homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: The Rev Gerald Ambulance Guidance Column (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: The Rev Gerald Ambulance Guidance Column
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Time for The Rev's healing ministry, then. What I would pay to watch The Rev lay hands on tomb ...
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Elizabeth
Shipmate
# 207

- Posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Breathlessly (from laughing so hard) awaiting the advice of the Rev on Coot's current problem.

--------------------
The Hunger Site is back!

Posts: 669 | From: The Place of Knee Deep Leaves | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
SteveTom
Contributing Editor
# 23

- Posted      Profile for SteveTom   Author's homepage   Email SteveTom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sarkycow
on sunday, my vicar's wife asked me to play music for the evening prayer service. all went well, until the congregation turned up, and i had a strong urge to punch each one of them. a friend suggested i should claim that god told me to punch them, but i am not sure that would have been appropriate. what should i do if this urge returns?

All urges, Sibling Sarkycow, are from the Lord. He's the one who made us, after all.
Though some are sent as temptations to resist, some are just his way of telling you to have a good time, and some are temptations to succumb to so that he can justly damn you, because you're a godless reprobate.
How can you tell the difference? See where you sent on the day of judgment.

Sorry if that's not much help, but I've just spent an appallingly depressing evening listening to the music group's dress rehearsal of Ezekiel!, and in the circumstances it's better than you deserve.

In fact now I think of it, I think you should go ahead and punch your whole congregation, and if you feel a ministry developing, I could offer you many exciting opportunities to work at your calling here at St Ursula's.

--------------------
I saw a naked picture of me on the internet
Wearing Jesus's new snowshoes.
Well, golly gee.
- Eels

Posts: 1363 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rev Gerald are you ill?????????? you who are normally so opinionated, and so rude it's refreshing, you have just appologised for your advice!!!!!

is this the end of civilisation as we know it?????

is there anything i can do? would my ministry of violence towards church groups help in this situation? you only have to ask, and i will do your will, as your will is invariably god's will

please return to your usual pompous, self-righteous, rude and overbearing self,

viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
tomb just had a stroke from laughing so hard.

Continuing in my fallen state - I am wondering of what tomb had a stroke?

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Since bears are a lot more innocent that coots I was wondering why The Coot is no longer The Happy Coot.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stephen
Shipmate
# 40

- Posted      Profile for Stephen   Email Stephen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You will find an explanation in Bizarre Practices in MW

--------------------
Best Wishes
Stephen

'Be still,then, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations and I will be exalted in the earth' Ps46 v10

Posts: 3954 | From: Alto C Clef Country | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Time for The Rev's healing ministry, then. What I would pay to watch The Rev lay hands on tomb ...

tomb is pleased to report that he has almost completely recovered from the stroke. Only the hair on the right side of his head is still numb. Not that all the gin in California would persuade tomb to put himself under the ministrations of that fish emesis spewer.

quote:
by the Coot
Continuing in my fallen state - I am wondering of what tomb had a stroke

Certainly not the correct placement of prepositions.

tomb

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill
Shipmate
# 102

- Posted      Profile for Gill   Email Gill   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The other day, my past Rector spoke on prayer. He said that the first thing he does when he wakes in the morning is to hold hands with his wife and pray together. I found myself needing to know whether he scratches his testicles before or after holding hands, and whether he prays with a morning stiffie.

All I can say, dear Coot, is that this is precisely WHY I stopped praying with my husband in the mornings.

A Hint.
Some men are able to do all three of the actions you describe at the same time.

--------------------
Still hanging in there...

Posts: 1828 | From: not drowning but waving... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

Soulsaving supersonic spiritual celebrity
# 359

- Posted      Profile for Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Author's homepage   Email Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sacredthree
Last night I had a dream

I had to protect a family from a huge 8 foot high Pink, Fuzzy, Furry Demon, they had tried to tell it to leave their house, but im my dream, it was only when I invoked the name of Jesus that it fled from their premises.
Unfortunately when someone left the house to visit the petrol station over the road to but coke and chocolate at night the Demon appeared again and chased them.
I then discovered that the Pink, Fuzzy, Furry Demon lived next door in a very dark weird house, which was only a door width wide, and had orange walls inside. I am pretty sure I finnally banished the Pink, Fuzzy, Furry Demon using the name of Jesus.
Reverend, what does this mean?

Three possibilities:

• It's a prophecy. Has it happened yet? Is there a very dark narrow weird house with orange walls next door? If not it probably isn't. (Though it may not be fulfilled till the end times, which according to my escgatological sliderule are still several months off.)
  • It's an apocalyptic vision. This means all the details are deeply symbolic. Obviously the pink demon represents Osama bin Laden, but when it comes down to it, it'll just be saying that God's in control and he has a very special plan for everyone.
  • You should reconsider what you eat/drink/inhale before going to bed.

--------------------
If God had meant women to have longer names than men, he would have created Adam and Evangeline. - Rev. Gerald Ambulance (me!)

Posts: 219 | From: Lewisham | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

- Posted      Profile for Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Author's homepage   Email Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ultraspike
I assure you, my dear Doctor, this is no pointless tat, at least to me it isn't. My problem is that I'm a closet charismatic. On Sunday I'm a high church spike, nay an ultraspike, but on Monday I begin to crave that old time religion. By Wednesday I am just dying for some good old fashioned tongue speaking and a roll in the aisles. I long to have hands layed on for the healing of my sick soul. Problem is, where can I go here in New York and not risk discovery? I can just imagine the story on David Virtue's website. I could never face my rector again and he would surely not understand these cravings. Is there any hope for me, Doctor? Or am I doomed to this schizophrenic dichotomy? Could an Anglocatholic tat queen ever happily coexist in the same body with a hands in the air Spirit worshiper? Please help me.

Beatitudinous anointment upon you, Sibling Ultraspike! For this is by no means pointless tat, but profoundly worthwhile and vitally important tat.
It is a joy to receive testimony from one whose spirit is so in tune with the Spirit.

For verily the truly anointed path is that which unites the Spirit and the Rite.

O, that those who kiss the sacred page would also raise holy hands in liturgical ecstacy.
That those who roll their eyes in prophetic abandon might stagger also under the influence of that Ol' Romanian Incense.

Let those who kneel to the Blessed Virgin keel over under the touch.
And let those who exorcise their household pets do so in the right maniple for that date.

O ye dispersčd congregations of the lost sheep of the house of Zion! Will ye not turn again and come together to be united as one in these two equally important sides of the coin of sacred silliness.

Let camp charismania flow like a burning mountain across this land. Etc etc....

--------------------
If God had meant women to have longer names than men, he would have created Adam and Evangeline. - Rev. Gerald Ambulance (me!)

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Spike
An acquaintance of mine (let's call him Steve) has been in a very public debate with a prominent member of a Humanist organisation. I am very concerned that he may become corrupted by this.

If we're talking about the same person, your fears are quite groundless. You might as well worry about the Atlantic Ocean getting wet. (Or any other major body of water for that matter.)

What advice can you offer that his soul may remain pure?

To achieve that you'd need a time machine. A font and a gun would help too.
Give him up and devote your energy to drying up the sea is my advice.

--------------------

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rev Gerald Ambulance:

For verily the truly anointed path is that which unites the Spirit and the Rite.

O, that those who kiss the sacred page would also raise holy hands in liturgical ecstacy.
That those who roll their eyes in prophetic abandon might stagger also under the influence of that Ol' Romanian Incense.

Thank thee, O fount of blessed wisdom! Your words have flipped the switch and I have seen the Light! Glory Hallelujah! I'm almost ready to come out of the pentecostal closet, but must proceed cautiously. I still worry about forgetting where I am, and fear that I may be unable to restrain myself someday in the middle of Solemn Mass. I can just see myself mistaking the thurible for a burning bush and then twirling like a dervish in an uncontrollable ecstasy while prophesying in a strange tongue, as the rector stares in stony astonishment and horror...

[fixed UBB code]

[ 24 September 2001: Message edited by: tomb ]

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Hide not thy saltiness under a bushel, Sibling Ultra.

I shall uphold thee before the throne, knowing the day shall not be far off when you shall arise after Latin Mass and speak unto the congregation saying "I believe the Lord has given me an interpretation: 'There's someone here who really just needs to know that He loves them and wants them to open up to Him.'"

--------------------

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev,

I believe I have been given the gift of speaking in the tounges of Angels, but I can only exersise the gift after many pints of beer, some in my church think it is not of God, how can i re-assure them?

Starbelly

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

And so in the sustaining strength of the Almighty, the Rev makes it onto p4 of his troubled flock's questions.

Starbelly
Is lateness a sin?

Well I suppose it probably is , O faithful Starbelly. Just about everything is if you look into it enough. My advice is never do anything, or don't look into it too much.

--------------------

Dave Walker

Contributing Editor
# 14

- Posted      Profile for Dave Walker   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And so in the sustaining strength of the Almighty, the Rev makes it onto p4 of his troubled flock's questions.

Dear Most Reverend Uncle Gerald.

There are some in our midst who feel you are becoming burdened with the overwhelming needs of your parishioners here on this site.

We believe it is right that we seek the Lord for a helper suitable for you. Maybe a wife, or perhaps seven deacons to help in the daily administration of answers. Or seven wives maybe.

We have someone in mind actually. We'll ask her if you like. Could you make 7.15 at the Odeon in Lewisham?

W

--------------------
Cartoon blog / @davewalker

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wibble, I don't know how our beloved farther-in-God will like being addressed as an Anglican Archbishop...
Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dave Walker

Contributing Editor
# 14

- Posted      Profile for Dave Walker   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm learning new things every day. So 'Uncle' is the correct way to address an Archbishop?

--------------------
Cartoon blog / @davewalker

Gill
Shipmate
# 102

- Posted      Profile for Gill   Email Gill   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Only if you've sat on his knee a few times...

--------------------

Posts: 1828 | From: not drowning but waving... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have you ever sat on Gezza's knee, Gill? Wibble?
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am really hoping that there will be a head-to-head between NT and Rev Gezza tonight!

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OOOOh, can we get some pics?

--------------------

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

Where is Gezzabelle?

I am much surprised that he hasn't made an appearance - on missionary pretences of course - to the Swear Box...

Coming to think of it, he doesn't move around much, does he? Maybe those head to head photos tonight, ultraspike and bb, will be more than boring. What we want to see is some action!!!

Bother! There goes one excuse for why Gezzabelle only visits here in fits and starts! And why when he does visit, he leaves us all hanging, answering some requests and leaving others to languish.

Come on Gezza, is your refusal to deal with Coot's problems (and mine) promptly an indication that you have a problem with ministry to those of us who live Down Under?

Just remember: I know where you live!!!

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Siegfried
The whole issue of staying for breakfast aside, if one has a, ah, friend stay the night on a Saturday night, should one invite said friend to attend services on with one, if said friend is either a member of a different church or (even trickier), not a regular attendee of any church?

Your question does not make sense to me, Brother Ferret. Why on earth would you have non-churchgoers in your house?
It's bad enough when you can't walk to the bus stop without them polluting you with their unbiblical clothing and worldly lifestyles.
But at least your home can be a haven of spiritual isolation, where you can put the Tim Splendid Worship Trio's Let Me Be A Living Mountain on the CD player, light a Holy Martyrs Burn Again candle (Ł19.99 for a set of 12 from RGA Ministries), and fill the air with Get the Hell Out Here exorspray (Ł6.99 from all good spiritual armament suppliers), relaxing in the knowledge that neither the world nor the devil and not much in the way of flesh can get to you.

Your home is your hermitage. If you really have to defile yourself, go to their place.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Gill
And what does one do about the inevitable temptation to use the time as God's guidance to lie in, then laze about drinking tea and evangelizing over a few salacious Sunday Newspapers? I know I give in to this one every time, especially with other church-goers...

I think you should get together whith that Siegfried character and keep each other from befouling the rest of us contented joyous worshippers, unbesmirched by the vices of idleness, concupiscence or envy.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Gill

I am concerned. Your above remark displays that you have a huge crack opening up in your theology. To respect people who choose to go naked in public as 'trying to get back to before the Fall' is as insidious as respecting people of other faiths 'because they know God'. This can only lead to an erosion of your faith. Believe me, nudists ('naturists' as they call themselves) are Big Trouble.
I know you are seeking members for the church. I know you seek to keep abreast of modern trends, but Gez, put yourself first for once and flee.

Ah Sibling Gill, much as your well-intentioned temptations are appreciated, I have to say your remarks show that you have never known the blessing of ministering unto these unclothed heathen with the love that surpasses all love!

Ah, to see them open up and recieve!
Oh, to bring them to the point of surrender, and see all that is of the flesh melting away!
Oh, I say, and again, ah! Thrice times ah, and thrice times oh!

Excuse me, I'm going to go and have a little lie down.

[ 27 September 2001: Message edited by: Rev Gerald Ambulance ]

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Coot
I have been trying to court, as it were, one of the priests in my diocese. She insists that we are not of compatible orientations. I don't want to fall into the vain pomp and glory of the world, with all the covetous desires of the same and the carnal desires of the flesh, but I believe I would have more success in the courting ritual if I had more ostentatious tail feathers and gainful employment.

Would an avian-human relationship be considered abomination? I only ask because I want to remain unblemished between now and the time I am offered for sacrifice.

Sibling Bird, the sacred page most clearly tells us:"Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion."

It certainly is. Not so clearly after all. From what I can make out, standing up and lying down are out, but as long as you stay sitting you should steer clear of abomination.
Hope that helps.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

willyburger
I am here to confess my sins. I was ensnared by the wiles of the Evil One, and lured to a thread of iniquity, with promises of nude pictures and talk of cup sizes by a shameless temptress.
Tell me, Reverend. What must I do to be healed?

This is quite standard penitentiary proceedure, Sibling Willy.
The answer to fornictaion is flagellation, and the answer to woman is the whip.
For precise details see my booklet The Path of Self-mutilation: Your Questions Answered

--------------------

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Originally posted by the Coot

quote:
The other day, my past Rector spoke on prayer. He said that the first thing he does when he wakes in the morning is to hold hands with his wife and pray together. I found myself needing to know whether he scratches his testicles before or after holding hands, and whether he prays with a morning stiffie

Ambulance this is an SOS. I neither have a wife to hold hands with, nor testicles to scratch, nor do I get morning stiffies.

Are those three things essential for a healthy prayer life?

If so will you lay hands on me that I may grow testicles to scratch and develop stiffies etc.

And I really don't want a wife as I am female but if I have to have one to please the Lord well please help. I am terribly confused.

SOS SOS SOS

Late Quartet

Irredeemably speciesist?
# 1207

- Posted      Profile for Late Quartet   Author's homepage   Email Late Quartet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev Gerald Amb.

My colleague at work is trying to educate me to talk the language 'of the street' so that I am more 'of the moment'.

He recommends that when attempting to lead an act of worship I inspire the congregation with phrases such as

'make some noise in the house'

and liturgical responses such as

leader: respect to you
all: 'nuff said.

finally he suggests that to curry favour with my father in Christ, rather than kissing his ring I should know attempts slogans such as

'Big up the Bishop'

he assures me this isn't rude, but I am everso concerned about the whole business of 'big-upping' (if such a verbal construction really does exist).

All our liturgy now needs to be put through a translatorwith results such as:

Almighty God, to whom all hearts is open, all desires is known, cleanse da thoughts hof our hearts by da inspiration hof your Holy Spirit dat we may perfectly dig me Uncle Jamal hand worthily magnify your holy name, through Christ our Lord, Amen.

Does this really engendered 'respect in the house' ?

I eagerly await further directions (upwards, or downwards).

Late but never a Quartet[

[fixed UBB code and URL]

[ 01 October 2001: Message edited by: tomb ]

--------------------
Late Quartet is cycling closer to Route 6 than Route 66 these days.

Posts: 899 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh most bounteous Rev Gerald,

May I approach your fragrant feet in an attitude of humble reverence?

I see that on the Deadly Sins (Revised Ship Version) you have been so gracious as to inform us:

quote:

6. Posting photographs of innocent shipmates in an advanced state of vunerability and knowing no shame - even if they were of the shipmate in question which they verily weren't.

May I confess that my esteem and admiration for you has magnified greatly at this revelation.

That, even though the photograph is not of you, if it were, you would be unashamed to be vulnerable.

<bows very low>

Ham, son of Noah.

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill
Shipmate
# 102

Where is that list?!?!

Heh heh heh...

*Off to think up some more sins*

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Coot
The other day, my past Rector spoke on prayer. He said that the first thing he does when he wakes in the morning is to hold hands with his wife and pray together. I found myself needing to know whether he scratches his testicles before or after holding hands, and whether he prays with a morning stiffie.

Well, whichever Coot you are today, let me put your mind at rest. If this minister is a true man of God, he will have complete dominion over the flesh, which comes with the anointing. He will not be subject to the rebellion of the flesh to which you refer; and he will have long forgotten that he has any Beelzebub's baubles, let alone be tempted to scratch them.

However, I note with alarm that this so-called "Rector" is so won over by worldly ways that he dares to enter through the veil in fleshly contact with a female of the contrary gender! So man of God he ain't. Just be thankful he is no longer recting you.

Do you think he is to blame for placing a stumbling block in my path by sharing this personal information that preys on my weak conscience?

Oh yes. Let him go forth under a deep sense of condemnation and judgment.

Is it appropriate to seek deliverance from these thoughts, and what if any penance should be done?

Well, penance, yes, of couse. 10 "Abba, Father"s and 10 "Shine Jesus Shine"s should cover it.

But the problem is a much deeper one, Beloved Coot. Let us see if we can nail it.
Where are these impure thoughts coming from? Those little demons are getting through somehow. You need to examine your lifestyle.
Do you watch television other than the news and under-5s programming?
Do you listen to secular music with provocative beats and lyrics about profane feelings?
Could it be that some of your friends are unsaved?
Forgive me making such shocking aspersions about your lifestyle, but these are the most obvious entry points for enemy infiltration.

If the answer is "no" to all these, then we will need to look for more subtle weak points. If "yes", then some changes are in order.

I do not know whether I am in the thrall of sin or not.

Have a guess.

[ 08 October 2001: Message edited by: Rev Gerald Ambulance ]

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

Soooo helpful, Rev!

*doubles up laughing*

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Beenster
And at Tescos is it customary to be naked - it is a bit cold at the moment ...

Err, not so far as I am aware. But then I buy all my groceries from The Rev Gerald Ambulance Sanctified Supermarket, where every product is baked, picked, packed, by truly born-of-the-blood believers, to avoid pollution.

(Coot - this is the kind of thing I meant by more subtle purity strategies. The value of such things as paschal lamb chops and immaculate conception olive oil cannot be overstated.)

btw - who is St. Ursula patron saint of?

Excellent question.

St Ursula was a 7th century nobleman's daughter who was betrothed to be married to the Duke of La Spezia. But so devoted was she to holy purity that she ran away to escape the defilement of the marriage bed, and hid in an Alpine nunnery. As an added precaution she miraculously sprouted a beard and all other fleshly tokens of masculinity.
While she was at the nunnery, the sisters experienced wondrous healings, marvellous provisions, and an unparallelled level of parthenogenesis.
However when a local reforming abbot was apprised of her outward form he had her martyred, and it was only when stories of her miraculous life came to light that her true sanctity and gender were realised by many.

Ursula is patron saint of celibacy, beards and transexuals.

Ambulance this is an SOS. I neither have a wife to hold hands with, nor testicles to scratch, nor do I get morning stiffies.
Are those three things essential for a healthy prayer life?
If so will you lay hands on me that I may grow testicles to scratch and develop stiffies etc.

Not really, no.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Wibblethorpe
While I'm here can I ask the Reverend which hairstyles his Lewisham fellowship find acceptable? You see I need to get a new one soon so it's a good a time as any to seek the Lord and his anointed ministers on the subject.

The question is not what we men find acceptable, O Sibling Wibble, but what is commanded by the Lord.
And what has the Lord said in his word?

"He shall shave all his hair off his head and his beard and his eyebrows, even all his hair he shall shave off." Leviticus 14:9

The Lord of Hosts hath spoken. What more is there to say?

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

And now the Rev is on Sabbatical until after the yuletide season of profane festivity.
I am writing a ministry manual to be published by those well-meaning brethren at SPCK, possibly called The Road to Anointment. They have given me three months in which to write it, and so my anointed online timewasting ministry will sadly have to be put on hold, except for emergencies.

During this interregnum, please feel free to keep this thread alive by ministering unto each others needs, organising an ecclesiastical coup, or posting your tops tips for ministers and other suggestions for the anointed paperback.

In the unlikely event of any of your contributions being printable, you will of course receive special ackowledgement in the hallowed pages, and absolutely no money whatsoever.

Yours in the fleecing of the lambs of the Lord.

[ 09 October 2001: Message edited by: Rev Gerald Ambulance ]

--------------------

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah yes those holy and splendid people at SPCK, may they all be blessed!

Neil

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

Oh dear Rev. Gezza, what shall we do without thee? Surely this is a blessing for thy most anointed ministry, and we do wish thee Godspeed in this most holy endeavor, but how shall we ever survive these most troubling times without thy guidance? Oh please pray for us thy most faithful though unworthy servants.

--------------------

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I nominate by acclamation and hostly prerogative The Coot to take over the Rev. Gerald's ministry during his absence.

The board is sadly lacking in trans-species perspectives.

I have every confidence that the Coot will not lay an egg (so to speak) in this ministry, and if she does, we can all have an omlette.

tomb
hellhost

Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I second the appointment of The Coot as Special And Annointed Curate To The Efficacious And Ever Zealous Reverand Gerald Ambulance (may his name be mumbled vaguely for ever).

Hip-hip-hurrah! Hip-hip-hurrah! Hip-hip-hurrah!

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

There's no need to get that excited. I'm still around, you know. I haven't been raptured.

--------------------

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

Thank you, Jesus!

--------------------

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

All in favour of the Coot's appointment as Curate to our Rev Gezzabelle?

Not in favour?

The Ayes have it.

Has anyone notified the Coot of her elevation and divine calling?

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

I shall personally deliver the Pallium to the Coot (along with a bill for the Rev's. unpaid tithe).

tomb
hellhost

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ackshully. As a sinner among sinners I must step forward to minister to Sibling Late.
quote:
My colleague at work is trying to educate me to talk the language 'of the street' so that I am more 'of the moment'.
The Lord has laid it on my heart to tell you: Frankly d00d. It duzzen matter what you say, if you're over 25 'the house' is gunna think you're a dick.

Still. If your colleague is of higher rank, you should submit to godly authority and try to crank out something street-like (even if you do look like a complete dick). But that translata you got sux0rs big time d00d - you'll h4ve more success with this one.

Almighty God, to 'oom all 'earts are open, right, all desires are known, right, tidyse the bleedin' ffoughts of us hearts by the inspiration of yor 'oly Spirit that we may perfectly luv yer and worffily magnify yor 'oly name, ffrough Christ us Lord, Amen.

Izzat how English people talk, ay?

And yer. It's orright to big up the Bishop, as long as ya exclaim: 'Here's the Bishop. We're gunna big him up large by genuflecting, and he's gunna bless us as he walks by'. Timeless ritual should not be sacrificed whilst whoring after the yoof market.

See. I bet youse weren't expecting this sorta serious advice from The Coot.

Thankyou Lord. Amen.

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

While I wasn't looking a nasty little Aussie yobbo killed the thread. I have spanked her and put her to bed. Dear Siblings, please continue posting your requests for help in spiritual crises great and small, safe in the knowledge that the Priesthood of all Believers will deal sensitively and tactfully with your issues. I shall support the endeavour with much prayer. Relatively. For me.

Orright. Thankyou Lord. Amen.

Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf

Ship's curiosity
# 1283

- Posted      Profile for Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Email Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In vain have I laboured long, my friends, under a terrible burden. In vain have I wrested with my courage (or lack thereof) to lay it before our holy Rev, and lo! when I was given such courage, he went and buggered off. Never mind - Sibling Coot, I turn to you for sucour and instruction...

I am enamoured of, nay deeply and desperately lustful after, a certain very cute young Clerk of St. Paul's Cathedral. Seeing her read from Holy Writ verily did make my jaw drop. But there is a problem (well, several actually). I do not know the young woman's name, nor where she lives, so I cannot send her bunches of roses "from an admirer" nor in other ways stalk her. My only hope is to frequent the cathedral like a lost soul in the hope of seeing her - but then comes the problem, what should I say? How does one chat up a Cathedral Clerk? And is it a sin so to lust after one?

Yours, waiting expectantly for the wisdom that doth fall, dew-like, from your lips,

Joan.

--------------------
"There is a divine discontent which has always helped to better things."

Posts: 1123 | From: Floating in the blue | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

Joan the Dwarf:
Sibling Coot, I turn to you for succour and instruction...

Ya know. I don't wanna hog the help-dispensing line, but I think I have a special anointing for these sort of non-standard lust problems.

I am enamoured of, nay deeply and desperately lustful after, a certain very cute young Clerk of St. Paul's Cathedral. Seeing her read from Holy Writ verily did make my jaw drop.

Yer. I know what ya mean. Gets ya right here (thumps stomach Oof!), ay?

But there is a problem (well, several actually). I do not know the young woman's name, nor where she lives, so I cannot send her bunches of roses "from an admirer" nor in other ways stalk her. My only hope is to frequent the cathedral like a lost soul in the hope of seeing her - but then comes the problem, what should I say? How does one chat up a Cathedral Clerk? And is it a sin so to lust after one?

Well. Before ya go off in a half-cocked swoon, it's important to seek the mind of the Lord on the matter. The thing to do, is randomly open the bible and point to a verse. In this instance, tape up Leviticus and Paul's letters. And if ya can swing it, try to have it fall open at those bits in 1 Samuel about David and Jonathon.

Now. Once you know that the Lord's blessing is upon your pursuit of the Clerk, proceed with Plan A. Namely, disguise yourself as a Mystery Worshipper and hang out at the Cathedral, that way, it will not be untoward when you ask the names of 'The Cast'. Afterwards, deviate from standard Mystery Worshipper practice, and instead of looking lost at after service coffee, make a bee-line for the Clerk. As far as the actual chatting up. Well. I've never been too good with pick-up lines. For starters try 'I really liked the way you said: Here endeth the lesson. Would you care to join me in the next sadly-outdated courtship ritual?'

If this doesn't work, get back to me and we'll devise Plan B.

Thankyou Lord. Amen.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016