homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: The Ecclesiantics Altimeter (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: The Ecclesiantics Altimeter
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

- Posted      Profile for Beeswax Altar   Email Beeswax Altar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds fairly Anglo-Catholic to me. What about Benediction or Marian devotions?

--------------------
Losing sleep is something you want to avoid, if possible.
-Og: King of Bashan

Posts: 8411 | From: By a large lake | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
I am trying to work out where my "funny farm" - erm - parish - is on the Altimeter.

You know, I have to concur with Think here. YOU started this wretched thread two years ago, and here you give us a blow-by-blow account of just what you do. Short of when you scratch your bum, I don't think you've left any detail undescribed. And your obsession with lists of times of services makes you the closest thing to an Ecclesiastical Bradshaw's that I have yet encountered.

So I was bewildered when you resurrected this thread to tell us all the same stuff again as if you had had no hand in the origins of this thread.

Odd. Very, very, very odd.

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fr Weber
Shipmate
# 13472

- Posted      Profile for Fr Weber   Email Fr Weber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beeswax Altar:
Sounds fairly Anglo-Catholic to me. What about Benediction or Marian devotions?

Not at my current parish, at least not yet (other parishes in my jurisdiction do those things, though). We're a mix of A-Cs, converts from evangelical & reformed churches, and old-style Morning Prayer Episcopalians, so a balance of sorts needs to be struck to prevent the Romaphobic from fleeing in terror. In a few years, we'll probably be at the point that we can have Solemn Evensong with Benediction on Sundays and recite the Angelus after Mass, but right now it might be one straw too many.

--------------------
"The Eucharist is not a play, and you're not Jesus."

--Sr Theresa Koernke, IHM

Posts: 2512 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Tiara:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
I am trying to work out where my "funny farm" - erm - parish - is on the Altimeter.

You know, I have to concur with Think here. YOU started this wretched thread two years ago, and here you give us a blow-by-blow account of just what you do. Short of when you scratch your bum, I don't think you've left any detail undescribed. And your obsession with lists of times of services makes you the closest thing to an Ecclesiastical Bradshaw's that I have yet encountered.

So I was bewildered when you resurrected this thread to tell us all the same stuff again as if you had had no hand in the origins of this thread.

Odd. Very, very, very odd.

Triple Tiara - please be careful to avoid personal attacks here. (I sincerely hope that posting in Eccles is never like scratching ones bum, but there we go!)

dj_ordinaire, Eccles host

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
bump

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016