homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: The Rev Gerald Ambulance Guidance Column (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: The Rev Gerald Ambulance Guidance Column
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I suppose I must be the most resilient of this said flock, into whose waters Sibling Coot has oozed the beneficience of her ministrations...

Well last night was hot enough to consume hot water without endangering oneself with the appendages of the Devil... Although my preferred drink throughout the evening was Lemon Lime and Bitters...

Where IS the Rev Gerald? (No offence to Coot who has done an unctious job in his absence.)

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Coot:
.... she should keep in mind that the next day is the Feast of the Circumcision of Our Lord and of Basil the Great....

[tidied UBB - was missing appendages]

[ 30 December 2001: Message edited by: RuthW ]

Missing appendages, huh Ruth? Similar to Basil the Great, I daresay....

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

Soulsaving supersonic spiritual celebrity
# 359

- Posted      Profile for Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Author's homepage   Email Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ahh, ahhhhh, for did I not say that I should return to you at a day or hour (possibly both) that no one knew?

Oh no, I said I'd be back after Christmas. Ah well, you know how it is. Places to go, hairs to split, scotulae to polish (though I could be wrong about that).

The truth is, I and my good friend the famous Christian Captain Simon Jenkins have something far more anointed up our sleeves than a poxy 'Bulletin Board' thread (no offence!), that will truly do justice to the portion of the Spirit that the Sovereign Canopy Over All hath vouchsafed unto me.

Unfortunately that something is still pretty much stuck up at shoulder level (sleevewise), so I'll be in this unedifying dump for a while yet.

In the meantime, the Rev is in, and ready to give ear to your most degrading and humiliating problems. Come on siblings, let's have something genuinely hair-raising.

Put the kettle on will you, Coot? And you haven't seen my Let Me Be A Living Mountain CD anywhere have you?

--------------------
If God had meant women to have longer names than men, he would have created Adam and Evangeline. - Rev. Gerald Ambulance (me!)

Posts: 219 | From: Lewisham | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad to have you back, Jerry.

Now pay your helltithe.

Christmas was murder and I have credit cards to pay off.

tomb
hellhost

Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev St. Gerald,

I am so glad that you have returned, thus vanquishing my doubts as to your existance.

Please help my unbelief! I am constantly tormented by doubts as to the efficacy of your advice. How do I put these demons to flight?

Your agonised acolyte,

H&E

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
dear rev gerald,

i have this itch....

can you scratch it for me please?

yours sincerely

viki

ps the lord vouchsafed to me that if you are truly listening to him, then you would know to what i am refering!!!!

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev. Gezz, it's so great to have you back, however temporarily. We know you are called to a much higher anointing than this mere corner of Hell, so we shall be praying most fervidly for your ascendancy. In the meantime, could you tell me whether I'm mad or merely subnormal? The only way I can explain it is that my life has become a Leonard Cohen song. To wit:

Baby, I've been waiting,
I've been waiting night and day.
I didn't see the time,
I waited half my life away.
There were lots of invitations
and I know you sent me some,
but I was waiting
for the miracle, for the miracle to come.

TIA,
Ultra

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev Ambulance, exalted Fr in God etc etc,

*sob sob* (I know I can cry on your strong shoulder) They've all run away!!! *boo hoo hoo* And what am I going to do now? *argh boo hoo hoo sob*

At least I can take comfort that you did not utterly forsake us, but have by the strength of your arm and the might of your right hand exalted over your given tasks, and have set us upon a high rock, yea, even upon a DRY rock!

I guess my problem *sob* is that they've all run away... And I am wondering whether it is because I have passed the age of extreme youthful libido and now regret the time I lost wooing Inspiration when I could have been *ahem* doing other things, or whether my state of mind is deranged and that this is the prime cause of emotional upset at this time. *sob* *Sob* I am wondering to what sort of spiritual defences I might erect, lest my state of mind deteriorates... *sob booooo hooooo hooooo sob*

Ever,

Nunc

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Sweet Sweet Precious Daddy Ambulance,
During a recent canoodling session with a person who shall remain nameless and whom I shall refer to under the pseudonym "My Wife", I suddenly jumped up and exclaimed "I forgot to mop the kitchen floor!" I was proceeding through the door to complete this highly important task when "My Wife" responded, "Fuck the floor".

Could you please advise me whether doing this would amount to adultery?

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
well with this little lot, rev should be drooling in his eagerness to dispense advice...

(and i know tomb is drooling in his eagerness to dispense certain people!)

come on most highly favoured, gracious, reverend, holy, etc etc etc Gerald....

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

- Posted      Profile for Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Author's homepage   Email Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ham
I am constantly tormented by doubts as to the efficacy of your advice. How do I put these demons to flight?

Well, I could tell you, but if you wouldn't believe me, what's the point?

--------------------
If God had meant women to have longer names than men, he would have created Adam and Evangeline. - Rev. Gerald Ambulance (me!)

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Sarkycow
i have this itch....
can you scratch it for me please?
ps the lord vouchsafed to me that if you are truly listening to him, then you would know to what i am refering!!!!

Wasting clerical time is a very serious offence, Sibling Cow, and risks a sharp rise in your roasting time in purgatory.

Even formal membership of St Ursula's would not entitle you to summon the minister round to perform menial scratching work for you.

What's more, such intimate contact as you suggest with a person of the contrary gender such as, with all due respect, yourself, is utterly out of the question for an upstanding member of the priesthood.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Ultraspike
In the meantime, could you tell me whether I'm mad or merely subnormal? The only way I can explain it is that my life has become a Leonard Cohen song. To wit:

Baby, I've been waiting,
I've been waiting night and day.
I didn't see the time,
I waited half my life away.
There were lots of invitations
and I know you sent me some,
but I was waiting
for the miracle, for the miracle to come.

Merely subnormal, I'm glad to say.

There is nothing crackbrained about the symptoms you describe - waiting for a miracle for half your life. This simply suggests that you are a spiritual under-achiever, as my life is blessed with impossibilities on a more or less hourly basis, and most of us can at least claim one a week.

Why only this evening I was vouchsafed a miraculous revelation from on high that my cornish pastie was burning, and when I entered into the kitchen in all seemly haste, behold, it was as the Spirit had told me (as it would be).

Anyway, how can you have been waiting all this time without a miracle? Haven't you heard of the Eucharist?

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Nunc
I guess my problem *sob* is that they've all run away... And I am wondering whether it is because I have passed the age of extreme youthful libido and now regret the time I lost wooing Inspiration when I could have been *ahem* doing other things, or whether my state of mind is deranged and that this is the prime cause of emotional upset at this time. *sob* *Sob*

Sibling Nunc, you don't say - well, anything very coherent, but first off - who precisely it is that has been running away from you.

Though, given the impression I get of you here - a decrepit old bird loudly bewailing missed opportunities for fornication - the answer would be more or less everybody.

I am wondering to what sort of spiritual defences I might erect, lest my state of mind deteriorates... *sob booooo hooooo hooooo sob*

Take comfort, it is hard to see how this could possibly happen.

--------------------

Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf

Ship's curiosity
# 1283

- Posted      Profile for Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Email Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev, are the demons of double-posting posessing your computer? Maybe a bit of spiritual warfare would be in order...

--------------------
"There is a divine discontent which has always helped to better things."

Posts: 1123 | From: Floating in the blue | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Dyfrig
During a recent canoodling session with a person who shall remain nameless and whom I shall refer to under the pseudonym "My Wife", I suddenly jumped up and exclaimed "I forgot to mop the kitchen floor!" I was proceeding through the door to complete this highly important task when "My Wife" responded, "Fuck the floor".
Could you please advise me whether doing this would amount to adultery?

Well, technically no. Seed spillage without involving animate beings other than yourself is classified as onanism. But as biblically both abominations are punishable by death, I don't see that it makes much difference.

Either way, the greater part of horrified denunciation and stoning is reserved for your wife. The depravity of seeking satisfaction from witnessing others copulate with domestic flooring is easily the most iniquitously perverse I have ever come across in all my ministry. In fact you should get a prize for bringing it to my attention. Which would you prefer, the St Ursula's choir's new CD A Very Reggae Christmasor two tickets to the Leviticus Theme Park?

--------------------

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rev Gerald Ambulance:
Anyway, how can you have been waiting all this time without a miracle? Haven't you heard of the Eucharist?

My dear Rev. Gezz,

Yes, I have heard of the Eucharist, but that is not the miracle to which I'm referring. miraculous as it it. Perhaps the last verse will make it clearer:

"When you've fallen on the highway
and you're lying in the rain,
and they ask you how you're doing
of course you'll say you can't complain --
If you're squeezed for information,
that's when you've got to play it dumb:
You just say you're out there waiting
for the miracle, for the miracle to come."

--------------------

Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf

Ship's curiosity
# 1283

- Posted      Profile for Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Email Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Oh my! My world is collapsing! Rev Gez, have you suddenly become Anglo-Catholic, and Real-Presence-ish, enshewing the Low apprehension of the Holy Eucharist as merely a memoric symbol???

--------------------
"There is a divine discontent which has always helped to better things."

Posts: 1123 | From: Floating in the blue | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

your reverence,

i ain't contrary

yours cerely (i got candles burning, so i've definitely got wax!)

viki

--------------------

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

quote:
Originally posted by Ultraspike:
My dear Rev. Gezz,

Yes, I have heard of the Eucharist, but that is not the miracle to which I'm referring. miraculous as it it. Perhaps the last verse will make it clearer:

[host hat on]
Dearest Ultraspike:

Quoting two verses of this song is, perhaps, cutting the doctrine of "fair use" of copyright material a little too close. I encourage you not to post more than a very few lines, in order not to vex the Copyright Nazis, which would be a fate worse than the Rev. Jerry's Purgatory any day.

[host hat off]

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

Gee whiz, tomb, all this time I thought quoting Lenny was like quoting Jesus, too much ain't enough.

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev Ger

Just recently, I found myself smiling in church. Now of course I realise that this is a sin but I need to know how to stop myself doing it. A friend suggested sticking a fork in my leg, but I don't think that's biblical. Do you have any holy suggestions to avoid this sinful behaviour?

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Revd Mr Ambulance, Sir,

I put the kettle on, the shiniest one I could find. I am so glad you're back. The sheep you entrusted to me. I didn't lose a single one of them. Well. Maybe one. Or a few. But not so many as you'd notice unless they were a relative.

I hope you liked the advice I give 'em. Maybe if you liked it a lot you could give me a promotion? I could really strut in a cassock and a surplice. Can I be your verger? It means I will mop up the toilets if someone sicks up in them like happened at Midnight Mass. Also I get to carry a verge which is a stick with a metal bit on the end for me to clear a path through the heathen as I walk before you.

Thankyou Jesus. Amen.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

Most holy and Rev Fr in tat, Rev Gerry,

My cats have been taking the liberty of strolling over my Prayer Book. Is this sacrilege of the worst kind? What is the appropriate remedy, and do I have to have the Book Blessed again before its use will be efficacious in my life?

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

Rev, I hope you will read this! I am unable to pray because of the abovementioned problem.

Eagerly awaiting your advice,

Nunc

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Ultraspike

Nope.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Joan
Oh my! My world is collapsing! Rev Gez, have you suddenly become Anglo-Catholic, and Real-Presence-ish, enshewing the Low apprehension of the Holy Eucharist as merely a memoric symbol???

But the true church (High Pentecostal-Reformed) has always (more or less) held that the sacraments (all 12 of them) have been given authority to trample he laws of nature into the dirt.

Just as Our Lord turned water into wine, so I and his other earthly stand-ins turn wine into blood. It doesn't go down so well at parties, but it's certainly pretty spooky.

--------------------

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

Rev, with all due respect, I do believe you're losing your touch.

--------------------

Father Gregory

Orthodoxy
# 310

- Posted      Profile for Father Gregory   Author's homepage   Email Father Gregory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Walking-One

Are you a heretic? Could we all be misled?

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Fr. Gregory
Find Your Way Around the Plot
TheOrthodoxPlot™

Posts: 15099 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sleeper
Shipmate
# 2103

- Posted      Profile for Sleeper   Email Sleeper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev,

Was it years of study or is it pure inspiration that leads to such majestic advice? How can I obtain this gift, can it be purchased? Compared to you I feel so inadequate I think I will resign from my church and become a hermit living on top of a pole in the desert, refusing to speak unless you help me to be more like you and get for me this gift of giving majestic advice.

Posts: 68 | From: The dark recesses of my mind | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Spike
Just recently, I found myself smiling in church. Now of course I realise that this is a sin but I need to know how to stop myself doing it. A friend suggested sticking a fork in my leg, but I don't think that's biblical. Do you have any holy suggestions to avoid this sinful behaviour?

Hmm. It's a tricky one, because for most people being in church is a cure for smiling in itself.

You are obviously thoroughly impervious to the things of God - unless, I suppose, it is an extremely mild outbreak of the Toronto Blessing. In which case, you must still be fairly impervious, having nothing more than such a late dribble of the Streams of Refreshing, when the rest of us were chortling, collapsing, pogoing and mooing for Jesus for many months about 7 years ago.

Still, better than nothing. Let me know how things develop, and if you start clucking.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Coot
I am so glad you're back. The sheep you entrusted to me. I didn't lose a single one of them. Well. Maybe one. Or a few. But not so many as you'd notice unless they were a relative.

Indeed you did well, O faithful Coot. For what more can be desired of a ministerial stand-in than that they get stuck in, start well, and then let the whole thing fall apart to show who really has the anointing?

I hope you liked the advice I give 'em. Maybe if you liked it a lot you could give me a promotion? I could really strut in a cassock and a surplice. Can I be your verger? It means I will mop up the toilets if someone sicks up in them like happened at Midnight Mass. Also I get to carry a verge which is a stick with a metal bit on the end for me to clear a path through the heathen as I walk before you.

I don't see why not. Sounds like a jolly good idea.

I shall seek the Lord over it. Ooh, there he is....

He says it's OK and you can start by going round the graveyard with a strimmer.

Thankyou Jesus. Amen.

Amen.

--------------------

Kerry
Shipmate
# 202

- Posted      Profile for Kerry   Author's homepage   Email Kerry   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reverend, could you explain exactly what the twenty-third line of the twenty-third chapter of the second book of the Bible is meant to mean in SIMPLE, PLAIN and RELEVANT terms WITH PARTICULAR RELEVANCE TO THE PROBLEMS I'M FACING - in particular, how exactly I wash out the dishwasher?

--------------------
I want a cool signature too....

Posts: 150 | From: Sheffield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Nunc
My cats have been taking the liberty of strolling over my Prayer Book. Is this sacrilege of the worst kind?

Yes.

What are you doing with cats around anyway? You obviously aren't familiar with chapter 17 of my recent publication The Lord Has A Case Against Harry Potter, which explains that cats a) have always been associated with witchcraft; b) are favourite guises for chape changing demons, and c) have satanic-style pointy faces.

You are therefore jeopardising your soul, your spiritual wellbeing and the longevity of all soft furnishings by having letting them in your house.

Fly from these agents of darkness, sibling, fly!

(Flying of course in a meataphorical, none witchcraftful way.)

What is the appropriate remedy, and do I have to have the Book Blessed again before its use will be efficacious in my life?

Well, a book's just a book, really, isn't it? It's not even as if it's a Bible or one of mine. I'd be more concerned about those so-called animals polluting your aura.

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

Your Excellency,

A friend recently asked me to help her to make up a song for a retreat she's helping to lead. I of course did my duty, and helped her with the lyrics, even when she requested that they be 'cheesy, childish rhyme scheme, with a good, rousing chorus'. However, she vetoed my verse about Jesus being the one true light, on the grounds that it was 'too serious'

Do I need to be washed in Holy Water? Or cleansed in any other way, after polluting my mind with such obscenities?

Yours faithfully, til the bitter end,

Viki

--------------------

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

*leaps onto broomstick (a Firebolt, of course) and flies from the demonic intrusion of cats in the house*

Rev, if I used the vacuum cleaner regularly enough, do you think they would soon get the picture (little buggers are scared ****less of the vacuum cleaner)?

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Sibling Gregory
Are you a heretic? Could we all be misled?

I have to say the second option sounds a lot more likely than the first.

[ 26 January 2002: Message edited by: Rev Gerald Ambulance ]

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

Anyone who despises cats is definitely a heretick.

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

quote:
[ 26 January 2002: Message edited by: Rev Gerald Ambulance ]

Your Holy Highness,

I'm shocked

You appear to be losing your touch, and making mistakes with the advice you give to others. Are you losing your touch? Should we find another whom the Lord will appoint and raise up to minister to us? Or should we just pray for you?

Viki

--------------------

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

No, I think it's just that he is becoming institutionalised. Power corrupts and all that...
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Or perhaps he should be institutionalized ...
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

Out of the depths I fly to you, O Rev:
Turn not the beneficience of thy magnanimity from me!

I um, have this thing for swords. BGF Swords red and hot and flaming - I borrowed Wood's a moment ago for the Harrowing of Heaven, and um... It's kind of, um, oh nevermind. I guess, um, ah, I should be confessing to having "borrowed" it, as I am not sure Wood knew at the time.

What should I do about my obsession with these sharp, hot instruments of, ah, death? What should I do about Wood? I doubt his sword will ever be the same...

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Ag
Was it years of study or is it pure inspiration that leads to such majestic advice?

Well done, Sibling Ag, for having such a positive attitude to the work of the Lord.

The answer to your noble question is both really. It is pure Spirit that runs through my anointed outpourings, undiluted by such fleshly mixers as 'opinion'. However, it is my years of ceaseless absorption by sacred writ that have made me such a pure channel for the voice of the Almighty.

How can I obtain this gift, can it be purchased?

Thy money perish with thee, for thou hast thought that the gift of God can be purchased with money!

If you truly desire the gift, then follow the infallible 12-fold path, set out most helpfully in my bestselling The Road to Anointment, £8.99 from RGA Ministries.

Compared to you I feel so inadequate I think I will resign from my church and become a hermit living on top of a pole in the desert, refusing to speak unless you help me to be more like you and get for me this gift of giving majestic advice.

And why not? Eremetic polesitting is a high and holy calling. Or a high one at any rate.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Kerry
Reverend, could you explain exactly what the twenty-third line of the twenty-third chapter of the second book of the Bible is meant to mean in SIMPLE, PLAIN and RELEVANT terms WITH PARTICULAR RELEVANCE TO THE PROBLEMS I'M FACING - in particular, how exactly I wash out the dishwasher?

Ah, so you have been trying a bit of bibliomancy, the ol' close your eyes and poke the holy page, to seek the will of God for your dishwasher - but cannot understand the text that has been vouchsafed unto you. Yes?

Did you get yourself into a spiritually receptive frame of spirit first? This is very important.

Light a candle, burn some Ol’ Romanian incense and put on some truly holy music - I almost always go for Let Me Be A Living Mountain by the Tim Splendid Worship Trio.

Then take up a Bible, and say this prayer with perfect faith:

Mighty God, ‘tis up to thee
Show me what thou’d’st say to me.

Open the Bible, and read the verse that your Spirit-guided eyes fall upon. If even this doesn't come up with a verse that can’t be made to fit your question, it just shows the woeful inadequacy of your faith. Either that or your question was too horrifyingly unspiritual for the Lord to answer. Either way, neither He nor I are in any way to blame.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Sarkycow
A friend recently asked me to help her to make up a song for a retreat she's helping to lead. I of course did my duty, and helped her with the lyrics, even when she requested that they be 'cheesy, childish rhyme scheme, with a good, rousing chorus'. However, she vetoed my verse about Jesus being the one true light, on the grounds that it was 'too serious'

Do I need to be washed in Holy Water? Or cleansed in any other way, after polluting my mind with such obscenities?

Well, I would never counsel against a good splash of holy water. But there's no need to do anything extreme. It sounds as if with your extra verse reinstated it could be quite an anointed song. Send me a copy and I'll prayerfully consider it for inclusion in Songs Of Siblinghood Book 11.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Nunc
Rev, if I used the vacuum cleaner regularly enough, do you think they would soon get the picture (little buggers are scared ****less of the vacuum cleaner)?

Well, of the record, yes, go for it. But I must warn you that I got into quite serious trouble with the RSPCA (godless animal-worshipping enemies of the way every one of them) for using a vacuum cleaner on cats.

Still I have to say it was one of the most successful and spectacular means of exorcism I've ever come up with, and it certainly persuaded the little beasts not to come back.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Ultraspike
Anyone who despises cats is definitely a heretick.

I think you'll find, oh thou wavering Qedeshah, that the word 'cat' does not appear once in the Scriptures - whereas cats played in important part in the demonic polytheism of Ancient Eqypt.

--------------------

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Father in Cod,

The pastor of my home church (you may know him - Revd Dr Neville Charabanc of the New Abudnant Joy and Life (Continuing) Fellowship) advised me not to read your column because of your failure to come out in support of his interpretation of the use of the semi-colon in Zecharaiah 14.2 Although I am sure he is correct, could you please explain why you disagree with him so violently (so violently, in fact, that it is alleged that you shoved a guitar down his throat during a praise session at Abundent Harvest Time 1984)?

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Sarkycow
Your Holy Highness

Good start.

I'm shocked. You appear to be losing your touch, and making mistakes with the advice you give to others.

Quite the opposite. It was a clear case of technological attack from the Enemy - which, as any fool knows (and a fair number of wise people too), means I must be ministering mightily, to so provoke him.

Are you losing your touch?

No.

Should we find another whom the Lord will appoint and raise up to minister to us?

No.

Or should we just pray for you?

No. Oh, all right go on then.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Nunc
I um, have this thing for swords. BGF Swords red and hot and flaming - I borrowed Wood's a moment ago for the Harrowing of Heaven, and um... It's kind of, um, oh nevermind.

What should I do about my obsession with these sharp, hot instruments of, ah, death?

There's nothing wrong (or right) with swords in themselves, it all depends what you do with it. (As the National Rapier Association would say, it's not swords that kill, it's people, though it is somewhat harder to disembowel someone with a spoon.)

It's how you use your sword that matters: e.g. putting to flight the enemies of God - good; massacring nuns at prayer - bad; slaying apocalyptic beasts - good; mass murder of babies and children - a grey area, depends whether they live in the Promised Land or not.

What should I do about Wood?

Well, I certainly wouldn't counsel putting him to the sword till I have some idea what you're talking about.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016