homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: 2009 Ship Of Fools Celebrity Death Pool game thing (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: 2009 Ship Of Fools Celebrity Death Pool game thing
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joyeux:
...suddenly realized it was December already, and I hadn't made a list.

You can start now. And check it twice. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Umm... Kelly wishes everyone to know that she didn't write that. She admits that it's the kind of wiseass thing she would say, but she didn't.

That was me.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it just me, or has this been an unusually high-scoring year? I have 138 points - which is 138 more than last year(!) - and I'm still only 5th.

(Unashamedly proud of thinking of Beitullah, though [Razz] )

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Scores are higher this year than in the previous two. Two years ago Uriel's cancer victim theme got him 152 points, and that was more than double second place.
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ISTM that a few people got bulk points with people like Jade Goody, Michael Jackson and Patrick Swayze, who all died relatively young.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett, Jade Goody and Wendy Richard all had cancer too. So did Keith Floyd, but that didn't hit the press until a few months before he died.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:
Originally posted by Joyeux:
...suddenly realized it was December already, and I hadn't made a list.

You can start now. And check it twice. [Big Grin]
I didn't enter last January--not for lack of trying. I was in the Florida Keys and couldn't get much of a connection. This is my winning year, I just know it.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Light User
Apprentice
# 14254

- Posted      Profile for Light User   Email Light User   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lucian Pulvermacher, aka Pope Pius XIII, called it a day on 30th November, according to his Wikipedia page.

--------------------
Vita brevis, ars longa

Posts: 49 | From: Devon | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Light User:
Lucian Pulvermacher, aka Pope Pius XIII, called it a day on 30th November, according to his Wikipedia page.

Hey Pete, you've got 9 points!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

If a Pope dies in the woods, do we give any points?

His WP article has been changed, and I find a blog post that mentions his 'reported' death, but Google News doesn't know anything at all. It seems to be a sad story in any case.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So whaddya think? Do I get him? Eh?

[Tear]

The poor man. [Tear] [Votive]

My first points ever!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gosh, Pete, if you've been playing all this time and you're only getting a few points now, you really are a Kiss of Life.
[Overused]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually I feel rather sad that someone who claimed to be an anti-pope was buried with only a graveside service, and only one condolence in the on-line guestbook. Last Monday, it was.

RIP poor misguided man. I hope everything is clearer for you now. [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He probably takes consolation in the fact that not very many people signed our Blessed Lord's condolence book either.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
vito ofmcap
Apprentice
# 15340

- Posted      Profile for vito ofmcap   Author's homepage   Email vito ofmcap   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The 411 about "P13."

While Lucian chose to separate himself from the Order after his new calling in '76, we stay try to stay in contact with all the former friars.

Through a relative that works at one of our parishes, we learned that Lucian died on November 30, 2009. Because we learned late, and because of his reclusive sense, none of the friars were able to attend his burial.

I hope my "clerical privelege" has been helpful in getting your 9 points. [Biased]

Peace,

--------------------
Vito Martinez, Capuchin
Whenever someone asks: "What would Jesus Do?," remember "Scream and start flipping over tables," is an acceptable answer.

Posts: 2 | From: Allison Park, PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

It's not strictly within the rules, but this isn't the Oscars, either.

Thanks for the info, Br. Vito, and welcome (again!) to the Ship.

Pete, I've updated the scorecard with your 9 points.

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anybody have Oral Roberts?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God finally called him home. He said this would happen if donors failed to raise a million dollars.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course he said that 20 years ago. God is nothing if not patient.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Queen Mousie
Shipmate
# 9925

- Posted      Profile for Queen Mousie   Email Queen Mousie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Roy Disney, nephew of Walt (Micky Mouse, Disneyland)Disney.

--------------------
Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 167 | From: On a clear day you can see L.A. L.A. Land | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Anybody have Oral Roberts?

I had them once, but I got a mouthwash from the pharmacist and it soon cleared them up.

Sorry - couldn't resist! [Devil] I'll get me coat...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, but not as many as Tiger Woods. (Reputedly)

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Yes, but not as many as Tiger Woods. (Reputedly)

Doonesbury's punchline the other day was that all the comedy writers are worried about their employment, because the Tiger jokes are writing themselves.
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Birttany Murphy anyone? Big points as she was only 32.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Queen Mousie
Shipmate
# 9925

- Posted      Profile for Queen Mousie   Email Queen Mousie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Britney Murphy, Actress, aged 32.

--------------------
Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 167 | From: On a clear day you can see L.A. L.A. Land | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I listed a whole bunch of hedonistic celebrities I thought might die young, and I missed Brittany Murphy??? Probably due to not having a clue who she is.

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kim Peek, age 58, who was the inspiration for the Dustin Hoffman character in the film Rain Man.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Light User
Apprentice
# 14254

- Posted      Profile for Light User   Email Light User   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dominican theologian Fr. Edward Schillebeeckx has died at the age of 95. Points for me, should the English speaking press choose to acknowledge his passing...

--------------------
Vita brevis, ars longa

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Facebook publicized his death, so it counts!

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Light User
Apprentice
# 14254

Another of my picks, Cardinal Cahal Daly, isn't doing very well either - he's in intensive care. I wonder if he'll make it to 2010?

--------------------
Vita brevis, ars longa

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Light User:
Another of my picks, Cardinal Cahal Daly, isn't doing very well either - he's in intensive care. I wonder if he'll make it to 2010?

May he rest in peace.

That is 8 last-minute points for you for this year's contest, though.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
56 minutes to go. Is there a prize for getting one so close? Can anyone beat this in the coming year, I wonder?

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

So another year is passed and another flock of celebrities has departed.

Our winners are:

Inside Track with the Grim Reaper: Wet Kipper
Quantity not Quality: Tree Bee and Curiosity killed, with 5 hits. (No, not that kind of hits.)

Here are the top scorers:
Curiosity killed 210
Tree Bee 198
Amazing Grace 154
Ferijen 151
lady in red 138
koshatnik 116
Organ Builder 116
East Price Road 106
Left at the Altar 104
Lyda*Rose 104
Cottontail 101

Full list at the usual place.

b.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016