homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » HEAVEN: Through the Lens (Page 12)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: HEAVEN: Through the Lens
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ooo, I got a DSLR for Christmas. Or bought it for myself in late December, if truth be known.

I've been doing some food shots for my blog, and here's the first I took with the new gear - very pleased with it!

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Curly:
Ooo, I got a DSLR for Christmas. Or bought it for myself in late December, if truth be known.

I've been doing some food shots for my blog, and here's the first I took with the new gear - very pleased with it!

mr curly

Interesting picture and recipe on the blog. Not for me. If really, really pressed, I would eat a mince pie but wouldn't choose it for myself. I'l suggest it to DIL's mum who apparently makes a rum icecream with mince which will put you over the limit with a fairly ordinary sized serve.

I've been enjoying the learning curve with the D3100 once I passed the frustrated stage of trying things and have them work or no and not being able to pinpoint reason either way. When I felt comfortable with the 18-55 mm lens which friend gave me when I bought the body, I bought a larger one, 18-270mm and have enjoyed playing with that.

What did you buy or rather what were you given?

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:

A friend works for Canon, and they had a great deal on the 600D, so that tipped me over in terms of actually getting it.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Curly:
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:

A friend works for Canon, and they had a great deal on the 600D, so that tipped me over in terms of actually getting it.

mr curly

Sounds like a great gift!
[Biased]

Are you up to Project 365 ? I found it a good way to learn.

[ 30. December 2011, 23:53: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hosting

It's mid evening New Year's Eve in the easternmost nations (now including Samoa) so one of us may wind this up in the next few hours, and kick off a new thread.

Keep on clickin', though.

Oh, and Happy New Year.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In the absence of an obvious new thread, here is my completed 365. There is one photo missing (I had 2nd thoughts about one, but hadn't taken any other that day), and there were 3 days where I forgot and took 2 photos the next day to make up. I'm rather chuffed with myself [Smile]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congrats, JtL!
Among my favourites are the Fallkirk wheel and the RMS Discovery.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well done for making it - are you going to join 365 this year?

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another 365 deserves a new thread.

Firenze
Heaven Host

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016