homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Taking offence where none was intended... (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  39  40  41 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Taking offence where none was intended...
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rowen:
And none of you have had the grace to mention God's own liquid.... glorious, clean water... Free, healthy, beautiful....

No, all of you want processed unhealthy things in your sickly bodies...

What do you have against beer? God's gift to man!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yeah, like water is never processed. [Roll Eyes]

I got news for you, baby - pretty much everything is processed, including the spelt loaves in the wholefood shop you no doubt frequent. All this anti-processed stuff is just another form of elitism. A device to keep the working classes in subjection.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am offended by this over-simplifying [Disappointed] The 'working classes' want work, even work in a poncy wholefood shop will do. There is no subjection - the worm is turning.
Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some folk have worms as pets and garden aids... How can you use an image like that, and hurt their feelings so?
Honor worms, for their sakes.

[ 08. April 2012, 09:34: Message edited by: Rowen ]

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Honor worms
Look, I don't know what spelling schematum gets used in the land that traces its genetic and cultural ancestry to criminal deportees, but in places where people rightfully cherish the imperial apron strings, we render "honour" as you see it written there.

Sheesh. I'll bet you scofflaws don't even appreciate Benny Hill or Black Sabbath.

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It never occurred to you that this was not my fault. My new iPad self-corrected.
I am a newb at this iPad thing and now I feel that all my trying is in vain, when people come out and yell at me.
Don't shout at me. Blame Apple.
And now I am going off to cry....
I am ofended

--------------------

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Typical female ploy to use tears to control and emasculate!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What's wrong with that? Tender tears need manly consolation so I am usually all for female plays. But I am offended that just as this thread is promising to take its overdue turn to smut and fun, along comes our clean-conscience veggie gobbler and puts an end to it. Emasculate indeed! [Eek!]
Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sylvander, I thought this was a Christian website. [Disappointed] (Or for folks who have never seen the spelled out version: ITTWACW.)

I come here for love and uplifting language and fluffy bunniness. How dare you to shatter that precious image I have of the Ship. Nobody is ever mean to another Shipmate. Until now.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I weep copiously [Waterworks] [Waterworks] . The smallness, the narrowness, of your vision. I too TTWACW and therefore inclusive of all and reaching even unto the depths of the smut-seekers.

[ 08. April 2012, 17:44: Message edited by: justlooking ]

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have you all ever noticed that whenever I leave this thread for a few hours, the tone begins a slow creeping descent? Must I be the moral Atlas around here? Can't I shrug once in a while?

Reaching out to the smutty, indeed, justlooking. I know where that hand is going. And where you're looking,as well. [Disappointed]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

Wash your mouth out with soap!

And as for your shrug: I fail to see the relevance of your knitwear but you are clearly very attached to it.

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
has it ever occurred to you, Kel, that when you leave this thread, we all breathe a sigh of relief and talk about you behind your back. We all know *it's different for girls* but really, Shrug You, girlfriend! **

** jocular post in the spirit of the game - Kel's a mate, really! [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Shrug you?

SHRUG YOU????

...(never heard of that one.)

OK, so quit showing off your superior knowledge of slang and wallow down here with the rest of us mortals, Miss Thing. It's not like you suddenly learned how to speak Etruscan.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I learned Etruscan when you were just a twinkling in the eye of your alien daddyfromalphacentauriwifanaxe. Pshaw!

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

I am concerned when people see aliens in every corner. It speaks of an unhealthy fear, or worse, an alienism that may come to rival sexism, racism and similar.
Everyone should be accepted, regardless of country or universe or planet of origin.
Kelly, rejoice in your alien roots.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

yeah, Rowen, but then are Teh Daleks!! [Help]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Now, see, this is how gossip begins. And gossip, as any eight year old knows*, is a sin. Have you forgotten that? Has it really been that long since you two have examined your poor, iniquity-sodden souls, or do you just conveniently re-frame gossip as "concerned speculation"? it would be interesting to live inside your heads.

* that one's for the Calvinists.

(also, what planet I may or may not hail from is nobody's gardam business but my own.)

[ 08. April 2012, 23:16: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Really? You are giving morality lessons? The mind boggles at the temerity.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Frankly, I am mighty offended by the virtuous turn this is taking under the guidance of our self-anointed moral atlas. Can't you think of sins that are more fun than eight-year old gossip?
And please refrain from information about your garden business. It isn't ladylike, even for an extraterrestrial rabbit.

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sylvander, Sylvander, I speak on behalf of my poor neglected colleague lilbuddha who may be li'l but isn't so li'l as to be totally negligible. Are you telling me you really failed to find anything objectionable or offensive in her post. I am well aware that Kelly is the paragon of offensiveness, but I am shocked and disappointed that you allow her to eclipse your fellow shipmates who are easily despicable in their own rights. Be less dismissive in future, please.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah pingu has arrived and is posting - if she is offended just how does she think the rest of us feel about her horning in on OUR thread?

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
First you wish to determine how others may post, now it is advanced to who may post? The circus is not your bailiwick, WW. On behalf of myself and the hosts hereabout, I tender our offense.

[ 09. April 2012, 06:54: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
YOU are tendering MY offense? How dare you! Go sit in the corner and play with your little JuniorHost kit you sent away three boxtops for while the Real Hosts keep doing Real Work.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

The word was 'hosts', and not 'Hosts'. The meaning might have been better rendered by 'hordes' or 'multitudes', nonetheless the essential thrust of the little one's message is clear and you have ignored it.
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Messages? You mean there are subtle Messages being sent here? I AM offended. I thought this was a thread about giving and receiving OFFENSE. And now you tell me there are MESSAGES?!!!

Well, really. How very pseudo-intellectual of you, when I came here for a bun-fight. (it is Easter, after all.)

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
How very pseudo-intellectual of you, when I came here for a bun-fight.

'Bun' is an offensive and sexist term. 'Sweet roll' is a better term that is not degrading to anybody.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

I resent your supposed ability to judge breads and rolls and so forth. This must surely be an insult to bakers everywhere, who have studied for years- to do just that.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Don't we all judge bread and rolls and, indeed, everything in our lives, on a constant basis - surely not to do so would be to neglect our God-given abilities in discernment. Wouldn't to suggest otherwise be not only offensive but heretical?

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Once more boasting of your God-Given gifts of discernment, making those of us without such gifts feel unwanted and neglected. Thank you WW, I feel so much better. Not.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You know why you feel unwanted and neglected, SC?
It's because you are unwanted and neglected. Now shoo fly, don't bother me.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Wow, man. Scalding. Just cut right to the heart of someone's basic psychological health. What a bold and callous gesture. You must be so proud.

I remember when you were a fresh faced, innocent Circus host, just bubbling over with the desire to put smiles on everyone's faces. What happened? [Waterworks]

[Heartache makes me typo.]

[ 09. April 2012, 16:58: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Posters like you happened, Kelly. Eviscerating a poor, hapless noob without the ability to defend himself. Look where he hosts, not like they put competent people here. You steal lollys from infants and call yourself tough. Shameful.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

Infants with lollies are a sign of irresponsible parenting. Kelly's actions may seem a little high-handed but they are well-intentioned. It starts with lollies but before you know it they're smoking spliffs.
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What a callous attempt to condemn sections of the population. Been reading the Daily Mail, have we?

[ 09. April 2012, 19:13: Message edited by: Dafyd ]

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You edited your post and still left that offensive mention of the D**** M***. What shit did you take out? Please moderate your language on these boards.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

I find your jibes at those poor unfortunates who suffer from chronic diarrhea to be rather tasteless, and so am offended...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

You are unclear here - are you offended by the jibes or the subject of the jibes? The whole point of language is communication and I find your inability to do so clearly quite offensive.

--------------------

justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

On your high horse again. Pretending you don't understand lavatorial references. [Roll Eyes] Communication involves receiving as well as transmitting.
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, so what have you got against high horses? As far as I am aware, horses are actively encouraged to use grass. Maybe riding them when they are in that state is foolhardy, but to be honest, possibly safer than when they're feeling less laid back.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I would have thought you, of all other dwellers here, would see the inherent heightism in "high" horses. Please do not pander to the overactive pituitary cases. We normal sized folks need to stand firm.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Firm? You whippersnapper, could you be any nastier? As a woman of a certain age, I am sick and tired of hearing the virtues of firmness expounded by those who don't know what it's like to bulge or sag. Just wait 'til you're old enough to need full-body Spanx [Mad]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*ppppsssstt* Meg! You shouldn't tell the whippersnappers about bulging and sagging. This is supposed to be our little secret, don't you know? It's embarrassing and offensive to air our dirty laundry...so to speak...all over the intertubz!!!

Don't make me haul out my cane...

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm offended that you might not want to haul out your cane, some of us might enjoy it if you did! Do you wear leather, too?

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Your post would be offensive, WW, if it were not so darn precious. Leave the lascivious and lewd to the professionals.
Oh, Kelly...

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

You know, I resent the implication that I can't do lascivious and lewd just as well as anyone else. The fact that I just do it in my free time rather than being paid shouldn't mean a thing.
Honestly. Whatever happened to respect for focused and determined amateurs?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I am offended that anyone would even consider that I would understand lascivious and lewd when I am just as innocent as a snowdrop!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

I like snowdrops.
They are pure and pretty and a sign of good things to come.
And thus, I do not appreciate their reputation being sullied by comparison to a weasel. [Razz]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That is just typical of outdated and bigoted attitudes towards small carniverous mammals. They are the last group it is acceptable to hold unfounded prejudice about. What did the weasels ever do to you?

Rights for weasels!

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I take Exception to your arrant Mockery of the Rights Agenda. In doing, so you have openly allied yourself with the forces of Reaction. And against Voles. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  39  40  41 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016