homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Taking offence where none was intended... (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  39  40  41 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Taking offence where none was intended...
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well now, I thought we were living in more enlightened times than to be so disrespectful to the deeply-held convictions of animated aquatic birds. Come back and talk to us when you've learned to coexist with others of all religious persuasions and none.

[Bollocks! Another cross post - two in a day! Damn you, QLib for not only beating me to the punch but for having the same punch line!]

[ 05. April 2012, 22:32: Message edited by: Imaginary Friend ]

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
QLib and IF - I am offended you do not recognise that 'gormless and gullible' is meant in a kind, caring and Christian way - I am merely Speaking the Truth in Love.

And in that same spirit I suspect you are party to the computer-desk scam.

Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's just insane. How dare you speak the truth in love, when you could just as easily speak flattery in love? Nobody asked for your "truth."

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And who are you to make judgements about sanity? As a Geek you will of course have a vested interest in such matters but this does not qualify you to make judgements.
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Geeks in vests? Are you smoking loco weed? The only geeks in vests I see are in big box stores. And many of them are pseudo geeks.

Please check your facts before posting for all the world to see.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You want facts? That's Pandora's Box well and truly blown open. Shame on you. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
IF, that is just staggeringly insensitive. We all know that jedijudy has so, so much to be ashamed of, but do you see us rubbing it in her face? No, you don't. That's because some of us understand the meaning of charity.

I suggest you dust off your pocket New Testament and give it a long overdue read. Start with Romans 13. [Tear]

[ 06. April 2012, 02:50: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oooooh, get her. The Bunny is proof-texting!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm offended, Mama, that you should poke fun at the bunny like that - at least she is proof-texting, which shows there are mental skills there that we never knew she had!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh Look. Bunny can open a Bible and pick out random verses; 3-headed monster is impressed.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well aren't you the hoighty-toighty one, speaking for everyone else as if you could read their minds.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And you can't? Oh, right, you just act like you can. Nevermind.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
{Psst, AA, you're supposed to act like he offended you somehow, not just thumb your nose at him.]

[How pitiful is it that I have to remind a circus Host of the hallowed rules of Offense, given it is in the actual title. And as if I haven't enough things to do. ]

[Braces self for AwkwardArtless insult.]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm offended, but frankly not much surprised, you should parenthesise your whole post but then it means that you haven't said anything - and you haven't!

Well done!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, well, well, any shipmate called FRANK would be mightily offended by your random use of his or her name in your post (above). Not that I know or indeed care if we have a poster by that name... But it is the principle that matters.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

So, the Franks of this world are beneath your notice. [Disappointed] It is a decent and honourable name and I am saddened that you would use it merely as a means of reproach.
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by justlooking:
So, the Franks of this world are beneath your notice. [Disappointed] It is a decent and honourable name and I am saddened that you would use it merely as a means of reproach.

Hmph! Crawl back to polish your mirror, you narcissistic fool. I am here to speak up for all two pages of Franks in the membership directory, especially this
prolific poster of happy memory.

Buttinski!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

Put your glasses on you myopic fool! I was also speaking up for the Franks if you'd bothered to read.

[ 06. April 2012, 09:48: Message edited by: justlooking ]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm a vegetarian so object most strongly to any comments on Franks, even though they have no discernible meat in them!

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Vegetarians! Why are vegetarians like Wodders thought to be sooo sensitive to living things but no one thinks of the slaughter of plants: slashed down by giant grain harvesters, pulled up by the roots, or viciously pruned. My feelings are bruised at every single meal by the thought of my culinary atrocities. I'm offended by Wodders' thoughtlessness.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

You still manage to eat the planty things though in spite of the [Waterworks] I am offended by Crocodile tears!

[ 06. April 2012, 13:20: Message edited by: justlooking ]

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You want poor Wodders to starve, I suppose?

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

La vie en rouge, whilst I am touched by your concern I don't remember appointing you as my counsel in this matter and your obvious assumption that I need your support is downright offensive.

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I really do think that people who speak wanton French are just showing off....

--------------------

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Yeah, all we needed was for Rowen to show up to drag us right down the Smut Highway. Who do you think you are, woman, introducing the subject of wantons? And don't you think Wod has been called that enough for one lifetime?

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

What's wrong with Smut Highway? The view is... um... stimulating, so your prudishness is quite ironically offensive.

--------------------
Brian Clough

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Just exactly what do you mean by "ironically," Imaginary I Thought You Were My Friend?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Kelly, can I recommend you acquire, by some means that we'd better not discuss, a dictionary? I am sure you will find it helpful so you no longer have to ask people what they mean all the time in that offensive manner.

[ 07. April 2012, 03:13: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

Are you suggesting to our innocent little bunny that she might acquire a dictionary in some ignoble way? She would not even know how to plan such a deed... shame, sir, shame....

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Rowen, whilst I applaud your attempt to defend our sister Bunny I am offended and appalled by your lack of perception of her real character as it has been so clearly demonstrated on these boards.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I am not so much offended by the desperate crushes you all seem to have on me-- y'all just can't seem to climb down off the Bunny-- but it is kind of making me uncomfortable. I like you all, but I don't like like you. Please don't take it personally.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kelly, what an exalted opinion of yourself, to even *suggest* that others need a ladder to climb down off you. That you should, literally, belittle your fellow shipmates is shockingly arrogant. I am appalled, yea, appalled.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

An accurate assessment of one's self worth is hardly arrogance, hon. Why should everyone enjoy my spectacular fabulousness but myself? I resent your attempts to hinder my personal growth.

(Holy God, I just channeled Miss Piggy.)

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

Kelly, many of us are wiser and more experienced in life... You need to let us help you instead of shutting yourself away from our pastoral care and support...

--------------------

justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

"..... more experienced in life". Are you calling me old?

I may be entering upon my golden years but that doesn't mean I have nothing better to do than offer pastoral care to a rabbit.

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I find your use of the word 'old' almost as offensive as your assumption that it's an undesireable label. Those of us who are temporally challenged prefer 'mature' or 'seasoned'.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

"us" you say? Do you presume to speak for the whole of the older generation? Your own preferences of 'mature' and 'seasoned' are entirely adequate but cannot encaspulate the breadth of experience of the world's elders. Indeed, redolent as they are of wine and cheese, they betray a narrow and very possibly privileged experience of life.
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

I find your implied references as to who may or may not be an alcoholic on the ship to be rather distressingly offensive... Even to those who are addicted to eating too much cheese. These people need to be helped, not judged, implied or otherwise

--------------------

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Too much cheese? Who, pray, are you to say how much cheese a body should consume? There's far 'too much' of this sort of thing nowadays. Please stop it immediately.

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The Bean is back! Still dictatorial I see and bossing people about but then what did we expect?

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What do we expect? Posters now have to conform to your projections of them? [Disappointed]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Eek!]
Nobody told me we were going to be projected! How offensive that someone has made a slideshow of shipmates, and they will make sure the whole world sees us.

I stomp my foot at you.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

You're only going to bother to make a sideshow? I had assumed that 'projection' was referring to the full cinematic treatment - CGI and everything - to be displayed at full size on the silver screen. A mere slideshow is offensively paltry by comparison.

--------------------
Brian Clough

justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

Times are hard. Who are you to scoff at the humble pleasures of the poor? Let me tell you, a nice slideshow followed by a glass of light ale and a packet of pork scratchings constitutes a good night out for many.
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Light ale and a packet of pork scratchings? Aren't we la-di-da? I suppose you think asking for a light ale and a packet of pork scratchings makes you one with the people. There are some people who would count themselves lucky if they got even one pork scratching.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

You folk clearly don't understand the need to eat healthy food. Yes, folk like you are a drain on the nation's underfunded health system, with your poor choice of ale and scratchings.
Why don't you eat apples or something?

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I beg your pardon. Apples? Really? Have you ever seen what apples do to my tender tummy? Obviously not, or you would do everything in your power to keep them away from me. Why don't you suggest something like, oh, shrimp and crab legs? Or maybe a nice tenderloin?

Some people.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Some people, indeed - particularly those that mention the eating of rotting flesh from our four legged friends!

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh right, then. Only the four legged friends? Anti-crustacean.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

And none of you have had the grace to mention God's own liquid.... glorious, clean water... Free, healthy, beautiful....

No, all of you want processed unhealthy things in your sickly bodies...

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  39  40  41 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016