homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Taking offence where none was intended... (Page 40)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Taking offence where none was intended...
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How dare you imply that there is a guilty intent? Every intent is innocent until proved guilty. My record is stainless, with neither caution nor conviction. Would you have preferred a reference to the family jewels?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You mean to say that you are apathetically reckless when playing your records? What a thing to admit here! [Eek!] (You might find vinyl a better material for your LPs, by the way. Steel tends to be a bit.. you know... solid. Unless you're into heavey metal)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Steel a heavy metal? How dare you!

Surely for that you would need Uranium or, at the least, a nice lump of lead! They build ships of steel, and they float!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Who do? Thank you for reminding me of the reduced circumstances of our poor out-of-work shipbuilders. Go and pick on someone your own size, why don't you?

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Isn't there enough bullying, harrassment and general lack of niceness around without inciting Wodders to go and find someone to pick on? Is he a bishop or something?
Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Come on, chaps, give Wodders a break before he bursts into tears. No, Smudgie, not a broken leg.
Fluffy bunnies of the ship, unite! You have nothing to lose but your scuts. [Eek!]

[Devil] Unless Silly manages to get his mitts on you.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Are you actually insinuating that the paragon of virtue that is our dear Welease Woderick is susceptible to something so base as incitement? My flabber is truly gasted by the mere suggestion that he who is a model of rectitude and bonomie might be dragged towards such depths of moral turpitude as you delineate in your unworthy aspersions.
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you had bothered to employ a spellchecking device, you would have known that the correct spelling is 'bonhomie'.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Starbug, you are offended by BtL's spelling? Is that not a bit ridiculous? It is his total lack of coherence I find much more offensive. How can his spelling be criticized when we cannot be sure in what language he posts?

quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
You have nothing to lose but your scuts. [Eek!]

[Devil] Unless Silly manages to get his mitts on you.

ISTM, that is exactly what Syllie is after.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Starbug:
If you had bothered to employ a spellchecking device, you would have known that the correct spelling is 'bonhomie'.

Were I posting in modern French, you might be right. [Razz]
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Perhaps if you were more concerned about the spelling of blt you would have got it right. It is bacon, lettuce and tomato, not bacon, tomato and lettuce. And I wouldn't be surprised if you spell tomato 'tomatoe'.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

Just to clarify...

I do not recall giving anyone permission to abbreviate my nom de ploom and reduce me to a mere acronym, let alone to a bacon sarnie with pretensions to higher things. Organic lettuce and hand-reared tomatoe's are not enough to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Neither, as you so helpfully demonstrate, is being allowed to post here.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

What is a lansker that btl is below it? Phrases begining with beneath spring to mind.

--------------------

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

OK, I get it now. It's "let's all pick on the noob" day, isn't it?
I think you'll find I'm big enough to rise above it.

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Excuse me, I think you'll find it's "p.p.p.pick on the penguin" rather than "pick on the noob". If anyone's being victimised here, it's me. It's always me. It's all about me. I mean, even you're doing it, making your heightist joke about being big enough to rise above it. So if you're going to join in with these bullies, at least you can be honest about it.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

We should look on the poor, heightist dears with pity as it is jealousy which drives their jibes. They are sensitive about being less intelligent, though they should not be. It is not their fault the blood takes sooo long to reach their brains that it has lost nearly all its oxygen. And we needn't mention their looks. Their stretched out, long faces, gangly torsos, ungraceful limbs, large clown-like feet. We more efficiently built folk should be more generous to those less fortunate.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Why, LB, I had no idea you were a short-a**e. Those horns must be so out of proportion.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Très amusant. Were I not a better person, I might say that must make you a big, well, I'll not go there. Besides, perhaps it is only long and droopy.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

You'll not go there??? [Ultra confused] Yet again a farrago of obfuscation, evasion and pusillanimity. [Disappointed] Why is it that no-one on this thread is capable of taking the bull by the short and curlies?
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
See, there you go, you piss the bull off , then jump over the fence as it charges at the rest of us. Wottaguy. Or gal. Never asked.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

Very much a guy ... as is abundantly clear from my virile posting style. Do not let the veneer of my sophistication and polished wit blind you to my manly charms, Big Ears.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Below the Lansker:
Big Ears.

You know, I find sass so alluring in a man.

Usually.

Watch your step, cowboy. I thought I told the intern "no ear jokes" in the pre-interview.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Virile, BtL? I would describe your post as short, quick and spasmodic. Frequently prematurely, erm, posted.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh dear God, am I invisible? Am I not here? Et Tu, lilB?

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Apologies, Kelly, just playing with the new toy. Not sure it will last very long. Besides, you're a bit easy lately. By that, I mean easy target, yes I did. Far be it for me to impugn your virtue, even though you do proudly live in the second most wicked American city.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Y'know, to one - ie me - who's been called lately for allegedly impure intentions and carnality, this is all a bit rich... could we maybe get this thread back into the strait and narrow? And no, that is not any kind of innuendo. You think this is 'Carry On Offending'?

Now there's a thought...

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And you, lilB, toying over Bacon Sarnie with your big horns and your skeletal snout, no wonder Kelly's insecure. Get your priorities straight, girl.

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gosh, you lot are missing the obvious - by a very long way! Come on, get a grip! If Kelly is insecure just tighten the straps - that is sure to make her secure enough!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wodders, there's a private board for discussing that kind of thing. Given the fact that someone always pitches a fit whenever tightening the straps comes up in Purg—and that some of us like this part of the Ship to be a peaceful and tranquil respite from the nit-picking and backbiting—could you please not mention That Sort of Thing here? I think you might end up offending Flopsy's delicate sensibilities, giving lB ideas, and/or exciting Sylvie.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Apologies, Kelly, just playing with the new toy.

Can I just pause to lay a hand over my heart and admire the Erin-ness of this comment?
[Tear]

OK, Bozo, what are you doing up there relegating people to the fetish ghetto? Some of us like to let our freak flag fly high, you know!

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

At last we see KA in her true colours. If I get you as my secret santee, you can expect a brand new set of brass bound leather restraints.Would you like a buthcher's hook thrown in for good measure? What's your view on prunes?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

A butcher's hook?? Good Lord! [Eek!]

Worse than that, not a mention of chocolate. And you should be so lucky as to "get me."

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh dear. She's expecting us to mention chocolate in every post now. A regular queen of the board, is she? So high and mighty now, with only me and Bonehead for competition. Bunbun, it's time you toned it down a notch or two. We don't exist to serve you, mmmkay?

Shoot da wabbit, shoot da wabbit . . .

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

What a typically American response, immediately bringing firearms into everything! Some of us find such behaviour to be the height of bad taste!

...and surely gassing rabbits is far more humane.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

No, you don't exist to serve the bunny (unless it happens to be on a platter with kipper garnish) but you seem to have forgotten to serve me. Where's my chocolate, serf?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It's okay, ignore me, I don't mind - though I do believe it demonstrates a lack of breeding!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Hosting fez ON!
Things are getting a bit slow around here. Dull and repetitive, even. I'm just a bit miffed you lot haven't been able to pull out the real gems of offense, the kinds of things that, back in the old glory days of early summer, made this thread what it was. So, I'm going to have to close it . . . eventually.

I'll make you lot a deal you seem unlikely to keep. I'm not willing to let this thread die on a low note, but rather in a blaze of feckin' glory; if it must be closed, and it must, I want to see the best any and all of you can do. None may know the hour or the number on which I'll close this, but, disappoint me, and it will happen; keep the "brilliance" coming, and it stays alive.

Now let's see if you're up to this.
Host fez off.

[ 19. September 2012, 02:21: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

A bit slow? Dull and repetitive? Moi? The most engaging and effervescent creature who ever set finger to keyboard? And the glory days were in early summer, i.e., before I signed up? I don't want to sound self-obsessed here, but this is obviously all about me, isn't it? Clearly, it has been decided by the inner cabal that this is 'pick on the fat boy' day, and there was I thinking that this was a caring, sharing, open and inclusive website.

PS. Change the headgear, that fez does nothing for you.

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

BTL, a fez was the trademark of the comedian the late Tommy Cooper. I leave you to draw the inference. Get some cultural references if you can. U-tube would help.

And while I'm on the subject, it's not at all about you. It's about KA and her fetishes. I may not share them,but I will defend to the death - preferably yours, - her right to strut them.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

My fellow offendees, I must apologise. For if I had not displayed such a brilliant, shining torch; your weak, will-o-the-wisp marsh lights might have seemed all the more bright.
Yes, Ariston, concentrate on their feeble efforts, but think not of what this thread means to them.

Did you know Kelly serves as an example to inner-city youth? An example of what not to become, yes, but important example none the less. And she rescues abandoned orphans. Fagin-like, to be sure, but in this economy any employment is good, yes? I could go on with her many accomplishments, and mention that her City officials have taken note, (the Police, to be specific.) but this list is long. And this thread, of which you will rightfully show no mercy, is her only bright spot. The only thing which keeps her going. But close it.

And dear Wodders. Did you know he leads a pensioners group? Keeps them active. Well, leads may not be the correct term. Whilst meandering about the grounds, one of the others pointed to Woddders and said "'ere, 'es got three heads, follow him." To which Wodders, pointing to the empty air behind him replied, "Yes, follow him!" Then pottered off to a corner, mumbling. Still, they get their exercise. And this humble thread, this is where his random banging on the keyboard brings him. (It is, random, right? Surely cannot be purposeful.) But think not on that, close the thread.

What of Beanie and the penguin? Where are they to find friends if not for here? (By friends, I mean people willing to type on the same thread as they, but beggars and all that.) Such delusional, cranky oddities of strange odour can find few wishing to approach them. And you will take away their only refuge? Right, not important to show Christian charity here. End the thread.

Poor Syllie, where will he chase women unwilling to associate with him? His massive collection of restraining orders keep him from getting closer than telescope range of any woman IRL. (Any female creature at all, to be honest) And to be fair, he performs a valuable service. There are some here who would be difficult to stomach pursuing even virtually, but Syllie soldiers on.
But think not of what an even more sad, pathetic life he will lead after; close the thread.

Poor Zappa, his only respite from careening around the countryside, chauffeured by a mad goat, is here.

They do their best to amuse, even kingsfold made me [Killing me] once. Really more a polite half-smile, but we do not have an emoticon for that.

No mercy for poor newbie, BLT? Where else can such delusional ramblings be accepted. Oh, right, the rest of the board. Bad example.

And you, Ariston. What will you do after closing the thread? Is entertaining at children's parties enough for you? Are your solo, unattended, poetry slams sufficient? Your epic, philosophical soliloquies in the park (before the police haul you in to "sleep it off") to the pigeons and drunks, are they sustaining? Are you truly willing to let one more thread escape your meandering tiny car as it careens around the ring?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Well, lilB, am I nothing and no-one? Why is there no mention of me in the cataloque of losers you just posted? Am I to be air-brushed out of the thread, ignored, invalidated, and history rewritten to boot? Well may you grovel in feigned subjection to Ariston, mouthing passive aggressive platitudes whilst picking your nose with one hand and scratching your bum with the other. We know you are an adept multitasker, but at what to you multi? Tell me that.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

What Jacobsen said. With knobs on.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Am I to have mentioned everyone who has participated on this thread? How much time do you think I have?
Besides, I did mention you both, obliquely, in two paragraphs.
And Starbug, keep your knobs out of this, it is a family thread. [Disappointed]

[ 18. September 2012, 21:42: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

No, Horny One, no-one would expect you to mention everyone who has participated in the thread, only the most scintillating and perspicacious of the contributors, as indeed you have done.
However, your post would have met with more general approval had you apportioned your attentions in a manner more commensurate with the true value of those posters considered worthy of your consideration. Modesty forbids me to name names, but when a recent arrival to the boards is allotted a mere two lines, whilst Flopsy, Ole Man Wodders, Silly, Beanside and Pingu merit at least five, then I have to wonder at your ability to appreciate true worth.
What is truly offensive, though, is your blatant attempt to curry favour with "Just like that" Ariston. Yes, I can see that egos have to be massaged and noses have to be browned, but a whole paragraph? [Disappointed] [Disappointed]

[ 18. September 2012, 22:04: Message edited by: Below the Lansker ]

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

On the one hand, I totally agree-- the level of show-off in Budhette's post made me have to put on a layer of 60 SPF sunscreen just to sit in front of my monitor.

On the other hand, who the hell are you, new fish, greenhorn, johnny -come -lately, mister "73 posts and I own the runway", to point this out to the rest of us?

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Show Off?! It would help if any of the rest of you lot had anything to show.

Button your shirt back up, Wodders! That is not what I meant.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Show Off?! It would help if any of the rest of you lot had anything to show.

OH! It's like that is it? I got something to show you,sister...

(Kelly generates mana to materialize rhetorical 900- pound THANG which she then throws down on the table. WHAM. Table breaks. Splinters fly. Women faint. Children cry.)

Happy now?

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

No, Kelly, I'm really not. That was a nice table, too. Sure, you summoning half-ton whatsits is better than BS or Hornbones busting open their shirts and asking Syllie if he sees anything he likes, but only marginally.

Seriously, I liked that table. Now where am I supposed to eat?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Eat? You? In the presence of Shipmates?

That, if I may say so, is a completely scandalous suggestion. You will eat on the floor from the little bowl marked Philosopher - that is where you will eat!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016