homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Get out your foil hats! (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Get out your foil hats!
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, but he might have known Musharraf's wife's name. [Biased]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by barrea:
Sarky you hate so many people, do you actualy love anybody? Forgive me for butting in.

You are forgiven my child; but don't make a habit of it.

Now, as to your question, I suggest that you go away and learn the dictionary definitions of sarcasm and irony. Then you may come back and repeat your question if:
  1. It still seems a reasonable question in light of both what you have learnt, and also where in the thread I made my comments,
    and
  2. You can find a good reason as to it being any of your damn business.
Alternatively, crawl back under your rock.

Cordially,
Sarkycow

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda Rose of Sharon:
I remember that such talents were beyond the natural abilities of Nixon so he compensated by having a 3X5" card with pertinent details on anyone he met that he thought he'd meet again. So before a gathering he'd get out his cards on the expected attendants and painstakingly memorize them in order to have something to say individually to each.

IIRC, every politician, no matter the party, has a "tickler file" of his contacts that he reviews prior to meeting them, unless he's got a photographic memory or has committed the details of those contact(s) to memory. (He also may have an aide whisper the details to him.)

Given the enormous number of contacts a successful politican has to have--and recall--a tickler file is a practical solution.

Personal contacts are the fuel of politics, and no politician worth a dime will risk offending a contact unless he's positive he doesn't need it.

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Phos Hilaron
Shipmate
# 6914

- Posted      Profile for Phos Hilaron   Email Phos Hilaron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grits:
Sneaky British b***h.

What's a b***h? I've been scanning through my mental list of imprecations, obsenities and anathematizations but haven't come up with anything.

--------------------
Gaero?.......Gaero!

Posts: 1684 | From: Choson | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sarky, I stil have the feeling that you hate some shipmates more than me. Therefore, I shall not feel special to you, and shall go out and be juvenile delinquent. Hope you are happy.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HangerQueen:
quote:
Originally posted by Grits:
Sneaky British b***h.

What's a b***h? I've been scanning through my mental list of imprecations, obsenities and anathematizations but haven't come up with anything.
The letters i, t and c may help you. Use them wisely.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Sarky, I stil have the feeling that you hate some shipmates more than me. Therefore, I shall not feel special to you, and shall go out and be juvenile delinquent. Hope you are happy.

Y'know, you're moving swiftly up my list of people I specially hate.

In fact, I might have to start holding two lists - people I specially hate, and people I really really hate with a fiery passion that burns deep within my soul.

*grin*

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KenWritez:
IIRC, every politician, no matter the party, has a "tickler file" of his contacts that he reviews prior to meeting them....

I wonder if Monica was in Clinton's "tickler" file?

Or is that a "fluffer" file?

Just wanting to establish the proper nomenclature.

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe Pres. Clinton had a third list, a "I'm Dead if Hillary Finds Out" list. I suspect our ex-pres. needed no fluffing; he struck me as the "good to go" guy.

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
TomOfTarsus
Shipmate
# 3053

- Posted      Profile for TomOfTarsus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone was wondering where the title of this misbegotten thread came from. It is here.

The great thing about this is it got rated "Cranky" by crank.net, when it's actually a spoof.

Blessings,

a not very hell-ish Tom
(who actually read the OP, hoping...)

--------------------
By grace are ye saved through faith... not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath ... ordained that we should walk in them.

Posts: 1570 | From: Pittsburgh, PA USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
ORGANMEISTER
Shipmate
# 6621

- Posted      Profile for ORGANMEISTER         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tom, thanks for the link. What a hoot! Should we be praying for the Steelers and the Penquins this season. [Votive]
Posts: 3162 | From: Somerset, PA - USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016