homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: The Elegance of Language (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: The Elegance of Language
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Dewy had writted "first things first")

Sequential priority should be incorporated into any rendering of actions.

There oughta be a law against that!

[ 27. November 2011, 17:33: Message edited by: Stetson ]

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Legislators should draft and enact a formal ban on that.

Occupy Wall Street.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The street that serves as the symbol, and to some extent actual headquarters, of global capitalism should be placed under the jurisdiction of an external power.

Outta my way!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would you please be so kind as to not impede my continued progress?

George - don't do that.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:

George - don't do that.

George, I would be much obliged if you would kindly refrain from the activity in which you are currently engaged and instead find one which meets commonly accepted standards of behaviour.

Do not feed the troll

[ 29. November 2011, 13:38: Message edited by: Stejjie ]

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

- Posted      Profile for Pax Romana   Email Pax Romana   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This internet forum community would be greatly obliged if you would refrain from posting any answers in response to the inflammatory statements that have been posted by the forum ass, who derives pleasure from the stirring up of negative emotions.

Beware of the dog!

Pax Romana

--------------------
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.
James Thurber

Posts: 4598 | From: New York City | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please ensure your safety whilst around the canine.

One way street

--------------------
I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am going

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

It is unlawful to transport your vehicle down this urban thoroughfare in a direction other than the one in which you are currently going.

Boooring!!

(as shouted by a bored attendee at a show or lecture)

[ 29. November 2011, 19:46: Message edited by: Stetson ]

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You are not at present engaging my attention.

I'll be back.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I likely shall be returning to this location.

Cover your mouth when coughing!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please place a barrier such as a hand or handkerchief over your mouth as you suddenly expel air, spittle, and a hacking sound.

RSVP

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We would be most gratified if you could respond to this invitation, positively or negatively, in a prompt manner.

(French optional...).

Go to sleep!

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is important to engage in nocturnal restfulness at this point in time.

Coffee with 2 sugars please

--------------------

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kindly ruin my health with over-sweetening.

Keep off the Grass

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Please avoid physical contact with the decorative vegetation covering the front yard.

Speed kills

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
An excess of velocity is liable to result in an untimely and early demise, and termination of the current vital state.

With regret, your fired

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

- Posted      Profile for Pax Romana   Email Pax Romana   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Although, for form's sake, we will at least pretend to be sorry about this, we are informing you that we will no longer be paying you for whatever you have been doing here. We would appreciate it if you would remove all personal belongings from your desk and exit the premises.

Stop hitting your little brother!

Pax Romana

--------------------
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.
James Thurber

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cease and desist striking your small sniffling sibling, since your sister seems to sense she should also slam the little shit.

Time to change the kitti litter.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

The malodorous emanations from the feline waste receptacle compel a removal and replenishment of its primary receptive substance.

Can I get an "Amen" here!

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

May we close this prayer and end this preaching?

Wise up!

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Acquaint yourself more intimately with the relevant facts of the situation.

We're here, we're queer, get used to it

--------------------

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

As we are in this place, and proud to be LGBT, you had better get used to it.

Vegetarian option available

(Sorry, I am cooking dinner right now so food is what is on my mind [Devil] )

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

An alternative dish may be requested by those who, for whatever reason, do not wish to partake of those items from the menu which contain meat products.

Don't stop me now!

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Refrain from effecting a cessation of my current course of action.

Party till you drop

Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

Go to a location where people are indulging in copious amounts of food and alcoholic beverages and moving about rhythmically while listening to music. Join them in the above activities and continue until you lose consciousness.

Don't play with matches!

Pax Romana

--------------------
James Thurber

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Combustible sulphur-ended sticks are not intended for recreational purposes.

Make love, not war.

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Copulation is to be preferred to armed aggression

Too many cooks spoil the broth

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
An excess of preperation agent has a tendency to cause undesirable effects on the stew being generated.

Klaatu barada nikto

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

Please bring your dead alien friend back to life and refrain from destroying the planet known as Earth.

Please speak clearly.

Pax Romana

--------------------
James Thurber

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please enunciate with well-formed embouchure, using received pronunciation, correct BBC speech and the Queen's English.

Fear Not

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Elimimate trepidation from your emotional repertoire.

No Irish need apply

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

Those living in the green and pleasent land of Ireland should not consider applying for the post in question.

Service at 10:30am

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Church is when?
Half past ten.

AM/PM?
Carpe Diem.

My way or the highway

[ 12. December 2011, 12:44: Message edited by: Stetson ]

Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

Please do everything as I have instructed or be kind enough to leave my presence. In addition, please do not attempt to influence anyone else not to follow my instructions or there will be undesirable consequences.

Shut up and go to bed!

Pax Romana

--------------------
James Thurber

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Pipe down and sleep!

No spitting

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Expectoration is disallowed

This is none of your business. Go away.

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

Our conversation is not intended to fall upon your ears, so please vacate the area in which you are currently standing.

Caution, ice on the road

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Don't be foolish enough to drive here at this time of year.

Curves Ahead

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Dolly Parton in the building.

Your buisness is important to us

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

We are highly motivated by the prospect of pecunary transfer from you to us.

Mission accomplised.

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

We have achieved that which we set out to achieve.
(Unless spoken from an aircraft carrier. In May 2003. By a US President. Allegedly.)

Keeeeeeep Dancing!

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Continue your activity taking predefined steps around a floor, holding your body in similarly predefined ways. Repeat until Christmas. If you are lucky Daaaahling.

we don't do gimmicks

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Ostentatiously clever stunts calculated to garner public interest are excluded from our behavioural range.

Go ahead, make my day.

Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

If you attempt what I think you are about to attempt I will react in a rather violent way and will take great enjoyment in doing so.

Don't even think about it!

Pax Romana

--------------------
James Thurber

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

Please detract your mind from focussing on this action.

Closed due to adverse weather conditions

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This location is closed to the general public due to inclement meteorlogical occurences.

Away in a manger

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

(Going with the popular definition of "manger", which wikipedia tells me is incorrect...)

At some distance from our present location, and situated in a residential structure for farm and/or herd animals.

Hark! The herald angels sing

--------------------

Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Attention! Heavenly winged messengers will now vocalize melodically.

Mind the gap.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Be very offended that a shop selling fashion items is opening up in this vicinity - in fact right at your very feet.

54321 Blast Off!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Senses. Corners of the world. Little Pigs. Ronnies. Singular sensation. Initiate a propulsed trajectory towards the firmament.

I can outdrink any man in the house!!

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016