homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Job Search Support Thread (Page 30)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  44  45  46 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Job Search Support Thread
Joan_of_Quark

Anchoress of St Expedite
# 9887

- Posted      Profile for Joan_of_Quark   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to hear about your experience, Beenster. You are not alone, there's a lot of incompetence and no small amount of malice out there. I think Catrine's suggestions are all very sensible.

Personally, I am just about angry enough with my present situation to be able to use that kind of information - I've been in my current position just under 18 months and just about everything that can go wrong has. I've been too overwhelmed by it to do much to get out from under, but my energy is returning now and I'm getting my preparations for the job-hunt underway. The point where it's affecting your health is the point where it's beyond any kind of joke - and I have a chronic condition that doesn't exactly respond well to stress (do any of them!?)

Hold onto the fact that you did nearly get a job - only lost out because the job unexpectedly went away, not because of anything you couldn't do. So somewhere soon you'll get another one!

--------------------
"I want to be an artist when I grow up." "Well you can't do both!"
further quarkiness

Posts: 1025 | From: The Book Depository | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks Catrine and Joan of Quark. I appreciate the moral support and thougthtful replies. I am just back from an evening with a bottle of red wine and <hic> a friend. I rely on friends to maintain the sanity.

It is very true, interviews are about selling yourself. At my last interview, I said that you need to be a good actor to be a PA (my role) but actually it applies for any job - to a degree.

I am just impatient. I want to get out NOW and I don't want to have to put up with these creeps ANY MORE - but better to go for the right thing than just anything. It could take months, sometimes I don't think I have the energy to put up with it - but the gin will see me through.

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fingers crossed for brighter horizons for Beenster, J of Q, and all those in need of a position where they can both grow and bloom.

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Help! I'm having a bit of a panic!

At some point in the job hunting process, hopefully sooner rather than later, I'll be having a job interview.

How should I answer the question "Why did you leave your last job?"

I really left my last job because the workload was waaaay too much - three people's job piled onto me when one got fired and the other went out on long term disability. Obviously, if I go into the details of that whole episode, I sound like a whiny idiot who can't handle any kind of pressure - I also don't want to say anything bad about my former employer, or make it sound like I'm blaming them for my problems.

I've never had to answer that question before (since I've always had a job while interviewing, and the diplomatic "I feel it's time for a change and I'd like some opportuity to broaden my horizons" works just fine in that situation) and it's starting to keep me awake at night!

And yes, you can safely infer that since I'm asking this quesion now, I have yet to get a single job interview. Which sucks.

--------------------
Hate filled bitch musings...

Posts: 1336 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear IzzyBee, I just read your blog, and I think I love you. [Smile]

You should have a job - a really nice, well paid job in which you will have the potential to speak to a lot of people, at length. The world needs you. Is there no scope at all for you to have a space of intentionally 'not working' (as 'not working while desparately job hunting' does not have the same feel to it) and explore the freelance writing market? Then, at least, you can tell potential employers that you took time out 'to pursue alternative lines of enquiry' or similar.
Then you can lay on how much you missed being part of a team/working co-operatively and so on, and although you've now proved to yourself about self-motivation and own initiative (blah,) you've realised/decided that teamwork is where your heart is.

But actually, I think you'd crack it as a columnist.
let us know how it goes...

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aw, you sure know how to make an unemployed gal blush [Hot and Hormonal]

Unfortunately, there's not too much scope for me to be happily unemployed - Mr. Iz's paycheck doesn't stretch very far, so I really need to have a job, although that actually does give me a good idea - when I left my present job with no prospect of another, I told everyone who asked me that I was going to spend the rest of the summer with the Izlet, having some quality time (which I did, only I was job-seeking at the same time). It was a polite way to say to my co-workers who didn't know exactly why I was quitting that I wasn't headed anywhere else, but didn't want to drag my dirty laundry with the company into the open.

Perhaps something along those lines might work in an interview situation?

And thank you - seriously, noone has ever praised my writing before, so you've put a big smile on my face.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Also, if you were doing more work than you should, you probably weren't able to do as good a job as you'd like, right? So, I think you can also say that the quantity of work you were doing didn't allow you to be more than good-enough and you aren't happy working at that low level. I'm having trouble spinning it correctly, but perhaps you get the idea.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Why not be honest, but keep it vague? "Due to a combination of circumstances I was left to do the work of three people and management were unable to recruit anyone to assist me. In the short term this was all right but it was too much to sustain this quantity in the long run."

If the potential employer thinks that you ought to be able to do the work of three people indefinitely, then you don't want to work for them.

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I get that interview question. I say about the hours I worked (8-8) and that I wanted a work-life balance as it wasn't sustainable. I back it up with commitment to working late during busy hours, regularly working longer hours than necessary (8-6 or so) but on a daily basis it is not ok.

It seems to work that answer - it shows that a) healthy attitude to work and b) commitment to the cause.

There is nothing wrong with not taking crap lying down and I think that can stand you in a positive situation.

Good luck.

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

Well, I had a phone interview, I got called back for a three hour in-person interview with everyone in the department I'd be working in and.....

I didn't get the job. I'm really disappointed, since we desperately need the money and the benefits now, but in a way I'm a little relieved. I'm not sure I'd have liked the job a whole lot. But boy, those benefits would have been nice.

So now it's back to a completely empty drawing board. Which sucks.

Sorry, just had to vent a bit.

--------------------

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Izzybee, I am so sorry, and thanks for letting us know. Job hunting is so wearing.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Commiserations Izzybee. Fingers crossed that something wonderful, fulfilling, and with grand benefits is just around the corner for you and everyone still searching!

--------------------

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah yes, neandergirl, the "grand benefits" are very important. And harder to find. but hang in there Izzybee, and we will hang in there with you.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

Well, an encouraging sign!

Last night I was stressed out and couldn't sleep, so I got up and started looking at a few newspaper ads that I hadn't looked at in a while. I found a job similar to the one I was doing before, but hopefully much less stressful (for a much smaller company doing a much nicer part of home construction) and emailed in my resume - at 1am - what must they think of me!

Well, I got a call first thing this morning for a basic phone interview, and it seems to have gone pretty well. Apparently I'm supposed to expect a call in the next few days to set up an interview!

--------------------

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
yippee! keep us posted...
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

Fingers crossed izzybee

My job seeking is not proving fruitful, the last job I referred to, I got down to the last 2 and then - lo and behold - the current incumbent withdrew her resignation. I have had other interviews since but I get amazed by poor behaviour by the interviewers. There is very very little out there and to be honest, I am grateful for the fact that I have a job.

I signed on with another agency today, will sign on with some more.

My other issue is - it is so so busy at work that getting out for interviews is just so hard. My boss is omnipresent and like a little bee - flitting from her office to my desk - so any absence would be quickly noticed.

just have to keep going.

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

Ugh - sorry to treat this thread like my blog, but I need to vent.

Really promising job prospect doing what I was doing before never bothered calling back.

I've applied for a job with a major bookstore chain, and they at least called me back right away and set up an interview. Interview is tomorrow. It's not what I want, and I'm sure they're just hiring for the holidays at minimum wage, but it would be money coming in (and some is better than none!), and I've just got to deal with it for a bit. I've applied for a job at our local supermarket, too, but have yet to hear back from them.

This sucks.

--------------------

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

So sorry to hear that Izzybee. It can be very to keep the chin up. I don't suppose there's any point in calling the good prospect just on the off chance that they've been unexpectedly busy, lost your contact info, or something?

Fingers crossed for you and all those looking for a suitable position.

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm jumping in.

I thought it was polite to read the current page, but I did not want to back further. Not yet.

I applied for four jobs today. I haven't worked since June 2006. I say i have been house renovating, but that's just easier than saying I've been unsuccessful in looking for work.

They say there's a skill shortage, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Anyway, it always makes me feel that there is some hope if I am waiting for a response to an application. But there is a lot of "If you haven't heard from us in 2 weeks you were unsuccessful". I had a rare feedback from an interviewer the other week. Most times you don't even get that. A couple of years ago I flew 1000km for an interview, and they never got back tome after repeatedly leaving messages.

I'm off to my weekly social tennis soon. At least it takes my mind of not working for a while.

Sorry for such a dump start, but this probably happens a bit in this thread. I'm glad it is here. my future posts should balance this one.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

do call the people, Izzybee. I once got a job by sheer persistance in the face of no response. (they told me later, that they admired that.)

Johnboy, best of luck with the current applications. It is astonishing how rude people can be - interestingly the ocasional feedback does show you/we are playing with a stacked deck - all kinds of nutty contradictions.

Interview technique seems to be a skill and career all its own...

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

I also wrote, but it disappeared...

I meant to ask if you decided to accept the bookstore job. I like the thought of working in a bookshop, even though the money isn't great, especially when the kids at school are vile. Lots of lovely, clean, silent books...

good luck everyone.

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

Hello all -

My confidence is plumetting, I don't know how others keep going. I have had a lot been thrown at me recently - all of which is compounding. I am doing the stoic thing and keeping going but I am not the Beenster I once was. I will return, but the process tough.

I do feel so terribly trapped in my current role, and also by other things so two life lines today - one in Abu Dhabi and one in London. The second was a better role, the first would be a real escape which may be what I need. Time will tell - but at least I have a job.

Never give up, never give in.

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just been told that I have an interview on Wednesday. The agency rang and told me that someone in the organisation knew me and had a good opinion of me. Well that is good to hear as my last contract was with them and I had professional conflicts with a few of them, but support from others. Helpds me be more confident for the interview.

Now its a case of psyching myself up.

Beenster,

After I left one job I realised I had been professionally abused. I did not realise it at the time, and did not realise I was depressed. I used to go for long lunch time walks round the local park. I missed the obvious signs: they had a floor referred to as The Departure Lounge where you sat in front of a computer and did nothing. I was not on that floor, thank God. I heard one of the people there committed suicide.
It was compounded by the guilt feeling that a christian should be happy, and this was another failure. So maybe I realised it but was blocking it out.

I don't know if this helps you or anyone. I know I can be missing the mark. Just trying to repay my "debt" from my first post in this thread.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Trees
Apprentice
# 14168

- Posted      Profile for Trees         Edit/delete post 
I got the job I interviewed for 2 weeks ago! I have been doing a short familiarisation course (with more to come). I start properly on Wednesday! [Smile]
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh good grief, this thread has been here all along. I should have been posting stuff here. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

Yay! Well done Trees!
Fingers crossed for everyone still in the search.

--------------------

rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well done Trees!

To everyone else, I am now two months into my new job and enjoying it. Keep going - it is worth it in the end!

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

Congratulations and good luck to the Trees. Hope it is everything you want and more.

And also thanks to Rufki for the encouragement.

I had another agency interview today - it was fun, I enjoyed it but who knows where it might lead - if anywhere. I am so seriously thinking of looking abroad but have no language skills. I have lost count with the agencies I am signed up with.

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've updated my resume and my profile on a bunch of job sites. [Yipee]

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think I've calmed down enough to start posting about work here instead of in hell!

I have a few promising leads, and the possibility of some temp work. I think it's unlikely that I'll get any payment in lieu of notice, so I need to earn something in November.

This is the 3rd time I've been made redundant.

And that my self-pity quota used up right there - onwards!!

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:
I've updated my resume and my profile on a bunch of job sites. [Yipee]

Yooo- Hooooooo

Big steps and li'll uns. [Yipee]

[Votive] for those job searching right now who talk on this thread or lurk. May God grant you peace.

[Votive] for your families. May God grant them peace.

[Votive] for anybody helping you. May God grant them peace

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

A big 'Amen' to that!

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had a mini-meltdown last night. I think it was a variant of the Sunday Night Blues, where I felt really sad about having no work to go to the next day. I managed to talk myself out of it quite well, but it threw up some interesting questions for me.

My professional experience is quite specialised, so I need to decide if I continue to specialise, or really go after a commercial job. A commercial job would be easier and would pay better, but I might have to hunt for a long time for a company that will view my specialist experience as an asset.

Or maybe I should retrain? Maybe I should emigrate?? I'm turning backwards and forwards and making myself dizzy!

The right path will become clearer, but I need to do some serious thinking. I need to work out what I want form the next 5-ish years of my life. In the past I've always been too much of a coward to really plan and I need to change that. One of the stumbling blocks is that in the next five years I'd love to marry and have a family, and I don't know if that'll happen. So I get stuck there...... [sigh] I need to sort myself out!!

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

I hear you, Mad Cat. As far as I've managed to get with a five year plan has been "It has to get better than this".

I'm still unemployed.

I've also got a dilemma on my hands. In Maryland, you can apprently claim unemployment benefits if you quit your job because of pressure and harrassment. I'm trying to decide if what I went through really counts as pressure and harassment, and whether I really want to fight about it. Mr. Iz is of the opinion that it was definately harrassment, and I'm just scared to fight my former employer over it.

I was given 24 hours to decide whether I wanted to work for my company any more. They hired a deli manager to be my boss after I had held the department together single handedly for six months, and when I complained, that was the vicepresident's response. Interestingly enough, when I did quit, the deli-manager was fired the same day.

I went through a period of sexual harrassment before I left, too. I had previously reported sexual harrassment from one colleague - he handed me a CD Rom which supposedly had something else on it. When I opened it up (on my work computer, no less) - it was hardcore porn, and although it was documented, it was also pretty much ignored - he was more important to the company and harder to replace than I was. I didn't even bother reporting the second episode (from a different colleague). In fact, Mr Iz doesn't even know about the second episode, because he was so upset the first time it happened.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to do. I've been without work for four months now, and money is tight.

I do want to make it abundantly clear that I'm not asking for legal advice here - I'm just a scaredy cat and hate confrontation, so I just wanted to vent...

--------------------

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

Please, please, Izzybee, go to whatever passes for a citizen's advice bureau in your neck of the woods and get some advice. It sounds like harrassment to me, and totally outrageous. I don't know your laws, but the longer you leave it, the more likely it is that anyone who remembers or could back up what happened will have gone and be lost. My sister left her job and it took her a whole year to admit even to us (the family) what had happened. Being the NHS (for whom she still works, but in a different dept - for far less money) it closed ranks and she won't ever get justice, but is feeling a lot better with the resolutions that have been put in place. It has a knock-on effect to your whole life. Give em hell. It'll affect everything, how you stand and walk and present yourself - how you come across at interviews. GO for it. A whole bunch of people will be on prayer-standby...
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

Izzy, I agree the way you were treated is and was outrageous. I also know that the decision to sue, or take some sort of legal action is a complex one. Only you can decide if you want to go that route. However, getting some legal advice will let you know what your options are, the benefits and the risks. Just getting the information is taking action, and may help you feel stronger.
Blessings and and prayers.

--------------------

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

Thanks, guys.

I'm definately not going to sue or anything - I'm way too chicken for that (plus the CEO is a lawyer - I'd probably get eaten alive). I am thinking about filing for unemployment and explaining the situation though.

It was hard enough to write my resignation letter (which was quite forthright in listing the ways I felt I had been mistreated). This is a whole step up from that because when the company I used to work for object to my claim (as they most surely will), I'll be forced to take it to a hearing. I'm not exactly good at talking in front of groups of people, especially when detailing things that still keep me awake at night.

What's crazy is that even though this is troubling me and keeping me awake at night - even though I don't have health insurance, I'm sick and I can't go see the doctor - even though we're planning a zero-cash Christmas this year (not a bad thing in my opinion though), if I had to do this all again, I'd still have quit my job. It sucks, but it's still not as bad as it was for the last six months of my job.

[ 03. November 2008, 20:08: Message edited by: Izzybee ]

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Izzybee

Look when you go to file, take a copy of your resignation letter with you. That and find someone confidential to talk it over with. Not your husband as what you say affects him too much, maybe your cleric, maybe a good friend, but someone who will just listen to you in confidence. Yes you need advice but you need to be heard first and this ain't the place to get that.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

Izzybee, that is all a terrible story. I second Jengie Jon's advice, I would also document everything in date order and get a really clear head about the sequence of events. It is slightly therapeutic for starters getting it all out of your head and in a clear order, but the main thing is it will be very important in any upcoming conversations you may have. If you are anything like me, all the salient points will go out of the window when under pressure.

I continue in my dreary little hunt to leave the current job. My confidence plummets by the days and I just don't really know how much longer I can keep going - I am inches from walking out. Not a good idea. Sorry, just moaning, I want the next job sooner rather than later and I want it great and I want it now. And there is nothing out there.

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

I posted online applications to 5 jobs today! And someone called back though I was in the shower! [Yipee]

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

Yay Chast!!

I have several leads to follow up tomorrow. I'm going to go to the library to work on my CV in Word, rather than struggling at home with Open Office.

Feeling blue at the mo. I met up with my former colleagues for lunch, and it brought home to me how tough the job market is. There are jobs out there, but so many excellent candidates.

I'm wobbling because I really didn't sleep well last night. Tonight I will have a hot bath, and tomorrow will be better.

I've identified that I need a long term plan, but to cope with the ups and downs of my job search I need to practice not looking too far into the future. In the meantime, hot baths and hard music keep me distracted.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Job interview tomorrow for something more in my field of editing/proofreading/research! [Overused] [Yipee]

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

Great news Chast!! Good luck - let us know how it goes......

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

2 years and four months of being without work are about to end.
The agency person I have been dealing with for a contract 'phoned to say that (unofficially) I have a 12 month contract. I should hear officially soon, and start in the next few weeks.
It's such a relief. Sometimes I wondered if I would ever get any work apart from being an election official on election days.

I had a pub meal after social tennis today as a minor celebration.

--------------------

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

Congratulations, Johnboy!!

--------------------

anaesthesia
Shipmate
# 12368

- Posted      Profile for anaesthesia   Email anaesthesia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a job interview next Wednesday.
It seems like the perfect job (if such a thing exists!) and I so need it!
Ana
[Axe murder]

--------------------
How on earth did that happen?

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

The interview went VERY well but I did not take the job -- the agency seems very impressed by me and will be looking for ones which pay more and/or are closer to where I actually live. [Yipee]

--------------------

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

I love hearing the good news stories, it gives hope.

Thanks for sharing and congrats!

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

Hear hear - thanks for the updates!

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

Awesome to see some good news from people - and Ana - great news - I'llbe praying for you tomorrow!

Well, talk about highs and lows.

I have a job interview on Friday for a job that would be super convenient - working for the town that I live in. I'm excited although I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

I also heard that the one position I interviewed for and got rejected for was frozen, rather than another candidate being hired. I don't know why, but it makes me feel better.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  44  45  46 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016