homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: The Rev Gerald Ambulance Guidance Column (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: The Rev Gerald Ambulance Guidance Column
Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rev Gerald Ambulance:
Ultraspike
Anyone who despises cats is definitely a heretick.

I think you'll find, oh thou wavering Qedeshah, that the word 'cat' does not appear once in the Scriptures - whereas cats played in important part in the demonic polytheism of Ancient Eqypt.

Who you callin' a wavering Qedeshah? Cat is the root word for catholic, in case you weren't aware, my dear Rev. And my cats are the most catholic cats you'll find anywhere. Anglocatholic to be precise.

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

Soulsaving supersonic spiritual celebrity
# 359

- Posted      Profile for Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Author's homepage   Email Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dyfrig
The pastor of my home church (you may know him - Revd Dr Neville Charabanc of the New Abudnant Joy and Life (Continuing) Fellowship) advised me not to read your column because of your failure to come out in support of his interpretation of the use of the semi-colon in Zecharaiah 14.2.

Well, this is just petty, isn't it? It is clear that a man has spirit of disunity if he can turn so nasty against his beloved siblings in the Lord over a mere issue of punc. crit. - especially when he has been clearly shown the damnable error of his opinion.

Although I am sure he is correct, could you please explain why you disagree with him so violently (so violently, in fact, that it is alleged that you shoved a guitar down his throat during a praise session at Abundent Harvest Time 1984)?

Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now.

Look, this incident has been grossly misrepresented to you. (I wonder who could have done that.) For a start it was a ukelele, which is significantly smaller than a guitar. What's more it is ludicrous to imagine that even a ukelele could be 'shoved down someone's throat'. What I actually did was to break it into pieces and make him eat them.

And might I also explain that what impelled me, justly and in love, to such disciplinary measures, was not so much the punctuational heresy itself, as his insistence whenever there was a lull in the worship to pipe up with his execrable hymnological micturation, 'The Lord Our God':

The Lord our God is pure and whole.
On his nose there is no mole.
On his grace there is no toll.
On his rule there is no poll.
On the end of Zechariah chapter 24 and verse 2 there is no semi-col-
On.

Ch. La la la la la la la la. Oi!

I rest my case. For the time being.

--------------------
If God had meant women to have longer names than men, he would have created Adam and Evangeline. - Rev. Gerald Ambulance (me!)

Posts: 219 | From: Lewisham | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Mr Ambulance,

Your reply - nay, your failure to response to the direct question - merely confirms what I had heard about from other sources, that you are possessed of the spirit of evasion and have been sorely deceived by the father of lies.

Brothers and sisters, I urge you to join me in casting out this vile malevolance! Place your hands on your monitor screens and pray with me now!

IN THE NAME OF JESUS...BEGONE!!

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Excuse me! Excuse me! Make way!

Sibling Dyfrig, The Revd Mr Ambulance gave me the verge for heathen of your ilk (But much classier than that photo. Like. Think of the Speaker's Black Rod. Or whatever. You know what I mean). And he gave me the authority to use it. I have no other choice but to clock you on the scone with it.

-Clock!-

Thankyou Jesus. Amen.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[there is a hollow thudding sound. A crumpled and slightly concussed heap on the floor speaks, pointing an index finger]:

She has a demon! The Australian has a demon of Antipodeanism! I rebuke you!

--------------------

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gambit

London Shipmeet King
# 766

- Posted      Profile for Gambit   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post 
Reverend Gerald/Sibling Coot (or whoever is reading and responding at the moment)

I...have a quandary

(Dramatic music)
Dun Dun DUUUUN
(/Dramatic music)

I regularly attend the Evening Praise service at a church because a friend of mine (who used to be the verger) persuaded me it was a "Mecca" (as it were) for what he described as "fit chicks". Of these, most are married and the one I dated and I have since parted ways, amicably but still parted.

Have you any ideas on how to persuade more single "fit chicks" to attend our Evening service?

Yours in antici...

...pation,

--------------------
There is a little bit of my mitral regurgitation that is forever yours.

Wiblog: Now being updated less than regularly (again).

Posts: 1105 | From: the best bar in Heaven | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Coot, you are under a serious delusion here. An enemy of our catlick friends is our enemy. Fly from this heretick -- fur is thicker than pap!

--------------------

Olorin
Shipmate
# 2010

- Posted      Profile for Olorin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Revolutionary Ambulance,

I have studied your threads in great detail (and very dapper they look too!), and have a couple of questions to tax your wisdom (or at least get me a 5% commission on it!).

Where did you get that silly name?
and,
less profound than questions of your origins (or legitimacy):
I despise my flatmate, and desire to beat her to death with her collection of nicky gumbel books. Is there a more biblical way of slaying a fellow christian, or at least a more painful one?
Yours insincerely,

[wood: can I borrow your sword for a little brutal impaling?]

--------------------
I wrestled with God, and lost by two falls & a submission.

Posts: 390 | From: Hammersmith, London | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Host hat on]

Ok, people. Stop casting demons out of each other, please.

In the first place, it causes a mess. You have all these homeless demons scuttling around leaving slime trails or burn marks everywhere, and before you know it, the HTML code of the Ship is all cacked up and the Ship's clock goes weird, and there are twelve posts in the Styx pointing this fact out the the Administrators who *already* know it.

In the second place, it disturbs the neighbors. The nasty little things (i.e. the demons, not the neighbors) are sure to get out and infect some other board, and before you know it, the hellhosts have three or four weird-ass threads dumpted in their laps because otherwise intelligent and sensible people suddenly lose their minds and begin posting tripe.

If you *must* cast demons out of other Shipmates, please bring along an animal or a bottle of gin or something to then cast the demon into so that it doesn't get.out.

Tidiness is a virtue. Even in Hell.

tomb
hellhost
[host hat off]

[After my bitter complaints on another thread about dangling participles and other misplaced modifiers, I thought it prudent to fix my own.]

[ 30 January 2002: Message edited by: tomb ]

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
The nasty little things (i.e. the demons, not the neighbors)

Tomb, are you sure the nasty little things aren't the neighbours? They were complaining about the noise when Carmel opened that
Christmas Party thread....

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah, SK, you picked up on the piece of my post that I edited for clarity.

Perhaps I should have let it remain linguistically ambiguous. More interest that way.

And like Carmel/Kieran whoever, I admit to having had neighbors who might be demon-possessed. Well I remember that time the summer between my freshman and sophomore years in college when a bunch of us impoverished undergraduates had rented an apartment for the summer and were rooming together under what had to be illegal conditions because of the population density, and some of my buddies threw me in the swimming pool and this little old lady called the police because she though a Riot was occuring and I got out of the pool dripping wet and fully clothed to confront the Tulsa S.W.A.T. team. One is not at one's best under such conditions.

But let us forget the excesses of our Youth and focus on those of our Middle Age. Lent is coming up, and we haven't planned the Mardi Gras party in Heaven yet.

My only conditions are that everyone has to wear green and purple and wear beads. Other than that, I'm easy.

tomb

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

tomb, how could we possibly let our hair down Up There, where everything is so prim and proper? I think it must be Down Here (well, not here exactly; I'm sure the Rev would not approve at all, tight-*** that he is). I thought we were going to your butt-freezing cabin.

--------------------

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

When this bloody Australian stops whacking me (ow) round the head with (ow) her BG Stick (ow ow ow), I'm coming after you. I've got bell, book and candle and I'm not afraid to use them! (owww)

--------------------

Steve_R
Shipmate
# 61

- Posted      Profile for Steve_R   Email Steve_R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

My only conditions are that everyone has to wear green and purple and wear beads. Other than that, I'm easy.

tomb, you really must be more careful about your typing, as we will all have understood from the ABC threads the word is beards not beads

--------------------
Love and Kisses, Steve_R

Posts: 990 | From: East Sussex | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Steve_R
Shipmate
# 61

- Posted      Profile for Steve_R   Email Steve_R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Coot:

The Revd Mr Ambulance gave me the verge for heathen of your ilk (But much classier than that photo. Like. Think of the Speaker's Black Rod. Or whatever. You know what I mean). And he gave me the authority to use it. I have no other choice but to clock you on the scone with it.

Coot your education into the use of the verge is, I fear, sadly lacking. Try this reference for details of the correct usage.

--------------------
Love and Kisses, Steve_R

Posts: 990 | From: East Sussex | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh my word! I'll dangle the end of the verge in the thurible. Oooh. White hot. And I'm meant to put it where? Sibling Dyfrig will really need our prayers and Gaviscon (Gaveston?) after that.

Thankyou Sibling Steve_R. Sometimes I fear the Rev Mr Ambulance leaves holes in my education.

Amen.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

quote:
Originally posted by Steve_R:
tomb, you really must be more careful about your typing, as we will all have understood from the ABC threads the word is beards not beads

No, Steven, it is, indeed, *beads.* The sort that one picks up at Mardi Gras in New Orleans after complying with requests to "show your --er, whatever."

Inasmuch as it is far too cold at the cabin right now (10 below F) recently to engage in such shenanigans, I propose everybody bring their own beads and just pretend they disrobed to obtain them.

Much more sensible.

And don't worry about the cold. We will have a nice fire going in the fireplace and in the kitchen. The outhouse will be ready. I have been saving the slick pages of the Sunday suppliments out of the newspaper in the absence of Montgomery Ward catalog pages for that special outhouse authenticity. If we run out, we can always use waxed paper, I suppose.

But everyone is right. We shall have to have to report our cabin celebration down here.

tomb

Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Coot:
Oh my word! I'll dangle the end of the verge in the thurible. Oooh. White hot. And I'm meant to put it where? Sibling Dyfrig will really need our prayers and Gaviscon (Gaveston?) after that.

I would think that the last think Sibling Dyfrig would want after the red-hot poker treatment would be the "ministrations" of Edward II's "favourite" Gaveston - my eyes water just at the thought. I'll put in one of these , but, frankly, the eyes just aren't big enough.

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Unfortunately the bit about the poker is mythical (but fun).

There is a folk band called "Edward II and the Red Hot Polkas"

L.

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

- Posted      Profile for Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Author's homepage   Email Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Louise

You speak for yourself, you depraved creature. I'm no prude, but I'll thank you not to tell us any more about your kind of 'fun'.
You can put that kind of well and truly behind you if you're going to stick around here. There's quite enough godless pollution on this thread already thank you.

--------------------
If God had meant women to have longer names than men, he would have created Adam and Evangeline. - Rev. Gerald Ambulance (me!)

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rev Gerald Ambulance:
here. There's quite enough godless pollution on this thread already thank you.

Your most Holy Highness,

This is no way for such a reverend man as yourself to speak about Sibling Coot. The poor thing is trying hard you know.

I shall pray for you.

Viki

(Can you take this dagger out of my back please? My vicar thrust it in on Friday, and it's really hard to sleep with it keep wiggling around back there!)

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by sarkycow:
My vicar thrust it in on Friday

Is this sort of thing allowed on Fridays?

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev Ambulance.

I noticed that the flock has gone considerably off the rails here... So I thought I'd bring the topic back...

I managed not only to burn my lamb roast to the texture of bootleather last night, but also managed to bake banana cakes today, the bottoms of which have fallen off. Should I be thinking about getting a new oven, or do I just need to cast the burn-demons out of it?

Nunc (ow ow ow I burnt my fingers! *blows on them and runs them under cold water*)

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Louise:

[tangent]Could you give a reference that debunks this "myth", because it seems very widespread, and presumably something killed him. I have heard on good authority that it wasn't the poker directly that did it, he died several weeks later of an infection caught as a result of the injuries.[/tangent]

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Mr Ambulance,

I feel led to draw your attention to the disgraceful goings -ons that have been going on whilst you have been occupied with the Lord's work elsewhere.

In order to compose myself into a suitably holy frame of mind for Sunday, I'm wont to scour the boards for inspirational material and good clean debate.

On logging on this evening I found a thread entitled Christian Underwear Rocks! Thinking it to be referring to those strengthening words in Paul's epistles I unkowingly clicked on the mouse - only to find myself in the Devil's grip!!

I shot up a couple of arrow prayers - but it was too late! I had already typed the word errr...under.... errr linger... I mean ahem ...ladies'.... K*****rs.

Rev Gerlad! What shall I do??? I'm a small, if slightly battered pillar of my local church. I'm a sidesperson! I help with the little ones! I'm on thecoffee rota for goodness sake! How can I ever live this down!

Rev Gerlad, Gerald. Lent is approaching. Will giving up chocoate be enough to rescue me from the fiery pits of Hell and whatever it is those benighted creatures whom you have entrusted to guard this thread have been brandishing around lately?

Yours in deep distress,

Miffy

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbell Ritchie
Shipmate
# 730

- Posted      Profile for Campbell Ritchie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Miffy, which of the many spellings of k******s was it?
CR

--------------------
The greatest problem about Christianity is that it condemns you to eternity with me.

Posts: 396 | From: Middlesbrough | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbell Ritchie
Shipmate
# 730

- Posted      Profile for Campbell Ritchie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, sh*t. I have sunk to depths never before plumbed.

I have posted on Rev Gerald Ambulance's column.

--------------------
The greatest problem about Christianity is that it condemns you to eternity with me.

Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
i'm confused...

ladies don't have knackers.

(unless, p'raps, they're from bankok.)

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Divinity Dan
Apprentice
# 2246

- Posted      Profile for Divinity Dan   Author's homepage   Email Divinity Dan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Campbell Ritchie:
Oh, sh*t. I have sunk to depths never before plumbed.

I have posted on Rev Gerald Ambulance's column.

You think you've got problems, Campbell Ritchie. This is my first week on board SOF and I actually posted on the "Christian underwear Rocks" thread. I'm out of control.

--------------------
Years from now, when you talk about this--and you will--be kind.

Posts: 18 | From: New Haven, Connecticut, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What have I done?!!! CR and DD - I was, of course referring to items of ladies' intimate aparrel.

(Does leading new members astray fall count as breaking one of the 10 Commandments?)

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miffy:
I shot up a couple of arrow prayers - but it was too late! I had already typed the word errr...under.... errr linger... I mean ahem ...ladies'.... K*****rs.

Tis nothing!

I heard a tale about a guy who was going to a toga-party. He has 12 helium-filled 'sex-dolls' (also dressed in togas) tied to his pickup truck. However he hadn't tethered them tightly enough, and they started floating away.

A couple were driving their car when they saw this sight. The woman thought that the man was Jesus, and that the Rapture had come. She jumped out of the moving car so that she would not be left behind.

I thought that this sounded like an Urban Myth, so I typed a few key words from the story into a search engine. I realised just in time that I had typed:

Jesus sex-dolls

I really did not want to see the outcome of that search!

So, clicking on knickers is hardly a major crime. If it still bothers you then go starch all of your knickers as a penance.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbell Ritchie
Shipmate
# 730

Miffy, it's worse than that. Think of the xonsequences. Look at my sig (at the present).
CR

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
babybear: Fortunately, some of us have no scruples about what we type into search engines. If you type "Jesus sex-dolls" into Google, here's the first thing you get:

yup - it's an urban myth

I suppose some might think I should be begging the good Rev's pardon for having dared to go where babybear did not, but since I hear from my cohort in crime that the good Rev STILL hasn't paid his tomb-tithe, I won't bother. The good Rev's pardons and absolutions are in fact not valid when his tomb-tithe is in arrears.

babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I stopped the google-search, and went to Snopes instead. I thought that they would know the ture lies about that story.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I did know it was an UM. Is it really a sin to bring temptation to a Hellhost?

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
Is it really a sin to bring temptation to a Hellhost?

Nah, more of a good deed for the day

And RuthW, tomb et al - will you eviscerate the Rev soon if he doesn't pay his tombtithe? Because you would probably recoup all your lost revenue if you charged people for the pleasure of watching... I'll sell the tickets if you like

Viki

--------------------

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

quote:
Originally posted by sarkycow:
....And RuthW, tomb et al - will you eviscerate the Rev soon if he doesn't pay his tombtithe? Because you would probably recoup all your lost revenue if you charged people for the pleasure of watching... I'll sell the tickets if you like

Viki

I seem to recall that you have attempted to establish similar franchises in the past.

It is probably inappropriate to enrich oneself so blatantly on the misery of others, however pleasant the experience might be.

Let's keep this as much a spectacle for the hoi polloi as possible. If the interest becomes unmaneagable, we'll have our people get in touch with your people.

tomb

[changed vocabulary to make the post more nasty]

[ 05 February 2002: Message edited by: tomb ]

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

quote:
It is probably inappropriate to enrich oneself so blatantly on the misery of others, however pleasant the experience might be.

Why inappropriate? I might possibly understand inadvisable, along the lines of they might try to kick my backside. I would, or course, have to floor them with my lethal wit But inappropriate?

And I'm only trying to earn an easy living. I ain't working hard if I can help it. Is that so unhellish of me? Nah, didn't think so

Viki

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

Yes, inappropriate. tomb's eviscerations are so entertaining to the general public, and he is such a generous soul, that he prefers to offer the spectacle free of charge.

Sheesh -- you've been in hell all this time, and you're still unclear on the concept of bread and circuses ...

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Yes, inappropriate. tomb's eviscerations are so entertaining to the general public, and he is such a generous soul, that he prefers to offer the spectacle free of charge.

Sheesh -- you've been in hell all this time, and you're still unclear on the concept of bread and circuses ...

Tomb generous? We talking about the same hellhost here? Anyway I'm at least making something from the tight-fisted so-and-sos who sit around in hell doing nothing all day! Well, while they're being tortured, they could at least *try* and make me some money. Is that too much to ask?

Yours grumpily,

Viki

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

Hey, this is Hell, baby. No matter what you ask, it's too much.
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

Guess I won't ask anymore, I'll simply tell y'all

Viki

--------------------

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

So where is the Rev hiding out these days? Did we actually exorcize him out of existence?

--------------------

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev,

I have this itch in an... unitchable place. Should I say 5 Hail Marys or simply ask someone to itch the itch for me? Is this the kind of thing that can be exorcised? Does it require fasting and prayer?

Or is it a symptom that I am beyond curable on the wide well paved road to the Other Place?

Anxiously awaiting your reply, (*scratch scratch*)

Nunc

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

quote:
Originally posted by Nunc_Dimittis:
Dear Rev,

I have this itch in an... unitchable place. Should I say 5 Hail Marys or simply ask someone to itch the itch for me? Is this the kind of thing that can be exorcised? Does it require fasting and prayer?

Or is it a symptom that I am beyond curable on the wide well paved road to the Other Place?

Anxiously awaiting your reply, (*scratch scratch*)

Nunc

He won't scratch it for you - I asked him before

Viki

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Gambit
Have you any ideas on how to persuade more single "fit chicks" to attend our Evening service?

I have already made the will of the Lord clear on the subject of intermarriage (and other stuff) between our feathered 'friends' and God's lovely humans. Depravity! Abomination! Godless filthiness!!

The athleticism of the said birds has got no bearing on the case.

Perfidy! Grossness and iniquity! Defilement!!

The only excuse for bringing them into church is to sacrifice them as a pleasing aroma unto the Lord, and Sunday dinner for the faithtful.

Ordure! Micturation! Vile uncleanlines!!

I hope this is helpful to you. If not, feel free to help yourself.

I don't myself detect any incoherence or such like diabolical interference in this epistle, but I should probably mention that I have spent the evening with my beloved sibling Fr Szbrovzhny investigating the litugical possibilities of various species of vodka, and so neither I nor the Lord can accept any responsibility for misleading sayings contained herein.

If you'll excuse me, I think I need to go to bed.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Olorin
Where did you get that silly name?

I was christened with it in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

Where did you get yours, you delinquent virago?

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

Rev Gerald,

Didn't Jesus tell us to 'render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's'? Namely that we should pay our taxes, tithes and other monies owed to the proper authorities? And yet RuthW and tomb assert that you haven't paid the tax for keeping open a thread in hell. Doesn't this put you in direct opposition to Jesus? Who's right, you or Him?

Viki

--------------------

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

Ok, Rev, where are you hiding? A trail of human devastation awaits your attention.

I fear that both Nunc and myself have been infiltrated/possessed/whatever you wish to call it by the dread spirit of inadequate foundationwear (take a peep in Tomb's cabin.)Marks and Spencer it aint!

Those feathers are giving me eczema. I daren't use the bathroom (chocolate having started to take effect) because some vile devil's brew is belching its way up the U-bend.) And nipping behind a bush isn't an option. A rather overfed cat appears to be mounting guard outside the front door.

If you don't put in an appearance pronto I'm never going to make it back home in time for Ash Wednesday.

Yours in even more utter despair,

Miffy

--------------------
Growing Greenpatches

SteveTom
Contributing Editor
# 23

- Posted      Profile for SteveTom   Author's homepage   Email SteveTom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nunc
I noticed that the flock has gone considerably off the rails here...

I'll be the judge of that my dear lay Sibling.
May I point out that for a flock to go off the rails it would have to be on it in the first place?

I managed not only to burn my lamb roast to the texture of bootleather last night, but also managed to bake banana cakes today, the bottoms of which have fallen off. Should I be thinking about getting a new oven, or do I just need to cast the burn-demons out of it?

Maybe one day, Sibling Nunc, my ministry will sink far enough below the level of anointment for me to resort to answering cookery problems. Till then may I point you towards Fr Nigel Twistleton's Claiming the Victory over your Microwave?

Ow ow ow I burnt my fingers! *blows on them and runs them under cold water*

Good Lord, how fast were you typing? Calm down, Sibling!

--------------------
I saw a naked picture of me on the internet
Wearing Jesus's new snowshoes.
Well, golly gee.
- Eels

Posts: 1363 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

Wrong sock puppet again, Jerry.

Better luck next time.

tomb

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016