homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Sine Nomine Training Grounds (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Sine Nomine Training Grounds
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, you should have stuck around. A crowd gathered, and Cyndi Lauper herself emerged from it an joined me in harmony. Check YouTube, it's all over the place now!

You're just too stupid to understand my statement.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That does seem possible; however, I understand what most people say. For perspective, do many of your friends, family and acquainances have difficulty following your thought process?

When you looked in the mirror today, did you gasp in horror or just accept what you saw there as your present reality?

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Both, actually! [Killing me] Isn't it fun getting older?

[Here's one I used on someone once:]

If your professor didn't call you on that, you should be refunded your tuition.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why thank you. Have you got the cheque?

I have house plants with a higher IQ than you.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In that case I'd be very careful - houseplants with the intelligence of a genius may suddenly decide that it's you that needs pruning!

I see you didn't have time to tidy up

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know. Once I'd finished my dissertation, taken Kofi Annan's call and citizens-arrested the burglar, the day had simply flown. What have you been up to?]

Looks out of kitchen window - 'I pay a lovely little man to do our garden, do you want his number?'

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You are so very kind to offer, thank you! He can help keep up what I have worked so hard to achieve.

There is a girl at my salon who does wonders with even the most hideous rat's nest. Would you like me to set an appointment for you?

[ 17. November 2012, 16:10: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't have rats in the house, but thank you. If I ever spot any, I'll keep that in mind.

I see you're growing your hair out. I always hate that phase when you just can't do anything with it.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And I just have to toss it back in its natural untamed splendour.

Don't you think it's time you stopped wearing turquoise glitter eyeshadow at your age?

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sweet of you to care, but I think it keeps me safer cycling after dark.

You have such lovely teeth. Where did you get them?

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I inherited them from my mother.

The children of teachers and preachers are always the worst behaved, aren't they?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So which was your mother, teacher or preacher?

Don't let you mind wander - it's far too small to be let out on its own

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't you know that size doesn't matter? Besides, I'm often accompanied by the great minds behind great books.

Where did you get that ugly painting? A garage sale?

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Yes, it was a real bargain. It's an antique, you know, and will make a fortune when I sell it at auction.

You look like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards

(I just know what Kelly's answer to this would be!)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's the latest windswept look - you're obviously not keeping up!

I see you're into the vintage look

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
pjl
Shipmate
# 16929

- Posted      Profile for pjl   Email pjl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, at the moment I'm into antiques, can I buy you a drink?

Was that your wife I saw you with last night?

Posts: 576 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

No, it was yours!

It must be lonely having such a minority taste in music

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We do pay a price for our good taste.

I know a remedy for thinning hair - would you like it?

[ 21. November 2012, 06:52: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, don't you worry, loves, they say the hair will come back when I stop taking chemo.

But surely someone with as many degrees as you have could be making smarter choices.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

- Posted      Profile for kankucho   Author's homepage   Email kankucho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Try not to be so self-deprecating. I don't mind your company at all.

Are you a born idiot, or do you have to practise?

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" – Dr. Carl Sagan
Kankucho Bird Blues

Posts: 1262 | From: Kuon-ganjo, E17 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

Every day, I so envy your instinctive flair for it.
You incense-swinging tat queens really get up my nose, in every sense.

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

My wife feels the same way, but hey, in church I'm the boss.

Don't you ever brush your teeth?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, but I'm going to be a patient for a dental student's final exam, and the instructors advised me to have my teeth nice and messy! And I get free dental work! w00t!

Ohmygosh, you live in THAT house? What'd you do, find it in a Dumpster??

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Isn't it awful? But we're taking part in a TV makeover. Wait till you see it in six months.

I see you're wearing your other suit.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

Other than the birthday one? Yes, don't want to frighten the horses.

When there's no more to be said on a subject we can be certain you'll still be saying it.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone has to have the last word.

You're still using that old technology?

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

I'm a Luddite at heart and cling to tradition.

I see you are running after the latest novelty again.Haven't you learned by now that if you wait a year the product will be freer of bugs and much cheaper?

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I look so cool being the latest trendsetter - and graciously spare you any silly mistakes into the bargain. What's not to like.

What the Dickens are you still doing singing those old songs in that old choir?

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Have you heard the belt sound of the youngsters? The old songs are the best, and so is the old choir's technique. The ignorance of some comments has to be heard to be believed, but now you at least know where the quality is. Thank you for giving me the opportunity of enlightening you.

Leggings? Did you forget your skirt?

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have you seen me in a skirt? It's quite fetching, actually. I don't like causing car crashes from when people turn around to get a second look, though—I know, I know, you wouldn't understand.

Dear Lord, were you born in a barn?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You were there, Mom, you know I was. And OK, I'll turn the water into wine, stop nagging me.

You are such a show-off. What makes you think you are so special?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

- Posted      Profile for kankucho   Author's homepage   Email kankucho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have it on the highest authority. Mine.

Well, thank you for your free and frank opinions. They were worth every penny.

--------------------
Kankucho Bird Blues

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They are indeed worth every penny in the universe. It's good for my soul to give them away for free.

It's such a shame you can't afford nice things, isn't it?

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

It's a good thing that the best things in life are free, isn't it?

Are you going to put something smart on before you go out? (said just after you've got yourself ready!)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, I hope you don't mind, I borrowed this out of your wardrobe, retro is "in" these days.

Are you ever going to submit any homework?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
pjl
Shipmate
# 16929

- Posted      Profile for pjl   Email pjl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You mean I can bring my girlfriend to school.

When are you going to buck up your ideas?

Posts: 576 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have this great idea to play Buckaroo.

Why can't you ever listen?

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

When you say something worth hearing, I will.

Everytime I go near you, there's an odd smell.

--------------------

kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

Yes, I've noticed that too.

'I never forget a face, but in your case, I'll make an exception.

[ 09. December 2012, 20:16: Message edited by: kankucho ]

--------------------
Kankucho Bird Blues

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

It's my voice which is memorable.

( Said with intolerably lofty kindness) - Let me do that - it's so easy. You look as if you could do with a rest.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

You always wait for something easy before you offer to help.

If you were any more stupid you would photosynthesise in sunlight

[eta - stolen from an old Hell thread, years ago.]

[ 10. December 2012, 12:07: Message edited by: balaam ]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

What can you expect of a lily of the field?

Don't worry - I know you did your best.

--------------------

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

Oh dear, you're so generous I must confess... I was actually stitching you up. Quite successfully as it happened. Now I feel awful, will you forgive me?

Your old vinyls are amazing, I've not heard the Osmonds in years! I was more Dylan and Leonard Cohen myself.

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Yes I can see how Cohen would feed your rather self indulgent depression. But we do have the capacity to change our feelings, and I'm more for an upbeat mood.

[This seems to be rather on the I refuse to be insulted, but I don't mind insulting you, lines.)

Said by an adjudicator at a competition I'm sure with some more rehearsal the choir will manage to get it right.

--------------------

claret10

Ship's Paranoid Android
# 16341

- Posted      Profile for claret10   Email claret10   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who said we were trying to get it right?

That is a good idea, even though you suggested it.

--------------------
Just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does

Posts: 137 | From: Somewhere, nowhere, anywhere | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you, thank you, thank you - you see my judgement is improving.

- - - -

What an appalling taste in dress you show these days!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Thank you, thank you, thank you - you see my judgement is improving.

- - - -

What an appalling taste in dress you show these days!

Oh, I am so surprised you think so. I had taken you as my role model.

You used to be so much more astute

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

Not at all, it's just that at last you're catching up with me so I no longer dazzle. Well done!

Your boy's the spitting image of my trainer! Who do you use?

[ 18. December 2012, 23:58: Message edited by: Bean Sidhe ]

--------------------
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Oh I think he's better looking than your old boot.

You used to be such a nice child...

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you! It was a good foundation for who I am today.

You look like a sack of potatoes tied up in the middle.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016