homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Taking offence where none was intended... (Page 41)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Taking offence where none was intended...
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And why was it I heard that last sentence in a Nazi accent, Wiffwaff? "Zu vill EAT from ze bowl ve haz marked fur ZU!" I don't take kindly to being ordered around, even by three-headed idols; I have no idea how Art Spiegelman would have drawn you as a polycephalic cat, but, even then, we would all recognize you for what you are.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So you mention the Nazis, but do you mention Stalin? No? Why is Stalin so often overlooked? Was he not a dictator? Did he not work hard putting in the hours sending millions to their death too? But after that selfless effort sacrificing his name for posterity does he have a bit of recognition? An equivalent of Godwin's Law? No, he doesn't. Just ignored, cast away out of the collective memory.
We demand more equal representation for Communist dictators.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, so dictators are only about killing and oppression, then? Why must you enforce the negative stereotypes? What of the good dictators like Garibaldi and, um, well he's the only one at this point, but more could happen.

And what about these Dictators? or do you hate music? Well, do you punk? or, well, in this case not Punk, but you understand...

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You say punk in this offhand way, like everyone on the planet won't know exactly who you are talking about.Even over the internet one begins to get a sense of the raised eyebrow and the elbow to the ribs.

1. Who you callin' a punk, punk?

2. All I have to say about that.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"... one begins to get a sense of the raised eyebrow and the elbow to the ribs ..."

Hardly surprising is it, Bugsy, when you use such appalling grammar?

"Who you callin a punk punk?" Perhaps you have some additional learning need or linguistic lacunae you wish to share with us? Loth as I am to throw my weight around (you all know me well enough by now to realise that it simply isn't in my nature), I really feel empowered, nay entitled in this case, to express the collective malaise of all contributors of taste and sense.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, goody, we have a representative of the Borg on board. So honored.

Listen, you and the mouse in your pocket can keep your opinions to yourselves. "Collective malaise" my foot.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I might add, superficially naff but in truth quite wholesome buttie, that in trying to leap onto your high horse, you left an apostrophe behind - unlike the bunny. Contempt for the demotic is, in any case, the last refuge of yer mediocrity, innit.

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Do I spy some little black round things? Could they be licorice sweeties? Lavender seeds? Ah no - Flopsy's been round. Remember to sprinkle some on Ariston's breakfast cereal, won't you?

I am still offended, and, as ITTWACWS, it's outrageous that no-one has even offered to pray with me on the subject.

(mutters to self -- perhaps I should have posted in Hell - at least one is not ignored there, and the flames are warmer than the coldth on this thread.....)

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Who is this Borg you speak of? Are you referring to an inferior version of Star Trek? Kindly leave this thread to the purists among us. There is but one Captain and his name is James Tiberius Kirk. All the others are but tawdry copies of his brilliance. Who else could insert... a... pause... between... each... word... in... such... a... meaningful... way...? Sheer genius!

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for reminding me of your foot, Kelly, I need some luck right now. That axe looks heavy, shall I hold it for you? Just for a moment?

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

- Posted      Profile for Below the Lansker     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, great, that's all we need. The thread has been hijacked by inadequates and social misfits. Resistance is futile.

(exits to find anorak)

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
aside to fellow posters I thought he was an anorak...

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

Don't be unkind, he's just looking for a soulmate.

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

Oh and Ariston, don't think I missed that remark about busting my shirt open for Syllie. You think rabbit poo on your sugar puffs is all you have to fear? [Snigger]

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Lov.ing. the crosspost orgy. (Lansker, does my punctuation annoy you? Good.)

Beanie, how typical is it of you to wade umpteen posts back in the thread and bring up the dormant topic of your breasts? Did you notice how (Sorry, but I have to say it) nobody cared the first time?

--------------------

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

I'm starting to feel a little queasy now... what with the references to Beanside's exuberant, heaving poitrine, Cottontail's little currants bring liberally sprinkled all over the thread and jacobsen's endless jeremiads about being the target of everyone's studied ignorance, I think I may need a sniff of the sal volatile.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Jeez, Valmont, will you can it with the decorative Frenchisms? A dribble of crème fraîche does not a gourmet meal make.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Seeing as you've been shitting all over everyone's dinner, I hesitate to ask what you think would make one, copraphage. Also, seeing as we ran Frenchie* off a few pages back, I don't think anyone left gets to complain about misplaced Gallicisms.

Of course, I've yet to hear any real bon mots from anyone either, so we can't talk about well-placed Gallicisms.

*Well, and EtaEvo, but he always breaks the left-hand alignment, so good riddance to him.

**Oh, and BS, Syllie's still waiting. I'm having to listen to his bad love "poetry." Just take one for the team and show off the girls so I don't have to hear him keep trying to rhyme "lady" with "baby."

[ 20. September 2012, 01:07: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[Big Grin] All that cantankerous horseshit leading up to your real agenda. Cute.

Listen, if I am even going to consider a request of that nature, it better be made politely and humbly, and preferably after dinner and dessert with a fine fume blanc accompanying.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I hate it when people don't complete their sentences!

Are we supposed to be telepathic?

Now I realise you are only a little rabbit with brains smaller than your front teeth but accompanying what?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh the grammar's fine and you know it. Go pick on Syllie.

--------------------

tomsk
Shipmate
# 15370

- Posted      Profile for tomsk   Email tomsk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Grandma's not fine, actually. She's rather poorly. So insensitive.
Posts: 372 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pardon another comment about the standard of English used here but surely if your grandma's rather poorly I would think insensitive would be the last term to describe her - perhaps you meant insensible.

It really would make life a lot easier if people here were more precise about their meanings and didn't burden me with having to correct them all the time!

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Who died and made you Noam Chomsky? It's not like we're submitting this thread for peer review. And good thing, because with the pathetic content we got going, grammar is the least of our worries.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

At last, an admission from Flopsy that her contribution, and I use the term loosely, is pathetic. There, there, little one. Go add further nutrients to the breakfast board.

[ 20. September 2012, 09:36: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Listen here, Miss Æbleskiver, wait, Æbleskiver? That is like a second-rate doughnut, a third-rate beignet. They don't even come with chocolate! A proper beignet, hot and drizzled with chocolate, mmmmmmmm heaven. Anyhow, how did you get to be Miss Æbleskiver in the first? Enter a sexist contest, did you? Parade around in an indecent swim costume, tell the judges your favourite vegetable is the banana, and "I wish for world peas, even though I do not care for peas in general, except for grandmum's mushy peas, 'cause she put sugar on them for me, 'cause I don't like peas. But world peas is good, everyone says, so that is what I wish for." What was your talent, pray tell? Juggling Æbleskivers and playing the nose flute whilst riding a unicycle? Actually that takes a lot of coordination, but that is not the Point! The point is you are setting women back years just so you can win a few quid and a lifetime supply of Æbleskivers. [Disappointed]

ETA: Now I've done it, mentioned women riding unicycles. Now Ariston is going to overheat.

[ 20. September 2012, 10:28: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

May you be forgiven, Miss Horny, for your cultural and gastronomic ignorance. Whilst appreciating your belated recognition of my humble (note irony) existence, was it really necessary to denigrate one of the taste sensations of the western world? Has a lifetime of world weary grass so blunted your perceptions that you can only feel your taste buds tingle when the sheer vlugarity of chocolate smothered blinys are on offer? Get back to your thistle strewn paddock and eat thorns.

As for needing to compete - please don't assume that we are all like you. Brown nosing judges, or anyone else, for that matter, has never been a pastime of mine. But then, you've got the nose for it.

[ 20. September 2012, 10:59: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am completely offended that my work-supplied keyboard doesn't do fancy-shmancy foreign lettering, like lilBudda's.

*stomps off to beat the crap out of an unsuspecting IT technician*

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

Leave the IT bod alone Starbug. LilShowoff just spent an hour researching doughballs and their variants, then copied and pasted from Wiki. Of course you wouldn't think of that.
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That was deliberate. That was unforgiveable! That was so way, waay, way over the top - drawing attention to Starbug's alleged thoughtlessness. Isn't it a central tenet of the ship that shippies are thoughtful until proved otherwise?
I'd go on, but I'm too upset. You, of all people, Bean!

[ETA to add two more "ways". Hope you appreciate my restraint.]

[ 20. September 2012, 15:30: Message edited by: pimple ]

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Oh the grammar's fine and you know it. Go pick on Syllie.

I am funny that way but I prefer people to pick their own noses.
Each to his own, as you Anglo-Saxons say, no? It's why God handed out one each.

PS: Uh?? Where do all these other intervening posts come from? Did I stop reading when my name was mentioned? [Hot and Hormonal] got distracted, sorry. Multi-tasking men...

[ 20. September 2012, 15:57: Message edited by: Sylvander ]

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't give me that. You just thought my post was too feeble to get annoyed with. There are peope like you all over the ship. Don't get irony, subtelty ublety subtelly sluttlbey oh ***** to hell with it -NO Ididn't say that!

[ 20. September 2012, 16:15: Message edited by: pimple ]

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You arr zo annoying! Vot is zis "irony" ?
Komm pleass teatsch me.
Sank you.

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh, baby, that is so unfair. You know what it does to me when you go all Third Reich like that.And you know it is a really bad thing to happen to me in public, you rascal. And here I am sipping an iced coffee at Starbucks and having to restrain my girlish gasp so as not to scare the baristas.

Please be kind.

--------------------

Below the Lansker
Shipmate
# 17297

Hi guys! I'm back! Smarting from some of the acerbic critique aimed at me by the obviously challenged (though not auricularly) Psychobunny (NOT).

What truly astounds me is the sheer amount of free time at your disposal to contribute so much (quantitively, not qualitatively) to the thread. Are any of you making a valid contribution to society? (Note to Big Ears, coffee consumption does not count) Is this what I pay my taxes for? Has this thread now become occupational therapy for the distressed and deranged?

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Below the Lansker:
Has this thread now become occupational therapy for the distressed and deranged?

Surely this is the only explanation for your presence, yeah?

Oh, and Bunny Girl, you were restraining your gasp? I thought surely you would be restraining the baristas. [Disappointed]

What has happened to our Kelly? Do your best to set an example and they turn on you, becoming all proper-like and leaning towards respectability. A shame really.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
What has happened to our Kelly? Do your best to set an example and they turn on you, becoming all proper-like and leaning towards respectability. A shame really.

Please Hornbone. Learn to read for comprehension. None of us are turning on Flopsy, but turning Flopsy on.

[ 21. September 2012, 02:18: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

Count me out. I just want that foot.

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

No, no you do not. If you knew what that foot has been... <shudder> Were it just a foul, unwashed, thoroughly stanky foot, {and it is all of that) it would be awful enough. However the things she does with it, the places she puts it, the people, nay creatures, who allow her to do so...It makes the skin crawl, the eyes cease to function, the nostrils seal themselves shut. I will no longer stomach her within a 2 miles of me. You will think I exaggerate, as indeed I did before I saw. Oh gods, what I saw. I was blind from shock for nearly a week after.
Lucky rabbits foot? Lucky to never encounter it.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Giant clown shoes and Host Fez ON, mothafuckas!
That's IT. NO MORE. Hornskull and Flopsy, just get a room and do the deed already, okay? Same goes for you, Syllie, and . . . well, everyone.

This thread has been a disgrace, a violation of every single damn commandment we could have come up with—especially, Horny One, number six. This has gone on long enough; I rather suspect I'll have to get the admins involved to clean up the mess. Even with my abuse of host powers, I can't finish this one off.

You lot are an utter disgrace. All the offensive insults, all the awful puns, all that flirting—"and then they all fucked" is probably going to be the epitaph in Limbo for this one.

Shame on all of you, and good riddance.

Goddamn thread fucking CLOSED.
AristonAgamemnonAstuanax, Almighty Circus Host of Certain Death

[ 21. September 2012, 03:06: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016