homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Purgatory: Things I changed my mind about on the SoF (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Purgatory: Things I changed my mind about on the SoF
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have reached a different conclusion on the morality of masturbation. I think this is the first real change in my actual doctrine in something like six years. Next on my agenda, though I am approaching it carefully, is women's ordination, though I may or may not change on that.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Elizabeth Anne

Altar Girl
# 3555

- Posted      Profile for Elizabeth Anne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have learned that not all conservatives are evil folk intent on stopping all social justice in the world.
[/smirking] [Two face] or are they? [Two face] [end smirking]

--------------------
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes...

Posts: 974 | From: New York | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Unkl Davy
Shipmate
# 2777

- Posted      Profile for Unkl Davy   Author's homepage   Email Unkl Davy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deserted:
I have learned that misinterpretation and hyperbole is the rule here on the ship. I've learned that emotional knee jerk responses are more common than reasoned ones and that if you're stuck you can always use profanity. (Watch what you say. Do not expect a reasoned dialogue. The medium is wrong. Threads often may degenerate into profanity or sophmoric sarcasm if you do.)

I have learned that a lot of people must have absolutely nothing to do in their spare time based on the amount of time I find I can spend reading and responding to posts and the amount of time I see others responding. (Give it less of your time. Spend more of it with real people.)

I have learned that it is okay to be a bigoted liberal, but it is not okay to be a bigoted conservative.

I have learned that a lot of people are more inflated with their love affair with higher education and professional status than they need to be perhaps, and that they often use this to validate their often ludicrous opinions.

I am in awe.
[Not worthy!] [Not worthy!] [Not worthy!] [Not worthy!]
We've learned the same things, but you articulated it so much better than I could have.
[Not worthy!] [Not worthy!] [Not worthy!] [Not worthy!]

--------------------
"Lately, everything has been coming my way ... I think I'm in the wrong lane."

Posts: 216 | From: Silicon Valley | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016