homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Worst possible advice for the newbie (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Worst possible advice for the newbie
obble
Shipmate
# 10868

- Posted      Profile for obble   Email obble   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Remeber that all shipmates believe in a literal interpretation of the whole bible, so there are points for working this fact into your posts. Extra brownie-points for posts which imply that anyone who believes in evolution is stupid, especially if completely irrelevant to the thread.

--------------------
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Posts: 1700 | From: Some other planet | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
bubblepack
Shipmate
# 10350

- Posted      Profile for bubblepack   Email bubblepack   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Constantly tell shipmates how much you love them. Stupid or misguided they might be, it matters not a jot. You love them to pieces now and always.

--------------------
Life is like Calamari. It's only the sauce makes it worth eating.

chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Remember you get thrown overboard if your proof texts aren't from the KJV. We have nothing to do with the so called 'modern translations' *shudder*

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you find you're losing an argument the appropriate course of action is to leave the Ship. You are not permitted to do this without starting a thread in hell explaining why the hosts are evil and naming shipmates who you believe are not in the Lamb's book of life.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Persephone Hazard

Ship's Wench
# 4648

- Posted      Profile for Persephone Hazard   Author's homepage   Email Persephone Hazard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrSponge2U:
shamelessly flirt on as many threads as possible.

Well, I dunno, it works for me...

[flutters eyelashes]

--------------------
A picture is worth a thousand words, but it's a lot easier to make up a thousand words than one decent picture. - ken.

Posts: 1645 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Remember that double and triple posting is a good way to quickly increase your post count, and make you look like a Long Term Shipmate.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Always defer to the Shipmate with the lowest member number. They have obviously been here longer and are far wiser than you are. Especially if that number is "2".

Except for those who bought their lower number. They know who they are.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Communicating prophecies vouchsafed to you personally by the Holy Spirit/Risen Lord/Virgin Mary is always well received.

Pointed application of the same to shipmates can easily be combined with general apocalyptic intimations ('ye generation of vipers' comes in handy here).

In short, nothing raises your standing on the Ship faster than a hotline to the Deity (and His immediate associates).

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Gallica officinalis
Shipmate
# 3886

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Gallica officinalis   Email Rosa Gallica officinalis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Never forget that all posters are chistians, but be especially gentle with RooK- he is struggling somewhat with the ordination selection process at present.

[ 19. July 2006, 19:53: Message edited by: Apothecary ]

--------------------
Come for tea, come for tea, my people.

Posts: 874 | From: The Hemlock Hideout | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grits:
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
If you agree with a post, especially a really lengthy one, don't just say you agree. Some shipmates have very short attention spans, and can easily forget who said what. Help them out by quoting the entire post in your reply, and adding "I agree" at the end.

No, no -- don't listen to him. If you agree with the preceeding post, you merely say, "What he/she said." But it is true that if you add the [Overused] smilie, it will earn you extra points.
What Grits said. [Overused]

Also, don't forget to occasionally say mean things to or about people while posting in Heaven. Fluffy Bunnies can use a little spice in life, Bless their Hearts.

When using smilies, remember that the favorites are [Projectile] and [Axe murder] . Use them frequently to make sure you're in good standing here.

[ 19. July 2006, 20:47: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Goodric

Shipmate
# 8001

- Posted      Profile for Goodric   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everyone likes Chic tracts on The Ship, why not back up an argument or two with them.

--------------------
Happy Christmas Everyone You can find me here

Gone to a better place.

Posts: 7160 | From: You all know anyway | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you come across the notorious "let's offend" thread in the circus *ick* then be sure to condemn the trash who post such slanderous filth on it, and start a hell thread about how blind the hosts were to it. Then apologise with something like "Don't worry, hosties, just thought I'd save you the trouble-I know it's hard to do your job properly, but I'm here now, and I can help. God bless Erin! [Smile] [Biased] [Razz] [Cool] [Angel] [Yipee] [Axe murder] [Votive] "

Never underestimate how stupid some people are here, it's your job to sort us out!

--------------------
It is so hard to believe, because it is so hard to obey. Soren Kierkegaard
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
- Certain posters have little weight or bearing on the life of the Ship. Feel free to ignore and disparage these people. They include Erin, Simon, Josephine, Sarky Cow, Dolphy, Pyx_e...
amongst others.

- Give us updates from your blog - we loooove reading blogs [Axe murder] , and find they really help keep the discussion moving...

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
David
Complete Bastard
# 3

- Posted      Profile for David     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zorro:
Never underestimate how stupid some people are here, it's your job to sort us out!

Page 1 of the hosting manual.
Posts: 3815 | From: Redneck Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One liners are greatly appreciated, and do wonders for your post count.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

As do double posts.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
WTFWED?

KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Make sure you apologize for your double posts, even though people know those mostly happen through accident. But apologize anyway. Lots of times.

Then start inane arguments with shipmates over minutae, such as asking Campellite when he'll realize pork is not BBQ, beef brisket is.

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not "brisket", it's "biscuit", and it's not made of beef, it's made of flour, butter and sugar.

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When replying, do not, under any circumstances, post anything remotely relevant to the OP or the title of the thread.

When you create new threads (which you should be doing at least as often as your reply to other threads), make sure your title is completely cryptic, and unrelated to your OP.

Correct every spelling and grammatical error in other people's posts. Such errors indicate that the poster is really very stupid, but by you always pointing them out, other posters will have a chance to get smarter. Consider it your Christian duty.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chive:
If you find you're losing an argument the appropriate course of action is to leave the Ship. You are not permitted to do this without starting a thread in hell explaining why the hosts are evil and naming shipmates who you believe are not in the Lamb's book of life.

Having done this you can then return to the Ship 24 hours later. Nobody will mind and you will have gained respect for your principled action in leaving.

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Remember that posting in heaven is always light and fluffly, so say whatever you like about other there, as no offence will be taken. If you want to be especially forthright in your attempts to help other shipmates, make sure you include the [Axe murder] smilie.

If you find that Erin is failing to understand your contributions to the ship, you can always take it up with David, who will listen patiently to your complaints about Erin.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Above all, remember that Ship of Fools is not a "real" community, it's just a ragbag of pathetic, self-important wankers terrified of RL and incapable of any real social interaction. Make sure you treat the people here with contempt and dismiss any points they try to make as juvenile and worthless.

Now, here's a little-known secret: Treat everyone who completely agrees with you as your new best friend. Anyone who disagrees with you, even by the slightest, is your enemy, thus to be attacked repeatedly.

Make double sure to never, ever address the points made by the counter-attackers and accuse them of the very thing they're accusing you of.

Works every time.

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Be personally offended when someone criticizes something about a group you belong to or even something about another individual in your group: men, women, Anglo-Caths, Con-Evos, Yanks, Brits, Aussies, Canadians, RCs, Chrismatics, Orthodox, clergy, tat queens, alt worshippers, lawyers, health workers, teachers, engineers, or people with any kind of physical infirmity. The opportunities for personal offence are endless and one can remain comfortably in a constant state outrage with almost no effort at all.

My own personal favorite is getting POed at people who DARE tell people of my gender what kind of vocation to have or not have. Nevermind that I myself would not for a moment consider myself suitable for any of the positions whose criticism sets me off. ( [Hot and Hormonal] mea culpa)

ETA: KenWritez:
quote:
Above all, remember that Ship of Fools is not a "real" community, it's just a ragbag of pathetic, self-important wankers terrified of RL and incapable of any real social interaction.
Hey! I resemble that remark. [Paranoid]

[ 20. July 2006, 08:03: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chapelhead:
quote:

Having done this you can then return to the Ship 24 hours later. Nobody will mind and you will have gained respect for your principled action in leaving.
And you get to be in my Book : "Goodbye Cruel World." 124 pages and counting.

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
obble
Shipmate
# 10868

- Posted      Profile for obble   Email obble   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Remember you get thrown overboard if your proof texts aren't from the KJV. We have nothing to do with the so called 'modern translations' *shudder*

The bible was dictated to it's writers as the KJV; therefore it is also far more reliable than the older greek and hebrew texts, which we were only given to test us.

--------------------

Goodric

Shipmate
# 8001

- Posted      Profile for Goodric   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everyone likes an annoying sig - something akin to digital irritable bowel syndrome.

--------------------
Happy Christmas Everyone You can find me here

Gone to a better place.

Posts: 7160 | From: You all know anyway | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Given a choice between a thread title which succinctly describes the topic and one that will produce some good "Famous Last Posts" (if the right people can be inveigled to post), go for the latter every time. After all, people can find out what the thread is about by reading it.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

quote:
Originally posted by Goodric:
Everyone likes an annoying sig - something akin to digital irritable bowel syndrome.

If you don't have the wit to think up a really good sig, make sure that you put something in your sig line that makes it clear that you are above all of this stuff.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

quote:
Originally posted by Goodric:

If you don't have the wit to think up a really good sig, make sure that you put something in your sig line that makes it clear that you are above all of this stuff.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Always hit the "Add reply" button twice - just in case it didn't submit the first time.

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
obble
Shipmate
# 10868

If you can't think of anything new to say, just copy and paste something someone else posted elsewhere. No one will notice.

Also, If a discussion has developed from where it started, it should always be brought back to the topic of the OP by repeating stuff that was said near the start of the thread.

--------------------

Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

- Posted      Profile for Custard   Author's homepage   Email Custard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Remember that no-one is allowed to criticise you or anything you say unless they are in exactly the same position as you.

--------------------
blog
Adam's likeness, Lord, efface;
Stamp thine image in its place.

Posts: 4523 | From: Snot's Place | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Newman's Own
Shipmate
# 420

- Posted      Profile for Newman's Own     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Remember that the 'back button' on your browser has no use, and that you do not have any ability to select on which threads you participate, or to skip those in which you are not interested, or to not read contributions from those you find troubling. Then, when you return to a thread which contains views with which you disagree or find upsetting (apparently there is a law somewhere that you must do so), go into a rant, accuse the people who are discussing a matter of every ill in the church going back to the first century, and, most important of all, post at length, with great online sobbing and many smileys, 'hosts! close this thread!'

If you begin a thread, and one respondent has answered with information you find useful, ask that the hosts close the thread at once before any discussion can proceed.

--------------------
Cheers,
Elizabeth
“History as Revelation is seldom very revealing, and histories of holiness are full of holes.” - Dermot Quinn

Posts: 6740 | From: Library or pub | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Choose your new thread topic with care. Make it about some highly significant local event, politician, community value or similar. But don't give any identifying clues as to the whereabouts or context of you or the post. It is always fun to make other shipmates guess as to what/who is pressing your buttons. Even if no-one but you has heard of them before.
Should they guess incorrectly, and display their ignorance because they are from another country, teach them right from wrong by denying the validity of their country, experience, skill or knowledge. Express stunned amazement that their life journey, in another culture, is different from yours.
Particularly deny the existance of many time zones on the earth. Always expect prompt answers on your thread, and forget that half of the Ship is actually asleep as you type. After all, if we really, really, really cared about you we would stay up day and night to post on your thread.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

quote:
Originally posted by MSHB:
Always hit the "Add reply" button twice - just in case it didn't submit the first time.

Doh! Sorry everyone.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Never apologise. Ever, after all, you're chosen by The Lord, to tell us all how screwed we are.

BTW-PM's are a great way of personalising your message of hope. Get a document sorted, copy and paste into a PM, send it, and voila, Erin, RooK and RuthW all know just how much you love them, God loves them, and just how damned they are if they don't repent immediately.

--------------------
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Should anyone post something you do not agree with, it is probably because they have not read your favorite book, and would immediately receive enlightenment should they do so.
If, for example, there is a thread on the importance of preserving worship traditions, be sure to post a link to books that counter such foolish thoughts, such as Sacred Cows by Bill Easum, or this one by Michael Foss or just about anything by John Shelby Spong.

Once they see how widely you are read, and read some of your favorite books, they will of course realize how foolish their deeply held beliefs have been.

[ 21. July 2006, 15:35: Message edited by: Crackers & Goat Cheese ]

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

It is important to remember that all material available on the internet is freely available for use. So if someone else makes your point well, copy a large chunk from their site into your post.

Similarly, most shipmates don't get emails, so anything you recieve via email that might uplift other shipmates should be pasted into a post.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

quote:
Originally posted by KenWritez:
Then start inane arguments with shipmates over minutae, such as asking Campellite when he'll realize pork is not BBQ, beef brisket is.

Brother KenWritez, in all Christian charity and love, may I remind you that unless it has a curly tail and a squeal, it cannot be BBQ. Those beef dishes may be quite delicious, and I might even ask for seconds, but it is not BBQ.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
WTFWED?

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If somebody does not agree with you, it is only because they are not listening.

And be sure to do a "Good-bye Cruel World" Speech more than one time. The 2nd time around is better, 3rd time around is a charm. People will delight in you coming back and kvetching some more!

Be sure to talk about those stupid Yankees, Limeys/Poms, Cheese-Eaters, Vegemite Eaters, Don Cherry Lovers or whomever you are diss-pleased with. Diss diss diss is all you need to do in hell!

Be sure to feel whatever Part of Christianity you belong to gives you super powers...and that the whole ship will agree with whatever you say! Even if it is $@*7ing! stupid. Since this board has a lot of Liberals, it is ok to bash all conservatives and go on wild tangents with tin foil hats. If you are Conservative, make sure you try to belittle everyone in their belief systems. Then bring your friends from another board and see if you can stir the pot.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

...you will make sure to proof-text often, won't you?

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

If you find people not following the rules of the circus to the letter, then the common course of action is to start a hell thread naming and shaming the offender.

--------------------

ToujoursDan

Ship's prole
# 10578

- Posted      Profile for ToujoursDan   Email ToujoursDan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And be sure to carry dead horse arguments onto other threads.

If someone who is gay wants to find a gay friendly parish or a holy union liturgy, make it your duty to remind them that the are a uniquely evil sinner and that cannot be a Christian if they think differently. Or if a woman is seeking help in discerning a call to ordained ministry remind her that Paul tells her to shut up and know her place.

Prooftext liberally.

--------------------
"Many people say I embarrass them with my humility" - Archbishop Peter Akinola
Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/toujoursdan

Posts: 3734 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ToujoursDan:

Prooftext liberally.

????????????????????????????? [Confused]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
Always defer to the Shipmate with the lowest member number...Except for those who bought their lower number.

At your own risk, Buckwheat. At your own risk.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

If you find a shipmate who you agree with, follwo them around the ship, posting some nice encouraging message after everthing they post. They will appreciate it.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Schroedinger's cat, that is so true [Smile] [Smile]
You put it so well!
[Axe murder]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
Always defer to the Shipmate with the lowest member number...Except for those who bought their lower number.

At your own risk, Buckwheat. At your own risk.
Now you've done it. If you hadn't said anything none of the newbies would any the wiser.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
WTFWED?

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Always assume that everyone knows exactly what you mean, no matter how badly you express yourself in writing.

Be sure to use "all" "nobody" "everybody" "always" "never" a lot for dramatic effect. Throw in a lot of very broad generalizations (crosspond wars are very popular on the Ship). Everyone knows what you meant. Anyone who takes you at your word (and/or doesn't understand what you meant) is just being a big meanie head and picking on you. (And picking on you because they're down on men/women/liberals/conservatives/whatever you are.)

Charlotte

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
Try disrupting various threads all over the board like spam, avoiding hell for awhile...try not to make sense and have an agenda just to disrupt and being cruel. This may result in people waking up to things you deem crucial to them in their walk on earth.
1) Salvation (how to get to heaven)
2) Losing weight for fatties
3) Capitalism
4) Socialism
5) DEAD HORSE SUBJECTS (please, DO ignore the dead horse area...do not graze around there and get caught up with things).

Oh, do make a point of saying "I did not bother to read this entire 18 page thread before posting since what i have to say is too important for me to keep it to myself, but what you all have discussed is too unimmportant for me to even peruse." MAKE SURE you post something after saying that that somebody else has written already!

Oh, and when you do get to posting in hell, feel free to be irrational and not have any point to any debate in hell. Just cuss a lot and say nasty things, then you'll be cool!

Remember, you need to be cruel to be kind! [Cool]

Quote entire posts (the longer the better) and then make a one- or two-sentence response to something somewhere in the middle.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016