homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » HEAVEN: Through the Lens (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: HEAVEN: Through the Lens
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, if you only need one photo to enter - but I think the tag is "theme-travel".

I went for a lunchtime walk about 4 weeks ago thinking I wouldn't bother taking the camera and came face to face with a deer, which walked along the path parallel to me in the undergrowth before stopping at the end of it to turn and look at me. Both of us just stared at each other with interest and uncertainty before she turned and ran off. The perfect photo-opp if only I'd had a camera on me. I know they're around, but you never normally see them.

I have seen foxes at lunchtime too but they were gone so quickly that even though I had a camera there wasn't time to get their pic.

[ 12. May 2011, 11:27: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The fox last night was very interested in the dog behind me and was posing beautifully, and really close.

Welease Woderick - I misinformed you, sorry - Ariel's right - it's theme-travel

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No problem, CK.

I am now on my third camera of the week - Nephew Person has borrowed the Polaroid compact for a day or two so I'm now using the old Canon A400 compact that he normally uses. It's lousy in poor light but otherwise quite up to the job. The principles are the same anyway and as I usually post something around 1200 x 900 to save electrons I'll still have to resize before posting.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I see this week's theme is fruit - a bit early in the season in this part of the world, but it might just be do-able. Wod, here's your chance - you could get some tropical fruit in (tagged theme-fruit).

Now, some time this week I just need to get a real-life shot of a brightly-coloured parrot or a rainbow macaw eating a fruit with contrasting colours and an interesting texture and I am in...

[ 16. May 2011, 18:20: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That theme is so not going to work with the trip to Duxford I was on today ... photos will follow when I get back from tonight's meeting.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How long should a camera battery last before it runs out?

I have had nothing but trouble with the batteries for my Olympus FE290 compact camera. I get about 50 photos from one fully-charged battery, and about 10 from the other.

Have just ordered a replacement Olympus-branded battery...but am wondering if I should just give up and buy a new camera...

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Should last well longer. Was this always the case, or has the performance degraded over time? If it has always been the case, I would change brands, if has happened of the course of a year, this is not unusual.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by St Everild:
How long should a camera battery last before it runs out?

Are you using the flash or taking video shots at all? That will use it up more quickly.
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Also it depends if you are using disposable or reusable batteries. The reusable ones (particularly if they are old) do degenerate over time and don't last so well.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to DP: I realise that my last post wasn't so clear. Reusable batteries are still better value overall; they just degenerate over time and become less efficient and need recharging more often. I had some batteries which lasted me a good few years with my old camera, I'm a real shutterbug but I could still get a couple of days or more out of the batteries using the camera constantly (could be a couple of hundred pictures if I was on holiday). However by the time the camera died the battery performance was considerably worse; I tried the batteries in other appliances and they didn't do well there either so I do think it was battery degeneration rather than the camera.

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All batteries lose longevity over time.

More about batteries than you ever wished to know. Though you needn't read all of it.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
NiMH batteries do better than NiCads but only marginally. I tend to use Alkaline, hugely environmentally unfriendly but more reliable. My Polaroid compact still eats batteries which is why I might buy a replacement today, something pocket sized and using SD cards - there is a lovely little Olympus that is reasonably priced but I don't want to be buying other designs of card, XD in this case, as we already have quite a stock of SD cards.

The instruction booklet for my Fuji talks about the camera having a discharge circuit for NiMH batteries so they can be fully discharged as they then charge better, apparently.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I prefer lithium batteries. Lighter, no need to drain completely before recharging. Unfortunately, not an option for my DSLR.

WW, not saying anything bad about other brands, but I have had good luck with Canon. The Powershot G12 and S95 have a slightly larger sensor than most pocket cameras. I currently use the G12, it is a bit large though.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a Fujifilm Finepix F30 point 'n shoot and the supplied LIon battery is amazing; even after nearly three years of heavy use, I only need to recharge the battery after taking approx 300 photos. [Overused]
Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry, missed the edit window...the rechargeable battery is an NP - 95

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you - most enlightening.

I have posted my latest set of pictures to my Facebook page, and ordered a replacement battery. It is an Olympus Lithium Ion one, the same as the original one in the camera. We'll see how I get on with that one.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I looked at an Olympus, now using SD card but it didn't feel too good in my hand. I like Canon as well but in the end I was more impressed by the Nikon L23 that I got for a pretty good price, complete with card and NiMH batteries and charger. It is easy to just slip into a pocket - very compact.

[spelling, again [Hot and Hormonal] ]

[ 17. May 2011, 07:40: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

If this new battery isn't up to the mark I shall be changing my camera too...and will be very carefully reading to see who recommends what in the compact camera range (I keep it in my handbag at all times...you never know when you might see something worth photographing!
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Here is a mini-tutorial for taking landscape photos.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

badger@thesett
Shipmate
# 16422

- Posted      Profile for badger@thesett   Email badger@thesett   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
interested in the 365 photo thing, hadn't heard about it before, are those who started on it sticking with it, are they finding it a drag or enjoyable, should I do it... I have agoraphobia so don't ever go out so would be what I see in the flat or out the windows so not likely to be a great variety

--------------------
handle with care, can explode without apparent reason

Posts: 319 | From: Hull | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I am finding it enjoyable, but challenging. Forcing myself to take a photo everyday* pushed me out of my comfort zones. Hopefully this will improve my skills.

*Well, almost every day.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I think you can create the variety by using different angles and approaches.

I am enjoying the 365 and hope to stick with it as I think I will learn from it, indeed I am learning from it. I agree that it is a pain, at times, to think "I've got to take photo that is presentable!" when it is evening already and the light is fading and you've run out of ideas - but then I always was a deadliner so, in a sense, nothing new there.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by badger@thesett:
interested in the 365 photo thing, hadn't heard about it before, are those who started on it sticking with it, are they finding it a drag or enjoyable, should I do it... I have agoraphobia so don't ever go out so would be what I see in the flat or out the windows so not likely to be a great variety

Loving it so far. I've already learnt more about my DSLR and been pushed to explore its potential. You look at the world around you in a new way - you notice more. This is true even of indoor life. Getting the settings right to take shots indoors and make the lighting natural, or get the shadow effects you want, has proved a quite interesting challenge so far.

I've found that although I generally have an idea of where I'm going to go during my spare time on any one day and what I'm going to try to look for, half the time I seem to end up with photos I never would have thought of taking, which is another enjoyable aspect of it.

It's also interesting seeing what others are coming up with and their approaches to the project. The day-to-day life, the travelogues, the art shots, even the "365 self portraits"; it's all different ways of looking at the world.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

I'm enjoying it too. It's meant that I am getting out and about for a wander most days when I wouldn't normally have done so.

There are lots of different ways of finding subjects. If you look on New Faces, there are a number of people taking photographs of everyday objects from interesting angles, or bubbles, or paintings. Others on the site are taking a month's worth of self-portraits. The theme this week is fruit, and a lot of photographs are of bubbles or drips, none of which need you to go outside and take photographs. My recent picture that made new faces was the spider in the bath on Sunday morning.

There's an alphabet challenge that I'm sort of playing, but that's only because I found an entertaining jet stream picture for last week's travel theme and I've found things that would fit it. (I had an idea of E is for Evening Light last night, but left it too late - per lilBuddha's article - not enough light for landscape).

--------------------

badger@thesett
Shipmate
# 16422

- Posted      Profile for badger@thesett   Email badger@thesett   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank You to those who have let me know how you are doing. I will be having a go as soon as I am able to register and set myself up to start as you have inspired me to have a go. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Brilliant! Do let us know when you're on and we'll come and look at your pics.
badger@thesett
Shipmate
# 16422

thank you, it may take me a little time, I have to be having a good day to start anything new but this will encourage me to start

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can someone tell me how to get an *avatar* photo onto my profile? Can't see any edit function. Thanks.

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
scrub that - technodummy has found it! [Big Grin]

ETA: but thanks, Ariel [Smile]

[ 21. May 2011, 17:10: Message edited by: Jahlove ]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

It's under You -> Your Settings -> Picture.
nomadicgrl
Shipmate
# 7623

- Posted      Profile for nomadicgrl   Email nomadicgrl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oooooooh! I can't believe I didn't see this sooner. I love photography. It is probably my favourite art form to view and definitely my favourite to participate in. I can't wait to see everyone's work!

My skill level currently isn't much more than snapshot, but I've recently got a few good books and plan to do a "teach yourself" unit. I was actually doing a 365 focussing on my son's second year , but have slacked off the last month - not sure why that happened. This will be great motivation to help me get going again. To really connect with my passion and to start taking learning the skills seriously. I think I'll do 2 projects at once, (they may sometimes overlap) - the one concentrating on my son and a more general one for the project site.

Last year I did a "52" project making sure I took at least one photo a week (again starring my son in his first year). I missed a couple of weeks here and there, some weeks I just got one and most weeks I took many. I did find the discipline of doing it on a regular basis, rather than just when inspiration hit, really helped me learn.

Since I can't help thinking my son is super cute (no matter the quality of the photo) and I also won't be likely to set up my 365 site for a couple of days, here are some, that I put up for family, from the second half of the afore mentioned 52 project

Thanks for starting this Welease! I'm really looking forward to following everyone's photos and talking about photography on the ship! Sorry for the uber-length of this post, just quite chuffed!

--------------------
The care of another,even material, bodily care is spiritual in essence. Bread for myself is a material question; bread for my neighbor is a spiritual one.- Jacques Maritain

Posts: 437 | From: Living in the land of Anne (with an e) | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have my very own pet photographer. Mr C has taken up photography as a serious hobby, with mutterings about retiring from what he's doing once we pay off the mortgage and setting up in business. At the moment he's well into portrait photography, which is handy for my Facebook pictures and was good for my brother and sister-in-law when they got hitched.

I'd like some hints on how to inspire him without making any more work for myself; currently he's the fussiest dressmaking client I've ever had, and he often only wants to use what I make once!

Cattyish, wearing my fingers to the bone.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

I've loved doing the 365 project this year and will definitely try to see the year through (note to self: you still need to take a pic today). I'd like to do something next year but the constant 365 thing might be a bit much. I like the idea of a 52 project nomadicgrl, and may well do something like that instead. I'm thinking of getting an account with blipfoto for that - you can only post a maximum of 1 picture a day, but with the 365 that would be a bit stressful if you are on holiday and don't have internet access. With a 52 project that would be a bit less stressful, and it would be easy to catch up. I think I also like the challenge of finding a picture to sum up the week (particularly if it was a holiday week), which I suspect will be different from finding a picture to sum up the day.

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Some lovely photos there, nomadicgrl.

[ 25. May 2011, 02:20: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Anyone else having trouble uploading photos today? I've tried several times and it just won't take one.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I eventually managed it with their Basic Uploader but no idea why the other one didn't work.

--------------------

nomadicgrl
Shipmate
# 7623

- Posted      Profile for nomadicgrl   Email nomadicgrl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, I've signed up and added everyone I can find from this thread (couldn't find you Jack the Lass) to follow. I've really enjoyed looking at your photos!
I've uploaded some from my last month, (which is sparse as I've had a dry spell of taking photos in the last while) and have some more on the camera that need to go on for the last couple of days. My profile, if anyway would like to take a look is, here.
I look forward to seeing everyone's projects grow.

What have people here found to be the most effective way of improving your photography? Any good recommendations of books, websites, projects?

--------------------
The care of another,even material, bodily care is spiritual in essence. Bread for myself is a material question; bread for my neighbor is a spiritual one.- Jacques Maritain

Posts: 437 | From: Living in the land of Anne (with an e) | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thanks nomadicgirl, I'm now following you, too.

I think I've learnt a lot recently from just looking at other people's shots and thinking about the process of achieving something similar.

That and remembering the classical thirds and not centering everything - a couple of my cameras have the thirds gridlines available and that helps a lot in getting more interesting compositions - although it is useful to completely ignore the rules at times, too.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I think I've learnt a lot recently from just looking at other people's shots and thinking about the process of achieving something similar.

Yes. Some of the approaches taken by others have given a lot of food for thought - subjects as much as techniques, compositions, lightings - things to try out as the year progresses.

I've found that I notice things more and find myself taking photos that wouldn't normally have occurred to me but which suddenly seem to present themselves. It's a voyage of discovery of the world and one that's hugely enjoyable.

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

Nomadicgrl, your wee boy is very cute!

I don't have a project365 profile, as I'm already putting my photos in three places (blog, facebook and flickr so thought a fourth would be a bit excessive!

A few years back I discovered the City Daily Photo Blogs community and for a couple of years did a blog from here (Glasgow Daily Photo), although I've let it slip somewhat. I found that a great way of (re)discovering where I live, and learnt loads from looking at other people's photos from round the world. They do a monthly theme on the first day of the month, and it's always fascinating to see such different takes on the same theme.

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm finding this tougher than I thought. There are days when its quite easy and is a kind of blog in pictures, but when it's blowing a gale and when there is torrential rain it gets a little hard

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Ah, but you've had rain! We have had the odd smattering, barring one day. L was going to be for lavender, lime leaves and flowers and lady's mantle - all of which were dripping and moving.

I find it hardest when I'm taking photos for something else of things I'm not putting on the Internet - students when I'm teaching, for example - and then have to think of something different for 365. And also having had an idea that amused me, then not managing to follow it through. I was also going to be for Iron Age Fort. Depending on the weather and if this damn cough goes enough, it might feature as P is for pre-historic site.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm finding it quite easy when we have a guest so we are actually going out but guest leaves Tuesday morning and now the monsoon has arrived it may be more difficult to motivate myself but I have a few ideas for collages that I may develop on the really wet days. Otherwise I might try photographing things through the rain.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by fletcher christian:
I'm finding this tougher than I thought. There are days when its quite easy and is a kind of blog in pictures, but when it's blowing a gale and when there is torrential rain it gets a little hard

Indoor pictures may be the answer at such times, though how I'll cope when it's winter and there are days and nights of unphotogenic weather, I don't know. I suspect my inner commuter may come out, and there will be photos of train stations at night.

At present I'm trying to decide between a Dalek, Ann Widdecombe's costume from "Strictly", a boat named Ariel and two interesting reflections. It's not often you get faced with choices like this.

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

Yesterday I got to the end of the day and was going to bed without taking a picture. I ended up snapping the bed, as I was too tired to think of anything more inspirational!

Usually on days where I'm feeling uninspired I find a household object or picture or somesuch and try taking an interesting picture of that. Sometimes it works better than others, but it can help for the less inspirational days. I find it harder though when I'm having an interesting day (on holiday for example) and taking tons of pictures to just choose one to represent the day.

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Drat, as my mother would have said, or something stronger. I looked out of my window early this morning and saw two birds huddled together under one of the strong high lights outside. Rain was bucketing down but they were warm and mostly dry. Grabbed the camera, and nothing happened. Checked I'd removed lens cover. Still nothing. Flat battery.

Moral of the story: be prepared and make sure battery is charged. Otherwise a good opportunity may be missed.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by nomadicgrl:
Any good recommendations of books, websites, projects?

Take lots of photos. No, I am serious. I took a trip with a film camera, my first SLR. My photos were better at the end than the beginning, even though I had not seen a one of them.
Examine photos you like. Try to replicate them, or the look. Take your camera to one spot. Shoot the h#!! out of it. Different angles, different lenses/zoom lengths.
Not sure why you feel you need help. Your photos are quite nice. The photo of your wee one with the radio flyer is absolutely perfect and beautiful.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

So, I created a monster, if a tiny one. I took my dslr with a large lens on an outing with my nephew and my pocket camera as a backup.
He asked to shoot a photo, he could barely hold it correctly, he is just nine. I let him use the pocket camera. He never put it down, questioned incessantly, asked advice, demanded critiques and accepted the critiques with aplomb.*
He subsequently decided to forgo playing with friends in order to take photos. On the half-hour drive to out destination, He did not play his hand-held game, he did not talk, he studied the camera.
What have I done?

*I was gentle. I've not wish to discourage him.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had no problems uploading yesterday, although I see others did. I must have gloated too soon. I can't load anything today, even with the basic uploader. Will try it again after lunch.

lilbuddha: I let my grandson, then 5, use my camera when we were at a market day which was held in a local church yard with old graveyard. I insisted he keep strap around his neck but otherwise he was free to do whatever he wanted. I think it was a Canon Coolpix, my first digital.

He took some amazing shots. Up through gum tree branches to hot, blue Sydney Summer sky. Tumbled gravestones. One taken looking into a gap between stones in a stone wall. Pretty well everyone was great bar the self portrait of inside of his nostril.

[ 31. May 2011, 02:13: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Finally, after about 20 attempts, today's picture uploaded as if there had never been a problem.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016