point.
[Snigger]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Phelps have a version of Christianity?

And here I thought they had started The Church of the Perverse Parody.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
urbanbumpkin
Shipmate
# 13505

- Posted      Profile for urbanbumpkin   Email urbanbumpkin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
http://www.thenoseonyourface.com/religion/fred-phelps-to-sell-hatin-hotties-of-westboro-calendar-to-pay-damages/

Not work safe, but very funny!

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Shirley Phelps-Roper's god is having none of that love stuff, and if you quote the Gospel of John to her she just gets angry.

I like the "hotties"...

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lord Jestocost
Shipmate
# 12909

- Posted      Profile for Lord Jestocost   Email Lord Jestocost   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Their website ("Welcome, depraved sons and daughters of Adam ...") contains an article that carefully and with deep scholastic insight unpicks the commonly mistaken interpretation of John 3.16. Maybe Shirley gets bad tempered because she put a lot of thought into it and no one seems to have read it.
Posts: 761 | From: The Instrumentality of Man | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Exegesis Fairy
Shipmate
# 9588

- Posted      Profile for The Exegesis Fairy     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Worrying, isn't it? Not to mention she apparently (I looked it up) has the support of the Strong's concordance. (Not sure if she knows, it's probably evil too.) See definition 8(b) here.

Oh noes!

God loves everyone: the greatest lie ever told!

That one did raise a smile.

--------------------
I can only please one person a day.
Today is not your day.
Tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Posts: 500 | From: the clear blue sky | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As an update from a (now closed) crossover thread, Constance McMillan, (a.k.a. "the prom lesbian") has apparently been run out of town.

quote:
McMillen had said she faced hostility on campus and in the community in the aftermath of her actions.

“There was a lot of stuff going on at Itawamba. It was just really hard to do my homework, so I transferred to Jackson to get my diploma,” McMillen said. “There’s a large gay community there. All the teachers are very nice and very helpful.”

Despite this, the Phelps clan is going ahead with their plans to picket the graduation at Ms. McMillan's former high school, on the premise that the town didn't do enough discourage homosexuality.

quote:
Meanwhile, officials in Itawamba County are preparing for a weekend protest at the district’s Saturday graduation. The Westboro Baptist Church’s website said members of the fundamentalist church would demonstrate in Fulton from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. The church says parents did not teach their children to condemn homosexuality.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, a member and attorney for the Topeka, Kan.-based church, said the group will protest peacefully on a public sidewalk.

Apparently a campaign of discrimination and harrassment is regarded as insufficient by the Westboro Baptist Church.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

quote:
Their website ("Welcome, depraved sons and daughters of Adam ...") contains an article that carefully and with deep scholastic insight unpicks the commonly mistaken interpretation of John 3.16. Maybe Shirley gets bad tempered because she put a lot of thought into it and no one seems to have read it.

If she really wanted it read, she wouldn't have posted in a font taken from the bottom of the eye-exam poster combined with palest blue on a white background.

Can you say "Let's make it really hard to read and then complain that no one reads it"?

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

quote:
Originally posted by Crœsos:
Apparently a campaign of discrimination and harrassment is regarded as insufficient by the Westboro Baptist Church.

Hey, it doesn't matter what you or your community did, it just matters how much media attention the WBC can get for picketing you.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

And now, from the "Hell has frozen over!" department, Ann Coulter has condemned the Phelpses!

{No, I don't read her column. [Biased] Given the John 3:16 development, I did a search to see if there was a "God loves Fred Phelps" site, and came across a blog that quoted the article above.}

--------------------

Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Guess who's supposed to be coming to our place Sunday. And guess who's head usher at 11:00!

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

OMG, Sine! [Killing me]

--------------------

LostinChelsea
Shipmate
# 5305

- Posted      Profile for LostinChelsea   Email LostinChelsea   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Phelpses threatened to show up in our town for a military funeral, causing much local uproar. I assumed it was an empty threat just to get attention, and that -- thank God -- turned out to be the case.

Turns out that all the extra uproar meant an impressive turnout along the route between church and cemetery. Ended up being a meaningful day for the community.

--------------------
Best when taken in moderation.

Posts: 237 | From: Deep South USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

So, Sine, what are you going to wear? And you are, of course, going to get parishioners to welcome the Phelpses and escort them into the service? (Forcefully, if necessary.)

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We want pictures! And lots of details!

Ack, I think I'm jealous.

Ew.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Guess who's supposed to be coming to our place Sunday. And guess who's head usher at 11:00!

Wear the suspenders! Wear the suspenders!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

There are others.

That's got to be one of the most sickening things I've ever read. I hope he finds peace.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:

Are these perhaps rainbow suspenders? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, the suspense!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is too funny...they picketed a non-denominational mega-church of a similar name out in the suburbs which while I’m sure is perfectly nice in it’s own way isn’t exactly the most liberal and/or gay friendly place in town. They must have been quite puzzled to have found themselves picketed, as well as two Baptist churches. I understand there were four picketers plus a child.

Anyway we were all disappointed, especially since we had a very good turnout at 11:00. Of course that could have been the Pentecost baptisms, but I doubt that explains the two exceptionally good looking young men who signed the visitors book, which proves that every cloud indeed has a silver lining.

I picked one of our gay couples to be the oblation bearers at the Offertory in a sort of F.U. to the ‘reverend’ Phelps and his ilk. Pity they weren’t there to see it.

(I went with tan seersucker suit and green & white bow tie as my confrontation outfit. Pity they weren’t able to see it either. It was much admired.)

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh what a bummer! They must have gotten lost.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:

The 'British English' meaning of this is both disturbing and quite appropriate...

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
(I went with tan seersucker suit and green & white bow tie as my confrontation outfit. Pity they weren’t able to see it either. It was much admired.)

Sine's posts often contain an elegance redolent of an era of gaslight and spats. I've always pictured him at the Cathedral on a Sunday morning in a pearl-grey morning coat, noiselessly signaling to his minions with a perfectly gloved hand.

Now I learn he wears seersucker before Memorial Day. I'm CRUSHED, I tell you.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Laud-able

Ship's Ancient
# 9896

- Posted      Profile for Laud-able   Email Laud-able   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tangent upon tangent:

The writer of this article suggests that in the South it is Easter that is the correct starting date for the wearing of white clothes (and by extension, I suppose, summer clothing).

--------------------
'. . . "Non Angli, sed Angeli" "not Angels, but Anglicans"', Sellar, W C, and Yeatman, R J, 1066 and All That, London, 1930, p. 6.

Posts: 279 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Organ Builder:
quote:

Sine's posts often contain an elegance redolent of an era of gaslight and spats. I've always pictured him at the Cathedral on a Sunday morning in a pearl-grey morning coat, noiselessly signaling to his minions with a perfectly gloved hand.
That's iGeek. He accompanied me to Flausa and Alan's wedding in just such attire.
Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I went with tan seersucker suit and green & white bow tie as my confrontation outfit...

You have got to be kidding. I would think black leather and a garrot more appropriate - balaclava optional.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

- Posted      Profile for PaulBC         Edit/delete post 
At least we can keep Fred & co out of Canada.
I believe he has been turned backed at the border on several occassions. I honestly think the man is crazy not to mention controllin sand just plain nasty . If he was all the only example of a believer I saw I would run the other way. Peace all [Angel]

--------------------
"He has told you O mortal,what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice and to love kindness ,and to walk humbly with your God."Micah 6:8

Posts: 873 | From: Victoria B.C. Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016