homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Well Hooray. Guardian Readers Will Tell Me How To Vote (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Well Hooray. Guardian Readers Will Tell Me How To Vote
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hedonism_bot:
In Leninist jargon: the lumpenproletariat in a bourgeois society have developed a false consciousness and will only come to a realisation of class interest by actions of the revolutionary vanguard elite.

Hmmm. Did Lenin get laid more by talking this incomprehensibly? Or can we lay the blame for his totalitarianism on the fact he wasn't getting any?

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
Here is an article in USA Today about the effects of the Guardian initiative.

Moo

Well I say we use this in the next election as a tactic in a swing state. Only this time try to get them to vote for Jeb instead of the democrat.

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KenWritez:
Hmmm. Did Lenin get laid more by talking this incomprehensibly?

It's ironic how one can use a plethora of words to verbalize a paucity of thought.

But then, talk's cheap.

The Black Monk
Sockpuppet
# 8771

- Posted      Profile for The Black Monk         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've seen a few TV programmes in recent months where journalists have gone out interviewing American voters.

I don't think the Guardian readers could have made any difference one way or the other whilst so many Americans appear to be under the sickening delusion that they have an intelligent, hard working, God fearing, 'Good ol' Texan boy' (some people interviewed actually said this!) sitting in the Whitehouse.

When there are people like Bush sitting in the Whitehouse, all the rest of us can is turn to God and pray for deliverance!

Posts: 45 | From: Lifeman's laundry pile | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Overdramatize much?

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And such a novel concept too. This Internet thingie is edumacational. I've never heard anything like that before!

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Black Monk
Sockpuppet
# 8771

- Posted      Profile for The Black Monk         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Scot

I evidently failed in my attempt to understate the situation!

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Black Monk:
I don't think the Guardian readers could have made any difference one way or the other whilst so many Americans appear to be under the sickening delusion that they have an intelligent, hard working, God fearing, 'Good ol' Texan boy' (some people interviewed actually said this!) sitting in the Whitehouse.

I now officially hate you. Because now I feel compelled to point out the stupidity of your comments, which is a de-facto defense of Dubya.

The "delusions" about Dubya you cite as self-evident are:
  • intelligent - I think most of this guy's policies are fucking stupid, but that's the nature of my philosophical beliefs. For those who agree with his philosophies, he probably doesn't seem quite as stupid. Moreover, regardless of appearances, and my suspiciions, we don't exactly have any WAISS-III numbers to comment on.

• hard-working - You don't really expect that he could have stirred up this much shit just by lounging all the time, do you? He didn't win this last election by winking at a couple cameras from his La-Z-boy while sipping margaritas, chump.

• god-fearing - His ilk of belief seems to resonate with at least some portion of the population. Who the fuck are you to decide who doesn't seem god-fearing to them?

• 'Good ol' Texan boy' - Being governor of Texas officially qualifies someone as being Texan in perpetuity. Dumbass.

Now go fuck off and die and get off my side, while I bathe myself in bleach.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Black Monk
Sockpuppet
# 8771

Rook,

I understand that you hold the exhalted position of
'Host' but I would be grateful for clarification as to what it it means to be 'officially hated'.

Are there some Shipmates who you hate informally or unofficially?

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There are people I hate, and people I don't hate as much. This status can be unknown to people other than myself, or they can be offically announced. Your status is currently without ambiguity.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
  • Intelligent - This is a man who can barely string two words together to make a coherent sentence without a teleprompter. He has absolutely no original thought. He was a frat boy alcoholic, who's father greased the slides into an Ivy League school and later a cush job as jet-jockey in the state-side reserves to protect his lilly ass from random shrapnel poisoning. His entire agenda is the work of others, dominated by big business and oil.
  • hard - working - The only "work" this man did was run an oil company, invested in by the Bin Laden family, which ultimately failed.
  • god-fearing - Oh, yes. In danger of losing his wife and family because of his drinking, he was introduced to Billy Graham by his father, saw the light and accepted Jesus as his saviour. Now we have a man who believes he has "...a calling from beyond the stars to stand for freedom."
  • 'Good ol' Texan boy' - Did anyone notice the number of cowboy hats in the crowd at the recent inauguration?

[ 22. January 2005, 02:19: Message edited by: Gort ]

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

It really pisses me off that I feel compelled to defend Dubya any more at all. I shall have my revenge, you tungsten-pantie wearing freak.
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bite my 10ghz front-side buss, you expatriot, puck flingin' canuck.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
hard - working - The only "work" this man did was run an oil company, invested in by the Bin Laden family, which ultimately failed.[/QB]

Not true. I think he also ran a baseball team or something into the ground.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

All he did was count beans in the front office and pass out season tickets to his cronies.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
All he did was count beans in the front office and pass out season tickets to his cronies.

Have you ever tried counting beans? That's hard work, man!

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Yes, I did. It gave me ulcers and broke up my first marriage. Now, I live a simple life of contemplation and philosophic philanthropy.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Is that what made your hair go white?

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

No. That was a 27,000 volt ground fault shock I received while adjusting the convergence on a new color picture tube during my television repairman days.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
quote:
hard - working - The only "work" this man did was run an oil company, invested in by the Bin Laden family, which ultimately failed.

Not true. I think he also ran a baseball team or something into the ground. [/QB]
"Hard-working"

One of the commonest excuses put forward for people who aren't reaslly up to the mark. I'd rather have an idle sod that can do the job than an industrious one that can't.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016