homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Today I consign to hell--II (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Today I consign to hell--II
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A second person I wanted a fight with has gone, Blazepascal, yet I do not miss him.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicole Smith
Shipmate
# 1234

- Posted      Profile for Nicole Smith   Email Nicole Smith   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH the note D natural.

--------------------
Under the Mercy,

nicole

Gloria in excelsis deo...

Posts: 204 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sam
Shipmate
# 423

- Posted      Profile for Sam   Author's homepage   Email Sam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why the note D natural particularly?

--------------------
Do not be overly righteous,
Nor be overly wise.
[Ecclesiastes 7:16]

Posts: 140 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH cricket, why why, why would people want to waste their time watching it when they could talk to me instead?

Football, in preparation for the disappointment all us England fans will be feeling later tonite.

And peeling sunburn, why can't it just turn into tan?

Oh, and I know this is hell, and I really shouldn't apologise, but I am sorry! I didn't mean to insult all you good Christian booksellers. I know that no-one really makes a profit out of selling the Bible, its a big book, takes a lot of money to print it etc etc. Maybe I should consign to hell the people that wrote it making it so long. Hmmmm! Or maybe not!

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stephen
Shipmate
# 40

- Posted      Profile for Stephen   Email Stephen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by icklejen:
TICTH cricket,

Don't think I can go along with that!
TICTH football and rugby.In this part of the world we didn't even have rest from it in the summer!!!!

[fixed UBB code]

[ 01 September 2001: Message edited by: tomb ]

--------------------
Best Wishes
Stephen

'Be still,then, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations and I will be exalted in the earth' Ps46 v10

Posts: 3954 | From: Alto C Clef Country | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
George Spigot

Outcast
# 253

- Posted      Profile for George Spigot   Author's homepage   Email George Spigot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH Car drivers who don't bother to indicate unless they can see another car on the road.

Let me clarify this post. I'm not having a go at all car drivers. I am very grateful to people who give me lifts in their cars. My sister in law kindly gave me a lift to Greenbelt this year for example.

What annoys me is when I'm about to cross the street at a turning or junction. A lone car rides up and doesn't signal. Now as far as I can remember from my driving lessons this means that the car is not going to turn but go straight on. Unfortunately if I acted on this information I
would have been run over several times by now. This means I have to wait while the car pulls up, checks for traffic then pulls away before I know its safe to cross.

If your walking or cycling and there are no other cars around then 7 out of 10 cars don't signal.
Can I ask any culprits reading this to lean to drive please. Thank you. Oh and by the way...

BURN! BURN! AH HA HA

--------------------
C.S. Lewis's Head is just a tool for the Devil. (And you can quote me on that.) ~
Philip Purser Hallard
http://www.thoughtplay.com/infinitarian/gbsfatb.html

Posts: 1625 | From: Derbyshire - England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a bumper sticker which says:

VISUALIZE USING YOUR TURN SIGNALS

I'm not sure it has persuaded anyone.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I prefer the bumper sticker that says

VISUALIZE WHIRLED PEAS!

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Benedictus
Shipmate
# 1215

- Posted      Profile for Benedictus   Email Benedictus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH people who abridge children's books.

--------------------
Resentment: Me drinking poison and expecting them to die

Posts: 1378 | From: Hertfordshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i prefer the bumper sticker a friend has (and she won't give it to me!!!! )

YOU'RE RIGHT, I *DO* OWN THE ROAD

hehehe

viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH people whose *only* response in any situation is to pray.

also, ICTH people who use 'thy will be done' as a get-out slause, meaning they don't have to do anything, because:

'if it's god's will it'll happen, and if it's not god's will then it won't!!!!!'

part of being a christian is getting off your butt and doing something to help bring god's will about.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, I agree, and whoever it was who forgot to put the saying "The Lord helps those who help themselves" into the Bible really blew it!

TICTH my sore throat. This had better be a simple case of post-nasal drip and me sleeping with my mouth open, and not a full-on illness coming over me on a long holiday weekend. I have a heavy schedule of goofing off, and I will NOT have it ruined by a sore throat!

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
da_musicman
Shipmate
# 1018

- Posted      Profile for da_musicman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH Myself and my inabilty to get a blimmin move on and actually act on information given. Cryptic? Well It's suppose to be.

[cryptic? no. just misspelled. corrected spelling, sentence spacing, and dropped letters.]

[ 02 September 2001: Message edited by: tomb ]

Posts: 3202 | From: The Dreaming | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
soupdragon
Shipmate
# 552

- Posted      Profile for soupdragon   Email soupdragon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH crowns. My crown on my front tooth fell off yesterday. It is not pretty. Tomorrow I am having dinner with the Bishop (whom I haven't met before). And no dentists will be open tomorrow as it as a holiday.

Also, in the UK at least, we should CTH drivers that think they can turn into a road when you are crossing the junction. It states clearly in the highway code that in such cases the pedestrian has right-of-way.

Posts: 68 | From: Glasgow or Indiana | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Benedictus:
TICTH people who abridge children's books.

Was there a particularly odious example of this which triggered this consignment? (Btw.. I tend to agree on this one!)

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another person who was irritating me (nonprophet) has been suspended that is three who have gone. Do I have the kiss of death?

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Benedictus
Shipmate
# 1215

- Posted      Profile for Benedictus   Email Benedictus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Siegfried--The immediate impetus was a particularly rinkydink version of Oliver Twist. But the ultimate worst was the abridgment (yes, you heard it here) of the works of Beatrix Potter.

Bene

--------------------
Resentment: Me drinking poison and expecting them to die

Posts: 1378 | From: Hertfordshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why?! Sheesh! That's as bad as the 'modern' version of the Little Red Hen I ran across at a preschool my ex-mother-in-law ran. Instead of the traditional ending (the lazy animals who don't help dont' get the bread (thus reinforcing the work ethic)), instead, the lazy good-for-nothings get to eat the bread anyway, because sharing and cooperation is more important than doing your share!

--------------------
Siegfried

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH, the corporate feeling of comfortableness and privilege in my church with the result that sermons are pitched as if this is the experience of the whole body. I CTH their willingness to embrace refugee and indigenous Australian social justice efforts in the face of their quiet disregard for people struggling in their midst.

I also CTH the friggin' people on the perthdiocese email list who were canvassing to get a Czech tourist with a law degree a job (who probably doesn't have a work visa), but who have remained silent on the participation in Church life of Anglicans living below the poverty line, particularly when it comes to doing courses and retreats. A friggin' 2 tier cost structure would be a token ya jerks.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:
Another person who was irritating me (nonprophet) has been suspended that is three who have gone. Do I have the kiss of death?

Or maybe you're a touchstone? You could just let the admins know who irritates you and they could cut them off without further ado -- would save us hosts all a lot of time.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:

O please Jesus, don't let me irritate Nightlamp!

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf

Ship's curiosity
# 1283

- Posted      Profile for Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Email Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, what a wonderful thread!!

TICTH male servers who won't let women serve.

The other week there were NO SERVERS. We're a bells-and-smells church, so there was neither. I have served at various churches since I was 10, was thurifer for 2 years at college and am currently thurifer at Benediction once a month for another church. Yet out lot preferred to emasculate the liturgy rather than stoop to having a woman take part.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

--------------------
"There is a divine discontent which has always helped to better things."

Posts: 1123 | From: Floating in the blue | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joan the Dwarf:
Oh, what a wonderful thread!!

TICTH male servers who won't let women serve.

Sounds like they're in Hell already. You, on the other hand, should get a new church.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicole Smith
Shipmate
# 1234

- Posted      Profile for Nicole Smith   Email Nicole Smith   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sam, the note D natural because I can't sing it properly! I'm taking voice lessons and I've been wrestling with this for-me hellish note for months!

Btw, blaze and nonprophet and p_a_r are three personae of the same person I invited here... mea maxima culpa.

--------------------
Under the Mercy,

nicole

Gloria in excelsis deo...

Posts: 204 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf

Ship's curiosity
# 1283

- Posted      Profile for Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Email Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nicole - no, theya maxima culpa

katie - I'm seriously considering it; take a peek at the 'Jumping Ship' thread in Purgatory, any thoughts are welcome.

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH The brain dead "Unionists" ( Northern Ireland ) who thing a legitimate part of their protest to harrass, scream at, and obstruct children on their way to school.

They're KIDS you bread dead numbskulls. LEAVE THEM ALONE. ANd don't whine when all that hate comes back in 10 years time on the end of a bullet.

AND the total &%&$%*&@%@ on the news who was trying to support them. You got your message across - you can't face the parents, so attack the children.

It makes me SO mad.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sam
Shipmate
# 423

- Posted      Profile for Sam   Author's homepage   Email Sam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My local paper who decides that further stirring up racial tension over the asylum issue is a responsible thing to do in a very multi-cultural city.
And myself for not having the guts to write a letter of complaint.

--------------------
Do not be overly righteous,
Nor be overly wise.
[Ecclesiastes 7:16]

Posts: 140 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I note from Sam's "Location" (Peterborough, soon to be Cambridge) that the local planners are getting over ambitious again!

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
S'Lo
Apprentice
# 244

- Posted      Profile for S'Lo   Author's homepage   Email S'Lo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH Trashy teen magazines for glorifying skinny models.

--------------------
You are electric?

Posts: 44 | From: Australia Land | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Money grabbing rip off merchants at the MOT test centre. My car just failed its MOT for leaking emissions from the manifold. The part needed to fix it costs less than £10 and these bastards are charging me over £100 to do the work.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
LouiseF
Shipmate
# 361

- Posted      Profile for LouiseF   Email LouiseF   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, Steve, those who try and stop Catholic (or any) school children get to school, and shout and scream at them. No excuse, no matter the differences.

Also today I would like to consign to hell the French Catholic Priest I heard on Five Live this morning who was justifying the abuse of children amongst the clergy!!!!

--------------------
"History will not be so kind to our generation of Christians if we allow the false consciousness of mainstream living to go unchallenged." (Ann Morisy)

Posts: 94 | From: West Midlands | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf

Ship's curiosity
# 1283

Erm, purely out of academic interest, how???

TICTH the cup of boiling hot chocolate I just spilled all over my hand. Owowowowowowo. But TICTHeaven my benzocaine spray, aaaaaahhhhhhhh.

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH "Help, I'm a fish". Not only is the the STUPIDEST title for a song ever, it is the most AWFUL ditty ever to get played on radio. It also has an irritating tag that I can't get out of my head.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

TICTH spam that starts out with something along the lines of "Here is the information you requested..." Um, no. I didn't request anything. I'd remember if I had. And do you REALLY think I'm gullible enough to believe you? You're not fooling anyone!!

--------------------
Siegfried

Newman's Own
Shipmate
# 420

- Posted      Profile for Newman's Own     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Just temporarily) My cat, who has been using the area under my computer desk for a litter tray.

People who write books about how they can "contact dead loved ones" and the like. Much as one would think everyone knows such things are a sham, people who have lost a spouse or other dear one are very vulnerable, and I hate scams where people trade on the heartache and bereavement in order to make money. (This happened to someone I know this week, who actually spent substantial money on a "private session.")

Liars of all kinds - the manipulators, the trouble makers, especially the calumniators - but also those who tell one lies because they cannot bear to disappoint one, so that one then has to deal with both the disappointment and knowing one whom one trusted was lying all along.

--------------------
Cheers,
Elizabeth
“History as Revelation is seldom very revealing, and histories of holiness are full of holes.” - Dermot Quinn

Posts: 6740 | From: Library or pub | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My intrusive, "plain English", tax return, which comes with a 50 page set of helpful notes, and the intransigent attitude of some officials at the Inland Revenue who misinform you with great authority. I resent this. I don't want to fill it in. It's my money and I worked for it. I deserve it. Go away.
Edward Green
Review Editor
# 46

- Posted      Profile for Edward Green   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

I sent an email to a friend who I have been doing youth work with, and something had fucked up royally so I used the term:

Oh Bollocks!

Which I thought was quite tame really.

He replied with an email requesting that I did not swear in emails to him .. and if I couldn't express myself without such words I ought to reconsider my standards.

Well I was now royally pissed off myself.

So I sent him an email teeling him that I was pissed off, and that I found his crypto-victorian middle class hang ups very offensive ... and if he didn't want to work with me he didn't have to.

so TICTH

crypto-victorian middle class hang ups about swearing.

--------------------
blog//twitter//
linkedin

obvious_agent
Apprentice
# 1157

- Posted      Profile for obvious_agent   Email obvious_agent   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like to add nasty flu-type viruses that keep me in bed and only half brained for most of the week caghgghgh cagghggghh - there i go again with my canine impression...
Posts: 6 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

TICTH idiotic coroporate beancounters who issue polices like "No vacation time may be taken for the next 90 days so we can bill additional hours to our customers." Up yours! I earned that time and I'm damn well going to take that time!!

--------------------
Siegfried

Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf

Ship's curiosity
# 1283

You tell 'em, Sieg!

TICTH *$£&%!ing ushers who don't %£*@~!ing well usher!

Went to St. Paul's (cathedral) on a whim tonight for Evensong. Never been there before. The top half of the nave was cordoned off with an usher handing out books at the entrance to it, so I took it that that was where to the service would happen. Approached, smiled, held out hand for service book. Got sharply asked "Are you here for the service?". No, I'm going to take the psalter and run off with it. "Yes, Evensong". Was allowed to have the books and let through, with admonishment "It's till 6, you realise?". Was not told anything about where to sit. Some people were sitting in the chairs in that front half of the nave, so I joined them. Enter choir et al, who went into the quire. Service started. Became aware that the people around me were largely treating it as a cross between a concert and theatre. Stood up as directed for the gloria at the end of the psalm. No-one else stood up - so there was me standing up alone in the middle of St. Paul's Cathedral. Not the best experience I've ever had (they all stood up with me after that though, heh heh ).
I was kind of wondering at there being so few people there, then at the end of the service they all appeared - they had been sitting in the quire, a hoard of them! WHY DIDN'T THE &"%@~#!ING USHERS TELL ME TO GO THERE?????

Mind you, there were some good bits - including a very cute young woman reading the second lesson

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Twenty four hour flu. I really could have done without a sudden severe case of mild death on Sunday which meant I spent much of the day in bed and was awake most of the night with a temperature and chills and being intermittently sick. It has all disappeared as quickly as it came leaving me
feeling really wiped out today. Still haven't a clue where this came from. A great start to my fortnight off.

Newman's Own
Shipmate
# 420

- Posted      Profile for Newman's Own     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Internet service providers who provide technical support only online... it never occurs to them (or perhaps it does!) that, if one's problem is a lack of access to the Internet, one can hardly access online support!

Other technical support (perhaps over the telephone) that leads one to ring one number to be told to ring another.. to another... to another.

Places online that have all sorts of odd requirements for one's password. (Must be a combination of capital and small letters, must contain numbers, must be eight letters, etc.) I think most of us prefer to use one password, which no one could guess, than to have to write down all sorts of other combinations.

Children's sites which have complicated registration forms, on a par with applying for a visa, for access - which the kids put up with because it seems to be a cool games site. When they finally receive the coveted access, the site is either non-working demos which take an hour to download or, worse yet, an animated sermon about brushing one's teeth or eating five servings of fruit a day.

Sites which appear to offer online shopping. Then, when one goes through the interminable stages of "filling the cart," one is led to a page that informs one that one must now telephone in one's credit card number or print out and fax the order.

Churchy types who expect people to be happy about hurts and thank God for the bad times. Someone I know was fired from a church job which she had loved. A few months later, she happened to meet someone from the parish at a store. He greeted her with an enthusiastic, "Oh, yes! I heard your services were no longer required!" When tears started falling down her face, he not only told her who had taken over and what a great job he was doing, but said to her, "Well, sound like you're happy about it!" (Dante did not place a low enough spot in hell for people like that..)

Anyone who tells someone who is bereaved, especially who has just lost a spouse, and who speaks of loneliness that he should "just talk to God."

--------------------
Cheers,
Elizabeth
“History as Revelation is seldom very revealing, and histories of holiness are full of holes.” - Dermot Quinn

Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spigot:
What annoys me is when I'm about to cross the street at a turning or junction. A lone car rides up and doesn't signal

I once asked a driver who inflicted this on me, and then parked 50 yards further down the road why she hadn't indicated. Her reply was "I didn't need to - you could see me."

(So I presume that she uses her indicator for the visually impaired?)

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Newman's Own
Shipmate
# 420

Anyone who plays ego games by giving "back handed compliments." (Nice hat - it takes away from your big nose.... You'd be so pretty if you lost X amount of weight... It must be nice to have your son in that school - I thought they had a very high academic standard before.)

Worst yet is pretended humility. "Oh, I was so embarrassed today! The boss told me he's never known an employee as dedicated as I am."

--------------------
Cheers,
Elizabeth

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve:
TICTH "Help, I'm a fish".

What's wrong with being a fish?

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Elizabeth
Shipmate
# 207

- Posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TICTH the blond, snooty woman in the convertible Porsche talking on her mobile phone who zoomed through the parking spaces of the parking lot at the supermarket.

She nearly hit us (we were actually in the lane between spaces, doing the required speed limit). I frowned at her, and she just shrugged her shoulders at me.

--------------------
The Hunger Site is back!

Posts: 669 | From: The Place of Knee Deep Leaves | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Cuttlefish - I have no problems with you being a fish. Unless it means you lose all sense of musical taste, as in the case of the song.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What? Me, a fish? No way! I'm a mollusc. I'm just standing up for my aquatic friends. I happen to like fish. Yum. But this is getting very silly, rather like your song. I have to say I don't know the song but it sounds fun.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Cuttlefish - oops. Sorry. I never was any good at biology.

The song ( from its title ) sound like it should be pleasant and cheerful. Think tweenies meet Ronan Keating - complete lack of visible talent.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

I have just spent 5 hours trying to find a budget holiday for myself and my mother. It has now become clear that a) neither of us really has enough money for a holiday and b) our modest hope of getting a cut price flight and two cheapish rooms for three nights is unrealistic. Why the hell do they have to penalize single people with this ridiculous blasted single room supplement? What on earth is the justification for slapping on anything between 10-89 pounds a night extra just because I don't have a dual income? How do they think my pensioner mother can afford this?

Stuff this for a lark.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016