homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread (Page 17)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 

Source: (consider it) Thread: HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The latest... this is just too cool.

The Phelpsies are going to protest Comicion!

Here's one small article about it

And here's another

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
God hates Batman?!

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's the big package in Batman's underpants that excites the fags and so angers Fred P. (He is probably jealous because his is all shrivelled up).

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Shipmates may be divided on everything from brands of toothpaste to the existance of God, but at least we can all seem to rally around a common disgust in Fred Phelps.

He's obviously a gift. Allelujah.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Do you think they'd protest if Chick Tracts were on the comic book roster?

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
Do you think they'd protest if Chick Tracts were on the comic book roster?

Somewhere in the Phreddies bizarre doctrine I'm sure Jack Chick is designated a "fag-enabler".

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For what it's worth, my computer geek agnostic husband (who claims to keep up with the news on-line) is totally oblivious to Fred Phelps.

When I told him about Phelps and the Comic-con thing, he simply gave a slight shrug of "hey that's stupid" and then moved on with his life.

So I'm thinking that if the various Christians who disagree with Phelps would do the same (even if they have to do it in public when Phelps swoops down upon them), we could kill his campaign.

So here's the new motto: "Phelps? Westboro Baptist? Never heard of them."

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The comics community is suggesting donating money to various charities in honor of Mr. Phelps. The campaign is entitled God Loves Batman.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
Shipmates may be divided on everything from brands of toothpaste to the existance of God, but at least we can all seem to rally around a common disgust in Fred Phelps.

He's obviously a gift. Allelujah.

My feelings, exactly. If Phelps is what it takes, then go forth, my Legion of Bad Monkeys!
Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

- Posted      Profile for PaulBC         Edit/delete post 
Just looked at Phelps diatribe on Jn 3:16. She is WRONG. Her concept of God is sick beyond belief . What they are doing is defaming the Gospel message of Gods love. They are even offensive to agnostics & those who say there is no God . Honestly if I had to sit on a bus with either and athiest or Fred Phelphs give me the athiest please. [Smile] [Angel]

--------------------
"He has told you O mortal,what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice and to love kindness ,and to walk humbly with your God."Micah 6:8

Posts: 873 | From: Victoria B.C. Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemrw:
The latest... this is just too cool.

The Phelpsies are going to protest Comicion!

Here's one small article about it

And here's another

Despite being advised to ignore the Phelpsoids, it seems that Comicon attenders staged
some kind of counter-demonstration .

These people just won't do as they're told!

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My favorite sign was "The Cylons destroyed the 12 Colonies for your sins!"

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.

Wilfried
Shipmate
# 12277

- Posted      Profile for Wilfried   Email Wilfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
More pics of said counter protest here.

Absurdity is the only sensible response.

Posts: 429 | From: Lefty on the Right Coast | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Overused]

Do NOT fuck with nerds.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
oOOOoh! A protest sign for my sig!

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulBC:
Just looked at Phelps diatribe on Jn 3:16. She is WRONG. Her concept of God is sick beyond belief . What they are doing is defaming the Gospel message of Gods love. They are even offensive to agnostics & those who say there is no God . Honestly if I had to sit on a bus with either and athiest or Fred Phelphs give me the athiest please. [Smile] [Angel]

Give ME the Kalashnikov (set to stun, naturally)

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

Sorry Jahlove but an AK 47 would be a waste on WBC . One must allow them the possibility of repenting for their attutudes, heaven knows I have to every so often, or more frequnetly. Besides the outcome would be a term in prision , and they aren't worth it. [Smile] [Angel]

--------------------
"He has told you O mortal,what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice and to love kindness ,and to walk humbly with your God."Micah 6:8

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wilfried:
More pics of said counter protest here.

Absurdity is the only sensible response.

That made my WEEK.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
good on ya, fanguys'n'gals [Smile]

It's given me a new sig an' all

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another report here, with more pics and an interview.
Sheesh.

--------------------

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
[Overused]

Do NOT fuck with nerds.

Preach it, sister!

I hope this (along with the fund-raising schemes cited elsewhere) inspires anyone targeted by Phelps to fight back at the same idiotic level.

Since they seem to get press coverage anyway (which is what they want), it seems the only way to fight back is to make them look like the idiots they are by throwing their tactics back in their face.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm green with envy.

Does anyone know if there's a place you can sign up to ask Phred & Co. to come picket you? I can think of ANY NUMBER of great games we could play with them, if they'd only show up. Of course, they missed us out, last time they were in town. Shy little flowers.

Maybe we could start a website.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Life gets better. Apparently Phred & Co. went to Dallas recently, protesting outside numerous places, including the Holocaust museum, a couple of churches, and a resource center that helps people with HIV/AIDS. The resource center turned it into a fundraiser (think: protest-a-thon, per-minute sponsorship) and raised $11,000 toward food prep equipment. Read here.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Life gets better. Apparently Phred & Co. went to Dallas recently, protesting outside numerous places, including the Holocaust museum, a couple of churches, and a resource center that helps people with HIV/AIDS. The resource center turned it into a fundraiser (think: protest-a-thon, per-minute sponsorship) and raised $11,000 toward food prep equipment. Read here.

[Cool]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

There seems to be more Phelph like preacher s popping up w/their anti everything but what we say we believe attitudes . They don't realize what damage they do the cause of Christ. About even w/paedophile priests.

--------------------

Columbus
Apprentice
# 15792

- Posted      Profile for Columbus   Email Columbus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I remember once watching a vid of a debate between Fred Phelps and another well known Christian. The subject was "God Hates Some People", or something like that. Fred took the affirmative, unsurprisingly. He won the debate, hands down, no questions asked. He had Bible verses, he could explain them, Joe Modern Christian(I don't rememeber the name of the loser of this debate)had nothing but his own opinion. He had to explain why his opinion contradicted the Bible, and then explain why that was OK. He had to put his modern morality in contraposition to what the Bible clearly says, and then try to make out that his was a Christian belief system.

He got trashed, thoroughly and humiliatingly, because Fred Phelps accurately reflects Biblical teachings.

Tom

--------------------
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists;
Herein lies the Peace of God.

Posts: 39 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Columbus:
...Fred Phelps accurately reflects Biblical teachings.

Tom

[Eek!] [Confused] [Disappointed]
and, finally
[Projectile]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

quote:
He got trashed, thoroughly and humiliatingly, because Fred Phelps accurately reflects Biblical teachings.

You and Fred must be reading a different Bible than the one I've got.

--------------------

The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Columbus informs us that he is
quote:
an unrepentant faggot
And then goes on to tell us that
quote:
Fred Phelps accurately reflects Biblical teachings.
I have no qualms about the first statement (modulo the politics that may attach to the word faggot), but the second is seriously fucked up, by which I mean wrong and fucked up—and wrong.
Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TSA, you may have missed the fact that Columbus is a religion-hating fuckwit* who doesn't actually believe a word of the Bible, but if he did believe it he'd believe it the same way Ol' Phred does.

*= you know the sort. "some religious people don't like people like me, therefore all religions throughout all time are evil and wrong". It must have been quite literally weeks since we've had one of those signing up to have a pop at us...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
<snip>
... because Fred Phelps accurately reflects Biblical teachings.

Tom

Even a warped mirror reflects accurately within its own constructs! See non-Euclidean geometry.

If the Phelpsian notion that God is punishing a Fag-enabling America through events like 9/11 and the war dead in Iraq and Afghanistan is in any way consistent with Christianity, could someone please let me know.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Columbus
Apprentice
# 15792

- Posted      Profile for Columbus   Email Columbus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No need to take potshots at the messenger, guys. I'm just describing a video I watched on godhatesfags.com, at least ten years ago. I just went back to god hates the world dot com to see if I could find it again, but I don't think it is still there.

The fact is that Fred made a very strong case that God does hate many people, backing it up with long lists of verses from God's Own Bible, the KJV. He was quite proud of it, and gave a full transcript putting all the verses he cited into context.
Many of the arguments he made can still be found here:

http://www.godhatestheworld.com/common/html/john316.html

Obviously, what Fred does is choose which verses he prefers and places more importance on them, then minimizes the importance of other conflicting verses.
But doesn't everybody do that to some extent?

I'd even go a step further. It looks to me like, given the last several centuries of wars, colonialism, and slavery, Fred's view is a good bit more "traditional" than most modern views of Christianity.

Tom

--------------------
Nothing unreal exists;

lanky_cynic
Apprentice
# 15728

- Posted      Profile for lanky_cynic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I'd even go a step further.
[/QB]

Preferably off a cliff, if you're agreeing with Ol' Phelpsy.

Funniest WBC moment I've seen on TV: Kieth Allen (Brit actor, now known as being father of singer Lilly Allen) asking the Phelpses which one was the illegitimate grandson.
I don't think I've ever seen a silence that tense.

Columbus
Apprentice
# 15792

Quoting someone is hardly the same as agreeing with him.

Fred and I have some fundamental disagreements, including but not limited to, the existence of an omnipotent Being whose plans can be seriously thwarted by some bags of sensient protoplasm He Himself made, exactly as they are.

Tom

--------------------
Nothing unreal exists;

The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Marvin, you are so right. I offer my apologies. With the yawn-inducing Yorick carrying Columbus's water for him I didn't bother to look to see the evidence on page two of his Purgatory thread. I promise I will not FtT, even when presented with flammatory language such as faggot.
Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
No need to take potshots at the messenger, guys. I'm just describing a video I watched on godhatesfags.com, at least ten years ago.

Don't lie to us. We can scroll up.

quote:

That's not just describing a video. It's making a judgment on its contents. And we're disagreeing with that judgment. You're not just the messenger here, you're the message.

--------------------

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

TSA, thanks for the link.
Columbus
Apprentice
# 15792

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
No need to take potshots at the messenger, guys. I'm just describing a video I watched on godhatesfags.com, at least ten years ago.

Don't lie to us. We can scroll up.

I can't be bothered with lying to anyone. I tried to find the video so you could all describe your own reactions, but I couldn't. I posted a link to the best representation I could find. I've noticed that absolutely nobody responded to it.

At this point in the discussion I suppose I should call you an asshole or something. Hellish rules permit it and the forum culture seems to expect it. But I just think you are mistaken. I've made much worse mistakes. So, how about you try to explain to me why you think I am mistaken, knowing that I already think you are and will back up my opinions?

quote:
quote:

That's not just describing a video. It's making a judgment on its contents. And we're disagreeing with that judgment. You're not just the messenger here, you're the message.

Sorry buddy, I am describing a video. A christian has a very unpopular, but soundly Bible based, opinion. That is the judgement I am making. I am not the message, I am the messenger. I am quoting a christian who quotes the Bible which quotes God.

Wanna hear a good quote from a white Protestant christian about why black people can't go to heaven? Check out StormFront.org and search for Rev. Mark Bannon.

I don't have to lie about any of this stuff. I can quote Christians about Christianity all day long.

Tom

--------------------
Nothing unreal exists;

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

"Sorry buddy, I am describing a video. A christian has a very unpopular, but soundly Bible based, opinion. That is the judgement I am making."

MAKING A JUDGMENT is not DESCRIBING A MOVIE. Is English your first language?

--------------------

St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

quote:

...Fred Phelps accurately reflects Biblical teachings.

Tom

and

quote:

Sorry buddy, I am describing a video. A christian has a very unpopular, but soundly Bible based, opinion. That is the judgement I am making. I am not the message, I am the messenger. I am quoting a christian who quotes the Bible which quotes God.

Wanna hear a good quote from a white Protestant christian about why black people can't go to heaven? Check out StormFront.org and search for Rev. Mark Bannon.

I don't have to lie about any of this stuff. I can quote Christians about Christianity all day long.

Tom

Hello Tom

So your purpose here on SoF is to have a whack at Christianity by quoting the most obnoxious dickheads in Christendom and claiming that they represent mainstream Christian belief.

Best of luck with that one, mate.

Hello and Goodbye, probably.

--------------------

fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
guess what people....

one detected

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

quote:
Originally posted by fletcher christian:
guess what people....

one detected

So it's Goodbye Columbus.

(Can I be the first to say that?)

[ 08. August 2010, 19:22: Message edited by: St. Stephen the Stoned ]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
<snip>

Tom

If you're going spend all day quoting Christians about Christianity I'm sure some immigrant will be happy to do whatever work you're supposed to be doing.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Stephen the Stoned:
quote:
Originally posted by fletcher christian:
guess what people....

one detected

So it's Goodbye Columbus.

(Can I be the first to say that?)

I've actually had that phrase in my head for several days.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

quote:
with long lists of verses from God's Own Bible, the KJV.

Ah, yes, the KJV. Which fell out of Jesus' pocket as he ascended into Heaven. It was so kind of him to ensure his words were written in red, wasn't it?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sioni, ROTFL!!!

Spiffy--but surely the Jefferson Bible is easier? No pesky searching for red. TJ did all the cutting and pasting for us!
[Two face]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

I wouldn't assume that Columbus knows who Thomas Jefferson is, seeing as he lived a couple hundred years before the latter worthy personage.

--------------------

JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a bit unclear, but apparently someone with an industrial-sized tear gas dispenser sprayed the protesters (and mourners, and cop) at a funeral for a Marine protested by the Westboro Baptist Church.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rule #1: Always be sure a cop isn't in the line of fire when you're drive by pepper spraying a group.

Phelps supposedly holds with Calvinism that some are pre-ordained before birth to be saved and everyone else is condemned to hell. Frankly, if he represents the "saved" I'd prefer the company in hell. Fortunately, I think he's dead wrong on just about everything he believes (it ain't Christianity he believes in) so I don't have to worry about that.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
More here.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016