homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Job Search Support Thread (Page 39)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  44  45  46 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Job Search Support Thread
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[tangent]

That has happened to me on occasions, JtL, and I find a restart solves the problem, pain though it is.

[/tangent]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Always apply.

Figure out a way and apply. Its worth the exercise if nothing else.

Speaking of worth the exercise, I did not get that job.

Oh well; learned a lot out of the experience. Nice to be appreciated enough to get the interview. But, for whatever reason, not meant to be it seems.

Only one other resume out there right now. I need to get in touch with a few people this week. Networking is easy for me when I'm working, but hard when I'm not. [Frown]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's a bugger, Og. Not sure what I can say.

In the absence of any news about our funding (not that I want to stay anyway), I've just got my three month's notice. This would be a REALLY good time to get a clue as to what else I could do... [Help]

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Once again, out of the mist, jobs were flagged. Once again, spouse and I sweated over application forms, and long-but-not-too-long personal statements.
Once again, the aftermath is deafening silence.
Once again, we have not been shortlisted.
Last couple of tines, he has been shortlisted for his, but I have not for mine. Tell a lie... I got one interview, but not the job.
It's been 3 years now.
Is this a messgae from the almighty to just do the bloody jobs we have?
Mine goes down to 2 days a week in September.
Which is good for my sanity but bad for the 4-kids-to-put-through-university and the mortgage.

[Frown]

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to hear that, Og and Taliesin - better luck next time.

Sandemaniac, is your line of work something that can be done for another employer (or is there something similar can be)? Is moving to a different part of the country an option? Hope you find something that suits you.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An apt moment for me to reappear, it seems.

It was confirmed today that "our" Wellcome Trust grant was renewed, but it was stripped of funding for technical staff. So that's me out on my arse in three months time.

I probably could move, but we are in a major location for this sort of thing (one of the top three in the country, in fact). There's no shortage of places where it could be done, but I have a nasty feeling that I fall between two stools - too expensive for the technical posts, and not qualified (or interested, in many cases) for the higher jobs. Add to that we're perfectly placed for the Knotweed's job as well, and she's in a line where it's going to be pretty hard to find another job for at least a couple of years, and moving seems less of a good idea.

It's all going to be very interesting...

AG

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Well, it seems that I suddenly have two interviews in two days.

Now I just need to find the job description for the first one, so I know what the hell it is!

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looking for things lost seems to be the order of the day.

I have another interview tomorrow and was sitting at 1 today thinking I had it all down pat and fine and felling good

and then I open my email

and the people I'm interviewing with has changed

and I see I need to bring my degree

and two hours later I've found it

and now I'm not so fine.

Well, actually, I'm more confident then the other positions I've applied for and I know what to expect, including expecting the unexpected. Its gone from two people I know to one of those, one other person and somebody from HR. I've learned a lot from the prep work and even if I don't move forward with this position.....I keep on learning.

I must admit, my favourite time of job search is the prep for interviews. I enjoy the interviews too but the prep work is where I feel I am learning, and that's an important value for me.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

# 3200

WOW

An enjoyable interview where I can't see where I messed up.

How....fun.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Og and Sandemaniac - BEST OF LUCK!!! Hope you didn't/aren't going to mess up.

[Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Thanks, Piglet, and hope you get good news, Og!

I've been attempting to research the first one, and it will be utterly outside anything I've done before, and using brand new kit that only the very, very top institutions use so I can't find out much about it from anyone else. They also give so little detail - "The primary role is to carry out service projects in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures. This involves sample handling, performing complex experimental procedures, using and maintaining high-technology equipment." - that I really don't know what it will involve, other than that it will be very new and involve lots of technology. Lets put it this way - I only know what section it will be in because I've looked up the panel on their staff list!

So I shall try to relax and treat this one as a practice interview, and get lots of feedback afterwards.

The second one is a lab manager post. That I know I can do, I don't know if I want to (it's rather like being offered all the crummy stuff you do, and know you can do, but don't find very satisfying), but beggars can't be choosers.

We shall see!

AG

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Added for forgetfulness: But the first one would possibly be a way into working with ancient DNA... which I'd love to do!

AG

--------------------

# 3200

All the best with those. Every interview I have been in, there is at least one question I wasn't prepared for. So, yeah, practice makes perfect.

--------------------

Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wrote a test for the federal Public Service today. The job would take me to Ottawa. I think I did OK.

They conducted the test by e-mail, they send you the questions and you have an hour-and-a-half to complete them. I hope to hear something soon on the next stage. After Easter would be timely.

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Argh - still waiting to hear from either. First one would definitely get priority, as the interview for the lab manager one just reminded me how soul destroying I find that aspect of my job (not helped by the department admin person's insistence that it was strictly a mangement* post, so I didn't bone up on the research... which it turns out you get quite a lot of time to help with, so if they'd asked me about that I'd have been screwed...).

Now I can feel the irrational anger creeping in round the edges, and know I've got a slump in mood coming in. It was OK when I could do something - post applications and so on - but with all the bank holidays in quick succession here no-one is placing new ads. I've been sending my CV out to agencies, but it's a bit like throwing stones into a bottomless pit and waiting for a splash - they just vanish. Not being able to offer them a lot of help as to what I want to do doesn't help. I'm definitely having a mid-life crisis!

Ho hum - will just have to hit the allotment and take it out on the weeds (or the cricket pitch, and likewise the ball).

AG

*not a deliberate typo, but I like the image it creates, so it stays!

--------------------

# 3200

The waiting after the interview is the worst part.

With passover and easter this week, I was told my latest interview would not be responded to until the end of the month.

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Hrumph. Got back from holiday to find the FOAD letter from the manager post, and not a squeak from the other - which, I suspect, is bad news.

While I can't say that I wanted the first job, I now have less than 2 months to find something else... eek!

AG

--------------------

# 3200

Was told that news would be this week about the interview I most recently had. Sent a quick note to HR just mildly inquiring, a perfectly acceptable thing to do. Got a nice "I'll get back to you note." But, still no news and references not contacted, it seems.

The position starts a week Monday, I was told, so they have to do something next week.

I don't like waiting.

--------------------

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Right. Time to join you all.

We've relocated 400 miles partly so I have more chance of getting back into work with my parents around to help with the odd bit of childcare that might fall outside childminder/nursery hours.

I've just spotted 2 jobs I think I should apply for - job one is part time which I prefer while they are tiny; but only termtime and not great pay. Pay minus childcare costs for two kids = £9 a week. Then remove commute costs and other costs = making a loss. Unless the kids spend one day a week with grandparents then we have £55 a week minus travel and other work costs. Hmmm.

Job two is much better money but fulltime. And wants flexible hours so not neat for childcare as Mr.M stays late as needed for his job. Until I saw the advert I didn't think I was considering FT as the kids go to bed at 7pm so I'd hardly see them all week. Is it fair for me to do a challenging job at the cost of their time with me while this young?

So I need to sort myself out and dig out all my job application paperwork from the packing boxes. None of my jobs use CV's, so you have to write a new application form out every time. I am going to make myself a file of all the dates/qualifications etc that I need to draw on to make myself the ideal candidate.

Exhausted just thinking about it! Ah well. Back into the fray I go.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Malin - welcome to the finest of cities (not sure how long you've been here already but there we are...) and godspeed with the job search [Smile]

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thankyou, it is indeed a very Fine City. Just arrived in March and have been selling our Glasgow house and are almost through buying a new one here. Once settled I will organise a shipmeet to see who else is lurking around! [Big Grin]

--------------------
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

St Deird
Shipmate
# 7631

- Posted      Profile for St Deird   Author's homepage   Email St Deird   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just got offered a casual retail job, that will allow me to support myself while doing voluntary editing work and waiting for my editing career to skyrocket.
It will also allow me to quit my soul-sucking office job that is about to land me with full-blown depression.

...now, how on earth do I tell my parents that I'm quitting my high-paid full-time engineering job to get casual work selling shoes?

*is suddenly nervous*

--------------------
They're not hobbies; they're a robust post-apocalyptic skill-set.

Posts: 319 | From: the other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St Deird:
How on earth do I tell my parents that I'm quitting my high-paid full-time engineering job to get casual work selling shoes?

First of all, congratulations on being able to make the move from something you hate into something you think you're gonna love.

You know your parents and how they will react. Back in the days when I was job-hopping, I would have told my parents that the old job was making me miserable whereas the new one looks like it will make me happy. And that sure, it won't pay anywhere near as well, but the money will be enough and money can't buy happiness after all.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
badger@thesett
Shipmate
# 16422

- Posted      Profile for badger@thesett   Email badger@thesett   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St Deird:
Just got offered a casual retail job, that will allow me to support myself while doing voluntary editing work and waiting for my editing career to skyrocket.
It will also allow me to quit my soul-sucking office job that is about to land me with full-blown depression.

...now, how on earth do I tell my parents that I'm quitting my high-paid full-time engineering job to get casual work selling shoes?

*is suddenly nervous*

as you said in the first part it sounds positive and about you having a plan so moving on in life, as you put it the second time it sounds like you opting out to doss...

[ 19. May 2011, 17:46: Message edited by: badger@thesett ]

--------------------
handle with care, can explode without apparent reason

Posts: 319 | From: Hull | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
# 3200

Still here.

Oh well....

Looking for a volunteer opportunity.

Considering further education.

Probably a career change.

Learning a lot but still....not happy.

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
((((Og))))

Sorry to hear that. The waiting sucks.

At least I am in a job while I have been looking. In my head I have decided to stick it out till September, then if I can get just one more Open Uni course to tutor on I can do that exclusively without dropping my current salary, and then join a nurse bank to keep my hand in with the clinical practice side of things. Last month we went on holiday, Saturday to Saturday, and the Thursday morning was the first day of the holiday I woke up having not been dreaming about work [Frown] Definitely time to move on.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
OhSimone
Shipmate
# 16414

- Posted      Profile for OhSimone   Author's homepage   Email OhSimone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just noticed this thread; very helpful. My wife and I are applying for various things at the moment in order to get out of London for somewhere where we can actually afford to live. I drive, she doesn't so where we end up a bit depends on her (teaching) applications - we're hoping either Worcester or Solihull. This week will tell.

In the meantime, I'm apply for jobs vaguely near either of those. 5 done, no replies, yet.

Deep breath.

Posts: 198 | From: The Black Country | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Ho hum, still here. Still throwing applications in like there's no tomorrow - and still no joy. I'm supposed to get priority for interviews as an internal candidate, but I keep finding that the whole shortlist has been priority candidates, because so many people have had their funding cut. As for the position I got an interview for six weeks ago, and STILL have not heard a squeak back from... and will not tell me a thing about it when I prod them because "it's still ongoing" - oh COME ON! There is obviously something badly wrong going on.

Four weeks to go. Nothing in the pipeline. No clue. This is fucking with my head. I could have thirty years before I retire... and this shit every two or three until then? Right now anyone telling me about the joys of the mobile labour market is likely to find my toes round their back teeth, I've kicked them so hard up the arse.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

AG

--------------------

# 3200

[Votive]

Had a bit of an epiphany today about the future. Not sure where this will go but thinking is better then sitting doing nothing.

--------------------

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

Got an application in for a part time job. Waiting to hear if I have an interview. It's the normal 'if you hear nothing in 3 weeks presume you aren't wanted'.

I was going to apply for another but the pay was so low and term time only so childcare and travel costs would have made me a loss.

I'm excited about getting to work on non childcare work again, but daunted about finding childcare that's decent, affordable and and flexible enough to fit the job.

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Thanks, Og - I appreciate the odd candle, y'know. Consider the thought reciprocated.

Funny old day - went to a careers thing, found it was all aimed at people doing/with PhDs (it's a University - no surprise), but got some good networking done during the talks on getting fellowships by talking to the exhibitors.

Not sure whether to be amused or cheesed off to be greeted by someone with a cry of "Don't tell me you're still in Science!" - though that was still better than the response I got from her predecessor in the post who simply patronised me when I asked for help.

Anyway, giving more thought to training in a trade...

AG

--------------------

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

Oooooooooooh! I've an interview next Thursday 16th for a part time job I really want.

I'm more anxious about sorting childcare for Malino (1 on friday) and Malinette (2) than I am about the interview right now.

Oh and my car is making horrible noises and this job needs my own car.....

Still excited though!

--------------------

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

Well the interview went well I think. Now to wait until the beginning of next week to see how I compared to the other candidates....

--------------------

# 3200

All the best with that.

Still chugging...feeling better about things but still chugging along.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My wife is modifying her resume to have human resources for a reference instead of the wicked witch of the west who coerced her into resigning. At least they will say she was there for several years and almost always showed up for work! I shall tell her about this thread.

In an ideal world, it could look like she quit to go to grad school because she would rather teach high school and community college English instead of grammar school music. In the meantime she is helping to edit an on-line magazine in her field and doing book reviews for a professor in her department. These will provide good references and she expects to graduate with honours.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Interview coming up... on my scheduled last day at work! I really want this one, despite the pay cut involved...

AG

--------------------

Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Best wishes Sandemaniac, I hope it goes well.
Posts: 1897 | From: Cattle crossing | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Cheers, mate - fingers crossed for you too!

AG

--------------------

sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have an interview on Thursday - they phoned me up today and said I'd been shortlisted. I think I hung up just before screeching "I've got an interview" at my housemate...Problem is, I've only ever had one proper interview before - everything else has been for an agency or university type things...Are *real* interviews that different?
Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In my limited experience, somewhat swankier settings for the interview perhaps, but really rather similar. Go try to enjoy yourself and good luck. [Smile]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

Am still nervously waiting to hear if I got the job or not .... better get back to checking the job adverts.

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by sophs:
I have an interview on Thursday - they phoned me up today and said I'd been shortlisted. I think I hung up just before screeching "I've got an interview" at my housemate...Problem is, I've only ever had one proper interview before - everything else has been for an agency or university type things...Are *real* interviews that different?

Excellent news!

I usually prepare for interviews by looking through the job description and (particularly) the person spec, and try to come up with some questions relating to each bit of the JD and PS (if you're lucky the person spec will even say how they intend to measure how you shape up - ie qualifications they can assess from the application form, but your experience of multi-tasking/teamwork/systems management/whatever it is and how that experience would benefit this position is more likely to be assessed via the interview, if it says specifically that something will be measured at interview then you can be pretty confident there will be a question on that issue).

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Wise words, JtL.

Sophs, best of luck - just be yourself, try and smile at the interviewers and make them think that you're absolutely the person they want to employ. If the Potential Employer has a web-site, have a look at that to give yourself an idea of what they're about.

--------------------

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

Gutted. Didn't get the job. Another candidate fitted the criteria better. Aaaaaaaaaagh.

It was perfect - part time hours so I get some adult functioning time and the kids get a couple of childcare days but don't feel too abandoned. No commute as based from home. Enough pay to leave something over after paying childcare costs for a 1 year old and 2 year old.

Everything else I am seeing is basic wage and less than childcare per hour. Right. Back to searching again.

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Oh bloody hell - that sucks!

Better luck with the next one... [Votive]

(God, I loathe getting platitudes in these circumstances, but what the hell else can you give?)

AG

--------------------

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

Cheers. I've gritted my teeth and emailed the interviewer for feedback (as my rejection letter offered).

Hopefully it'll be constructive.

--------------------

molopata

The Ship's jack
# 9933

- Posted      Profile for molopata     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
(God, I loathe getting platitudes in these circumstances, but what the hell else can you give?)

At least a platitude is better than what I've often encountered: stony silence. After making you write multi-page statements to certain topics etc. to be submitted with your application, your prospective employer doesn't as much as acknowledge they've received it.

--------------------
... The Respectable

Posts: 1718 | From: the abode of my w@ndering mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

The silence is awful. I was glad to get an interview partly so I knew my emailed application form - which I had spent days on - had at least reached them for consideration.

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

quote:
Originally posted by Molopata The Rebel:
At least a platitude is better than what I've often encountered: stony silence. After making you write multi-page statements to certain topics etc. to be submitted with your application, your prospective employer doesn't as much as acknowledge they've received it.

I went for an interview nine weeks ago, and I still haven't heard back. After a month I rang them, probing for feedback, and got fobbed off with an excuse that they couldn't tell me anything while "matters were still ongoing".

Fuck 'em.
Fuck the horse they rode in on.

AG

--------------------

molopata

The Ship's jack
# 9933

- Posted      Profile for molopata     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, totally. And good riddance. You wouldn't want to work with bastards like that anyway.

--------------------
... The Respectable

Posts: 1718 | From: the abode of my w@ndering mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  44  45  46 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016