homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  18  19  20 

Source: (consider it) Thread: HELL: The Official SoF Phelps-watch Thread
Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known
Shipmate
# 11399

- Posted      Profile for Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known   Email Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I ventured idly into their official website and looked at their picketing schedule. It appears that the millions they stand to lose due to the lawsuit does not hinder them from staging a picket at Helsinki for the Jokela massacre.

Silly people! Me-doubts that they'll even get visas to visit Finland.

Lord help me if they decide to picket the nearest Finnish consulate in the region.

Posts: 1833 | From: Manila, Philippines | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
IIRC, they were wisely kept out of the UK some years back.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known
Shipmate
# 11399

- Posted      Profile for Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known   Email Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
With recent news of a bombing at the Philippine House of Representatives' compound, resulting in the death of a Muslim congressman (Rep. Wahab Akbar of Basilan), I won't be surprised if Phred Felps and his little horde will want to picket the Batasan ("Legislature") complex.

what's worse is that a lot of people enjoy 3 weeks' worth of visa-free stay in this country. [Disappointed] Then again, the millions they have to pay the Snyders might delay that jaut a bit, and by then, that part of Batasan will have been cleared of rubble and restored to its regular use, although the business of legislation will be conducted with some mourning over the loss of one of their own.

I pray God that should any member of the Fleps family set foot on these Islands, let them be detained and deported as personae non gratae, or be welcomed by the local Hare Krishna in full force... Or the Catholic Bishops with the ghost of Cardinal Sin hovering overhead.

Posts: 1833 | From: Manila, Philippines | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Frustrated Farmer
Shipmate
# 10782

- Posted      Profile for Frustrated Farmer   Email Frustrated Farmer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a report that the clan is headed to Omaha, Nebraska to demonstrate at the shopping mall that was the scene of some violence this week.

[Frown]

--------------------
I used to know some of the answers, then they changed the questions.

Posts: 588 | From: Kansas, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Fall from Grace" is being televised in the U.S. this week -- for those who have premium cable t.v.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
RadicalWhig
Shipmate
# 13190

- Posted      Profile for RadicalWhig   Author's homepage   Email RadicalWhig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The most interesting element of the Phelps' warped theology is the concept of the "fag enabler". This is a person who, although not personally homosexual, is nevertheless deserving of condemnation for not opposing homosexuality. This guilt is corporate - entire nations are to blame especially the [Devil] EVIL COUNTRY OF SWEDEN [Devil] . Even if you are personally opposed to homosexuality, by the very fact of living in a country where homosexuality is tolerated you become a fag enabler, and thus a fair target for picketting. It was by this curious logic that the Phelps ended up picking a shop in the US which sold Swedish domestic appliances - complete with "Fag Nation" signs in abundance. Incidentally, the King of Sweden is suing for defamation.

--------------------
Radical Whiggery for Beginners: "Trampling on the Common Prayer Book, talking against the Scriptures, commending Commonwealths, justifying the murder of King Charles I, railing against priests in general." (Sir Arthur Charlett on John Toland, 1695)

Posts: 3193 | From: Scotland | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Living in Gin

Liturgical Pyromaniac
# 2572

- Posted      Profile for Living in Gin   Email Living in Gin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So, if the US decided to pass a federal law protecting the civil rights of GLBT people, Phelps and his minions would be forced to move somewhere more conservative like, say, Afghanistan?

Sounds like everybody comes out a winner in that deal.

(grammar)

[ 11. December 2007, 22:01: Message edited by: Living in Gin ]

--------------------
It's all fun and games until somebody gets burned at the stake.

Posts: 1893 | From: Cincinnati, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gin, ROTFL! [Smile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Living in Gin:
So, if the US decided to pass a federal law protecting the civil rights of GLBT people, Phelps and his minions would be forced to move somewhere more conservative like, say, Afghanistan?

(grammar)

[Tear] Afghanis [Tear]

Like they don't have enough trouble.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by Living in Gin:

[Tear] Afghanis [Tear]

Like they don't have enough trouble.

I agree - although I have to say that in a match-up between the Phelpses and the Taliban there's going to be only one winner...

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RadicalWhig
Shipmate
# 13190

- Posted      Profile for RadicalWhig   Author's homepage   Email RadicalWhig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If the US Constitution guarantees the right of the Phelps clan to go about their strange business more-or-less without restraint or molestation, does this mean that the United States is a nation of Phelphs-enablers?

--------------------
Radical Whiggery for Beginners: "Trampling on the Common Prayer Book, talking against the Scriptures, commending Commonwealths, justifying the murder of King Charles I, railing against priests in general." (Sir Arthur Charlett on John Toland, 1695)

Posts: 3193 | From: Scotland | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RadicalWhig:
If the US Constitution guarantees the right of the Phelps clan to go about their strange business more-or-less without restraint or molestation, does this mean that the United States is a nation of Phelphs-enablers?

I hope to God, yes.

Better to acknowledge the boil than let it fester under layers of smug censorship.

Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's that whole "market place of ideas" thing. By allowing them to expose their ideas in public, they expose themselves to the ridicule and comtempt of all right thinking people, which would be pretty much the rest of the entire human race.

In other words, they protest; everyone else points and laughs.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Billfrid
Shipmate
# 7279

- Posted      Profile for Billfrid   Email Billfrid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Points and laughs?
Oh yes, the Irish site is a hoot "the poison potato earth" and so on, you couldn't make it up.
Seriously though - have the Phelpses bought up every domain name starting with "godhates" and then the name of a geographical area? (Thinks a bit then goes on to the electric internet...)

I don't believe it!!!
https://secure.uk2.net/cgi-bin/register/newdomain.pl?domain=godhatesphelpses&x=8&y=12&javascript=on
GODHATESPHELPSES.COM IS FREE!

[Killing me]
Please somebody - buy it, pretty pretty please.

Posts: 58 | From: London UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please refrain from appearing to promote any questionable or adversarial public actions.

Thanks.

-RooK
Hellhost

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Frustrated Farmer
Shipmate
# 10782

- Posted      Profile for Frustrated Farmer   Email Frustrated Farmer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If I might be allowed a moment, the clan was back out on the street corner today across from the ECUSA parish I lurk at. The first Sunday back at their old location since the fire, and I got to see their clever signs. [Projectile]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You see, Farmer, I think your parish has some great opportunity here. I'm not sure what, exactly. kill them with kindness?

x-lax brownies?

calling in 5,000 hare krishnas to tambourine them to death? there has just got to be something basically harmless but really devious and funny, too.

something worth videotaping.

WWMPD*....

I'll put my thinking cap on. I feel a special shipmeet coming on.

*what would monty python do?

(hope you survived the storm intact, by the way)

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Billfrid
Shipmate
# 7279

- Posted      Profile for Billfrid   Email Billfrid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Hellhost - I didn't "advocate" anything - I just pointed out that a domain name was free, and legally purchasable.
Though if you think you can read minds and predict actions, you could get a real job somewhere.

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Billfrid,

I knew you were going to say that, thanks to my mystical Hellhost powers. If you don't like my instruction, feel free to pursue it in the Styx.

My powers also have divined that you're a shithead. Just thought I'd mention that, in case you hadn't noticed it yourself.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

comet!

What did I just say about not appearing to promote anything on these boards? At least have the common decency of undermining my appearance of an illusion of authority on a separate thread. Don't make me pull rank and flog you with your own pitchfork.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
whups, sorry boss.

got carried away in the moment.

*hangs head in shame*

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Billfrid
Shipmate
# 7279

rookisacunt.com is also free - maybe I'll buy it.

[removed link, just in case it confuses the slowest amongst us. comet, Hellhost

[ 17. December 2007, 17:21: Message edited by: comet ]

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Billfrid:
rookisacunt.com is also free - maybe I'll buy it.

You may well have bought it as the Boys in Blue used to say in the Battle of Britain.

[ditto to edit above. comet, Hellhost]

[ 17. December 2007, 17:22: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Billfrid
Shipmate
# 7279

Aw, that's ok, I have an infinite number of alter-egos at my command. Fly my pretties!
BYEEEEE!

Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Billfrid:
I have an infinite number of alter-egos at my command.

Fuckmuppet, asshat, or plain 'ol blithering idiot? I just can't decide...

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sounds like a flounce AND a sockpuppet threat, all in one. Way to save bandwidth!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An article on Phelps and others is in the recent 'From our own correspondent' programme on BBC Radio 4.

Audio available from same link.

quote:
A million Kansans will be taking their Bibles to church in the coming week but they will not be bashing them.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grizzy
Shipmate
# 3286

- Posted      Profile for Grizzy   Author's homepage   Email Grizzy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
It's that whole "market place of ideas" thing. By allowing them to expose their ideas in public, they expose themselves to the ridicule and comtempt of all right thinking people, which would be pretty much the rest of the entire human race.

Eh, I think by ridiculing them, we're still giving them attention, which is what they seem to get off on. They're like badly behaved children who will do anything to get people to look at them, always looking for the next most absurd stunt they could pull. If it were possible for us all to collectively ignore them when they act up, I bet they would find some other way to deal with their issues. (But they make it hard by being so shockingly offensive.)
Posts: 74 | From: Mobile Alabama | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't know where the video was originally posted, but here is a valuable comment on and opportunity to view something I hope Michael Jackson will sue over...

The only thing that really scares me is that someone might actually think Phelps and his hate-clan are Christians-- [Frown]

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Clairvauxant
Apprentice
# 13271

- Posted      Profile for Clairvauxant   Email Clairvauxant   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That video is one of the most disturbing things that I have ever seen.

--------------------
"To be really medieval, one must have no body. To be really modern, one must have no soul. To be really Greek, one must have no clothes" -Oscar Wilde

Posts: 25 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Anglican_Brat
Shipmate
# 12349

- Posted      Profile for Anglican_Brat   Email Anglican_Brat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Freaking.

I think the Phelps clan is a classic case of a cult in the United States. The fact is, the Phelps family are pretty much isolated from everyone.

They really don't understand anything of the Gospel message. They are following after something, but it isn't Jesus.

--------------------
It's Reformation Day! Do your part to promote Christian unity and brotherly love and hug a schismatic.

Posts: 4332 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

I just realized that they've somehow confused christ with Cthulhu.
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

how big is the WBC? is it really just an extended family, as it looks from here? or do they have actual followers?

anyone know?

(Frustrated Farmer?)

--------------------

Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

- Posted      Profile for Squirrel   Email Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I read somewhere that it has about 30 members.

--------------------
"The moral is to the physical as three is to one."
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Posts: 1014 | From: Gotham City - Brain of the Great Satan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn MagdalenCollege:
I don't know where the video was originally posted, but here is a valuable comment on and opportunity to view something I hope Michael Jackson will sue over...

The only thing that really scares me is that someone might actually think Phelps and his hate-clan are Christians-- [Frown]

Fucking [Help] .
I thought I wouldn't be surprised any more by the things they get up to - clearly I was wrong.

Where did I read something along the lines of;
quote:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

[ 23. December 2007, 13:56: Message edited by: luvanddaisies ]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Once again I think the best response is to pray for these people - God loves them regardless, just as much as he loves you or me.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A further thought:

Yes, these people are appalling and their views are appalling but then I have been faced with homophobia on a pretty much daily basis since before I was even sexually aware so it isn't really news to me - indeed similar views, although generally not couched in such extreme language, are quite a regular occurrence here on the Ship of Fools. In a sense give me the open homophobes any day rather than those that attempt to hide their venom behind sweet words - an honest enemy in front of me is preferable to the honey-tongued back-stabbing bastard behind me!

And because it now involves folks other than fags, indeed the whole world, am I suddenly supposed to take it more seriously?

Well, I'm not sure I can to do that - I'll continue to pray for them and those anti-human rights advocates here on the Ship. I'll even continue to love them all and seek that of God in them all - and I shall thank God that I am not commanded to like them all!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stupid, slightly tangental question.

How can anyone really be against human rights? Especially if they call themselves Christian? It really doesn't add up.

--------------------
More where that came from
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Posts: 6028 | From: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Frustrated Farmer
Shipmate
# 10782

Comet:

I cannot say how many members they have in their church, other than family members, but I do not think that there are many. When anyone from the church is quoted, it is one of the children.

After a 9 inch snow storm yesterday, I do not know if they made their usual Sunday schedule of picketing. [Confused]

--------------------

Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

- Posted      Profile for Squirrel   Email Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I also read that most of the WBC's members are related to dear Pastor Fred. As the host of that video site remarked, they do look related to one another. Perhaps inbreeding has caused some mental deficiency.

--------------------
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Posts: 1014 | From: Gotham City - Brain of the Great Satan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hmm. No 'perhaps' about it, IMHO.

Even if there are only 30 or so of them, they still make a hell of a noise and cause a hell of a fuss.

[Votive]

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
In a sense give me the open homophobes any day rather than those that attempt to hide their venom behind sweet words - an honest enemy in front of me is preferable to the honey-tongued back-stabbing bastard behind me!

[Overused]

[ 23. December 2007, 21:37: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's very scriptural, WW - "faithful are the wounds of a friend" -- (actually Prov. 27:4-6 is all pretty relevant: Wrath is fierce and anger is a flood, but who can stand before jealousy? (5) Better is open rebuke than love that is concealed. (6) Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but deceitful are the kisses of an enemy.) and Psalm 55:12-14 is profound: For it is not an enemy who reproaches me, then I could bear it; nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me, then I could hide myself from him. But it is you, a man my equal, my companion and my familiar friend; we who had sweet fellowship together walked in the house of God in the throng. Both God and man know a thing or two about betrayal.

A really scary thought is that these people might be Christians in some way yet they actively refute so much of what Jesus explicitly said... talk about grieving God... [Frown]

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
an honest enemy in front of me is preferable to the honey-tongued back-stabbing bastard behind me!

[Overused]
You know, I never thought of that as the "Siné getting rugburns" smilie before.
Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Hmm. No 'perhaps' about it, IMHO.

Even if there are only 30 or so of them, they still make a hell of a noise and cause a hell of a fuss.

[Votive]

Ian J.

I also read that a lot of them are lawyers. Goes to show it doesn't take too much smarts to get through law school nowadays.

--------------------
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yep, the song parody was horrid, and I found myself hoping for a knock-down, drag-out, copyright violation lawsuit... until I saw the last 20 seconds - for the love of the sweet baby Jesus, that's CHILD ABUSE. [Projectile] [Mad] [Waterworks] Now I'm hoping the child protection authorities in Kansas see that video and do something about these Phucking Phelpses before there's another Waco or People's Temple. [Votive] OliviaG
Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May God bless that child, and set her free from the evil that has been done to her. [Votive]

And the rest of her family as well.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I saw the parody video, and to me it seems more like an instruction of how NOT to be Christ-like than anything else. What really makes me sick is that there are people who actually believe this crap, and that there are people who think this represents all of us Christians.

If I had to change the label I used for my faith to disassociate from these people, I would. Hopefully I won't have to, because these people will be seen for the hateful bigots they are.

And yes, I agree that teaching that to the child is a form of abuse. We can only pray that she comes to see the real Jesus and rejects what she has been taught in terms of this evil.

--------------------
More where that came from
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Posts: 6028 | From: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Drooling Drummer
Shipmate
# 11364

- Posted      Profile for Drooling Drummer   Email Drooling Drummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here is the latest.

Apparently anyone having anything to do at all with Brokeback Mountain is a fag enabler.

I wonder how WBC found out about Brokeback Mountain? Wouldn't reading about it/reading plot lines equate to reading gay propaganda? What about hearing about it? Isn't that the same as listening to gay propaganda?

the best part about these morons is that nobody took them seriously before, and now they have proven themselves just a punch-line to a joke.

who honestly forms an opinion of someone based on a character they portrayed as a critically acclaimed professional actor?

Even the regular lunacy of Phred and Klan has been surpassed by this!!

(dammit can't spel proppperley )

[ 24. January 2008, 10:39: Message edited by: flighty ]

Posts: 242 | From: $99...plus GST | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan Strange
Shipmate
# 11001

- Posted      Profile for Jonathan Strange   Email Jonathan Strange   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by flighty:
(dammit can't spel proppperley )

Maybe that is Phred's problem too?

--------------------
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bears his teeth, winter meets its death,
When he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again"

Posts: 1327 | From: Wessex | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  18  19  20 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016