homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Use that phrase (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Use that phrase
Pre-cambrian
Shipmate
# 2055

- Posted      Profile for Pre-cambrian   Email Pre-cambrian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fred liked to discuss his finances but kept forgetting which words he should use so as an amnesiac solubility was what he tended to say rather than solvency.

infinite mumps

--------------------
"We cannot leave the appointment of Bishops to the Holy Ghost, because no one is confident that the Holy Ghost would understand what makes a good Church of England bishop."

Posts: 2314 | From: Croydon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"I'll try to remember to be good," the boy said, "but what if I forget and won't let the doctor give me my shots; will you still tell the doctor to give me infinite mumps?"

undulating chitin

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sometimes I feel like such an undulating chitin.

Spaghetti jest

--------------------
I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am going

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(you feel like a wiggly bit of bug exoskeleton?)

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Most people are not aware that an integral part of the Flying Monster penitential liturgy is the Litany of the Spaghetti Jest.

Picasso pickax

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Always happy to accept assistance from his fellow Spanish Communists, Ramon Mercader took out Leon Trotky with a cubist-style Picasso pickax.

Christocentric ballerinas

[ 02. September 2011, 21:26: Message edited by: Stetson ]

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What I know about interpretative dance could go on the back of an anorexic postage stamp, but I suspect it's best left to Christocentric ballerinas.

Neolithic estate agents

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the neolithic estate, agents pointed out the property's millennial soundness, total greeness, and how recent trends had definitely turned to the "distressed" look.

bowling for weasels

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Herrick
Shipmate
# 15226

- Posted      Profile for Herrick   Email Herrick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apparently Shane Warne has written an autobiographical book on his craft, it is called Bowling for Weasels.

disobedient house-elf

--------------------
A careless shoestring in whose tie
I see a wild civility

Posts: 1194 | From: NSW | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Harry Potter was annoyed with the disobedient house-elf.

Forever motivation

--------------------

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Those "inspirational" speeches seemed to go on forever; motivation like that just doesn't work on me.

Pixillated squirrels

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, the joys of being a grandparent - if only their favourite movie did NOT involve pixilated squirrels and chipmunks that have inhaled too much helium.

cuddly sharpshooters

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Come and play Teddy Wars! Where cuddly sharpshooters vie with each other to take over the woods today, and turn them into one enormous, chequered cloth-covered picnic site!

supercilious barnacles

[ 04. September 2011, 15:39: Message edited by: Chorister ]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

He looked over the courtiers and shook his head; "What a bunch of supercilious barnacles who couldn't do a useful thing to save their lives!"

incorruptible grittiness

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After his years working the docks in Livepool and delivering coal to Newcastle he had developed an incorruptible grittiness that no amount of time in southern climes seemed to reduce.

trumpet grind

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Trumpet grind is not a good setting for making coffee.

funicular ferrets

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

While ascending the Bergen Fløybanen funicular, ferrets were the last thing I expected to see.

fundamental Rotarian

--------------------

Herrick
Shipmate
# 15226

- Posted      Profile for Herrick   Email Herrick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My father was not a fundamental Rotarian, he was a smells and bells Rotarian.

glutinous gas

--------------------
I see a wild civility

Pre-cambrian
Shipmate
# 2055

- Posted      Profile for Pre-cambrian   Email Pre-cambrian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He had a distressing party trick of shoving bubble gum up his backside and then farting in the hope of inflating a glutinous gas balloon.

freefall finality

--------------------
"We cannot leave the appointment of Bishops to the Holy Ghost, because no one is confident that the Holy Ghost would understand what makes a good Church of England bishop."

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was only after he had jumped out of the aircraft that forgetful John recognised the freefall finality of his situation, as he thought of the parachute he had left in the hangar.

meretricious hedgehog

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

- Posted      Profile for EtymologicalEvangelical   Email EtymologicalEvangelical   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What was Pete thinking of, when he donned a gaudy outfit full of spikes for the fancy dress ball? Because he looked rather silly when all the spikes fell out on the dancefloor. Someone called him "the meretricious hedgehog", an epithet for which he only had himself to blame!

theatrically plasticizing

[ 05. September 2011, 18:28: Message edited by: EtymologicalEvangelical ]

--------------------
You can argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome': but you neither can nor need argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome, but I'm not saying this is true'. CS Lewis

Posts: 3625 | From: South Coast of England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the scenery shop, Burt was theatrically plasticizing the figurines that were used in the distance shots of the Snow White live-action re-make.

underwater basketweaving

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

Running out of ideas to try, somebody suggested underwater basket weaving.

Suddenly waterlillies

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The drought broke, and suddenly waterlillies filled every waterhole across the Top End.

[you need to live here to appreciate how true that can be]

partial pregnancy

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

partial pregnancy does not exitst - it's malarkey

Dopey dumbwaiters

[ 05. September 2011, 23:42: Message edited by: Sir Kevin ]

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

In the Edifice of Machina nobody respected the dopey dumbwaiters: not the sonorous sound system, the express elevators, nor the shimmering chandeliers.

vegetable pickpockets

--------------------

Pre-cambrian
Shipmate
# 2055

Using genetically-modified asparagus as vegetable pickpockets was Fagin's latest devilish scheme; he would then steam and eat the perpetrators so they could never grass.

photographic applications

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

I can think of many exciting videographic and photographic applications for a light robot that moves to follow voice commands.

burning igloo

(unmixed code)

[ 08. September 2011, 11:07: Message edited by: Chorister ]

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It seemed strange to George that there should bea burning igloo on the lawn in front of the Shopping Centre, until he realised that in fact it was part of an advertising display for ice-cream, constructed out of highly-flammable polystyrene blocks. He called the Fire Brigade before things got any worse.

Allegorical exfoliation

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

I said 'go for allegorical exfoliation, not literal exfoliation'.

Sunset critters

--------------------

Pre-cambrian
Shipmate
# 2055

Every sunset critters along the length of the western seaboard would gather on the shore and bow as the flaming Great Sun Bear completed its descent into the waters.

bijou skyscraper

--------------------

Herrick
Shipmate
# 15226

1 Bligh St is truly a bijou skyscraper!

fractured perfection

--------------------
I see a wild civility

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

It was incomplete, a sort of fractured perfection.

Lazy spikes

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

At the beginning of the day, his mohawk stabbed at the sky with angry needles that were full of defiant challenge, but after a long humid sweaty day, his head was covered with rather lazy spikes that seemed more eager to flop their way to bed on his shoulders than anything else.

defiant homonyms

[ 08. September 2011, 19:42: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Defiant homonyms only annoy me with their churlishness.

Frumpy fantasies

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Because she was so frumpy, fantasies were about as close as she got.

electromagnetic dustbin

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

I knew that I had reached the depths of insomnia, when I realized I had watched the entire length of an info-mercial on a new electromagnetic dustbin.

blindsided by a billabong

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Australian Rugby Team's adaptation of the national song to include 'blindsided by a billabong' was felt to be going a bit far.

hermetic frisbee

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

When Saint Alopecia the Eremite* found the solitary life a bit dull, he entertained himself with a hermetic frisbee.

* who doesn't really exist - I made him up ... [Big Grin]

pre-Raphaelite freemasonry

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

The exact history is difficult to trace due to the ancient society's noted reserve, but there emerged in the late nineteenth century a Pre-Raphaelite freemasony off-shoot, distinctive for the peacock feather motif on their aprons and a preference for new members married to anorectic women with luxuriant ginger hair.

elegiac gaspers

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Acute Pulmonary Ward was a place of elegaic gaspers, wheezing against the dying of the light.

buttered antimacassars

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Now honey, I know you warned me your brother's children aren't as well behaved as we'd like, but this is more than I can take: it appears that your delightful nephew has gone so far as that in our living room alone we have buttered antimacassars, a buttered golden retriever, and a buttered side table!

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

What's next, Gwai?

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Sorry!

apologetic antelopes

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

While the harried guide in the broken-down jeep waxed apologetic, antelopes and zebras grazed the savanna nearby unconcerned.

illiterate chemistry

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Although he was illiterate, chemistry between Lady Fenella and Joe Bloggs ensured that their marriage was highly successful.

sublime garbage

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

More and more artists are turning their attention and skill upon what we throw away; which is why the exhibition "Sublime Garbage" has been such a tipping success.

cold-hearted pyroclast

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

To the cold-hearted, pyroclast might be just the thing they're looking for: a spot of heat.

unfettered stoicism

--------------------

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

After the accident, the bystanders showed unfettered stoicism.

Mushroom warfare

--------------------

agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Great Fungi Attack started the mushroom warfare.

annoyed rutabaga

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016