homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Get out your foil hats! (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Get out your foil hats!
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<Ahem>...uh, so which of the Hell Hosts actually read every word, as required? [Biased]

(Or did you ask a Purgatory Host to do it? After all, they're used to long boring posts.)

[Responding to Nightlamp on the previous page.]

[ 18. April 2004, 15:46: Message edited by: Sine Nomine ]

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone doesn't keep up to date with 'Hosts and administrators - notice of shore leave' in the styx.
I don't read most stuff posted whilst I am away but I read all the most recent OP's but my brain couldn't cope with this one.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Hot and Hormonal] Actually I did read that. Unfortunately I've slept since then.
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I read it last night and miraculously fell asleep almost instantly. Hallelujah.

Unfortunately I had a terrible dream about minutes and hours of my life being sucked into a vacuum cleaner of conspiracy which was chasing me, being pushed by no other then the great W himself.

OK I'm lying but GOD was that dull

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Royal Peculiar
Shipmate
# 3159

- Posted      Profile for Royal Peculiar   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I read it in Heaven in its orignal incarnation. I initially thought "Here's a troll trying to wind up Evangelicals, Roman Catholics and Republicans all at once." I read the 1st para in Hell and decided that he may be sincere in as much as he really wants a humerous discussion of something or other. I did not bother to read the rest of the OP.

--------------------
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Oscar Wilde

Posts: 405 | From: Barking, London | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whatever he meant, it appears to be a hit-and-run, flash-in-the-pan newbie. [Snore]
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No shortage of those.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trevor
Shipmate
# 3644

- Posted      Profile for Trevor   Author's homepage   Email Trevor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
OK, 'fess up, did anyone actually read every single word of the OP?

I did, but the only reason I got through it that I used to browse Crank Dot Net a lot and I got used to stuff like that. But that OP was just off-the-shelf uninspired paranoia. No style at all.

--------------------
my joy has been transfinite

Posts: 196 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I read the whole OP, word for word. I intend to exact revenge if an opportunity ever presents itself.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We won't stand in your way, RooK.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moschops
Ship's dinosaur
# 3034

- Posted      Profile for Moschops   Email Moschops   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kenwritez:
A pic of Sarky and Sine wearing a strap-on?

Why would Sine need a strap-on? Oh, right the lesbian thing. I just can't keep up around here. Unlike the strap-on, presumably.

I read the whole OP. I'll take issue with this bit:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripshod Prym8
This is just a story. It's entertainment

(Italics mine).

Not unless the definition of entertainment has changed radically. I may sue for misrepresentation.

--------------------
"A salesperson's first job is to make you miserable, because happy people don't want anything." - Scott Adams.

Posts: 559 | From: The Permian Period | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grits
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe he meant that the OP would make for an entertaining thread, which it has. I say "hats off!" to Rimshot8675309 (or whatever it was).

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
OK, 'fess up, did anyone actually read every single word of the OP?

I did. I knew Nightlamp was on shoreleave, and I figured jlg was too flaky to have read it.

I figured RooK would read it simply to try and find some entertainment, and when he couldn't find any, would wander off to pick on Hoppy or something.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nobody calls me mezzo:
Won't share the strap on? What in the world do you do with a strap on if you're not prepared to share it? I can't imagine how that would be any fun at all.

He means I won't let him take a turn with it [Biased] All he does is caress it though, because it's bigger than IbP's [Biased]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
A pic of Sarky and Sine wearing a strap-on? [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Just think of the fundraising possibilities in that!

(Some will pay to see it ... and some will pay to banish that image from their minds. [Snigger] )

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
I read the whole OP, word for word. I intend to exact revenge if an opportunity ever presents itself.

No wonder you didn't have time to talk today when I was in the Rose City. Reading that OP would suck, or at least suck a lot of time down the toilet.

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zeke
Ship's Inquirer
# 3271

- Posted      Profile for Zeke   Email Zeke   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I actually read it all. [Eek!] I kept thinking it was going to start coming together and making a point, and it kept not doing it. Pretty conventional stuff, actually. He seems to think it was outrageously irreverent and shocking. Probably cut and pasted it from the original site it was on. I also have noticed that he does not seem disposed to return.

--------------------
No longer the Bishop of Durham
-----------
If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be without it? --Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5259 | From: Deep in the American desert | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amazing Grace*:
quote:
A pic of Sarky and Sine wearing a strap-on? [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Just think of the fundraising possibilities in that!

(Some will pay to see it ... and some will pay to banish that image from their minds. [Snigger] )

Yes please! What will it take and how much will it cost?

--------------------

IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

- Posted      Profile for IntellectByProxy   Author's homepage   Email IntellectByProxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
quote:
Originally posted by nobody calls me mezzo:
Won't share the strap on?

All he does is caress it, because it's bigger than IbP's
By itself that is nothing to boast about.

--------------------
www.zambiadiaries.blogspot.com

Posts: 3482 | From: The opposite | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
I hate most of you, especially Sine, Tortuf and Grits.

Following Twilight's example, I thought I'd look up an old thread and sift through it searching for offense.

I'm hurt and offended. OK, so it was in April. I'm still hurt and offended.

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sine, we must bravely clad ourselves in the armor of Self Righteousness™ and resist the temptation to take offense from the rabid utterances of our social (and dare I say, in other ways as well) inferiors.

Remember, we are from the Buckle of the Bible Belt and we must set an example that other, lesser, Christians can follow.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
...resist the temptation to take offense from the rabid utterances of our social inferiors.

Thank-you, Tortuf. Thanks to you and my friend Jeezus, I have just given up that resentment. I mean, after all, a) the poor girl can't even get to work on time, and b) her idea of a "vacation" is pitching a tent in a muddy field.

Bless her heart.

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I dunno Sine. Going to some overcrowded, muddy, soggy, fly and mosquito infested field to be lectured to ad nauseum while spending your nights in a tent sounds wonderful to me. Why wouldn't you like it as a vacation?

I understand they at least got to drink. Don't they?

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Foolhearty
Shipmate
# 6196

- Posted      Profile for Foolhearty   Email Foolhearty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripshod Prym8:
<snip> The pivotal factor may be religion. Bear in mind that your president believes that the universe was created, pretty much as we see it now, just six to ten thousand years ago. He believes that every creature alive today is a direct descendant of those that rode out a storm in a small boat three thousand years ago. <snip>

If I could remember where I'd read the tidbit below, I'd post a link -- but I don't, so I can't.

Ripshod, The Duh-bya is alleged to be a card-carrying member of the United Methodist Church -- yes, the self-same entity which sponsors Church of Fools. The UMC does not officially, literally hold the beliefs you've outlined above.

Do you know for a fact that George II does? Can you quote from or link to a source?

And yes, I'm afraid that's as far as I read.

[ 27. August 2004, 12:34: Message edited by: Jajehu ]

--------------------
Fear doesn't empty tomorrow of its perils; it empties today of its power.

Posts: 2301 | From: Upper right-hand corner | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I feel so ripped off. I don't even remember this thread. And I thought it was current (even going so far as sending farewell greetings to Sine) And I missed the bit about crypto-lesbianism and Sarky and Sine's strap-on action.

About the OP. Was it actually meant to be humorous? Like, you know, outre? Taking the mick of real conspiracy theorists? Coot attention span too lacking to read past the 1st sentence (except where unusual sexual practices are mentioned).

PS. Was Oppy involved in Sarky's renunciation of lesbianism? Or was it Sine?

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

I would have sworn on a stack of steel-plated Bibles that I had never seen this thread, but unfortunately I made the novice error of posting to it. Twice.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest that primate's strap-on.

--------------------

ORGANMEISTER
Shipmate
# 6621

- Posted      Profile for ORGANMEISTER         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
......just coming in on this thread. That was the longest post I've ever seen! By the way, the Dome of the Rock is NOT Mohammed's birth place. It is believed by Muslims to be the place where he was assumed into Heaven. I think it is also believed by Jews to be the place where Abraham was instructed to sacrifice his son Isaac..........In any event, I've heard the argument that Bush and his buddies are trying to bring on the End Times. I've heard this argument usually in conjunction with Pat Robertson and ilk. I agree, someone needs to alert Dan Brown so he can crank out another blockbuster.
I think the explanation for Bush's actions is much simpler. Remember now, he's not a very bright man. He honestly believed the neocon propaganda he was getting from Wolfowicz, Rumsfeld, et al, that deposing Sadaam and establishing a western style democracy in Iraq would be a snap. Somehow this was going to help the rest of the Middle East establish democracies, end the conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians, and disregard the last 1,500 yrs of history. Also, I can't help but think W was motivated in part by a desire for revenge since Sadaam attempted to have Bush, Sr. assasinated during a visit to Kuwait. It's all very distress and I don't think I can endure another four years of this nonsense.

Posts: 3162 | From: Somerset, PA - USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
James Mc

Procrastinator
# 3414

- Posted      Profile for James Mc   Email James Mc   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ORGANMEISTER:
......just coming in on this thread. That was the longest post I've ever seen!

You might want to take a peek here - I believe it may be longer.

Sine, I'm upset that you see fit to dredge this thread up after so long . It was not fantastic first time round and it has not aged well. Unfortunately, incipient senility means I did not realize that I had read it before until the last page, so I have wasted a good 20 minutes of my life. [Waterworks]

Posts: 905 | From: London, UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
OK, so it was in April. I'm still hurt and offended.

People, I cannot help it if you choose not to read. It's not like you weren't warned.
barrea
Shipmate
# 3211

- Posted      Profile for barrea     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sarky you hate so many people, do you actualy love anybody? Forgive me for butting in.

--------------------
Therefore having been justified by faith,we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1

Posts: 1050 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grits
# 4169

Sine, thanks for resurrecting this monstrosi... I mean, masterpiece. I am still a little fearful that the OP may be in our immediate vicinity, however.

I never believed for one minute that Sarky hated me, then or now. In fact, I'm hurt that you would bring it up again, just to pour salt in wounds that may still be open and sore.

That's low of you, Sine. Low, I say.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Grits, I myself was wondering why you are so damned special that YOU get to be particularly hated by Sarky.Who the hell are you, the Queen of the May?

( [Biased] just in case)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's a chick thing: Sarky covets Grits' kitchen counters.

quote:
Posted by Barrea:
Sarky you hate so many people, do you actualy love anybody? Forgive me for butting in.

Barrea, please allow me to point you toward the dictionary definitions of "sarcasm" and "irony." Hell is pretty rich with these, and you'll find it much easier to navigate through when you realize this.

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spoilsport.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Glenn
Shipmate
# 6517

- Posted      Profile for Glenn   Email Glenn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did not read the OP. Quickly scrolling down, I muttered, "holy shit that's long". I noted that there were 3 pages on the thread and figured that there might be a slaughter in progress. I came in to see if there was any meat left on the bone. But don't worry, Ripshod, I'll distract them while you flee.

--------------------
We are interested in evidence to support that which we already believe.

Posts: 288 | From: The Universe | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Um, Glenn, Ripshod has been gone since April.

Hmmm. This reminds me of a Cheech and Chong skit where they're dogs....

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

Is Tommy out of the slammer yet?
Grits
# 4169

Kelly, Sarky apparently hates me merely for my geographical and social proximity to Sine, whom she truly despises. It's just another example of the ol' Trickle Down™ theory.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with my being a high-maintainence conservative fundamentalist Republican bourgeois hausfrau.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Queen of the May, in other words. I knew it.

--------------------

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't read usually read the political threads, and find conservative politics fairly spewy, but I need to know about this:

quote:
ORGANMEISTER:
I think the explanation for Bush's actions is much simpler. Remember now, he's not a very bright man.

Everyone keeps alluding to Bush being 'not very bright', how is this possible? For a start you have to be *very bright* to be accepted into the armed forces as a pilot!

Ok, he sounds a bit slow-talking, but you have to be very clever - a genius level IQ even - and certainly politically cunning, to get to be the leader of a country! Look at John Howard - loathsome though he is - he is phenomenally intelligent and shrewd. Same with Blair. All the top Oz leaders and many politicians have been lawyers/barristers. You have to be clever to do that! (lol, That's a Sine suck-suck to the Ship's lawyers)

Is there any material evidence - skool grades, IQ tests that show that he is not much better than average? Which is still not 'not very bright', after all!

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Grits:
a high-maintainence conservative fundamentalist Republican bourgeois hausfrau.

Oh look, everybody! Grits' new signature.
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:

I heard it was rehab, not the slammer.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Happy Coot with knobs on:
I don't read usually read the political threads, and find conservative politics fairly spewy, but I need to know about this:

quote:
ORGANMEISTER:
I think the explanation for Bush's actions is much simpler. Remember now, he's not a very bright man.

Everyone keeps alluding to Bush being 'not very bright', how is this possible? For a start you have to be *very bright* to be accepted into the armed forces as a pilot!

Ok, he sounds a bit slow-talking, but you have to be very clever - a genius level IQ even - and certainly politically cunning, to get to be the leader of a country! Look at John Howard - loathsome though he is - he is phenomenally intelligent and shrewd. Same with Blair. All the top Oz leaders and many politicians have been lawyers/barristers. You have to be clever to do that! (lol, That's a Sine suck-suck to the Ship's lawyers)

Is there any material evidence - skool grades, IQ tests that show that he is not much better than average? Which is still not 'not very bright', after all!

Here's a fairly even-handed article on Bush the Younger's intellect and core values in college. Basically it says he had acute social talents but not much in the usual way of academic ones.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Interesting article, Lyda Rose. Thanks. (I do have a tendency to demonize Dubya. Good to remember He's A Person Too, much as I hate to admit it.)
Ronist
Shipmate
# 5343

- Posted      Profile for Ronist   Email Ronist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In modern politics and so many other human endeavours, in reaching a position of high authority a winsome smile will take you much further than an especially sharp mind.
Posts: 827 | From: Vancouver Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not sure that I think that affability and the ability to remember the names of 200 frat pledges are indicators of good presidential material but they probably are of an ability to to get elected.

I remember that such talents were beyond the natural abilities of Nixon so he compensated by having a 3X5" card with pertinent details on anyone he met that he thought he'd meet again. So before a gathering he'd get out his cards on the expected attendants and painstakingly memorize them in order to have something to say individually to each.

Dubya would probably have a laugh about that. He probably knows off the top of his head the names of the kids of all his supporters, political opponents, and some heads of state. Not to mention their spouses' names and how the person's businesses are doing. Especially how business is doing.

[ 28. August 2004, 16:57: Message edited by: Lyda Rose of Sharon ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

quote:
quote:

Tommy Chong went to the slammer over something minor about paraphernalia. I think he is out.
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:
quote:

Tommy Chong went to the slammer over something minor about paraphernalia. I think he is out.
Oh. I thought you meant a different Tommy.

(See me, feel me, touch me,...)

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

( [Killing me] same here, actually.)

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda Rose of Sharon:
Dubya would probably have a laugh about that. He probably knows off the top of his head the names of the kids of all his supporters, political opponents, and some heads of state. Not to mention their spouses' names and how the person's businesses are doing. Especially how business is doing.

He'll know the names of the pets of the people who have donated a lot of money, but he won't know the names of certain heads of state. As I recall, it was Musharraf of Pakistan he couldn't remember when he was running in 2000.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016