homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Get out your foil hats! (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Get out your foil hats!
Ripshod Prym8
Apprentice
# 5757

- Posted      Profile for Ripshod Prym8   Email Ripshod Prym8   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Note; I originally posted this on the Heaven board, but the thread was locked and suggested that I rethink my post and send it to Hell.

I'm a newbie here and I haven't been lurking very long. I was under the (perhaps erroneous) impression that one purose for this web site, among others, is to propogate and nurture a healthy sense of humor about religion as a whole, and christianity in particular.

This is just a story. It's entertainment. If you're a fundy, you won't like it and I'd love to hear what you don't like about it if you'd care to let me know. I like to stir things up and I do have a lot of time on my hands. If this is entirely inappropriate for this site, I offer my apologies and will reevaluate my take on what you guys are doing here.

Thank You'
Rip

P.S. I hope I've cleaned up the formatting enough to make it more readable. It's supposed to be fun, after all. I've tried to delete all the carriage returns. I hope that helps.

I've never put much stock in conspiracy theories. Lately I've been unencumbered by practical thought and have latched upon an idea which, while horrible in its implications, could explain a lot. Maybe I'm trying to start an unfounded rumor, or pitching a movie treatment, or perhaps I'm just being paranoid, I don't know. I'd like to find some logic to dispel this theory, but every argument I can make against its possibility is based to some degree upon unsupported faith that our president and his advisers are sane and well intentioned. I cannot deduce that from the facts.

George W. Bush has as yet failed to make clear his motivation for invading and occupying Iraq. His main stated objective, the defense of the homeland, is spurious at best. There is no evidence that Saddam Hussein or any Iraqis posed a threat to any Americans. The WMD's did not exist. If he was in fact convinced before the invasion that they did exist, and that was his true motive, one would have expected some adjustment in policy when his motivation disappeared or shifted. No, he was not afraid of Saddam. We could take the cynical view that it's all about oil, but there are many ways for the president to help increase the oil companies' profits without going to the extremes of war. To my mind, there has to be a motive so grand, so world changing, that it rises above all other considerations of freedom and justice, but yet so polarizing that it dare not be spoken by name.

The pivotal factor may be religion. Bear in mind that your president believes that the universe was created, pretty much as we see it now, just six to ten thousand years ago. He believes that every creature alive today is a direct descendant of those that rode out a storm in a small boat three thousand years ago. Not only does this expose a dearth of critical thought on his part, but it leads to many other necessary conclusions based upon attempts to interpret the bible.

As you may know, fundamentalist christians are divided with regard to most issues of faith. The diverse groups, all referencing the same book, come to different conclusions about what their god requires of them. Opinions are often at polar opposites in matters as fundamental as the means to salvation itself, but there is at least one bit of christian dogma which spans the sects and serves to unite them all, and that is Judgment Day. Any literalistic reading of the bible leads to its inevitability. Even if two bible thumpers can't agree on something as basic as the necessity and method of baptism, they must come together in awaiting the rapturous return of their personal savior.

The nature of the second coming is discussed much in the bible, but the prophecies are unclear, disjointed and contradictory. The exact timetable for the end of the world must be gleaned from different books by several authors in both testaments. The exact timing of the rapture with respect to the apocalyptic wars and pestilences we're to endure is unclear. There are dispensationalists, tribulationists and pre-tribs and who knows what else, but all sects have one glaring, undeniable act in the prophecies, one physical deed which has yet to be performed before the return of their holy ghost can occur, and it requires no divine intervention. The Jews must rebuild the temple in Jerusalem. There's no way around that, biblically speaking.

Suppose, if you will, a secret, long-established cabal of extreme fundamentalists, both christians and Jews, a mutually beneficial agreement that the rebuilding of the Jewish temple is of great spiritual urgency. After all, it has been foretold and is a tenet of both religions. Each for their own reasons, the recent actions of the Bush administration and of the Israeli leadership would make sense as precursors to the construction of the temple. Unfortunately for those who would offer their respective gods an assist with his divine will, there happens to be another shrine now existing at the ordained building site. The Dome of the Rock, one of the holiest sites in all of Islam, is there. It is the supposed birthplace of the prophet Muhammad, if I recall correctly. It certainly wouldn't simply be a matter of condemning the property and taking bids for construction. All of the hell which can be mustered in the entire muslim world would come crashing down upon Israel on the day the first brick was laid. Therefore, lots of preparation is called for. Given the obvious hubris evidenced in the words and deeds of the president, I have no doubt that he knows that with god on his side, he could pull it off. After all, this much is prophesied and someone will bring it about. Your president is thoroughly convinced of this. Why could it not be through him? Given his belief in prophecy and his status as undeniably the most powerful man in the world, can he look at this world and determine that there was ever or will ever be a time better than now, or a man better than he to bring it about?

With a major military base in western Iraq, the U.S. could do much to defend Jerusalem from the hostility of its neighbors. The Israeli pullout from Gaza and the construction of the new wall will establish lines for a complete shutoff from Palestinian evildoers. Could Israel's leaders ever hope to convince their constituents that closing their capital off from the world and digging in for cover from the ensuing onslaught would be worth it so they can finally fulfill their divine destiny? I don't know, but it's safe to assume that The Temple is a major piece of unfulfilled cultural lore and a big reason why Israel was created as such.

Yes, that would explain so much. What better reason for Bush to act so short-sightedly than the conviction that the long term does not exist? If he expects to bring about Armageddon, I can understand his reluctance to be bothered by the mundane and inconvenient aspects of his position, such as upholding the constitution or giving a damn about a bunch of heathens who are destined to die on the vengeful sword of god and suffer for all of eternity anyway. Helping to bring about the beginning of the end of days would pretty much consume his time and efforts if he felt it was his duty.

Forget the past outcry surrounding the reluctance to elect a catholic president due to his obligation to uphold the teachings of the pope. As twisted and nonsensical as papal edicts are, they are issued by a man with a constituency. He must at least make a case for the justice and morality of his positions. We are now led by a man who answers only to his own idea of the supreme being himself. His fealty is to a being who created morality itself and is therefore above it. Bush's god need not explain itself
because it works in mysterious ways and they are unknown to us and not questionable by us. It surely is not ours to doubt its desires or the actions of those working in its behalf. This god's attributes are revealed in its own historic text to be venal and spiteful. Have you read the bible? I have, and I wouldn't want to have lunch with that god as defined in it, much less spend an eternity with it. Fact is, he comes off as a mean old bastard.

Which brings us to the upcoming election. What wouldn't a man so driven do to bring about his godly mandate? Would he use a reprehensible but unrelated act of terrorism to further his agenda? He might. Would he install a like-minded follower as the designer and builder of the vote counting machines and otherwise try to assure that he has the time to bring his plan about? He might. Might he even encourage or facilitate a spate of new terrorist acts to scare the populace into rallying behind him and his secret cause? I hope not. Might he even, by dint of these acts, declare martial law and cancel elections or, as a last resort, delay the transfer of power to his successor?

This whole paranoid notion of mine could be dispelled or confirmed by an honest answer from the president to one question: "Do you believe that you or any of your actions or the results of your actions have been foretold in the bible?" I'm afraid I'll never know for sure because I long ago gave up on getting honest answers from him to any question at all.

That's where this little conspiracy story ends. If it is a movie treatment, I'll leave it to others to write the second reel.

R. Prym8

[ 15. November 2004, 10:31: Message edited by: Nightlamp ]

--------------------
"the only difference between myself and a madman is...
I am not mad!
-Salvador Dali

Posts: 2 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

- Posted      Profile for Orb   Author's homepage   Email Orb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I read it. Why, I don't know.

--------------------
“You cannot buy the revolution. You cannot make the revolution. You can only be the revolution. It is in your spirit, or it is nowhere.” Ursula K. Le Guin, The Dispossessed

Posts: 5032 | From: Easton, Bristol | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ophthalmos:

I tried. I failed.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
BuzzyBee

Ship's Drummer
# 3283

- Posted      Profile for BuzzyBee   Email BuzzyBee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God what a long post. Welcome to the ship Rypshod Prym8. I think we can look forward to some interesting discussions with you but I think we'd be grateful if you were generally a bit more brief.

For the benefit of other readers who can't bear to read all the above, I think the gist is:

George Bush is a fundamentalist christian and perhaps he believes that his actions in the middle east are going to help bring about the end times for the glory of God. Discuss. (apologies if this is a misrepresentation)

My answer - yeah, you may be right. That's what happens when you elect someone to be president of the most powerful country in the world who has NO BRAIN AT ALL [Biased]

--------------------
BuzzyBee
~~~~~~
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. Martin Luther King, Jr

Posts: 465 | From: Bristol | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Qestia

Marshwiggle
# 717

- Posted      Profile for Qestia   Email Qestia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I really think you should turn it into a rip-roaring Dan Brown novel. Just break the whole thing into page long chapters and be sure to define all words of two or more syllables.

--------------------
I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t an Aslan to lead it.
I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia.

Posts: 1213 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripshod Prym8:
This is just a story <snip> I do have a lot of time on my hands. <snip> Lately I've been unencumbered by practical thought

So we see.

quote:
Suppose, if you will, a secret, long-established cabal of extreme fundamentalists
No, thank you.

quote:
Have you read the bible?
Gosh, you know, it's been awhile since I picked up any book, but now that you mention it, it does sound familiar.

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Posts: 3069 | From: near a lot of fish | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
irreverentkit
Apostle's Amanuensis
# 4271

- Posted      Profile for irreverentkit         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whenever I come across a conspiracy theory, I have this incredible urge to [Snore] [Snore] [Snore] [Snore] [Snore]
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, but you see, irreverentkit, that is all part of the cunning plan.

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BuzzyBee:
My answer - yeah, you may be right. That's what happens when you elect someone to be president of the most powerful country in the world who has NO BRAIN AT ALL [Biased]

... elect?

PS: My God, I think that OP was longer than some of my own posts. [Biased]

[ 16. April 2004, 17:57: Message edited by: ChastMastr ]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nah, BuzzyBee, Chast, the last time we did that was when we elected Clinton. Who also claimed a lot of the same religious stances any other Southern president ever did, unless I'm remembering my hallucinations instead of real memory.

I too speed-read the OP.

Maybe it fits Reagan more than Bush...

[ 16. April 2004, 18:00: Message edited by: Janine ]

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
Nah, BuzzyBee, Chast, the last time we did that was when we elected Clinton. Who also claimed a lot of the same religious stances any other Southern president ever did, unless I'm remembering my hallucinations instead of real memory.

Those "religious stances" would be the ones he assumed when Monica was looking up at him with a worshipful gaze, yes? [Devil]

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Siena

Ship's Bluestocking
# 5574

- Posted      Profile for Siena   Author's homepage   Email Siena   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Prophetess:

Plan? We don't have plans. What you mean is a "cunning list of actionable items." [Devil]

Sienna

--------------------
The lives of Christ's poor people are starved and stunted; their wages are low; their houses often bad and insanitary and their minds full of darkness and despair. These are the real disorders of the Church. Charles Marson

Posts: 709 | From: San Diego, California, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
irreverentkit
Apostle's Amanuensis
# 4271

- Posted      Profile for irreverentkit         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sienna:
quote:
Originally posted by The Prophetess:

Plan? We don't have plans. What you mean is a "cunning list of actionable items." [Devil]

Sienna

Oh good. As long as someone is 'tasked' to execute all the actionables.
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"healthy sense of humour about religion"

Speaking as someone who only fraternizes with religious types in order to make fun of them, let me ask you a question, Ripshod Prym8. Where, exactly, was the funny part?

Perhaps I missed it after my eyes started to bleed.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
"healthy sense of humour about religion"

Speaking as someone who only fraternizes with religious types in order to make fun of them, let me ask you a question, Ripshod Prym8. Where, exactly, was the funny part?

...understandable, really.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. Words fail me. Pity they didn't fail the OPer. Instead, they seem to have pummeled him to death, and now are coming after the rest of us!

Sieg

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by irreverentkit:
As long as someone is 'tasked' to execute all the actionables.

My head just exploded trying to decode that.

David
hates it when people verb nouns

quote:
Originally posted by Laura.:
quote:
...understandable, really.
Must... not... snicker... at... work... too... loudly... [Killing me]

David
too easily amused

PS:

(RUN NOW)

(NO, REALLY, THIS ONE IS REALLY HORRIBLE)

(DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU)

quote:
Note; I originally posted this on the Heaven board, but the thread was locked and suggested that I rethink my post and send it to Hell.

So we can say:

CURSES! FOILED AGAIN! [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

[Inserts UBB corrections such that even ChastMastr would have difficulty denying the obviously violated chastity.]

[ 16. April 2004, 19:53: Message edited by: RooK ]

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Oh damn.

I just screwed up my code.

In Hell.

Where RooK is reading it.

I'm DOOMED!
[Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]

David
impales self on dangling parenthesis to escape RooK's WratH

--------------------

Alt Wally

Cardinal Ximinez
# 3245

- Posted      Profile for Alt Wally     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have I told any of you how John Anderson controls my thoughts through the use of short wave radio?
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

quote:
Originally posted by ExAltaWally:
Have I told any of you how John Anderson controls my thoughts through the use of short wave radio?

I hope he doesn't control your appearance as well. One mug like that is enough.

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Alt Wally

Cardinal Ximinez
# 3245

- Posted      Profile for Alt Wally     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, it's worse than that! He just instructed me to have dinner at Red Lobster. R-e-d L-o-b-s-t-e-r. He knows I don't like Red Lobster!

This is sick! It has to stop!

Stop!

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Although this is Hell, I think this deserves a politer reply. So here’s my attempt at it.

I've never put much stock in conspiracy theories. Yes, let’s keep it that way. Always prefer the cock-up theory to the conspiracy one. I might buy the idea that Bush is a front man for some (possibly very unpleasant) vested interests. But I don’t buy your version of what the conspiracy is about.

George W. Bush has as yet failed to make clear his motivation for invading and occupying Iraq. I think you mean that he has failed to give a motivation which you find convincing. Oil supply is a fairly important and obvious reason, though not IMHO by any means the only or even the most important.

There is no evidence that Saddam Hussein or any Iraqis posed a threat to any Americans. I speak as an anti-war person myself, but I think you overstate your case here. If you had said ‘no evidence that they were involved in 9/11’, I would agree with you, but a lot of very worthy and honest people believed in the existence of WMD even if they didn’t buy the final ’sexed-up’ version of the British dossier.

I agree that the idea that certain players in this game might be unduly influenced by fundamentalist ideas is not entirely implausible and is certainly quite terrifying. However I think you should leave fundamentalist Judaism out of this; my impression - though I’m a very long way from being an expert - is that fundamentalist Jewish sects don’t have much patience with their government, albeit for different reasons than us liberals (I speak loosely).

And yes I think both the US and the UK governments wouldn’t be above using the terrorist threat to boost their election prospects. But that doesn’t mean they are completely insincere. They are probably also quite aware of the fact that that strategy has its dangers. And as for rigging ballots - well, I think quite a lot has been said about that already in relation to Bush’s election. I don’t know enough to comment.

I could find myself in agreement with the idea that the reasons for invading Iraq were either a) simply wrong-headed or b) well-intentioned but badly thought through (especially in terms of assessing the impact on the Islamic community). I agree that a lot of what is happening is counter-productive, dangerously so, and I could believe that some of the thinking of some of the key players in this area (a minority, I think) may be unhappily influenced by ideas about religious duty which many of us would find mistaken, muddled or downright bloody mad. But that’s about as far down that road as I go. I think the reality is more sad, less mad but probably just as depressing as the picture painted by your theory, RP8.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sifting out all the conspiracy theory chaff...as someone who grew up fund., I have sometimes wondered if Bush thinks he's helping to usher in the End Times.

Even if that's *one* of the problems of his administration, I think there are others--lust for oil, greed, ego, empirism, massive incompetence, delusion, elitism,...and just generally not being nice.

But elected??? [Projectile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
irreverentkit
Apostle's Amanuensis
# 4271

quote:
Originally posted by GoldenKey:
Sifting out all the conspiracy theory chaff...as someone who grew up fund., I have sometimes wondered if Bush thinks he's helping to usher in the End Times.

No, I honestly believe Reagan thought he was helping to usher in the End Times.

I just believe that Bush doesn't think at all.

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

quote:
No, I honestly believe Reagan thought he was helping to usher in the End Times.

I seem to remember the James Watt gaffe, though this may be more of an urban myth.

(I do so miss that board. Wood! Oh, Wood! Bring it back, would you?)

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Remind me about Watt, please? Was it generally "the environment doesn't matter, 'cause Jesus is coming soon"?

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

That's the one, yes...

--------------------

Padingtun Bear.

Bear of Very Little Brain
# 3935

- Posted      Profile for Padingtun Bear.   Email Padingtun Bear.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just keep watching for earthquakes bringing down the Dome of the Rock so that the Temple can be rebuilt...

Y'heard it here first, folks!

Sorry - I couldn't read the whole post in heaven, and I'm not going to try again down here. My eyes are tired. It's Friday night and I've had a hard week. If it's important, God can tell me in the morning.

--------------------
Shameless publicity for a great new book:
A voice from the fringe

Posts: 961 | From: South Oxfordshire | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I just believe that Bush doesn't think at all.

I agree. Believe it or not, there's a whole boatload of us fundamentalists who don't do "End Times" at all. And we certainly don't think there's anything we could do to influence it.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, my end time is all that is important to me...

But I am a Bush supporter anyway.

Hey, anyone got a link to somewhere that will show me how he stands on all that end-times bushwa?

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

"Rethink" doesn't mean reformat to get rid of CRs and then just cut and paste the damn thing.

Notice the second syllable: 'think'.

God, I just love it when the newbies plunge directly into Hell, all bright-eyed and clueless; I wonder if this is how Satan feels? [Devil]

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, I imagine that Satan feels smarter.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grits
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe he was actually just told to "go to hell" and assumed it was an invitation to repost. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know I'm flighty and have a short attention span, but it was a teensy bit long. Ripshod Prym8, may I suggest that next time you code what you perceive as the humorous bits in boldface. It's easy "[ b ] [ /b ]".

We skimmers would appreciate it.

P.S.: Sorry you're unemployed. Hope you get a job real soon. Idle hands are the devil's tools.

Grits
# 4169

Yes, he doesn't realize yet how irked me and my cabal can get.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think he's really from Tennessee. I think he's from Kentucky and ashamed to admit it.
Grits
# 4169

OMG, I hadn't even noticed his location!!! Maybe he's one of the few who read Gail Kerr's article this week in the TENNESSEAN about the Ship's 11th commandment contest. (Sine would not know about this -- he's much too elitist to read our local rag.)

I'm delighted he's so close -- it will be much easier to get to him. He must be stopped. (Do people from Tennessee say "fundy"? If so, they must all be doing it behind my back. [Waterworks] )

Wonder if he's been to the Dali museum in St. Pete...

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's one of yours? [Eek!] From the Sine-Tortuf-Grits (age before beauty [Biased] ) group.

Right, that's it. You lot are going.

Well, you are if you ever post something as crap and as long as that.

Chastmastr usually squeaks by with his long posts cause they contain something that'll make me snicker - even if it is only his desperate desire to be as scrupulously fair to as many sides as possible. He has so many feet in different camps that he's got more feet than a millipede [Biased]

And wouldn't you just know it had to be an atheist who posts the long dribble. At least with a christian, they'll claim it's from God and you can tell them to send it back.

In summaryl: I hate most of you, especially Sine, Tortuf and Grits.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Grits
# 4169

You know, there might be fund-raising potential in that last statement, Sarky.

Step right up, folks. Toss yer pennies, cough up yer hard-earned dollars and find out who Ms. Sarky hates most! There is a nominal fee to place your name in the running. Sine, Tortuf and Grits are disqualified (on account of them being previously crowned) and will assist in the counting of money... er, votes.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
In summaryl: I hate most of you, especially Sine, Tortuf and Grits.

That was very unkind and I'm rather hurt. But putting my own feelings aside, I'm concerned about that coal of bitterness that burns in your soul, my dear. It's probably why you're at home on Friday night.

I'll pray for you. As I learned to do in my aborted spiritual development class.

I just wanna lift up my sister, Sarky, Jeezuus...

Grits
# 4169

I would be hurt, but she did put in that "age before beauty" disclaimer.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

She's doing a "divide and conquer" thing. Don't fall for it.
Grits
# 4169

Sneaky British b***h.

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*snicker*

And Sine? Just remember who taught you that prayer. Just remember who gave you the advice surrounding it. Just remember who you pay monthly by direct debit to ensure that your little secret doesn't get out.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

You're with the FBI! My God.
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

When I said that I knew where you lived - I actually meant it [Biased]

--------------------

Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

I'm still trying to figure out how foil hats fit into the picture. Let me guess---they block the radio waves with which the governor of Tennessee is trying to control one's thoughts?

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*cough* *cough* Attention bitches!

You are digressing from the sacred OP!

Now, to get back to the subject matter...

[music plays in background, America's Theme Song]
I love Dubya and his gang, I think he rocks and I believe the bible is true so there Mr. Atheist. Bet that burned you! Wow, you can't sleep at night! Neither can I...knowing that you feel they way you do about us fundys..boo hoo.

Now please tell me why I should care what you think. And make it short and pithy, I haven't got all day and a short attention span. After all, I am a INFJ Meyer's-Briggs™ personality test. Thx you flaming Liberal. Kiss my facist @$$.

[edited to add some flavor]

[ 17. April 2004, 01:08: Message edited by: duchess of delights ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

Great duchess. Dubya, bible thumping, Myers-Briggs, "liberal" as an insult, and your ass - all that post needed was your Magic 8 ball, and I'd have been forced to flame you outta Hell, and into TnT (or something).

You're edging up my most-hated list (Sine is still on top - which must be something he rarely hears [Snigger] )

--------------------

Michal
Shipmate
# 5337

- Posted      Profile for Michal   Email Michal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ophthalmos:

English Johnny replied: I tried. I failed.

Me too. Was there a punchline?

--------------------
Living Christ, you are risen from the dead! Love reigns! NZ Prayer Book, 1989.

Posts: 170 | From: Water and Dunes | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016