homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Use that phrase (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Use that phrase
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The annoyed rutabaga attacked the sordid celery.

bulimious blancmange

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To the bulimious, "blancmange" is probably a very rude word.

sociable camelopards

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The sociable camelopards are looking for the unicrns to talk to.

spats forever

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'What Ho, Jeeves. Spats for ever eh?'

Underground blancmange

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coming off the London Underground, blancmange was the random childhood memory that entered my mind.

Western hippocrits

--------------------
I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am going

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When you watch a Western, hippocrits are to be seen carrying cowboys.

Scratched breeding.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Noting the priapic tomcat's injuries on the record card, the vet wrote: Scratched, breeding.

otherworldly suet

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A favorite cheap effect, beloved of sci-fy, B movies everywhere is that of otherworldly suet dribbling off rubbery, monster skin.

pack canary

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The pack canary did not like to spend time alone.

Hustle weather

--------------------

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The aging former disco dancer looked up at the clear blue sky and felt a slight warm breeze blowing, thinking this was good Hustle weather.

bombastic peach

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

'I would have to say' murmured Sir Humphrey 'that as ministerial speeches goes, that was one bombastic peach.'

simultaneous grapefruit

Herrick
Shipmate
# 15226

- Posted      Profile for Herrick   Email Herrick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When my wife and I were 'fruiting' the other day we achieved simultaneous grapefruit.

shining invisibility

--------------------
A careless shoestring in whose tie
I see a wild civility

Posts: 1194 | From: NSW | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

I began shining, invisibility was wearing off.

Super redness

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

"'Crimson' is a bit Victorio-retro, don't you think?" said the Creative Director.

'Scarlet? Or is that too yesterday for you as well?' remarked the Designer, acidly.

'Super redness?' suggested the intern, meekly.

Challenging broccoli

[ 18. September 2011, 20:18: Message edited by: Firenze ]

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Although she found becoming a vegetarian rather challenging, broccoli made it easier as it was her favourite thing.

misogynistic cat

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As the one-eared tom hissed at the kindly cat lady, the gent cackled that he had one misogynistic cat.

sacred molars

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Herrick
Shipmate
# 15226

- Posted      Profile for Herrick   Email Herrick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did Jesus have sacred molars?

scared molars

--------------------
I see a wild civility

agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you sure this is one of Buddha's teeth?

Yes, it's a sacred molar.

urbane pince-nez

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"So how do you know that he thinks he's a classy gent," I asked.
"See that pince-nez and the top hat?" She asked. "The way he keeps touching his hat and adjusting his pince-nez? That silly wanna-be dandy thinks that is an urbane pinze-nez-top hat combo."

dandy ogre

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

'Of the memorable monsters of my childhood, I think I preferred the Beano Giant to the Dandy Ogre'.

indecisive custard

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

I was feeling indecisive - 'custard or cream?' was the question I could not answer.

Happy hats

--------------------

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

- Posted      Profile for EtymologicalEvangelical   Email EtymologicalEvangelical   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That film made us feel happy. Hats off to the director!

bibliographically overexert

--------------------
You can argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome': but you neither can nor need argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome, but I'm not saying this is true'. CS Lewis

Posts: 3625 | From: South Coast of England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

The book list is much too long. There was no need for you to bibliography overexert as you have done.

toad tango

--------------------

AJG

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Once I saw a man as ugly as a toad tango, but his girlfriend was even uglier!

persnickety Porsche

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm very persnickety. Porsche or Aston Martin only, please.

inexplicable admiration

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

The inexplicable admiration some people have for Jedward totally confounds me.

gelid flatulence

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here at Unusual Perfumes, we have discovered the beauty in many smells you might have not admired; for instance, while we consider normal flatulence atrocious, we have discovered the beauty of gelid flatulence, and think you would too, if you smelt it. Come by and try it today!

orangutan confluence

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

The Think Tank established a human and orangutan confluence, where orangs and people can interact, both having fun and learning things.

pastie freedom

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Topless dancers solicited the audience for pastie freedom,

Erudite eggheads

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

Humpty Dumpty was probably not one of the erudite eggheads.

fluorescent ptarmigan

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

During the hunting season, if you can see fluorescent ptarmigan, you've probably had too much sloe GIN.

belligerent Quaker

--------------------

Herrick
Shipmate
# 15226

There was a belligerent Quaker in the book Chesapeake.

feline canine

--------------------
I see a wild civility

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

- Posted      Profile for EtymologicalEvangelical   Email EtymologicalEvangelical   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Archibald, the new employee, took a bit of getting used to in the meteorological office. His rather pompous humour got a bit wearing after a while, and three months of hearing about "feline canine precipitation" (haw haw haw!) whenever there was a downpour, was a bit too much for some of his colleagues' nerves.

tearfully electrocute

--------------------
You can argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome': but you neither can nor need argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome, but I'm not saying this is true'. CS Lewis

Posts: 3625 | From: South Coast of England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

His mum always insisted that he was a good boy, but then she was blissfully unaware of the fact that he used to tearfully electrocute feeder mice and give them dignified funerals in the back garden.

bacon egrets

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

I have to admit that I am always more interested in the taste of my food than the look, so I have to admit that I was not as impressed by the overcooked but gorgeous bacon egrets that came with my eggs.

pompous infant

--------------------

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

The pompous infant clearly had ideas above his station.

Lexicon liturgy

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

Played with a missal, a calendar and the OED, 'Lexicon Liturgy' was the game for theological students.

indelible banana

Herrick
Shipmate
# 15226

After Lucy left the tattoo parlour she wondered if the indelible banana was a good idea after all.

evil saint

--------------------
I see a wild civility

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

"Back away from evil," Saint Lucy always said.

Electric walnuts

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Bender scarfed electric walnuts just to annoy a peckish Nibbler.

Venetian cowpat

--------------------

Ophicleide16
Shipmate
# 16344

- Posted      Profile for Ophicleide16   Email Ophicleide16   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A Sicilian cow will never produce a venetian cowpat.

Musical Pudding

[ 26. September 2011, 23:10: Message edited by: Ophicleide16 ]

Posts: 79 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

Musical Pudding is much the same as Musical Chairs, but messier.

balmy ferrets

Herrick
Shipmate
# 15226

Now that the temperature has dropped by a few degrees, I can describe our pets as balmy ferrets rather than barmy ferrets.

placid maniacs

--------------------
I see a wild civility

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

If you need to take care of a few toddlers for a few hours, I advise that you strongly limit their sugar intake and arrange times for quiet play so that you will at least occasionally have plaid maniacs.

darkness shone

--------------------

Zeke
Ship's Inquirer
# 3271

- Posted      Profile for Zeke   Email Zeke   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The night after the nuclear holocaust, the darkness shone with radiation over the frightened survivors.

Avid hamburger

--------------------
No longer the Bishop of Durham
-----------
If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be without it? --Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5259 | From: Deep in the American desert | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

When it comes to a quick lunch, I am avid: hamburger from my favourite hamburger chef rules!

Electrical banana

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

"Electrical banana is bound to be a sudden craze."

baroque walk-about

--------------------

Zeke
Ship's Inquirer
# 3271

- Posted      Profile for Zeke   Email Zeke   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He put on Vivaldi's Four Seasons on his trip to Australia, hoping to have a baroque walkabout.

Magnanimous oyster

--------------------
No longer the Bishop of Durham
-----------
If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be without it? --Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5259 | From: Deep in the American desert | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Herrick
Shipmate
# 15226

He was such a generous and magnanimous oyster that he produced a pearl of great price.

Illogical evensong

--------------------
I see a wild civility

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

This is illogical: evensong should not be sung in Mandarin!

Perfunctory chipmunk

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016