homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Taking offence where none was intended... (Page 22)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  39  40  41 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Taking offence where none was intended...
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
CK, I am shocked to think that you have sunk so low as to flaunt your materialism here. Is not love more than money?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not to take sides-- OK, I'm taking sides-- but we're not talking about love, we're talking about kisses. I don't know about CK, but my standards are pretty high in that department. So if someone is going to go around claiming their kisses match the gold standard, I want to see about 10-12 letters of reference to back this claim up.

[ 04. July 2012, 21:03: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You really do think I'm an idiot, don't you, Alvesy? You demand 10-12 letters of reference and don't think a penguin can count up and realise that the word "reference" actually only has nine letters. How precisely do you expect anyone to fulfil a challenge which simply cannot be done? Hmmmm? Even a double-letter-score doesn't exactly double the number of letters, you know.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
You really do think I'm an idiot, don't you, Alvesy?

You're deliberately baiting me.

If there's not something in the 10c's about that, there should be.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm offended that in over 7 hours nobody has found Kelly offensive - not only is that amazing, I am sure that it is also statistically impossible!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Laziness, laziness, laziness, pervades our society. [Disappointed]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Judging us by your failings, dear heart?
Some of us have lives to lead. Some of us were sleeping, resting from our labours.. Some of us have far better things to do than hover over our keyboards. Granted, not many of those on this thread, but some of us.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Heart? Dear Heart!?!?

Do I have a rival in seeking Kelly's affections or are you being sarcastic?

Either way, sirrah, [water]pistols at dawn!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another hiatus. I suppose they're asleep in California. Kelly (dearheart? sweety-pie? Nah, you don't have horns) I'm concerned for your blood pressure. I have a repeat prescription for Atenolol 50mg if you're interested.

As for you, three-heads, I'm so upset that you want to give poor Dawn a soaking. Do we know her? Some poor unsuspecting innocent who's stumbled into this den of offence all unawares, I imagine. Shame on you, sir.

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Yaknow, Beano, some of us were slaving away over a hot term paper all freaking morning, and just didn't have the time to worry about what nasty, rotten, despicable insinuations the putrid lot of you were making. When I gave it a moment's thought, I just told myself "the usual" and went on with life.

Must I always be here to hold the hand of the collective group consciousness?

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kelly, if you're not going to try harder, I don't see why we should keep going. When this all falls apart because of a lack of Bunny, we're all going to be quite miffed at you, rather than just me.
Get with the program already!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is this a Leporidaean conspiracy, AA? You mention the Bunny, then say miffed. And we all know Miffy's avatar is a bunny. Even though she claims to be the ship's elephant... Hmmmm, part of the conspiracy or are all rabbits simply mad? Confusing and therefore even more offensive!

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

As a penguin who fulfils the role of the ship's barnacle, I am offended that those of us who multi-task and take on extra responsibilities on this ship of ours are not given more respect... to say nothing of more pay.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm offended that you should mention money on a thread like this when some of us are here out of sheer and simple wish to share our genius with those less fortunate than ourselves.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

And then I am offended that you have to this point withheld said genius.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I am offended, but not in the least surprised, that you [and so very many others] possess insufficient wit to recognise it when it is so boldly displayed!

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How offensive of you to boldly display yourself. Can you not comport yourself with dignity?

(and we don't need pistols at dawn for today's soaking, the heavens are doing that pretty offensively)

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Speak for your own continent. Or does the weather in the Colonies not matter?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

No, and not just the weather!

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Pond wars are both contemptible and offensive. Usually start with motes and planks and devolve into childish name calling. I thought dignity was called for from people of your advanced age. Erm, experience, advanced experience.
BTW, don't you live in a former colony? One lost when the might of the Empire faced a skinny, bald man in a toga?
Hmmmm. One wonders if you were, rightfully, banished there.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh, no she didn't.

(Quietly dawns hand-spun cotton and gathers sea salt in solidarity.)

--------------------

Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know that the ancient and derelict like WW can expect no particular respect around here. But that doesn't mean the fact he's still not incontinent needs a special mentioni. Really.

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

How come he gets a mentioni and I am left without any fancy icecreams? And besides, isn't he incontinent? I thought he was inAsia.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

You, on the other hand are merely inSulting and inSufferable. Haven't you got a mackerel to snarf?

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As a relatively new shipmate, I am frankly insulted that no-one had the decency to notify me of the existence of this thread. It shows an appalling lack of common courtesy.

I expect my gilt-edged, hand-written invitation to be delivered forthwith - either by a liveried footman or, if necessary, a small penguin.

Yours flouncingly, Starbug.

[ 06. July 2012, 18:54: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I like your style.

I mean-- who the hell do you think you are, strolling in here like the Queen of France, telling us how to conduct game protocol?

You WERE notified. The homing pigeon we sent last week insisted that it dropped its message on your car for us. If you can't read rune, that's your problem.

[ 06. July 2012, 19:04: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is that what it was? I couldn't read the second line as the rain had washed some of it off by the time I got back to the car.

And how very dare you? Homing pigeon indeed! At the very least, one expects important messages to be delivered by thoroughbred greyhound.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

OK, if anyone else quotes that dumb Catherine Tate sketch again, I will immolate myself. And it will be all your fault.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well Kelly, if you're going to make references to things we haven't the faintest clue about and haven't seen, then I don't see why we shouldn't be offended!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

We here at Let's Offend expect a certain level of cultural facility. If you are going to bound around with the big dogs, make sure you got your bird in the hand and not two on a leash.

If you don't understand that, it's entirely your fault.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm offended that this thread has been overtaken by the My Word thread, which is all very clever albeit very offensive in the use of puns, but that's incidental, not the purpose.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Curiosity Killed, why don't you just make peace with the fact that we will never, ever, ever live up to your precious standards? You'll sleep better, trust me.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Wait a moment, who was arguing for standards not two posts back? Kelly, Even for you this is [Disappointed]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Blatant use of tu quoque. [Disappointed] [Disappointed] [Disappointed]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

[Razz]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Put that away, you foul thing. Decent folk use toilet paper.*

(*Joke stolen from high school best friend, daughter of Pentecostal minister.)

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

So, you're too lazy or disinterested to work out some well-constructed and thoughtful offended (and offensive) riposte of your own; we are only worthy of second-hand, borrowed toilet humour? Kelly, I thought better of you!

[tangent] Typing this without being able to see the keyboard very well, I misaligned my hands with the laptop keyboard and accidentally mistyped Kelly as Jrkky! Makes you wonder [Biased] [/tangent]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Laugh it up, penguin. Has Pyx_e paid you to harass me?

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

You dare suggest I would harlot my hounding (penguining?) skills to that nasty little man? [Biased] My expressions of offence are all my own work and copyright.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I leave this thread or a few pages, what with starting a new job and all.... I come back here to see the above poster selfishly claiming her own expressions... Now some might see that justified, her having created them.... BUT what gets me is that she seems to be openly boasting about it all.
Tsk Tsk.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me too! Fkn 'ell, I leave you guys to your own devices awhile, being preoccupied with other things an' all, and come back to find all Hell has broken out here. I am so offended that you guys can't hold it together here while my back's turned. Get a grip!

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well, if you will go off doing your own thing and leaving Smudgie and Rowen and all unsupervised what can you expect?

--------------------

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

Hah!! And before the inevitable complaint about junior hosting, does anyone here - in their wildest imaginings - think I'd want to take responsiblity for you lot???? [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

But I do love y'all

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Now I AM offended - I can understand you loving me, everybody does, but how can you possibly love them?

--------------------

uffda
Shipmate
# 14310

- Posted      Profile for uffda   Email uffda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Be careful, Wodders, don't come on too strong with Bean, or you may find yourself stalked! Bean stalked! Get it! [Yipee]

--------------------
Invincibly ignorant and planning to stay that way!

Posts: 1031 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm offended that I thought that post was going to be funny - and was bitterly disappointed.

[Razz]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Make sure the door doesn't hit your Rs on the way out, Woderwick.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Hey, bug boy, mind your Ps and Qs if you want to be welcome on this thread! [Razz]

Edited to add:
Hmmm.. just realised that it was Wodders' Rs you were castigating. Carry on - just ignore me - misplaced offendedness.

[ 07. July 2012, 21:46: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

I'm a girl! I'm a girl, but you called me a boy! Now i really AM offended!

And why, pray tell, should I mind any Ps and Qs when they don't belong to me? Look affter your own extraneous letters! [Biased]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  39  40  41 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016