homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: The Rev Gerald Ambulance Guidance Column (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: The Rev Gerald Ambulance Guidance Column
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

Soulsaving supersonic spiritual celebrity
# 359

- Posted      Profile for Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Author's homepage   Email Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Blessings on you beloved brothers (and sisters!!!), yolk-fellows in the egg of Christian service.

I have a problem ministry. I have a truly God-given interest in all kinds of personal problems - theological, sexual, spiritual, gynaecological, the lot.

Nothing gives me more blesisng than hearing all about them and sorting them out.

So why not write in and share your darkest secrets in complete confidence. Put in all the details - I'm not squeamish.

[ 24. April 2014, 18:10: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
If God had meant women to have longer names than men, he would have created Adam and Evangeline. - Rev. Gerald Ambulance (me!)

Posts: 219 | From: Lewisham | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
faintsaint
Shipmate
# 151

- Posted      Profile for faintsaint   Email faintsaint   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev

What are you doing in Hell?
I'm not sure that I should trust a Reverend who resides in Hell (or Lewisham, for that matter).

So it seems that I am suspicious and have problems trusting people, particularly clergy. What should I do about it?

Yours insecurely,

fs

--------------------
*iancognito*

Posts: 144 | From: Oop North Down Under | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
frin

Drinking coffee for Jesus
# 9

- Posted      Profile for frin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My dear reverend, how lovely to see you returned.

My local vicar does not have a gynaecological calling so I am at a loss of where else to turn. Which is the most holy method of contraception?

Surely God has given you a word for me about this?

'frin

--------------------
"Even the crocodile looks after her young" - Lamentations 4, remembering Erin.

Posts: 4496 | From: a library | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raoul Cinquanza
Apprentice
# 124

- Posted      Profile for Raoul Cinquanza   Author's homepage   Email Raoul Cinquanza   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Surely you don't need the 'holiest' method of contraception. That's usually the type you avoid.

smuttily,
RC

--------------------
"Why is a woman in love like a welder? Because they BOTH CARRY A TORCH!"

Posts: 22 | From: The Mexican Quarter of Surrey | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill
Shipmate
# 102

- Posted      Profile for Gill   Email Gill   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I have a problem ministry.

But the gift and call are irrevocable, dear brother. Stick with it!

Any thoughts on what to do about my insatiable appetite for midget funeral directors much appreciated. It's their jaunty little walk as they carry the coffin which gets me going. Oh, oh, oh... deliver me... the Thoughts! the Thoughts!!!

--------------------
Still hanging in there...

Posts: 1828 | From: not drowning but waving... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Reverend Mr Ambulance

I have Species Dysphoria. It is something like Gender Dysphoria except... you know. Am I outside God's salvation economy? I've tried to take comfort from the scriptures - especially I've read Luke about the ravens - God feeds them an' everything but Jesus says that people are much more important. Matthew is not much help either with the 2 sparrows bought for a penny. Surely coots are worth more than sparrows? And...(quaver) and they don't fall to the ground apart from the Father's will. Why would he want birds to fall to the ground anyway? That's a terrible thing you know 'cos we can't fly too good to begin with. And Jesus says people are worth more than many sparrows. I reckon coots come somewhere between sparrows and ravens so that makes people much and a half of much more important than coots - do we still get there? You know the Father's house with the many rooms, well, are there some nests for water fowl in there too?

Someone even said that animals don't have souls. I cried for 2 weeks. But then I realised that birds aren't animals, are they? We're a bit like angels really.

Please help,
The Happy Coot.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Coots cant fall to the ground! Have you ever seen a coot flying about? not me, so I reckon they are in a catergory of their own, neither Ravens or sparrows.....
Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Elizabeth
Shipmate
# 207

- Posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Coots may not fall to the ground, but they look pretty darned funny with their rumps stuck up in the air while they dive for fish.

Of course, that's American coots, the only kind I've seen personally.

At any rate, they're much different from ravens and sparrows. Take comfort, Coot.

~Elizabeth

--------------------
The Hunger Site is back!

Posts: 669 | From: The Place of Knee Deep Leaves | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And of course coots migrate to Florida as they age. I mean, the state is just aflutter in old coots!

Sieg-ducking already

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill
Shipmate
# 102

- Posted      Profile for Gill   Email Gill   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm sure the Blessed Gerald is more interested in those coot rumps and what they get up to, than where they migrate to. I have a feeling he wants the kind of confessions which merit repentance...

Y'know, like writing "Turn to Leviticus for dirty bits" in the Bible in the Choir Stalls?

No-one else did that?

Well, it was last year.. and it was a very boring funeral...

--------------------

Posts: 1828 | From: not drowning but waving... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My favorite bird: the coot. Seriously. I live near a waterfowl refuge that attracts myriad species of birds every fall, even a harlequin duck several years in a row at Thanksgiving. But I still like coots the best.

Is there hope for me? My priest has neither gynecological calling nor bird calling, so I have nowhere else to turn.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
my ex-wifes dutch cap was holey, thats how 3 of my children were concieved yil i fixed it with a bicycle repair kit

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think the travesties of the coot rump prolly cover the gamut of sins listed in Paul's epistles. But I don't want to be a discourager of the Brethren nor a stumbling block for my brothers and sisters of weak conscience, hence I choose not to titillate the Rev'd Mr Ambulance with them. All things are permitted to coots but not all things are beneficial.

As the coot rump is presently happily celibate, it will have to be species dysphoria or nothing.

faintsaint
Shipmate
# 151

- Posted      Profile for faintsaint   Email faintsaint   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Happy Coot:
Why would he want birds to fall to the ground anyway?

Only Charismatic birds, I think. That's what happens when you fly over Toronto...

fs

--------------------
*iancognito*

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
faintsaint, what, their beaks turn gold, so they're to heavy to fly?

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

- Posted      Profile for Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Author's homepage   Email Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All right, clear off you lot. I'll deal with this.

Faintsaint
It seems that I am suspicious and have problems trusting people, particularly clergy. What should I do about it?

Alas and woe unto thee Faintsaint! For thou art possessed by a spirit of unbelief.
And if you don't believe that, what more proof do you need?

The Spirit in question is Belshazzagog, the notorious Demon of Doubt who inhabits the hair of unbelievers. The only way to be delivered is to pull out all your hair (no, shaving is not enough!) and bathe in Holy Oil from the Mount of Olives (16.99 a bottle from RGA Ministries).

--------------------
If God had meant women to have longer names than men, he would have created Adam and Evangeline. - Rev. Gerald Ambulance (me!)

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Frin
My local vicar does not have a gynaecological calling so I am at a loss of where else to turn. Which is the most holy method of contraception?

Now what is nice Christian young girl doing thinking of such sordid and disgraceful things? Your mind should be focussed on doves and sunsets and God's lovely kittens.

Anyway, surely this is a matter for your husband to decide.

If the brother in question were to seek my discernment on this delicate matter I should remind him of the only 2 places where the whole unpleasant subject is mentioned in Scripture.
Genesis 38 makes it clear that coit*s inter*ptus is punishable by death.
And then 2 Samuel 20:8 says "And Joab's sword was fastened upon his loins in the sheath thereof; and as he went forth it fell out." I think it's quite clear what that's getting at.

Such warnings make it quite clear that all prophyacticism is an abomination before the Lord, and it is the duty of every Christian couple to contribute to the worldwide population explosion that promises to destroy civilisation and hasten the Day of the Lord.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Gill
Any thoughts on what to do about my insatiable appetite for midget funeral directors much appreciated.

Well, it's most irregular, but the Bible nowhere specifically says that cannibalism is a sin. So as long as you wait until the diminutive merchants death die of natural causes before tucking in, then remember Genesis 9:3: "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you." I think that's from the Lord.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

No, The Happy Coot, birds are not like angels. Angels do terriblesome things with swords and bring messages to humans from God. Birds just flap around and eat worms.

The only role birds have to play in the divine order of things is to be eaten by humans and to be sacrificed to put right our sin. This should be enough for anyone.

Anyway, how does a coot operate a mouse?

--------------------

faintsaint
Shipmate
# 151

quote:
Originally posted by Rev Gerald Ambulance:
The only way to be delivered is to pull out all your hair (no, shaving is not enough!) and bathe in Holy Oil from the Mount of Olives (16.99 a bottle from RGA Ministries).

My Dear Reverend

Thank you so much for your reply. I was actually beginning to doubt your very existence (see how serious my problem was?) until I was delivered with your message from the Lord! Forgive my unbelief once more.

However, I have a further problem. I misread your wisdom-filled response. I pulled out the bath and bathed my hair with Holy Oil. Now I have a terribly greasy head and no bath to wash it in. What shall I do? Is this the Lord's vengeance for me using
Somerfield Wingnut Oil at £1.99 a gallon instead of your kosher Holy Oil?

Yours in increasing desperation.

fs

--------------------
*iancognito*

Gill
Shipmate
# 102

quote:
Well, it's most irregular, but the Bible nowhere specifically says that cannibalism is a sin. So as long as you wait until the diminutive merchants death die of natural causes before tucking in, then remember Genesis 9:3: "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you." I think that's from the Lord.

I'm most disappointed. I meant, of course, my SEXUAL appetite - not to say gynaecological...

Though it would give a whole new meaning to 'After the Funeral, nibbles will be served to the mourners.'

--------------------

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

Dear Rev'd Mr Ambulance

I was a bit sad to hear that the ministry of coots is to be eaten or offered in sacrifice. I was even tempted to rail against your discernment, however, as I am a quietly-governed Anglican prayerbook coot, well, we don't do that sorta thing.

Anyway, I've got a question from a friend.

Is it permissible for the People's Warden (or their proxy) to know the Bishop in the biblical sense in order to effect a subdivision of church land, whereby all proceeds from the sale of the spare bit remain in the parish? The Diocesan Registrar is being a bit intractable about the whole affair.

It would be a sort of sacrificial act. No greater love and all that. I know St Francis said something about preaching the gospel without words. This would sort of qualify, wouldn't it?

I am plucking myself as I wait in order to be prepared for my ultimate service,

The Happy Coot.

Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Reverend Gerald,

I have a problem with my boss, which perhaps can best be phrased in terms of a multiple choice question:

My boss is producing a brochure publicising your new software product. While he's happy with the content, his devastatingly handsome and amazingly talented design and writing guy hasn't produced a very good cover.

Does he:

A: ask him to find a picture to put on the cover?
B: get him to put an abstract design that says 'technical' on the cover?
C: get him to put a large, artfully presented and catchy slogan on the cover?
D: ask him to put a flowchart on the cover, with the added proviso that it 'look like a breast'?

If you answered A, B, or C, you have a reasonably normal boss. If you answered D, you have my boss.

Two days I spent on that bloody thing. And halfway through the first day, he asked me to 'make it a bit more pert'.

I'm at my wit's end. What do I do, Rev Gerald?

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know that I am not Rev A., but Wood you should tell him to 'bog off'. It is not reasonable for flowcharts to looke like a breast. Ifact it is not reasonable to use a flowchart as a over illustrations. It screams "70s computer textbook" and not "amazingly good bit of software".

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wood, please tell me your are joking......

Can you post the finished product here?

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
faintsaint
Shipmate
# 151

quote:
Originally posted by Wood:
Two days I spent on that bloody thing. And halfway through the first day, he asked me to 'make it a bit more pert'.

I'm at my wit's end. What do I do, Rev Gerald?

I thought you were a married man, Wood? I thought that you would have worked it out by now...

fs

--------------------
*iancognito*

Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
it is not reasonable to use a flowchart as a over illustrations. It screams "70s computer textbook" and not "amazingly good bit of software".

Damn right, Babybear. Which is what i told him.

I told him it was stupid.

He told me where my paycheque was coming from. Settled that one, I can tell you

And no, SB, this is God's honest truth. Every word of it. I'll post up the result in a little while - but I'll have to remove the brand name from it... give us a couple of days.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Gill
I'm most disappointed. I meant, of course, my SEXUAL appetite.

You have no idea how many times I have heard those words in the course of my life - my professional life that is of course, not my personal life. Any disappointment I may have caused to the alternative gender personally was either in my heathen days (Wednesdays and Saturdays), or more likely by my glorious calling to celibacy.

As for your own disappointment, all I can say is the whole coital area is one huge disappointment, because that's how God intended it, and the sooner you put such impure activities behind you, figuratively speaking, the better.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

The Happy Coot

I have no idea what you're talking abut and therefore denounce your scheme utterly.

May the locusts of Moab devour thy progeny, thou unclean publican!

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Wood
Your situation is really very simple. The apostle tells us "Slaves, obey your masters". What more do you need to know?
Admittedly that presents you with a problem in that the drawing of forbidden body parts is worth 183 years in purgatory, but I get the impression that a couple of centuries are not going to make a lot of difference to your tally.
The only other thing I can suggest is that you draw your diagram in the shape of a lovely little fawn. If your master says that's not what he asked for, direct him to Song of Solomon 4:5. If he is still not satisfied, you are now entitled to stone him for denying the literal sense of Holy Writ, and seek alternative employment.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Faintsaint
I pulled out the bath and bathed my hair with Holy Oil. Now I have a terribly greasy head and no bath to wash it in. What shall I do? Is this the Lord's vengeance for me using Somerfield Wingnut Oil at £1.99 a gallon instead of your kosher Holy Oil?

Look, if you're not going to follow my word for you, then any personal disasters you bring upon yourself are your own problem.
Unfortunately, having a problem ministry means that your problems are also mine. You see what a pain in the Balaam's ass this job is?

However I don't really see that you have much of a problem.
Your hair is greasy? When you've pulled it out as I instructed, it won't be. Well, it will be greasy, but it won't be on your head.
And you have no bath to wash it in? Why would you want to wash it when you've pulled it out?

Honestly, the kind of flock one gets these days. Sign of the times, I suppose.

--------------------

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Esteemed reverend ... are you married?

It is just my friend fancies you!

(not gossiping of course)

Maddie
Ship's cartographer
# 11

- Posted      Profile for Maddie   Author's homepage   Email Maddie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Purely for prayer Beenster?

Maddie

Posts: 1304 | From: East of England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wood - This sounds to me worthy of Dilbert - you could try suggesting it, and I can have a laugh all over again!

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Before this anointed thread disappears off the bottom of the page into the second circle of hell:

Beenster
You want to be careful talking to a man of God like that. Of course the Lord long ago delivered the temptations of the flesh under my victorious feet, but it can still be quite an effort not to look down.

The answer to your impertinent question, my child, is that I am wed to Him before Whom we are all but as the gone off cucumber of time in the salad tray of eternity - the only kind of same sex marriage sanctioned by the Scriptures.
Tell your friend she has a Spirit of Inappropriate Advances to the Clergy, and if she wants ministry to contact me by email.

--------------------

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Forgive me Rev Ambulance (or may I call you Gerry) for my wicked sinful question.

I will go back to bed and watch telly as my punishment.

I remain ever humble and grovelling prostate at your great feet (what size do you take?)

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Beenster
Forgive me Rev Ambulance (or may I call you Gerry)

No, you may not. My Christian name is in fact 'Rev' - my parents knew the will of God for my life from the start.

I remain ever humble and grovelling prostate at your great feet

You want to be careful doing that too.

what size do you take?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: size doesn't matter. Man (and more to the point woman) looks on the outside, but God looks at the inside. And if you could see the inside of my feet you'd realise it's better to drop the whole issue.
Though if you must know they're size 12.

--------------------

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

Ah - so Rev is your Christian name - what is it short for -

Revolting?
Revolving door?
Revised standard verison?
Revenge?

Am I close?

Also I am intrigued by the lineage of Ambulance - can you trace your ancestory at all? If so what did your Ambulances in days gone by do Rev?

Dave Walker

Contributing Editor
# 14

- Posted      Profile for Dave Walker   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev. Gerald.

A friend of mine draws silly pictures during sermons and one can only assume that... um... she isn't really listening. Is this a sin, and if so is it a bad one?

I'd also like to ask whether you or anyone you know is coming along on the ship of fools weekend. It's just that I, like beenster, would like to sit at your feet and listen to your teachings. If there's time we could also converse on the ways of holiness.

Also it might persuade beenster to come on the weekend, which would be a good thing all round. Amen?

W

--------------------
Cartoon blog / @davewalker

Gill
Shipmate
# 102

I've done a bit of research. Ambulance is a Latinized form of Walker. The Rev's ancestors couldn't afford a car and were too proud to admit it. Pride is a Sin.

Have you repented on their behalf, Rev Gerry??

--------------------

Elizabeth
Shipmate
# 207

- Posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev. Ambulance:

Every Sunday a number of parishioners show up to services late--between 15 and 20 minutes late. They always enter the chapel by the rear door and then try to squeeze into already crowded pews, and spend a good deal of time during the service asking what the announcements were in very loud whispers.

I find this a great distraction to worship and a bother when I have to move myself, or my coat or husband, or both, while the service is going on.

What's a good way of informing these people they are being rude (to God and humanoids) by being late every single Sunday?

Smoulderingly,

Elizabeth

--------------------
The Hunger Site is back!

Posts: 669 | From: The Place of Knee Deep Leaves | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
frin

Drinking coffee for Jesus
# 9

- Posted      Profile for frin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Reverend,

Please help. Dyfrig has developed an obsession with (his own?) idolatrous bollocks. Can he be delivered from this?

Yours anxiously,

'frin

--------------------
"Even the crocodile looks after her young" - Lamentations 4, remembering Erin.

Posts: 4496 | From: a library | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill
Shipmate
# 102

Frin - not before he's married.

--------------------

Lev
Shipmate
# 50

- Posted      Profile for Lev   Author's homepage   Email Lev   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by frin:
Dear Reverend,

Please help. Dyfrig has developed an obsession with (his own?) idolatrous bollocks. Can he be delivered from this?

Yours anxiously,

'frin

The mind boggles... on better thoughts, I guess it shouldnt boggle for too long.

....Lev
p.s: What colour are they Dyfrig? We could compare notes - email me! (that *is* sarcaism BTW before anyone reads too much into that)

Posts: 304 | From: Brighton, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
...I am wed to Him before Whom we are all but as the gone off cucumber of time in the salad tray of eternity - the only kind of same sex marriage sanctioned by the Scriptures.

My dear Fr. Ambulance (may I call you Father?)

I am awestruck/icken at the erudition of your replies to these sinners.

Might I inquire, with groveling respect learned at the feet of Miss Monica, where you developed the talent to string together your similes and metaphors??

I have lived in the southern part of the United States (New Nitey Stayuts) so I have developed a keen admiration for Picheresk language. But you just slay me.

I bet you have dogs living under your porch.

tomb

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by frin:
Dear Reverend,

Yours anxiously,

'frin

Oh dear, if she is writting like thi before the wedding, just imagine the fate of that poor Welshman *after*!

Dyfrig dear, there is still time to run back over the boarder. We will protect you. If this 'frin maniac follows we shall subject her to close-harmony singing, in Welsh!

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

Hey Revvie!

I don't know if you can help a friend of mine - mentioning no names but Lev has got this serious fettish with bubble wrap. He is having an affair with some really manky old stuff. Although he would deny it hotly.

Do you think the gone off cucumber of slime could minister to him in some shape or form?

be a good sport and help him out eh?

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Lev has got this serious fettish with bubble wrap. He is having an affair with some really manky old stuff. Although he would deny it hotly.

Is that true Lev? Have you been seeing my bubble wrap? I thought it had been acting strangely recently and not popping so well.

Right then matey boy, pistols at dawn I think

Spike

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Beenster:

...Lev ... would deny it hotly.

I don't see what the trouble is about. It's when these people no longer enjoy their perversities but still continue to do them that dysfunction arises.

As long as there's some warmth and not complete ennui, he's probably ok. At least, he won't be bored.

Sykologically yours,

tomb

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Beenster
Ah - so Rev is your Christian name - what is it short for?

It isn't short for anything, thou foolish woman of Bashan!
Behold, here (figuratively speaking) come the 10 wise virgins and 9 foolish virgins. They seem to be short, and I think you can help them out, can't you?

If my name was short for anything it would be short for Reverend. But my parents knew that if they called me that, people would shorten it, and they couldn't bear shortened names, so they called me Rev, which you can't shorten.

Anyway revenge and revolting are both sins, the Revised Standard Verison is the sporron of Beelzebub, and revolving doors - well I expect they're sinful too if you look into it enough.

Also I am intrigued by the lineage of Ambulance - can you trace your ancestory at all? If so what did your Ambulances in days gone by do Rev?

Yes I can trace my ancestry right back to God, via Adam and Eve. But as I'm a child of God anyway, there doesn't seem to be much point.

Some of my more anointed ancestors include:
Sir Hallelujah Ambulance of Putney, a Major-General in Cromwell's New Model Army, who, in his relentless campaign against paganism, burned over 100 maypoles, abolished 31 June (aka Frottage Day, celebrated with notorious frivolity and inappropriateness), reduced Stone-Wood-and-Glass Henge to its current state of disrepair, and expelled all heathen deities from the county of Suffolk.

St Ursula Stretcher, another glorious conqueror of paganism. She was a missionary to the pagan tribes in 8th-century Belgium, and had extraordinary success in converting countless whole tribes to The Way Of Life Everlasting, in their entirety. Her technique was to live among them in humility and usefulness, convert one person, and then kill the rest of the tribe.

And Skubala, Bishop of Phrygia, who attended the Council of Nicea in 325, and achieved the supernatural feat of disagreeing with every single person there (and the Emperor who was married) including on several occasions himself.
Refusing to subscribe to the Nicene Creed, which he denounced as "simplistic, deluded and guilty of an average 12 1/2 errors per word", he published his own creed, which translated reads: "I believe you're all a bunch of laughable no-brain heretics."

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016