homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Change-a-letter films again (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Change-a-letter films again
Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Medical documentary about liver function

The green bile

Its a long way to the nearest supermarket, better start walking now

Spar Trek

Jesus thinks its unfair he's the only one who gets transport into Jerusalem, so arranges some for his followers in...

Twelve Donkeys

Story about a man who is able to get what he wants by strong arguments:

The Exhortist

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dodgy goings-on at the crematorium in:

Kick-ash

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bacchus
Ship's Sommelier
# 11408

- Posted      Profile for Bacchus   Email Bacchus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Documentary of one woman"s journey through the underground world of sexual fetishes:
The Kink and I

--------------------
Cogito, ergo spud.
I think, therefore I yam.

Posts: 2066 | From: Central Indiana, USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bacchus:
Documentary of one woman"s journey through the underground world of sexual fetishes:
The Kink and I

No no, that's the story of a woman with extremely good taste in men, who is obsessed with Ray Davies.

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
watfordpete
Shipmate
# 14797

- Posted      Profile for watfordpete   Email watfordpete   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Esmeralda:
quote:
The Kink and I

No no, that's the story of a woman with extremely good taste in men, who is obsessed with Ray Davies.
Presumably a Merchant Avory Film?

--------------------
Woe to you when all speak well of you, for that is what their ancestors did to the false prophets (Luke 6.26)

Posts: 77 | From: Luton, UK | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A sepia-toned film of an elderly couple who find romance in entering a rural swimming contest

In Golden Pond.

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Severed limbs suddenly come back to life and prey on the living.

Night of the Living Head

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Vietnamese veteran desperately looking for the toilet:

The Door Hunter.

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The tale of how one medieval village, afflicted by a particularly vindictive witch's curse which inflicted a series of monsters and rivers upon them, managed to get round it with a bright idea:

Seven Bridges for Seven Bothers

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

A film in which a young bacon-maker, played by Hayley Mills, fails to bring samples of her product to a vagrant:

Whistle Down the Rind .

watfordpete
Shipmate
# 14797

- Posted      Profile for watfordpete   Email watfordpete   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Post modern documentary pic following the ups and downs of an owner of a tanning salon.

A tan for all seasons

--------------------
Woe to you when all speak well of you, for that is what their ancestors did to the false prophets (Luke 6.26)

St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A character from East Enders finally gets enough to eat:

The Full Minty

[ 09. April 2010, 10:51: Message edited by: St. Stephen the Stoned ]

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Magic meets "The Birds" (highly influenced by the fact that I saw a lovely bird of prey hovering over a field two days ago):

The Buzzard of Iz

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thrills and chills movie, which may be too intense for the little kids:

Malice In Wonderland

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dogs at a local shelter seize power and gain control of adoption procedures and feeding schedules:

The Canine Mutiny

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Inspired by this news report, it was announced that production has started of

Bardemic

The story of an invasion of truly awful poets and singers, with uncertain outcome. Sponsored by MTV and introduced by Britney Spears. (And already mocked by some as 'Barfemic'.)

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hairy night out in a quaint corner of the city:

Wig Trouble in Little China

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

An alien with superior hearing ability is unable to complete its mission here on Earth, and goes bonkers because of earthy germs and fungus which its home planet does not have:

The Seven Ear Itch

--------------------
Oinkster

Quinine
Shipmate
# 1668

- Posted      Profile for Quinine   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Grammarians with sinister powers in

The Sixth Tense

Posts: 252 | From: In a fen | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quinine
Shipmate
# 1668

- Posted      Profile for Quinine   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The young wizard learns to spit like a dragon in

Harry Potter and the Gobbet of Fire

Quinine
Shipmate
# 1668

A peninsula in peril in

Tor Story

I'll stop now.

[ 09. April 2010, 20:22: Message edited by: Quinine ]

watfordpete
Shipmate
# 14797

West Indian women find friendship at an exercise class

Pilates of the Caribbean

--------------------

Bacchus
Ship's Sommelier
# 11408

- Posted      Profile for Bacchus   Email Bacchus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Speculative sci-fi movie based on the very real fear that television was created by aliens:

E.TV

--------------------
Cogito, ergo spud.

St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A young wizard finds an impractical drinking vessel:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Wire

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

A contemplative community in Botwana, prone to Spoonerisms, suddenly finds itself involved in guerrilla warfare and sabotage:

The Nuns of Gaborone

[ 10. April 2010, 11:56: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The African Queer - A must see moving drama dealing with the issues of homophobia and racism. Tells the story of how a gay bootlegger was forced to escape on a boat with a queen from a traditionally minded African tribe. Ends with a surprising outcome.
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Two pothead lawyers wake up after a night of partying and can't find their way to court.

Dude, Where's My Bar?

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A high octane spy thriller with a full flavoured liquidity of plot. Not for the faint hearted or fans of Anthea Turner.

Drainspotting

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Beautiful girl looks in mirror and discovers, too late, that the dwarves have stolen all her handkerchiefs to use as sheets:

Snot White.

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Superhero who's superpower is to brown-nose people into submission:

Lick Ass

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bacchus
Ship's Sommelier
# 11408

Story of a group of friends who gather one weekend to concoct a large pot of soup:

The Big Chili

--------------------
Cogito, ergo spud.

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

A classic horror story of the attempted murder of a pet owner by his pet duck using allergy sensitivity as the chosen weapon.

Clear and Present Dander

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Or the version for dyslexic birds slightly larger than ducks:

Clear and Present Gander .

Bacchus
Ship's Sommelier
# 11408

Film detailing the humorous battles between two artist's models:

The War of the Poses

--------------------
Cogito, ergo spud.

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

quote:
Film detailing the humorous battles between two artist's models:

The War of the Poses

Heh, same description could apply to

True Grin

Light User
Apprentice
# 14254

- Posted      Profile for Light User   Email Light User   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Clint Eastwood is starving to death, but can't even begin to contemplate eating his pet gosling.

Every Which Way But Goose

--------------------
Vita brevis, ars longa

Posts: 49 | From: Devon | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bacchus
Ship's Sommelier
# 11408

Classic horror film about a man about to be cut in half by two huge swinging breasts:

The Pit and the Pendulous

--------------------
Cogito, ergo spud.

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

An undercover narcotic agent meets an Amish woman and lost the plot.

Witless

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

A glowing dog howls in the middle of the night before a dead body is discovered at the foot of the alp, a score clutched in its lifeless hand:

The Hound of Music

There is also the Dartmoor version, a family choir raising the echoes in close harmony (?):

The Sound of the Baskervilles .

[ 12. April 2010, 12:10: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

A creature lurks in the brewery at night.... (cue sinister music)

The Pint Panther

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

A group of Homepride flour graders invites Whoopi Goldberg to join their Amateur Dramatic society:

Sifter Act .

Bacchus
Ship's Sommelier
# 11408

Documentary of the effects of famine on wild cats:

The Thin Manx

--------------------
Cogito, ergo spud.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

A Canadian exterminator business is taken hostage by an angry, vengeful colony of termites - oh, it's just too horrible !

North by North-Pest

--------------------
Oinkster

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

Be prepared to explore the tasty world of two Michelin star chefs and the lengths they would go to roast a bird.

To Kiln a Mockingbird

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

1950s American teens get hooked on ironing:

Crease .

Bacchus
Ship's Sommelier
# 11408

Great historical drama about a man who had an excuse for everything:

A Man For All Reasons

--------------------
Cogito, ergo spud.

watfordpete
Shipmate
# 14797

Epic based on the triumph of good over evil and the retreat and defeat of Satan and Hell

Cowering Inferno

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Kittehs lurves 2 goe 2 teh mooviez an eat popcornne an giggle inna darke 2 !

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcat

--------------------
Oinkster

watfordpete
Shipmate
# 14797

In a similar vein... evil katz iz lookin at u

Salem's LOL

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Short film about church-goers eagerly talking together before the service while the
bells ring out:

Chatty-Chatty-Bong-Bong.

Clearly not into Ignatian spirituality.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016