homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: 2009 Ship Of Fools Celebrity Death Pool game thing (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: 2009 Ship Of Fools Celebrity Death Pool game thing
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eddie George, former Governor of the Bank of England, has died aged 70.

[ 18. April 2009, 15:03: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

- Posted      Profile for Joyeux   Email Joyeux   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hospitalized: Stephen Hawking. Current reports that he will be kept in hospital overnight.

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Posts: 4318 | From: over th... no, there! | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Union leader and old person's champion Jack Jones* has died at 96.

He has been on previous lists of mine but I gave him a rest this year.

*Not to be confused with the American singer or any other Jack Jones that may be out there.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
[...] I gave him a rest this year. [...]

Well, he might be resting a tad longer than you planned, Sioni. [Smile]

May he RIP.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fletcher christian:
Has Graham Kendrick died yet ?

Sadly

No

Can anyone notch up J G Ballard this week?

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This morning I found out that Cj Sambach died Feb. 27. [Votive] [Tear]

He was a gentleman, an awesome organist, and my friend. I wondered why he hadn't been e-mailing me. I just thought he was really busy with his concerts. [Frown]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
This morning I found out that Cj Sambach died Feb. 27. [Votive] [Tear]

I'm sorry to hear that. He made the instrument interesting and accessible to a lot of young people. He may well have done more than any other single person in the US to insure the continued survival of our instrument.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Golden Girl Bea Arthur

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jack Kemp, R.I.P.

--------------------

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Geo:
Golden Girl Bea Arthur

Footnote: Kelly and I were listening to the radio when we heard that news. I said "I wonder if anyone had her?", and after a beat, she gave me that look. (Everybody who follows this thread knows that look by heart...)
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, basso. I know that look. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did anyone have Dom DeLuise on their list?

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And did anyone have Marilyn French on their list?

RIP.

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about Dom deLuise?

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pay attention, Sir Kev. Jedijudy had him two posts above yours. [Disappointed]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Did anyone have Dom DeLuise on their list?

Goodnight, sweet prince,
and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

PS: Thanks for the laughs.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by basso:
quote:
Golden Girl Bea Arthur

Footnote: Kelly and I were listening to the radio when we heard that news. I said "I wonder if anyone had her?", and after a beat, she gave me that look. (Everybody who follows this thread knows that look by heart...)
I'm afraid this game has warped me to the point that I *always* think that when hearing of a celebrity death.

But as to the wonderful Bea Arthur, I was disappointed that almost every obituary I read focused only on her TV roles and failed to note that she originated the role of Yenta in Fiddler on the Roof. "The way she sees and the way he looks, it's a perfect match!"

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She DID? [Cool]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One of my favourite poets, U A Fanthorpe died on 28th April 2009. Her poem Not My Best Side got me into the National Gallery go see the Ucello picture for real (it's very small - the Battle of Romano on a neighbouring wall is far more impressive).

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Never mind faffing about people of whom no-one's heard!

What I wanna know is:

How come I haven't any freaking points??

[Waterworks]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

PMs PeteC with contact info for Guido and Vinnie

Gosh, I don't know Uncle Pete.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
WTFWED?

philip99a
Shipmate
# 13799

- Posted      Profile for philip99a   Email philip99a   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
BAD TASTE ALERT!

Anyone get Jeremy Beadle ?

Is it just me or have things been a bit quiet recently celebrity-grim-reaper-wise? Perhaps it's the warm Spring weather. :-(

Pig flu really has been a big disappointment so far.

We might hope that the visit of the Aussie "Doctor Death" will hot things up a bit, so to speak. Did anyone spot celebs slipping quietly into his "nationwide workshops" and perhaps slipping out, even quieter! :-)

BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY ALERT!
CASH AVAILABLE FROM UK REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCIES,
BUT HURRY!
What we need is the equivalent of Hello magazine to boost this thread. Perhaps "Goodbye" magazine?

I hope things get going soon.... bit like being trapped in a Terry Pratchett novel. Oh.... er .... did anyone list him btw?

Yrs with condolences

Mort's Assistant x

[ 09. May 2009, 23:13: Message edited by: philip99a ]

--------------------
We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time T. S. Elliot (Four Quartets)

Posts: 1300 | From: Leicester (UK) | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by philip99a:

Is it just me or have things been a bit quiet recently celebrity-grim-reaper-wise? Perhaps it's the warm Spring weather. :-(

Its just you - from my POV JG Ballard, UA Fanthorpe, and Jack Good count as far too many for a fortnight.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by philip99a:
BAD TASTE ALERT!

Anyone get Jeremy Beadle ?

Probably, but as it was last year I really don't remember

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sinistærial
Ship's Lefty
# 5834

- Posted      Profile for Sinistærial   Author's homepage   Email Sinistærial   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bud Tingwell

[Votive] [Votive]

Even though it is my first 14 points for many years, it's the one I would have wished never happened.

--------------------
People laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at other people because they are all the same.
æ = æ

Posts: 894 | From: The Holy City - Adelaide | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ian Cundy, Bishop of Peterborough, died suddenly on his way down to Creamtealand.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
14 points for Sinistærial and 36 for Light User.
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

Mickey Mouse.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you are English-speaking and ever got beyond the trainset on the carpet you will have heard of Cyril Freezer, who died last week. No one had him, but I had to mark this. God Bless you Cyril and many thanks.

Thanks to Carl Arendt's fine website.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The last survivor of the Titanic, Millvina Dean, has died aged 97.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/hampshire/8070095.stm

A whole three points for me!

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

The curtain comes down on Danny La Rue.

19 points anyone?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Chicago has the blues tonight. ( [Votive] RIP Koko Taylor 1928-2009)

--------------------

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

Kung Fu is dead.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another troubled soul -- who would have guessed?

As dear Emily Dickinson wrote:

Fame is a bee --
It has a song,
It has a sting,
Ah, too, it has a wing!

[ 04. June 2009, 14:53: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

quote:
Kung Fu is dead.

[Frown]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
WTFWED?

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Kung Fu is dead.

Now that was a great TV series. [Frown]

Rest in peace, Kwai Chang Caine.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Poor man. The cops are saying suicide, but no one is coming forward to say he was depressed. Maybe at the autopsy a diagnosis of disease that he left unrevealed will be found.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
Chicago has the blues tonight. ( [Votive] RIP Koko Taylor 1928-2009)

I had the privilege of seeing her perform three times--she could rock the house like nobody else. [Votive]

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

Here's Johnny!!!!!!

(Ed McMahan) RIP.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Farrah Fawcett Major has died at 62, which I'm afraid is another 38 points to me.

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Farrah Fawcett Major has died at 62, which I'm afraid is another 38 points to me.

Also for LatA, Gwai, Lyda*Rose, and Amazing Grace.

But she hasn't used 'Majors' for many years.

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I have 0 points: I did not do my homework properly in December.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

Look at it this way, Sir Kev, we have both bestowed the gift of immortality upon these poor souls.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
WTFWED?

Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Former Governor General Roméo LeBlanc.
Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And Michael Jackson apparently.
Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LQ:

Is it confirmed? I heard on the news that he had apparently had a coronary. All I could think was 'damn, why didn't I have him on my list!'.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
quote:
Originally posted by LQ:

Is it confirmed? I heard on the news that he had apparently had a coronary. All I could think was 'damn, why didn't I have him on my list!'.

Auntie Doris x

Yes, I just heard on the radio that it's confirmed. And that's 50 big moon-walking points for somebody.

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LQ:

Auntie Doris x

Yes, I just heard on the radio that it's confirmed. And that's 50 big moon-walking points for somebody.
Damn. I went for the wrong train wreck of a pop star.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LQ:

Auntie Doris x

The local news reports keep saying he was 60. If so, that would be 40 pts for the chief mourners.

(Just checked Wiki and they say 50. It's more in line with my memories of him as a child star when I was growing up.)

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You people are very, very special.

Yes, I came straight here when I found out about Jacko.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016