homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Taking offence where none was intended... (Page 27)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  39  40  41 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Taking offence where none was intended...
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am offended on behalf of the poor, defenceless blankets. They didn't ask to be made, folded up and stuffed in a cupboard or under the divan. They should be flapping about freely on a clothes line somewhere, not cooped up in mothballs. Free the blankets!

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Free the blankets?! Kangaroos first. Then blankets.
Obviously, when we support kangaroos we also express solidarity with all oppressed Australian marsupials.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oppressed kangaroos? You shouldn't oppress kangaroo, makes it all thin, tough and stringy-like. Just cook it on the grill, like rabbit.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
uffda
Shipmate
# 14310

- Posted      Profile for uffda   Email uffda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was wondering about baby roos Are they like veal? Do you club them before grilling? I look forward to your responses.

--------------------
Invincibly ignorant and planning to stay that way!

Posts: 1031 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm shocked that you could encourage such unprovoked malicious violence towards a innocent and much loved character such as Roo. Shame on you.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And what about Kanga? You can't separate the two. Just don't bring Tigger - he's too bouncy.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Shame on you" ?

I would have said it was more a case of "More fool you" if you're suggesting or even considering violence against RooK. Though why I'm offended is anyone's guess, since he's more than capable of defending himself. Guess I just don't like bloodshed.

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, if you know you don't like bloodshed, why get involved in the discussion in the first place? Why don't you keep your lily-livered, namby-pamby thoughts to yourself, instead of coming over all self-righteous about it?

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey! kingsfold has every right to express an opinion here. Who died and made you queen of the thread?
Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some of us live in a republic, I'll have you know. No need to foist your monarchist nonsense on us all.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good God almighty, Ruth, when did you become a Republican? [Eek!]

(Off to sob quietly into pillow. It just can't be.)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Republicans are wonderful! They make Brits much less embarrassed by the BNP.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And why should the BNP embarrass the British? Have the French no right to have their own banking system or does the Nationalised Bank of Scotland want to take over the world?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

The RBS, thank you. Hadn't realized just how long ago you had been booted from the old Blighty. Did Vicky herself sign the warrant?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Your inability to address a (admittedly long deceased) British Monarch by a respectful and fitting title can only mean that you are one of the worst kind of British republicans who cannot bring themselves to rise even to the level of common politeness when it comes to the Royal family.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't know where you're getting the idea from that LB must be a Brit. This is the worst kind of ethnocentrism. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well I admit I presumed Brit, but then I presumed male, then female, then wasn't sure... which is fine, first forum I ever went on was severely down on asking such picky guestions. And for my part, those horns...

Thing we need to know, lilB, is just how offensive are you? Can you blow our socks/knickers/whatever you like off? The clock is ticking.

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stripping now? I don't know whether to be more offended because stripping demeans women or because if God had wanted us to be naked he wouldn't have made us wear clothes.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Stripping demeans men far more than women. Men have knobbly knees.

--------------------

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hmmm... I can handle a knobbly knee if pressed. But no! Stripping is offensive! Take it away, immediately.

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Bean, you can't go around pressing people's knees! That's just not right. There are laws against it - or, if not, there should be!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You know, just set your own rules for yourself, hon. Not everyone is as repressed about physical affection as you. Knee-pressing is a time-honored mammalian kinship display, right up there with lice- grooming and nose- bumping. I know because I read it in one of Dian Fossey's lesser known field journals. Argue with THAT.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Oh, more laws we need, is it? What's the use of new laws when no one can seem to follow the bloody old ones?

How offensive can I be, oh gaseous one? Not offensive in the slightest. I would not know where to begin to author an offensive thought. [Angel]

I find only the most odious of people find fault in me. Jealousy, I think it might be.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh fine, just act like I'm not there. Join the club.

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have major probs with people using capital letters in a perfectly normal sentence.... Like the above poster.
It is as if she is shouting out that word at us.
Shame.
We are not deaf.
Kelly, don't yell at us.
You will get on much better, in life, if you behave, and use your indoor voice, dear.

Edited by me to say my post was referring to a few back by
Kelly.

[ 18. July 2012, 06:30: Message edited by: Rowen ]

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

As if we need a hippie rabbit to give us lessons on what we should rub together. Planet is over populated as it is.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, ROWEN? DON'T TELL ME HOW TO TYPE!

[ETA: and as for you, lilbuttinski...]

[ 18. July 2012, 06:32: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I thought Kelly was being most kind speaking a bit more loudly given the odds that much of this crowd might benefit from amplified audio.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am confused as to by what laws we are supposed to be governed here (I know we are all governed by fear of the killer rabbit; she's the ruler, but what are the rules?). Are we supposed to be offended by the post before last like lilBud? Or the post fourth from bottom as Rowen thinks? Or by ourselves like no_prophet (frankly, my friend, I do NOT think this is the place to play with yourself, especially as I so devotedly offer to lend a hand). Or are we just supposed to moan at being ignored like our ruler?
It is also unacceptably confusing that on this thread people (if that's the word I want) undergo sex changes and others leave us in doubt as to whether they are male, female or Angela Merkel. Take an example from Starbutt who within three posts of arriving made a statement of exemplary clarity and concision which left nothing to be desired. Or rather: a lot.
And here's to the rule nazis: Confusion counts as offence. Mine does anyway.

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sylvander, I couldn't believe all the innuendo about your proclivities, but you've just suggested you want to help no_prophet fondle himself. How offensively inappropriate. Just think of all those anti-gay Christians on board.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I simply cannot believe you dare to accuse me of la dee dah innuendo! Bluntness, fine. Grossness, ok. But innuendo, possibly even subtle? That's offensive. Next you'll start accusing me of being a gentleman.

I did not no_prophet was a man (how did you find out?), and you may think I am not known for being particular (beggars can't be choosers, what?). But what on earth made you fantasize about gay activities and people fondling themselves? no_prophet was playing with himself, laying patiences I guess. And I was suggesting chess or draughts with me instead.
You seem to have a smutty mind.
Any plans for tonight yet?

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Always making it about yourself [Disappointed] I wasn't accusing you of innuendo, I was saying I hadn't believed the way the others on this thread had denigrated you. However, you're proving that all their imputations and snide comments are true.

[ 18. July 2012, 12:58: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

StarBUTT??? My name is StarBUG, thank you very much! May I interest you in some adult literacy courses, as you appear to be having difficulty reading.

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

How dare you imply that Western culture is superior to societies that do not have literacy and use writing? You are denigrating their rich and diverse oral traditions.

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Adult literacy?!?!? I thought this was a Christian website!
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

With all due respect, Ruth-- and you must know it is considerable-- throwing out "ITTWACW" is just as pathetic, pitiful, and uninspired as using "How very dare you!" as if nobody's heard that one hundred and forty thousand times.

Oh, and as a reminder, anyone who uses the latter is on my personal axe list, unless they actually are Catherine Tate, in which case-- be my best friend? [Angel]

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

So sickening the way some people always want to suck up to those who are famous and treat them differently from the rest of us mere mortals. Don't you realise that we are all of equal worth in the sight of our creator?
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

You'll notice that whenever someone says 'with all due respect', the words that follow usually contain no respect at all. A crime far worse than quoting the great St Catherine of Tate. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Starbuggie, please refer to Sylvander's excellent post regarding thread protocol.

If the two of you are angling for a threesome the going rate is $200 USD.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

I'm offended now that you ignored my post and responded to Kelly. Just because I'm not one of the 'In Crowd'. [Waterworks]

ETA cross posted with Kelly - See I am usurped a second time...

[ 18. July 2012, 20:41: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh, welcome to my world, honeybunch, and stop stealing my complaints.

And nobody has noticed my cute new sig. [Frown]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Oh, I noticed your sig when you tried it out on the UBB coding thread in the Styx - and didn't think it was at all cute sucking up to Sylvander. Are you hoping he's going to ask you out tonight instead?

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kelly's Rabbits Habits are no business of yours, even if you continue to be curiouser and curiouser. Get a life. Watch Days of our Lives or something. Who shot J.R., anyway?

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
Watch Days of our Lives or something. Who shot J.R., anyway?

Please tell me you're joking.Please tell me that you don't think J.R. was on Days of our Lives. Please tell me that before my eyes literally fall out of their sockets from my weeping.

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kelly, dear.... JR wrote "The Hobbit" and similar. I am offended that you do not know even t most fundamental of moden English lit. But then, you are American.

--------------------

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

GOD.DAMN. RIGHT I AM.

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

Lee Greenwood? Are you kidding me? When you could have linked to a real American: John Wayne.

What is this country coming to?

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am offended that you lot are blithering around in fits of nationalistic pique at a time when offence - none of that silly liquide penultimate sibiline consonantal stuff thank you - is meant to be taken at far greater matters - like countinental tectonic drift that means that what your country is coming to is, roughly, Sierra Leone. Or Lusitania.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
countinental

Pedant, be ashamed of thyself.
Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

That's right, Leaf. Use old-fashioned, out-dated language, long gone from our tongue, in a vaun attempt to prove yourself educated and superior...
"thyself "
Hmmmmph, not cool, man.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  39  40  41 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016