homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: The Rev Gerald Ambulance Guidance Column (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: The Rev Gerald Ambulance Guidance Column
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev Ambulance.

There's this person I know who really needs some guidance. You see, he has this problem remembering who he is.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rev Ambulance,

I have the teensiest suspicion that you may have been defrocked.

Now you know what it feels like!

<waves bunch of burnt feathers around room with renewed determination>

Never fear, brothers and sisters. We'll soon smoke him out!

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

Soulsaving supersonic spiritual celebrity
# 359

- Posted      Profile for Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Author's homepage   Email Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Condescending sigh*

I have said shall no doubt have to say again, There is nothing remotely exciting about my use of an earthly amanuensis to deliver unto you my anointed utterances, and unfallible decrees.

If pseudepigrapha was good enough for SS Paul and Peter, I don't see why I shouldn't avail myself of its convenience.

After all, it matters not who brings the word of the Lord, as we who labour in the pulpit are mere empty vessels, irrelevant conduits to pipe the Word of Truth into the equally irrelevant receptacles sitting in the pews.

In the same way, it matters not who brings my word unto you, as long as it is mine, and not some counterfeit of human devising.

--------------------
If God had meant women to have longer names than men, he would have created Adam and Evangeline. - Rev. Gerald Ambulance (me!)

Posts: 219 | From: Lewisham | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

- Posted      Profile for Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Author's homepage   Email Rev. Gerald Ambulance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Miffy
Lent is approaching. Will giving up chocoate be enough to rescue me from the fiery pits of Hell and whatever it is those benighted creatures whom you have entrusted to guard this thread have been brandishing around lately?

No.

If your heart is truly weighed down with anguish in due proportion the abominability of your iniquity, then so should your penance be.

The words of Our Lord are clear. If your fingers caused you to type in sinfulness, then cut them off. Alternatively if it was in your head that the wickedness started cut that off instead.

Either way, I'm sure if it is the will of God all shall be restored unto you.

--------------------
If God had meant women to have longer names than men, he would have created Adam and Evangeline. - Rev. Gerald Ambulance (me!)

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Nunc
I have this itch in an... unitchable place. Should I say 5 Hail Marys or simply ask someone to itch the itch for me?

I think you can go a head with the latter, Sibling Nunc. The only unitchable place I am aware of on the outer body is between the lower shoulder blades, which is according to my Zones of Iniquity chart is one of the least hellish parts of the whole body.

If it's anywere else you either it is within you - in which case, yes proceed straight to exorcism - or you have unusually short arms, which I suppose is just a reminder how far short you fall of God's standards, who according to the Scriptures has very long arms indeed.

--------------------

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

# 359

Sarky
RuthW and tomb assert that you haven't paid the tax for keeping open a thread in hell. Doesn't this put you in direct opposition to Jesus? Who's right, you or Him?

My dear child, you have been led astray by false teaching and hollow thoughts. Is a protection racket the way of Christ? Did our Lord say unto St Peter "On this rock I shall build my mafia and the gates of St Ursula's High Pentecostal Reformed shall not prevail against it"?

No, sibling Cow. Or would you have me also paying this enemy of the Way not to micturate in the font, or not to put gunpowder in the thurible?

--------------------

babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rev Gerald Ambulance:
Olorin
Where did you get yours (silly name), you delinquent virago?

He pinched it from Gandalf while he was fighting the Bogroll.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rev Gerald Ambulance:
Did our Lord say unto St Peter "On this rock I shall build my mafia and the gates of St Ursula's High Pentecostal Reformed shall not prevail against it"?

Short answer: YES

Long answer: Well duh! Yes of course He did. And if you can't find it in your bible then it just shows how little you know of our Lord.

Viki

ps Does anyone know if we decided who actually was the One True Church(TM) yet? I could do with buying a dispensation or two

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
i don't sell them, sorry viki.

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Olorin
Shipmate
# 2010

- Posted      Profile for Olorin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
BB, thanks for spilling my secrets to the world. While you're at it you might as well tell Rev G that I'm not a virago, I'm a Sagittarius.

--------------------
I wrestled with God, and lost by two falls & a submission.

Posts: 390 | From: Hammersmith, London | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stooberry:
i don't sell them, sorry viki.

Well that's ok, because you ain't the One True Church(TM)! You don't serve coffee, and we all know how much God likes his morning cup of filter coffee

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Rev Gerald Ambulance,

I reminded of you in the Styx, where I happened upon +Rodrigo... And thought with relief that I at last might unburden my soul to someone.

You see, I seem to be causing conniptions and other distress disorders in several of your virtual flock, by virtue of certain dress choices. They seem to find it too overwhelming when I stalk into a room wearing fishnets, a black leather Victorian corset, suspenders, spiked dog collar, a black satin cloak, stiletto heeled thigh high boots (laced, of course), and with long black feathers trailing out of my hair.

I cannot help my dress sense (I would have thought Coot would understand, given the whole bird thing and all). Why should it be so scandalous?

What should I do to fit into this decent and goodly society? *bats long mascara-ed lashes*

Or is it them that should change?

Anxious and anguished,

Nunc

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

*bump*

Dear Rev,

Have you forgotten about us? Or did you die, like Simon?

Anyway, I have this grave and dire problem, and I don't know what to do! I have this gin bottle, and it's empty, what should I do? If I filled it with water, could my local priestpray over it, and transform it into Gin? Or would you have to pray? Or should I just buy another bottle?

I'm so confused [Help] [Confused] [Help]

Viki

--------------------

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well let's resurrect old threads....

I thought Rev Gerald was now doing something in the main magazine.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mister Rev., do you think it was unbibical for the USA to fight against the tyranny of GB? Or should we just have invited the King's men to sip some tea and crumpets with us, instead of throwing the whole batch and wasting it in the water in Boston?

Just curious. Thanks.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:
Well let's resurrect old threads....

I thought Rev Gerald was now doing something in the main magazine.

From the looks of it, not very much! [Wink]

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Empty gin bottle? I don't know what Rev Gerald would say - not having a clue what happens in that great mind - but from my perspective an empty gin bottle can only mean one thing. The gin bottle is empty.

as to what you should do? Buy 2 more: one for you and one for me. Bombay Sapphire. Why? cos those letters appear in the bible.

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

Rev Gerald - looks as if your presence is required over in Mystery Worship (run out of gin) [Eek!] and Heaven (in need of a few home truths) [Devil]

--------------------
Growing Greenpatches

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Forget that. The Rev. Gerald is out to start his own church, much good it will do him.

In the past, the Coot has functioned as curate. Inasmuch as the Cure now seems vacant (probably one of those dead pocket burrows they have in England, though God only knows who dug the holes in the first place) I nominate her to the Living.

Coot, what say'st thou? If you accept, I could even be persuaded to change the title of the thread.

Or perhaps you might wish to start your own thread, so as to dissociate yourself from the minimalist negligable curacy of your predecessor?

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Beenster:

as to what you should do? Buy 2 more: one for you and one for me. Bombay Sapphire. Why? cos those letters appear in the bible.

No, you are wrong. Buy one only and with the rest of the money buy a plane ticket and bring it to me.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Porter-Miller

Tiocfaidh Separabit
# 1459

- Posted      Profile for Robert Porter-Miller   Author's homepage   Email Robert Porter-Miller   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gerald

At least you're in hell for that's where you belong. I think you should take your head out of your arse and start addressing some real issues instead of pandering to other people's whimsical thoughts and ideas.

Perhaps Ambulance is a good surname for you - as you should be rushed in one to the nearest and most secure mental asylum.

Grrrrr........... [Flaming]

--------------------
It's a beautiful day - don't let it get away - Bono and the boys

Let's all "Release Some Tension"

Posts: 1231 | From: Washington, D.C. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The good Reverend's clientele will be pleased to know that he may be found on the main website (you do all remember that there is a main site, yes?):

Rev. Gerald Ambulance

You may seek guidance there. May God have mercy upon you - Rev. probably won't.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But Ruth, it's only too true: Rev Gerald has NO mercy on ANYONE. I have visited that page many times in the hope of gleaning more spiritual help. I emailed him copious times by clicking on the links.

All to no avail.

Lets face it: Rev Gerald Ambulance sets himself up as some agony aunt and then absents himself.

Yeah, up yours mate with a barge pole! Typical of these personality cult figures... I can't believe I was sucked into it for so long.

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All too true, Nunc, all too true.

But there are responses with dates in late May on the page to which I linked, while the Rev has not been seen in these parts since February.

So again, I direct all the Rev's acolytes, well-wishers, stalkers and assorted hangers-on to his pages on the main site.

Thread closed.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016