homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Cluedo: Some Body to Love (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Cluedo: Some Body to Love
Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Amethyst asks Austin Eliab and Col. Mustard if they saw Lady Lemon in the dining room with the lead pipe.
Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, Capt. Brown, Mrs. Peacock--did you happen to observe Lord Burgundy (dreadful man, can't believe the sort who are getting peerages these days) in the vicinity of the kitchen with a candlestick in his hand?

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Plum and Peacock: Amethyst, Lounge, Lead. To that, what do you say?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Peach asked Peacock and White about Grey in the Billiard Room with the Spanner

Mrs White asked Ginger and Mustard about Plum in the Kitchen with the Blunderbuss

Lady Lemon asked Mustard and Silver about Grey in the Billiard Room with the Lead Piping

Austin Eliab asked White and Peacock about Grey in the Kitchen with the Dagger

Miss Amethyst asked Eliab and Mustard about Lemon in the Dining Room with the Lead Piping

Dr Silver asked Brown and Peacock about Burgundy in the Kitchen with the Candlestick

Col Mustard asked Plum and Peacock about Amethyst in the Lounge with the Lead Piping

Lady Lemon, Austin Eliab, Miss Amethyst, Dr Silver and Col Mustard discovered new information.

Once again today, you may ask the same question of two different people, and you may not ask a pair of people who have already been questioned together earlier in the day. You may question a pair who have been questioned together at some other time, or a pair who have never been questioned together.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I shall ask the pair of Peach & White if they know anything about Dr Silver, the study, & the spanner ?

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Meanwhile, in the Kitchen, Mrs White and Miss Peach are discussing Portia's 8th birthday this weekend.......

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, I still 'ave my suspicions about that Dr. Silver - I'll go for the Revolver and the Lounge - bit risky as it was full of guests most of the time on the night in question. But he's a pretty cool customer, so if anyone could do it, I reckon 'e could. No sense of shame, see.

Now, who shall I ask? I think I'll try Miss Amethyst and Professor Plum.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know you sent them to bed, Mrs.White, but I simply don't think the children are at all tired, because they are now mattress surfing down the grand stairwell in the entry. Perhaps Professor Plum would be good enough to open the front door?

You don't happen to have any netting handy do you?

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I should like to ask Mrs. White and Austin Eliab about Col. Mustard in the study with the dagger.

[ 24. June 2011, 04:08: Message edited by: Timothy the Obscure ]

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
I know you sent them to bed, Mrs.White, but I simply don't think the children are at all tired, because they are now mattress surfing down the grand stairwell in the entry. Perhaps Professor Plum would be good enough to open the front door?

You may have heard childish giggling and mattress surfing, Lady Lemon, and you may naturally have assumed that was the children, but I can assure that I tucked them in myself and they went out like lights in two minutes. I suspect your surfers were Ginger and Peachy. Someone's been nipping at my medicinal gin again. Could 'ave been Burgundy and Peacock, I suppose. They're almost at their second childhoods.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Questions to Mrs Peacock and Ginger about Dr Silver with the revolver in the dining room.

Now to go and phone Mrs Black about that birthday.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With my notes having been reviewed, it seems several of us are the same leads chasing. Rather amusing can it be, ja?

There is a question. The question of mine of Miss Scarlet and Dr. Brown is: Ginger, in the lounge, with the candlestick.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

- Posted      Profile for Eliab   Email Eliab   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It suddenly ocurs to me that I've said nothing to the detriment of Professor Plum. How remiss of me. Especially as in his case, there's actually some basis for suspicion.

Look - his invite clearly says he was supposed to arrive with his wife. Where is she? Anyone seen her? And what sort of Professor is he anyway? He keeps that very quiet.

He's drugged her, I reckon. Because he's working on a top-secret government project to create the ultimate secret agents: agents with so deep a cover it includes an neural-lattice of entirely fake memory, so that the agent does not even know her own identity until a hypnotic command is given. The Professor's wife is the prototype: mind erased by drugs and given a new identity and implanted with subconscious but lethal combat skills. Only the Professor and his lab-technician (Mrs Peacock) knew of the experiment.

However they made a mistake. Partly to test the depth of conditioning, but mostly because they could, our scientists embarked on a torrid affair. Consciously, of course, the automaton which was once Mrs Plum, had no reason to object when she saw the Professor in the lounge, wrapped in another woman's arms, but nevertheless something snapped inside, and she went berserk, breaking off a length of lead-piping from the guttering, and when Mr Black remonstrated with her, she killed him with a perfect assassin's nerve-strike to the neck.

The Professor sedated her, of course, and she returned to her previous, false personailty. But is it not the case that Professor Plum's jilted, brain-washed, and highly dangerous wife is none other than Miss Amethyst? It is time for the scientists to reveal all.

[ 24. June 2011, 15:48: Message edited by: Eliab ]

--------------------
"Perhaps there is poetic beauty in the abstract ideas of justice or fairness, but I doubt if many lawyers are moved by it"

Richard Dawkins

Posts: 4619 | From: Hampton, Middlesex, UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

- Posted      Profile for Eliab   Email Eliab   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
With my notes having been reviewed, it seems several of us are the same leads chasing. Rather amusing can it be, ja?

I have no idea what you mean, chum. All my research is 100% original. Don't go impugning my journalistic integrity, here. There's such a thing a libel law in this country.

[ 24. June 2011, 15:50: Message edited by: Eliab ]

--------------------
"Perhaps there is poetic beauty in the abstract ideas of justice or fairness, but I doubt if many lawyers are moved by it"

Richard Dawkins

Posts: 4619 | From: Hampton, Middlesex, UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The professor had dozed off. It was getting late, the port was warming his belly, and dreams of past glories seemed enticing. Slumped in a chair in the library he was quite unaware of the continuing activity in the rest of the house. Occasionally twitching, and with an ever-growing string of saliva escaping from the side of his mouth he looked nothing like the world-renowned academic he liked to present himself as.

After some time, he started violently and was suddenly awake. The restorative effects of his doze were not immediately obvious, as he stared around himself with a look of confusion on his face. A footstep was heard in the hallway outside and suddenly his faculties seemed sharpened, like a mask of competence had been snapped into place where his own face should have been. Looking about keenly for an opportunity to resume his investigative quest, he leaped to his feet with a measure of enthusiasm and set off to find the rest of the group.

"I say, you lot don't seem to have got very far in my absence, eh? Of course, I should have expected this from a load of second-rate minds such as your good selves. But now the cavalry has arrived: fed, watered and chomping at the bit!

"Ms Amethyst and Ms Peacock I wonder if you couldn't enlighten me about Mrs White, her favored kitchen and ornamental but deceptively sturdy candlestick which she keeps there? Much obliged."

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Ahem. Miss Portia is 8 years old today so, current sad circumstances notwithstanding, the party tomorrow will go ahead. You are cordially invited to bring your inner child, if you have one, to the party on the other thread. Strictly speaking, the sleepover is Saturday, but you/s/he/it/they can stay Friday night if absolutely necessary (as, for example, might be the case with some of our overseas friends).

If you don't have an inner child - or simply don't wish to let it loose - Yyou can either stay here in relative peace and quiet or join in the party thread as your current selves - only make sure you don't frighten any of the little darlings.

Miss Peach is finalising some details with the errant Mrs. Black and a more formal invitation to non-residents will be issued in the Styx in due course.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

"No, young man, you may NOT pee into Mrs. Peacock's evening bag, even if she has left it enticingly open on the floor in the corner. Go and use the fountain in the conservatory, like the rest of the gentlemen are doing. Yes. I know you're bored. Then, why don't you offer to help with the party decorations? I'm sure Mrs.White could use some extra hands."

Lady Lemon sighed. Sometimes there was little difference between a six year old boy and a thirty, forty or fifty-six year old boy. They should never be left to themselves to wander aimlessly about, because mischief invariably followed.

She had a strange feeling of misgiving about this party...

--------------------

Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Amethyst asks Dr. Silver and Mrs. White about Miss Scarlet, the candlestick and the lounge.
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lady Lemon asked Peach and White about Silver in the Study with the Spanner

Mrs White asked Amethyst and Plum about Silver in the Lounge with the Revolver

Dr Silver asked White and Eliab about Mustard in the Study with the Dagger

Miss Peach asked Peacock and Ginger about Silver in the Dining Room with the Revolver

Col Mustard asked Scarlet and Brown about Ginger in the Lounge with the Candlestick

Austin Eliab asked Plum and Peacock about Amethyst in the Lounge with the Lead Piping

Prof Plum asked Amethyst and Peacock about White in the Kitchen with the Candlestick

Miss Amethyst asked Silver and White about Scarlet in the Lounge with the Candlestick

Lady Lemon, Dr Silver, Miss Peach, Col Mustard, Austin Eliab and Prof Plum uncovered new information.

I shudder to think what we're likely to be subjected to as a result of this party. I trust everyone will be able to escape the madness at some point for long enough to continue our investigations? Once again, please pose the same question to two players, not a pair of players previously questioned together today.

I shall find somewhere to hide out below stairs, and will see you again on Monday evening.

Deadline for this round is 1900 BST on Monday

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

I should like to arsk Ginger and Professor Plum what they know about the Hall, Colonel Mustard and the Revolver

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

"Bewegen nicht! Mr. Drab, you have revealed yourself at last!"

The loud shouting and Miss Scarlet's screams brought quite a crowd into the lounge; it wasn't every day a revolver-brandishing undercover German law officer decided to arrest everyone's least favorite party guest.

"Oberst "Senf" von Gatow and the BND have caught up with you at last, sir! Who has been spreading libels about our civil servants? You. Attempting to infiltrate our defense research agencies? Also you. Ham-fisted attempts at espionage and leaking sensitive documents? My colleagues at the BfV have quite a file on you. And, worst of all, trying to seduce the Chancellor? How Could You? Mr. Drab, the Federal Republic will be having several words with you once this present situation has calmed down."

"Excuse me. Is sir accusing the gentleman of the murder of Mr. Black?"

"No Gumble; such would be too honest for Mr. Drab. I will be questioning Ginger and Miss Peacock about Dr. Silver, though, regarding the Ballroom and my Revolver.

--------------------

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

Dr. Silver returns from a stroll in the garden with a disquieting question nagging at his awareness. He had tried to put it out of his mind, but he had learned in his training analysis that one must follow the stream of consciousness wherever it goes, and face what one finds there. He steeled himself as he encountered Ginger and Miss Peach.

"Er.... One hates to bring it up, but, um, the other night I had had a bit to drink--you might have noticed--and, well, the truth is my memory of the evening is a bit spotty to say the least. I was just wondering if either of you had noticed me wandering about the Hall with a revolver in my hand...."

--------------------
  - C. P. Snow

Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
Who has been spreading libels about our civil servants? You. Attempting to infiltrate our defense research agencies? Also you. Ham-fisted attempts at espionage and leaking sensitive documents? My colleagues at the BfV have quite a file on you. And, worst of all, trying to seduce the Chancellor?

Now you’re just making shit up. Tried to seduced the Chancellor did I? Fucking “tried”? Bollocks. Listen, Yoda, it’s “do” or “do not”. There is no “try”. And, trust me, Angie is definitely a “do”.

I’m not surprised she had her eye on the Professor’s plums, though. She does have quite a thing for scientists. And wears nothing but stockings and a white lab coat to bed. Not much to look at, I grant you, but seriously, when she’s done it feels like your old fella’s been put through a centrifuge. Christ, I swear that woman could spit out your DNA fingerprint...

[ 25. June 2011, 20:42: Message edited by: Eliab ]

--------------------

Richard Dawkins

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Alright, "Mr. Drab," from you quite enough we have been hearing. Yes, "Mr. Drab"—according to our records, you've more false identities than a fraternity house. Even we can't be knowing your real name, so the most recent one we'll just have to be using, yes?

That said, as a master of disguise and subterfuge myself, we do have to admire that whole Belgian operation—taking on that many identities was even better than your stint as a Semetic Egyptian trader.

But. Right here you will have to be staying. Keep your hands to yourself (the Chancellor's story differs quite markedly from yours, I'll let you know) and, for God's sake, don't let anyone with Miss Portia's friends catch you with! You're in quite enough trouble with several international agencies as it is, sir!

Now then—Mrs. White has sent me off to separate some vodka from local teenagers. I suppose that Lord Burgundy and Dr. Silver may have outdrunk enough of her medicinal gin cure any disease that they might suffer . . .

--------------------

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ginger, Conservatory, Spanner

Stand to bally reason, no?

And harumph to the whole silly bloody business, proles the lot of them. Not one of them ranking than a bloody Viscount.

Prfah!

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[OOC] sorry all, the last week has been an absolute doozey, and I've just not been able to check in. Hopefully, I'll be able to try & get my brain back into gear and catch up later, if one of you hasn't managed to solve it by then! [/OOC]
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would like to ask Rev Green and Lady Lemon about Mrs. Peacock with the spanner in the Lounge.

--------------------

Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
Ginger, Conservatory, Spanner

Stand to bally reason, no?

And harumph to the whole silly bloody business, proles the lot of them. Not one of them ranking than a bloody Viscount.

Prfah!

Was that an accusation, your Lordship? 'Cos if it's a question, I can't see who you're asking, since there's no bloody viscounts, barons, dukes, earls or any other titled buggers here, except yourself, and if you don't know whether you know about that lot, the rest of us can't help you.

If, it's an accusation, we should probably see if it's a good one before rushing to print and taking the credit.

--------------------

Richard Dawkins

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whoops no, I mean to ask Lady Lemon and Miss Peach! Too busy being in character to remember the rules [Roll Eyes] Oh well!

--------------------

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

Glad to have been of help, my Lord.
While we’re on the subject, I’ve been paying a fair bit of attention to the lovely Miss Peach myself. Lucky old Black, eh? Having her to warm his bed.

Of course, the randy old sod played away a lot, and women have a tendency to be possessive - you just look at how old Whitey bristles every time my hand brushes another bint’s tit. I reckon Peaches found him in the study, with Peacock’s or Melons’ lips firmly attached, Merkel-style, to his never-you-mind. She saw red, took the revolver from the desk drawer, shot him dead, and fled before the unfortunate fellatrix could even turn around to see who was there.

Well, Lord Burgundy? You think that’s plausible?

Ahhh, I see Miss Peach is earwigging us. Bad habit, JP. Not ladylike at all. I knew there was something about you that I liked. Well, come on then, love - is my little story true or not?

--------------------

Richard Dawkins

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Mrs White & Miss Scarlet, did you happen to see Captain Brown in the lounge with the lead piping?

--------------------

Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

Miss Amethyst asks Miss Scarlet and Mrs Peacock about Ginger, the kitchen and the candlestick.
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised to find that the building is still more or less intact after the weekend, although the enormous amount of mess, and especially the empty bottles (you know who you are!) are neither pleasant nor much of a surprise. So let's review the latest round of questions.

Mrs White asked Ginger and Plum about Mustard in the Hall with the Revolver

Col Mustard asked Ginger and Peacock about Silver in the Ballroom with the Revolver

Dr Silver asked Ginger and Peach about Silver in the Hall with the Revolver

Lord Burgundy (eventually) asked Lemon and Peach about Ginger in the Conservatory with the Spanner

Miss Peach asked Green and Lemon about Peacock in the Lounge with the Spanner

Austin Eliab asked Burgundy and Peach about Peach in the Study with the Revolver

Lady Lemon asked White and Scarlet about Brown in the Lounge with the Lead Piping

Miss Amethyst asked Scarlet and Peacock about Ginger in the Kitchen with the Candlestick

Mrs White, Col Mustard, Dr Silver, Miss Peach, Austin Eliab and Miss Amethyst discovered new information.

One more try at that, I think. Same question to two different people, making sure that those two haven't been questioned together so far today. As ever, 1900 BST.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Mrs White is wondering about Mrs Peacock. Maybe she's not really a lady after all - and even if she is... well, ladies aren't above murder. In fact, Mrs White wonders if anyone would really miss Austin Eliab were he to unfortunately meet with a nasty accident. But enough of this pleasant day-dreaming. ...

I shall tackle Mrs Peacock, directly, and Miss Amethyst too, about Peacock herself. Where? Well, I'm still not sure that someone didn't take liberties in my Kitchen. Weapon? Hmmmm,.... I think they're stronger than they look. Maybe the Axe. Yes, that'll do.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Lady Lemon is asking Ginger & Rev.Green about Captain Brown, in the dining room with the revolver.

--------------------

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

Dr. Silver sits back in the wingback chair in the lounge, sipping the 18 year old Dalmore reflectively.

Mrs. White is a fine cook, but that's no guarantee she's not a murderess as well. She might have her reasons--the bartender at the Duke of Denver's Arms did say that on the few occasions Mr. Black stopped by, he showed every sign of being a parsimonious chap. "Tight as a new nun" were his words...

He decides he must ask Miss Amethyst and Mrs. Peacock about Mrs. White in the Ballroom with the Candlestick.

--------------------
  - C. P. Snow

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

quote:
Originally posted by Timothy the Obscure:
Mrs. White is a fine cook, but that's no guarantee she's not a murderess as well. She might have her reasons--the bartender at the Duke of Denver's Arms did say that on the few occasions Mr. Black stopped by, he showed every sign of being a parsimonious chap. "Tight as a new nun" were his words...
He decides he must ask Miss Amethyst and Mrs. Peacock about ...

That bartender falls into the category of people who will say anything except their prayers. Though I never knew nuns - new or otherwise - were in the habit of getting drunk. [Biased]

I ain't takin' it personal, Dr. Silver, but I think you will find that I am already engaged to speak to Amethyst and Peacock today.

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
I ain't takin' it personal, Dr. Silver, but I think you will find that I am already engaged to speak to Amethyst and Peacock today.

Indeed. I'm sure we wouldn't want Miss Amethyst and Mrs Peacock to spend all day answering questions. Dr Silver, I wonder if I could introduce you to some of the other guests, who may be able to assist with your enquiries?

--------------------

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

Another dead end...

Perhaps have better luck tracking down that rotterAustin Eliab and that... whats-her-name... Peacock - about Gray, in the Conservatory, with the Blunderbuss.

Yes, a good manly weapon that one. What I've have chosen, haha.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

Did you enjoy your day off, Mrs. White? Don't worry, most of the mess has been cleaned up. I've billed Mrs. Black. Quite frankly it's the least she can do.

I'd like to know if you have any information on me (Peach), the dagger or the Hall.

Same questions to Lady Lemon.

--------------------

Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

I haven’t said much about young Miss Scarlet, either. She’s worth a thought, though. Indeed, she’s quite well stacked, and worth quite a lot of attention, in close-up and sharp focus.

Let’s see: she’s vain, manipulative and secretive. Carries an overly-butch handbag. Has paid very little attention to me. She’s clearly a lesbian.

I like it. Hot killer lesbians are never old news.

Why would she do in Black? She doesn’t share in the seething sexual jealousy that has gripped every other woman here. No, it must be more personal than that. Black would never have been her lover - he could never have attracted a man-hater like our Scarlet. But he was just about the right age to be ... her father.

That’s it! Scarlet is Black’s illegitimate daughter. He abandoned her and her mother without support, turned her mother’s friends and family against them, and then, when the poor ruined single parent finally succumbed to poverty, or insanity, or suicide, or some such newsworthy fate, little Miss S was left all alone in the world with nothing but her looks, a fanatical hatred of males, and a thirst for revenge.

That dyke-bag of Scarlet’s is looking a lot lighter than it did when she arrived. I reckon there was a hollowed-out book in there, just big enough to contain a revolver. If I could ask Rev Green and Mr Grey to retrieve it from it’s hiding place in the library, and let me know if there’s any part of this story that they can disprove.

--------------------

Richard Dawkins

Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

White and Plum about me (Amethyst), the study and the revolver! Whew!
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Mrs White asked Peacock and Amethyst about Peacock in the Kitchen with the Axe

Lady Lemon asked Ginger and Green about Brown in the Dining Room with the Revolver

Dr Silver rather unfortunately attempted to intrude on Mrs White's conversation, and never took up my suggestion of introducing himself to some other guests. Sadly, I must take it that he has no questions today.

Lord Burgundy asked Eliab and Peacock about Grey in the Conservatory with the Blunderbuss

Miss Peach asked White and Lemon about Peach in the Hall with the Dagger

Austin Eliab asked Green and Grey about Scarlet in the Library with the Revolver

Miss Amethyst asked White and Plum about Amethyst in the Study with the Revolver

Mrs White, Austin Eliab and Miss Amethyst discovered new information.

Today, we shall have a slight variation. You may still question two people, and you are still forbidden to question a pair who have already been questioned together that day, but you may ask each person you question about a different combination of murderer, room and weapon if you wish.

Deadline of 1900 BST.

--------------------

Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

I love a lesbian murderess. There’s something that’s just so thrilling about a female of wild and unnatural instincts being incarcerated. If she’s ugly, we do a big close-up of her face, looking sour, for the readers to gloat over, and if she’s fit, it’s even better, with a full figure shot, lots of leg and cleavage, all hand-cuffed and tearful. Bloody marvellous it is.

My lucky day, then.

ACCUSATION

I accuse Miss Scarlet of killing Mr Black by striking him with a candlestick in the hall.

Motive? Hell, let’s run the paedophile angle. Not straight-off, mind. Well start with the police ‘baffled’, unprovoked attack, meaningless crime, terrible tragedy. Use the Black kids, of course. No more than a week, though - they’re wealthy, so will never really engage any lasting public sympathy. Then we break the story of the paedo-ring, with just a hint that Scarlet might have known about it. Then let’s discover some intimate revelations from old girlfriends...

This one could run for weeks.

--------------------

Richard Dawkins

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

quote:
Originally posted by Eliab:
ACCUSATION

I accuse Miss Scarlet of killing Mr Black by striking him with a candlestick in the hall.

*ahem* I do beg your pardon, Mr Eliab, but it appears you are incorrect. I have reviewed the questioning, and I fear the fault lies entirely with me. It appears that I erroneously listed the successful questioners back here. Miss Amethyst should also have been successful on that occasion, but I'm afraid I have no recollection of whether I informed her of this fact. I shall speak to the police, explain the situation and ensure that they feel no need to detain you for wasting their time.

Seriously, I'm very, very sorry about screwing this up. I've been double-checking everything but it seems that I missed one somehow. If I need to send the information from the "missed" successful question, please let me know, AA, either here or by PM. It's not ideal, and I'd fully understand if anyone wants to drop out, but I hope we can still play the game out to a close with this one correction. Sorry again. [Waterworks]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Lady Lemon looked sour. "Mr.Drab is so very eager to point the finger. It does make one even more suspicious of him. So, what does Austin Eliab really know about Miss Scarlet, the hall and the candlestick?.

And Miss Amethyst, what do you have to say about Lord Burgundy, in the dining room, with the lead piping?"

--------------------

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

Damn real life, it does intrude so... My apologies, Mrs. White.

But it being a new day: Miss Amethyst, what can you tell me about Mrs. White in the Ballroom with the Candlestick?

And Mrs. Peacock--what do you know about Mrs. White in the Hall with the Lead Pipe?

--------------------
  - C. P. Snow

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Colonel Mustard crutched his way over to the leather sofa and plopped down. It'd been an interesting several hours, both for him and the hospital staff; evidently, German intelligence officers with short-term memory loss/post-concussive confusion/assumed identities aren't exactly a casualty ward intake secretary's cup of tea. Nobody was exactly sure what name he'd been given in the ER, which was probably for the best—"Herr Goebels" was exactly the kind of thing an annoyed and frustrated staffer might put down on an official record, though "Errol Flynn" was just as likely.

At any rate, once the concussion wore off and the swollen ankle had been very securely splinted, the colonel was released back to Shipton Manor, arriving just in time for the end of the barbecue. No injured ex-pirate should ever have to miss a chance for delicious slabs of roasted meat, right? Let others keep their fish fingers—barbecue and milk custard were just the thing.

Now then. Mr. Drab has hasty accusations been making; according to him, everything he knew. He was wrong, and, on at least one count, why is something I could tell. But I won't. What? It isn't as if it is not obvious at this point? Out with the handcuffs, goodbye to the scandelmonger, on with the party! With the questioning the more cautious of us will be continuing.

Professor Plum: about what do you know of Amethyst, Hall, and Blunderbuss? Oh, and Miss Amethyst: a word about Dr. Brown, the Ballroom, and a dagger would I like to have.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

I should also like to ask Miss Amethyst about Miss Peach and the candlestick in the Hall.

And Miss Scarlet I should like to ask you about Ginger, the candlestick and the Hall.

If you arsk me, I reckon Miss Peach is Miss Amethyst's love child and Peachie and Ginger are feigning a complete lack of interest in each other to cover their relationship - though whether they are lovers or long-lost brother and sister, I couldn't say. But I doubt if Black was the father. I'm still workin' on the motive.

P.S. Mr Gumble - these things 'appen in the best-run 'ouseolds, as they say. And this is a best-run 'ouse'old, thanks to you. Though, 'avin' said that,... maybe a little less port of an evenin'? [Biased]

Just as long as you're not the real murderer and leadin' us all a merry dance.

[ 29. June 2011, 07:15: Message edited by: QLib ]

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
P.S. Mr Gumble - these things 'appen in the best-run 'ouseolds, as they say. And this is a best-run 'ouse'old, thanks to you. Though, 'avin' said that,... maybe a little less port of an evenin'? [Biased]

Just as long as you're not the real murderer and leadin' us all a merry dance.

Would that I were, Mrs White. That at least would preserve my dignity, and ensure that I received the punishment due for my sins.

Nor can I blame the demon drink - keeping the house running in these circumstances, especially with the children around, appears to have been sufficient distraction. It is a most terrible imposition, but as we must now be seeking new employment, I wonder if I might ask you to keep this little transgression between us? A butler may occasionally gain employment without a reference, even if his previous employer was murdered, but to employ a butler who was known to have committed an administrative error would be unthinkable.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016