homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: From Here to Eternity (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: From Here to Eternity
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
incandescent - light - snack - pecans

gloves - marshmallow

[ 18. August 2011, 00:29: Message edited by: Banner Lady ]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gloves - fingers - lick - sticky - marshmallows

ormolu - astrakhan

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ormolu - gold - wedding ring - union - soviet union - russia - astrakhan

impressionist - tissue

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Impressionist - artist - romantic - grief - tissue

plagiarism - kitten

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
plagiarism - cheater - cheetah - cat - kitten

pudding - sacristan

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
pudding - bowl - lavabo - Sacristan

clown - apostrophe

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Clown - Bozo - kids - school - English punctuation - apostrophe

Ford Prefect - hoover

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

- Posted      Profile for Pax Romana   Email Pax Romana   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ford Prefect - car - motor - device - vacuum cleaner - Hoover

Buffalo - carpet

Pax Romana

[ 19. August 2011, 02:27: Message edited by: Pax Romana ]

--------------------
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.
James Thurber

Posts: 4598 | From: New York City | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Buffalo-buffalo rug-carpet

Purgatory-wingnut

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
purgatory - purge - Stalin - Stalinist - wingnut

(With "Stalinist", I'm thinking of fringe political parties in the west that idolize Stalin.)

capricious - gastrointestinal

[ 19. August 2011, 04:35: Message edited by: Stetson ]

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
capricious - computer - bug - gastrointestinal

wizard - recession

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

Can we add in a "challenge" and an "educate" feature of this game! [Big Grin] Though I have managed to wiki some things I was clueless about (educate) but a few I've thought "how on earth did you get from a) to b)!!" (challenge)

eg SirKevin how do you get clown - bozo - kids? I could get clown to kids or the clown to bozo but how do you get from bozo to kids unless you mean all kids are bozo's! (or is it a pond difference?).

Probably just got too much time on hands today (bit unwell) or am just mumbling on while I try and get from wizard to recession lol!

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chelley:
SirKevin how do you get clown - bozo - kids? I could get clown to kids or the clown to bozo but how do you get from bozo to kids unless you mean all kids are bozo's! (or is it a pond difference?).

Bozo is a clown and clowns are for kids... I could have stuck party in between them, I guess.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
wizard - alchemist - gold - money - economy - recession

Coals To Newcastle - rainbow

(The first part simply refers to the expression "Coals to Newcastle".)

[ 19. August 2011, 16:48: Message edited by: Stetson ]

--------------------

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coals to Newcastle - carbon - diamond - precious - gold - pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - rainbow

fish fingers - monkey

--------------------
I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am going

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

fish fingers - fingers - opposable thumb - primate - monkey

salmon - Vatican

--------------------

Deckhand
Shipmate
# 15545

- Posted      Profile for Deckhand   Author's homepage   Email Deckhand   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
salmon - salmon pink - red - cardinal red - cardinal - Vatican

sheep - computer

--------------------
Lay Anglicana discussion forum and blog

Posts: 1360 | From: Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

- Posted      Profile for Pax Romana   Email Pax Romana   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
sheep - anthrax - bacteria - virus - computer virus - computer

Dances With Wolves - Galileo

Pax Romana

--------------------
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.
James Thurber

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Dances With Wolves - Kevin Costner - The Untouchables - Al Capone - Italian lawbreakers - Galileo

Butch Cassidy - Charles De Gaulle airport

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

Butch Cassidy - western - guns - war - Second World War - La Resistance - Charles de Gaulle - Charles De Gaulle airport

rabbit - Herod

[ 20. August 2011, 09:37: Message edited by: Dafyd ]

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
rabbit small rodent, large rodent,Herod

pimples - Jesus

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
pimples - teenage years - confirmation - church - Jesus

australopithecus - sofa

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pimples - spots - teenagers - trouble - sin - forgiveness - Jesus

Marshmallow - magnolia

--------------------

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

Marshmallow - pink and white - off-white - magnolia

australopithecus - sofa

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

australopithecus - neanderthal - homer simpson - sofa

champagne - printer

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
champagne - bubbles - bubble jet - printer

cyclamen - jeremiad

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bos Loquax
Shipmate
# 16602

- Posted      Profile for Bos Loquax   Email Bos Loquax   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
cyclamen - flowers - funeral - lament - jeremiad

mosquito - patience

Posts: 58 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

mosquito - bite - itching - do not scratch - wait for cure - patience

Proton - thurifer

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

proton - nucleus - nuclear force - centrifugal force - 360 degree swings with the thurible - o please let me have a go because I want to be that...thurifer!

shoehorn - matrix

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
shoehorn-the kind with teeth-not really there-there is no spoon-matrix

fall-Kevin Spacy

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

fall-flop - Resurrection Blues at the Old Vic - Old Vic - Kevin Spacey

water vole - prima donna

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
water vole- legally protected- cosseted- prima donna

chow chow-hummingbird

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

chow chow - dog - animal - bird - hummingbird

apple strudel - kingdom

Pax Romana

--------------------
James Thurber

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
apple strudel- dessert- deserts- judgment- kingdom

clam dip-Cicero

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

clam dip-dip-party-drinking-philosophers-academics-classicicsts-Cicero

pine box-glide

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

pine box - pencil case - glide top - glide

cauliflower - aerodynamic

--------------------

Deckhand
Shipmate
# 15545

- Posted      Profile for Deckhand   Author's homepage   Email Deckhand   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
cauliflower - flower - flyer - plane - aerodynamic

window - python

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

window - glass - full - monty - python

whist - chlorine

--------------------

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

Whist - cards - trees - oxygen - gas - chlorine

furniture - weather

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

furniture - outside - weather

fire hydrant - tonsils

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

furniture- wood- rings- rain- weather

fire hydrant - tonsils

ETA: crosspost

[ 23. August 2011, 17:43: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------

Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

fire hydrant - fire - burn - pain - inflammation - tonsillitis - tonsils

laser pointer - bald patch

Pax Romana

[ 23. August 2011, 18:45: Message edited by: Pax Romana ]

--------------------
James Thurber

Bos Loquax
Shipmate
# 16602

- Posted      Profile for Bos Loquax   Email Bos Loquax   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
laser pointer - spot - patch - bald patch

bouillabaisse - minuet

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

bouillabaise - French - music -minuet

nightmare - Czech

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

nightmare - dream - surrealism - Archimboldo - Prague - Czech

Holy Roman Empire - carrot

--------------------

Bos Loquax
Shipmate
# 16602

Holy Roman Empire - "neither holy, nor..." - Voltaire - Candide - candied - carrot

calligraphy - samovar

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

calligraphy-Japanese-Russo-Japanese War-Russia-Russian idiosyncracies-samovar

pine tree-Kierkegaard

--------------------

Deckhand
Shipmate
# 15545

pine tree- Christmas tree - Scandinavia - Denmark - Hans Christian Andersen - Christian writer - Kierkegaard

dolphin - university

[ 24. August 2011, 07:50: Message edited by: Deckhand ]

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

dolphin - sea - "20 000 Leagues Under The..." - league - Ivy League - university

"Take My Wife...Please!!" - Russo/Japanese War

[ 24. August 2011, 08:15: Message edited by: Stetson ]

--------------------

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

'Take my wife... please' - relationship breakdown - arguements - war - Russo/Japanese war

monkey - revolution

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016