homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Worst possible advice for the newbie (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Worst possible advice for the newbie
art dunce
Shipmate
# 9258

- Posted      Profile for art dunce     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
kenwritez:

quote:
A good topic is to belittle RooK's abilities as an engineer, artist and thinker.
I can attest to this one [Biased]

--------------------
Ego is not your amigo.

Posts: 1283 | From: in the studio | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You can always think up a lot of OP's about sex.

Sex and the Christian. Sex and the Priest. Sex and the Choirboy. Sex and the Organ. Sex Before Communion. Sex After Communion. Sex During Communion.

The Missionary Position. The Vacation Bible School Position. The Consistory Position. The Baptistery Position. The Vestry Position. Sex In A Vestry.

What is the Proper Christian Attitude about Sex? What Kind of Sex do the Inhabitants of Hell Have? Is There Sex In Heaven? Is There Sex In Purgatory? Is There Sex in the Presbyterian Church?

Yeah, that'll get you right in there as a Valuable New Shipmate. Lots and lots of Sex.

(eta: Brings new meaning to the idea of "pounding the pulpit"...)

[ 25. July 2006, 03:26: Message edited by: Janine ]

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

- Posted      Profile for Corpus cani     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You've been giving this quite some thought, haven't you Janine? Anything you want to talk about..?

Cc

--------------------
Bishop Lord Corpus Cani the Tremulous of Buzzing St Helens.

Posts: 4435 | From: Trumpton | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If yo usee a hell call that you have no other interest in, offering to sell refreshments is a good idea - I'm surprised no-one has thought if it before!

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corpus cani:
You've been giving this quite some thought, haven't you Janine? Anything you want to talk about..?

Cc

Janine's relentless campaign to "Bring Back T'n'T" continues.

I see two possible outcomes; a (very) Private Board or a warning (or worse) for crusading.

Oh and dear Newbies, if you do have a hobbyhorse, ride it all over every board, thread and cafe conversation. Everyone will be so impressed by your determination.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

- Posted      Profile for Corpus cani     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you can't think of anything new to say, just copy and paste something someone else posted elsewhere. No one will notice.

Cc

--------------------

Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by someone else but I'm not going to say who:
If you can't think of anything new to say, just copy and paste something someone else posted elsewhere. No one will notice.

[ 25. July 2006, 10:12: Message edited by: Ferijen ]

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Threads in Purgatory or Kerygmania which you find upsetting can surely be brought under control by a post consisting entirely of proof-texts. (Epistle to the Hosts 2:15) Behold, it is written in the book of Jasher. (Epistle to the Pedants 17:3) Everyone follows such arguments automatically, because they consist entirely of the Word of God. (Book of Gödel 3:14) Anyone who attacks such a post is rejecting the Word of God, and has no place on a Christian website. (Book of Angst 22:7)

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you are not getting enough, constantly discussing it on every thread might make up for it. Or get you in touch with some other nympho.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
If you are not getting enough, constantly discussing it on every thread might make up for it. Or get you in touch with some other nympho.

Getting enought what Mr Cat?

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
FreeJack
Shipmate
# 10612

- Posted      Profile for FreeJack   Email FreeJack   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You tell us Miss Daisies!

[Hot and Hormonal]

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
quote:

Dietary fibre.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
quote:

Dietary fibre.
Oh, and has anyone mentioned extended nesting quotes? Those will show everyone how good you are with the quote function.

[ 25. July 2006, 19:47: Message edited by: Campbellite ]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
obble
Shipmate
# 10868

- Posted      Profile for obble   Email obble   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If a thread you like seems to be sinking down the board, posting a few lines which don't actually say anything will send it back up to the top without needing you to actually turn your brain on...

--------------------
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Posts: 1700 | From: Some other planet | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dead horses is to be regarded as a list of topics which are cutting, divisive and appealing, we never bore of them. Keep starting either direct copies of Dead Horses threads, or threads loosely based on them.

Also remember that real men don't use preview post. People admire your honesty in bad spelling and code, rather than those wimps who use preview post to alter their ideas. Really preview post is an example of indirect censorship on the boards [Biased]

--------------------
It is so hard to believe, because it is so hard to obey. Soren Kierkegaard
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

quote:
Originally posted by Ferijen:
quote:

I think the above comment should be carefully noted.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Lowly Worm

Ship's Annelid
# 11663

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Worm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ferijen:
quote:

I think the above comment should be carefully noted.
What he said.

--------------------
"Be here now, be somewhere else later. Is that so difficult?" - David Bader

Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's also customary when looking at long threads (say, 5 pages or more) to not bother reading the earlier posts, but instead state ina forceful, hostile manner, your opinion. When Erin says that it's already been said, just say "well to be honest, I couldn't be bothered reading all the posts up until now," people will understand completely and take particular note of your uncompromising stance on your opinions, and your belief that we should never tire of hearing about them.

--------------------
It is so hard to believe, because it is so hard to obey. Soren Kierkegaard
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

I could manage Thursday evenings between Michaelmas and Candlemas, but not until 8 pm. Do they do food?

Cc

--------------------

Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

And don't forget to miss the edit window when you post on the wrong thread: Shippies will find your double posts endearing.

Corpus

--------------------

FreeJack
Shipmate
# 10612

- Posted      Profile for FreeJack   Email FreeJack   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corpus cani:
And don't forget to miss the edit window when you post on the wrong thread: Shippies will find your double posts endearing.

Corpus

And of course triple posts are even more endearing.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016