homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: I am suspending my stance against the death penalty. (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: I am suspending my stance against the death penalty.
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[URL=http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pri&dt=020720&cat=frontpage&st=frontpagekidnappedgirl02 0719&src=abc]Worthless piece of human offal.[/URL]

I do not, however, advocate the use of the chair, the needle, the firing squad or the cyanide capsules. I prefer the "throw him into the general prison populace with 'child molester' tattooed on his forehead" approach.

[ 10. March 2003, 01:24: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The link invited me to sign in with my Worldnet e-mail ID and such.

However, is the WPoHO in question the one just arrested in So. Cal. in the Runnion case? (That's certainly the one that leaps to my mind.)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eh, sorry, it's on the front page of the AT&T signon page, I didn't realize it would ask for an ID since I hadn't signed in yet.

Yes, it's the Runnion case. Here's the yahoo coverage.

--------------------

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here is a free link to a story on the WPOHO if it's the same one.

I'll pay for the tatooing

scot

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God how sickening.

I see that he was charged before with molesting children and got off, thus being freed to go out and commit a murder. Presumably his earlier victims just weren't believed.

[Roll Eyes]

L.

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief

Ship's pirate
# 2049

- Posted      Profile for JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree Child molesting is devastatingly awefull, but am unable to agree with puting to death. No authority is given to us by God for this action.

--------------------
Written from my alternative universe.

Posts: 1101 | From: East Anglia in the UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Black Dog
Shipmate
# 2344

- Posted      Profile for Black Dog   Email Black Dog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Its a waste of time keeping people like this breathing.

Plus I don't want to pay taxes to keep him (his type) living in a prison, I advocate the death penalty in whatever crude or humane form you can think of.

--------------------
The difference between love and comfort is that comfort is more reliable and true. Brutal and mocking but always there it is a crutch for enmity's saddest glare.

Coolhermit
Apprentice
# 3004

- Posted      Profile for Coolhermit     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To the Thinker - which aspect of Bukowski matches you?
Ch.

Posts: 44 | From: Hull | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't believe in cruel and unusual punishment, so, despite the appeal of throwing him in with the tattoo, it would be more charitable to simply do the lethal injection.

If guilt is certain, there is no reason for the rest of us to support such monsters for life. I understand why so many oppose the death penalty, but it sure does cut down on recividism.

I see that poor child's face in the news stories, and I just can't find any sympathy for her tormenter, child of God though he is. I know I have much further to go in my Christian walk, but it's going to take me a while to get past this stumbling block.

Rossweisse // it's not vengeance; it's nuisance removal

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Dog
Shipmate
# 2344

- Posted      Profile for Black Dog   Email Black Dog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Coolhermit:
To the Thinker - which aspect of Bukowski matches you?
Ch.

Bukowskian wisdom. The Bar room bore.

--------------------
The difference between love and comfort is that comfort is more reliable and true. Brutal and mocking but always there it is a crutch for enmity's saddest glare.

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

And just when you think it can't get any worse...

Good God, what is this world coming to?

--------------------

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's sickening.

How depraved we are.

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
doctor-frog

small and green
# 2860

- Posted      Profile for doctor-frog   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thethinker:
Plus I don't want to pay taxes to keep him (his type) living in a prison, I advocate the death penalty in whatever crude or humane form you can think of.

Actually, I understand that, given the legal costs of death penalty trials and appeals, life imprisonment is almost always the cheaper of the two options.
Posts: 981 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
doctor-frog

small and green
# 2860

- Posted      Profile for doctor-frog   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by texas.veggie:
quote:

Actually, I understand that, given the legal costs of death penalty trials and appeals, life imprisonment is almost always the cheaper of the two options.
Besides: if we as a society really want justice (whatever we may think it consists of - death penalty or otherwise), then we *ought* to be prepared to pay for it. That's just one of those things we need to accept as the consequence of having a fair justice system that by and large aims to render fair verdicts. And if that doesn't come cheap, then it's my priviledge to spend a few tax-dollars (or a little tax-sterling, actually) to ensure justice is done. God knows enough people died for that cause so that I don't have to do. (And God knows that, if I were ever wrongly accused of a crime, I'd want that justice system to be there every step of the way to ensure that truth would prevail, and not just the Bottom Line.)

If we can't accept the need to pay a little for a just system -- if we must insist on the cheap, swiftest, most cost-effective judicial system -- then may I suggest we look to Zimbabwe. I'm sure Robert Mugabe would be glad to provide one.

Black Dog
Shipmate
# 2344

Well is wasn't really making a comment on whether it was cheaper or not, just the fact that i don't want my money to be spent on keeping these types in prison.

And do you want to know what really sickens me? Those people who are payed to help rehabilitate paedophiles and the like, in essense they are making money out of perversion and suffering. Check out the number of paedophiles who re-offend.

--------------------

Jean Michel
Francophile
# 27

- Posted      Profile for Jean Michel   Email Jean Michel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gee -whizz. I don't want my taxes spent on nuclear weapons either, but I don't really have a choice. Some people are against the death penalty on humanitarian grounds, but that doesn't convince many folk. Mention the fact that life imprisonment costs the State less than the death penalty, then ears start to twitch. I have this on good authority, from Ann Finnell no less, who works alongside with Patrick McGuinness, in the PDO, Public Defenser Office, of Jacksonville, Florida.
My gut reaction though remains the same. Scum deserve to die prematurely. Yes, I know I shouldn't judge, but I sure aint no saint.

--------------------
A fish out of water, a bee without a hive,
such is a reporter, without a nearby dive.

Posts: 518 | From: Wortley, Leeds | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
doctor-frog

small and green
# 2860

quote:
Originally posted by Jean Michel:
Scum deserve to die prematurely.

I dread to think what this world would look like if we all got what we actually deserved.
Sola Scriptura
Shipmate
# 2229

- Posted      Profile for Sola Scriptura         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wanting retibution and justice for the brutal evils committed by child molesters is understandable. If anything happened to one of my children I'd proably want the person tattooed with child molester on his forehead and thrown into prision. But we're not God. We can make mistakes and prisioners who have been killed have sometimes later on been cleared.

We can't let our feelings redue us to moral weaklings. The hearvest will be done by God and his agents not by us, weak, sinners as we are

--------------------
Used to be Gunner.

Jean Michel
Francophile
# 27

- Posted      Profile for Jean Michel   Email Jean Michel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Probably eyeless and toothless. We all possibly merit some form of punishment. The other side of the coin must surely be love, grace and forgiveness. It's just that one rotten apple can ruin the rest.

--------------------

Jean Michel
Francophile
# 27

p.s. My last post is, of course, in reply to texas.veggie.

--------------------

doctor-frog

small and green
# 2860

quote:
Originally posted by Jean Michel:
Probably eyeless and toothless. We all possibly merit some form of punishment. The other side of the coin must surely be love, grace and forgiveness. It's just that one rotten apple can ruin the rest.

Doesn't that essentially boil down to this, though?: Show love, grace, and forgiveness to everyone -- except, of course, for the REAL SOB's, since they don't really deserve it?

Surely the whole point of grace, love, and forgiveness that they are not supposed to be easy?

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Screw it. I'm going to revel in my humanity. I also want the people responsible for making my 403(b) worth half of what I've invested in it so far to suffer painful deaths involving styrofoam, nipple clamps and Febreeze.

Bastards.

--------------------

Black Dog
Shipmate
# 2344

Most of these responses are examples of cowardice, say what you really think!!!

Having a paedophile thrown into prison with 'child molester' tattooed on their forehead is an indirect way of condeming them to death! Leaving them to the retribution of other inmates!

'I hope he gets what he deserves in prison....'

Yeah yeah! Heard it all before.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

And do you want to know what really sickens me? Those people who are payed to help rehabilitate paedophiles and the like, in essense they are making money out of perversion and suffering. Check out the number of paedophiles who re-offend.

And wouldn't it be great if we could actually stop the re-offending and the passing on down to the next generation of the abuse?

I have to say, though, that it's satisfying to draw abusers and put them through the shredder. [Devil] However, doesn't mean justice is done. [Frown]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
doctor-frog

small and green
# 2860

quote:
say what you really think!!!

OK. The death penalty is barbaric under any circumstances.

Let there be punishment, by all means. And let there be re-habilitation, if such is possible.

But let not our system be based on retribution. It's not the same thing, and it reduces us all as human beings.

Cusanus

Ship's Schoolmaster
# 692

- Posted      Profile for Cusanus         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This is stupid and ignorant. [Flaming]

1. Does this mean that policemen and prison officers sicken you (making money out of crime)? Counsellors (making money out of mental illness)? Teachers (making money out of ignorance)?

2. The recidivism rate for child molesters who go through a treatment programme is reduced very substantially (by about 60% in NSW). Find out something before you spew bile at people doing a difficult job. THEY are the people who are preventing a further generation of victims. And they don't deserve to have their motivations questioned by ignorant fuckwits.

--------------------
"You are qualified," sa fotherington-tomas, "becos you can frankly never pass an exam and have 0 branes. Obviously you will be a skoolmaster - there is no other choice."

Posts: 3120 | From: The Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Even if you execute paedophiles who abuse and murder, you will have to wait for a paedophile to work his/her way up to murder before you can 'get rid of them'.

By this time they will have many more victims than if they had been rehabilitated earlier.

A really determined paedophile is proof against any programme - however many paedophiles do want to stop and such programmes have a good successs rate among thg motivated.

Paedophiles themselves do not face up to what they have REALLY done as they know it is horrible just as the rest of us lknow it is horrible. They make up al sorts of rationalisations and fantasies to make themselves feel better. Anyone who works therapeutically with paedophiles has to assist them to accept the truth of their crime, which means becoming graphically familiar with the details, not just what is fit to print in a newspaper but the whole thing, which is always much more horrible that what is made public. This can be very distressing. You have to be really brave and committed to do that and they do it on behalf of the 'society' which does not like this sort of crime.

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Black Dog
Shipmate
# 2344

quote:
Originally posted by Cusanus:
quote:
This is stupid and ignorant. [Flaming]

1. Does this mean that policemen and prison officers sicken you (making money out of crime)? Counsellors (making money out of mental illness)? Teachers (making money out of ignorance)?

2. The recidivism rate for child molesters who go through a treatment programme is reduced very substantially (by about 60% in NSW). Find out something before you spew bile at people doing a difficult job. THEY are the people who are preventing a further generation of victims. And they don't deserve to have their motivations questioned by ignorant fuckwits.

I think one is taking this a little too personally. Using the example of policemen, councilours and teachers are not really good examples, well perhaps councillors are but policemen and teachers make up the fabric of society, so are therefore far more important than those people who try to 'find good' in child molesters.

To me rehibilitating paedophiles is like trying to rehibilitate the devil. Is it so beyond anyones belief that these people have the devil inside them? On a wider issue, I know lets try to rehibilitate Myra Hindley! yeah shes sorry for what she has done, how about Brady!?!? Lets not stop at child abusers lets ,move on to serial killers, dhamer? sutcliffe? Lets rehibilitate these psychos, sutcliffe was a truck driver right? I believe theres a job going delivering for pretty polly tights. After all there must be some good in that brain of his, i mean like a paedophile he is obviously mentally ill, and there is nothing the good old psycho therapists can't solve. I perscribe daily councilling and three shots of prozac per day, that'll solve it!

Oh what a shame Adolf Hitler topped himself.... what fun we could have had there!

--------------------

Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Oh what a shame Adolf Hitler topped himself.... what fun we could have had there!

On the other hand it's just as well Charles Bukowski is dead or the Ship's lawyers would be making you change your sig after a pile of **** like the above post.

Or maybe not as one of CB's most famous sayings was apparently

quote:
The more crap you believe, the better off you are
thethinker, if you believe even one tenth of what you posted you must be very well off indeed.

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
simon 2
Shipmate
# 1524

- Posted      Profile for simon 2     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I fully get the sentiments of 'throw them into prison with a big tatoo on thier forheads'. But why wouldn't I be willing to dole out the kicking and the raping that the peadophile would get in jail, if it is so acceptable? Is it because it is wrong and it's just a sinful part of me desiring blood in revenge? or is it because I am too much of a coward to do the job myself but am happy to let people who are already guilty of crime continue in violence on my behalf?

--------------------
sorry for my spelling and bad gramma

Posts: 495 | From: in a forest | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Black Dog
Shipmate
# 2344

Its only **** because you personally disagree with it.

On the otherhand I enjoy reading yours and other posters opinions as I can always leard something from them.

I've never said that you are wrong, I have changed my mind many times on the issue of the death penalty, and have revised it just recently.

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Originally posted by simon 2:
I fully get the sentiments of 'throw them into prison with a big tatoo on thier forheads'. But why wouldn't I be willing to dole out the kicking and the raping that the peadophile would get in jail, if it is so acceptable?

I would be more than happy to take him out back and beat the shit out of him before I put a bullet in his head.

--------------------

simon 2
Shipmate
# 1524

- Posted      Profile for simon 2     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But would you be prepared to do the sexual molestation that goes with such a sentance?

Plus it isn't just a one off beating, it has to be daily (or a least twice weekly if you're feeling kind) for the rest of his life, so no quick one off kicking and then death.

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

It would be highly unlikely he'd survive the first beating.

Would I do the sexual molestation? Probably not, because God knows what funk he'd have. However, I'd be willing to make him a eunuch with a rusty butter knife.

--------------------

doctor-frog

small and green
# 2860

quote:
Originally posted by Erin:

Would I do the sexual molestation? Probably not, because God knows what funk he'd have. However, I'd be willing to make him a eunuch with a rusty butter knife.

... all of which would accomplish what, precisely?
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

... all of which would accomplish what, precisely?
The children would figure maybe they were ok after all, because other people cared enough to punish the people who made them feel this bad.

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I feel really sorry for the parents of children hurt or killed when the paedophile reoffends. They must think, if he hadn't been let out my child would still be OK. I know we can never totally guess who is going to do something the first time, but once a person is known as a paedophile it would be better if he is given 'life' immediately. Then he is unable to get out and reoffend.

Maybe that is naive as there are so many paedophiles about, but I would be much happier if I knew exactly where they were (ie. behind bars). By all means try to educate them out of it, but never let them out (to let someone's child be the victim of an experiment) to 'see' if the person has been cured.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

What would it do? It'd ensure that this son of a bitch would never molest another child again.

--------------------

doctor-frog

small and green
# 2860

quote:
Originally posted by sarkycow:
The children would figure maybe they were ok after all, because other people cared enough to punish the people who made them feel this bad.

quote:
What would it do? It'd ensure that this son of a bitch would never molest another child again.

Seems to me that you could accomplish both of those things quite handily merely by locking him/her away for a very long time, possibly forever, if need be ... without resorting to the kind of pre-meditated, self-dehumanising violence that s/he him/herself was guilty of.

So I pose the question again: what, precisely, would systematically torturing and murdering such a person accomplish (whether you do it yourself or even get the state to do it for you)?

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Locking him away is no guarantee of anything. All you need is some soft-on-crime parole panel and he's free as a bird (and it happens).

Besides, vermin like that don't deserve to live.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
if Erin was to get her wicked way it would make her feel better. But it would not stop a child being murdered - if the person was let out they would probably be so mad they would go on a killing spree. So give them chemical castration by all means, but also keep them locked away where they can do no harm (except maybe to other paedophiles [Snigger] )

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
doctor-frog

small and green
# 2860

quote:
Locking him away is no guarantee of anything. All you need is some soft-on-crime parole panel and he's free as a bird (and it happens).

Besides, vermin like that don't deserve to live.

Both of these statements beg the question asked: First, I specifically phrased it so that locking the person up forever was a possibility (and if we need tougher laws, then so be it). Second, the question of what they deserve was not, strictly speaking, at issue.

What I asked was this: on top of all that, what would it *actually accomplish* for you -- either personally or through the state -- systematically and with pre-meditation to torture and kill such a person?

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

I already told you. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean I didn't give you one.

Once more, with feeling: it would accomplish the absolutely unbreakable guarantee that he would never, ever be able to molest another child ever again. Which IS my ONLY concern.

--------------------

doctor-frog

small and green
# 2860

quote:
I already told you. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean I didn't give you one.

Once more, with feeling: it would accomplish the absolutely unbreakable guarantee that he would never, ever be able to molest another child ever again. Which IS my ONLY concern.

All right, then: let me re-phrase.

How would the systematic and pre-meditated torture of a human being (even such a dehumanised and dehumanising human being) accomplish this any more effectively than simply locking that person up for eternity and throwing away the key?

-- Bearing in mind also that physical castration, whether by blunt instrument, as you suggest, or sharpened surgical steel is in no way a cast-iron guarantee that an erection can no longer be had. (Back in the old days, the sultans had no idea what their eunuchs were up to with those harems.) Also bearing in mind that child molestation takes any number of vile forms that may not include penetration. --

doctor-frog

small and green
# 2860

Oh, yeh. I forgot. You were going to kill him too.

But the question still stands: how would it be any more effective than locking him up forever? What would actually be gained by torturing and killing him?

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

The absolute guarantee that he would not ever be able to molest another child again.

Am I not typing in English here?

--------------------

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Bearing in mind also that physical castration, <snip>is in no way a cast-iron guarantee that an erection can no longer be had.

The castration was not suggested as some sort of surgical rehabilitation. It was offered as a preliminary step to the killing of the vicious bastard. It was an alternative means of letting him share in the suffering of the little girl he tortured, raped and murdered.

scot

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
simon 2
Shipmate
# 1524

I was wondering why rape (male or female) is less offensive to me than peadophilia? Are rapists to be castrated and killed too? or let out to rape again? The same for drunk drivers who kill? and for armed robbers who have killed? after all we can never be totally sure of anybodies reformation.

Sometimes I wonder if peadophilia is the only crime (maybe even sin) that our culture is willing to say is evil. Many criminals are given the excuse of abusive parents, mental illness, drug abuse etc. but something about peaedophilia demands that these people are held to account for their actions irrespective of their background.

Society seems to want to object to evil behaviour and demand justice but nobody has the spine for it anymore. So we are left with only one crime that we get really upset about everytime, the most abhorent and evil crime.

--------------------

marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
cut off his hands, too.

Let's not delude ourselves with ideas of rehabilitation. Even with therapy, recidivism rate is 80 percent. And who knows? It may be the devil in there, or it may be some horrible organic brain disease. In any case, these men should not be allowed around other people.

In spirit, I agree with you Erin. I have always thought that the victims (and their friends and families) of sex offenders should be given a weapon of their choice and 10 minutes with the offender. Realistically, life in prison, no parole--ever. And hey, tattoo away--at least then we could see 'em for what they are.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

I find rape pretty damned offensive, too. But hurting children... words fail at how abhorrent I find that.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016