homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Doctor Who: (again) Winter 2012 (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Doctor Who: (again) Winter 2012
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:
I see 'Wife in Space' are up to a guilty pleasure of mine, The Happiness Patrol.

You don't need to feel guilty about The Happiness Patrol. It's got Sylvester McCoy talking down a sniper, and an evil Bertie Bassett. How can that be bad?

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
doubtingthomas
Shipmate
# 14498

- Posted      Profile for doubtingthomas     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
quote:
I see 'Wife in Space' are up to a guilty pleasure of mine, The Happiness Patrol.

You don't need to feel guilty about The Happiness Patrol. It's got Sylvester McCoy talking down a sniper, and an evil Bertie Bassett. How can that be bad?
I second the not guilty plea - if nothing else it has Sheila Hancock in it. Also, it's not inherently bad, it just could have been better...

--------------------
'We are star-stuff. We are the Universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out'
Delenn (Babylon 5)

Posts: 266 | From: A Small Island | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sylvester McCoy? Stop giving me spoilers for circa 2018 [Biased]

Meanwhile... is anyone else heartily sick of endless reports about who will or won't be involved in Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary on-screen? I'm signed up to David Tennant's Facebook page, and not only am I getting David Tennant-related remarks on the topic, I'm getting John Barrowman and Freema Agyeman and lord-knows-who-else comments about I haven't been asked, or I can't tell you even if I am, etc etc etc.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wife in Space recently reviewed Remembrance of the Daleks, the 25th Anniversary special. I realised I'd never seen this, bought it, and loved it. It shows what a good Doctor McCoy could be, when given a decent script, and there are so many references to Who-history that the whole thing is fanboy heaven. If the 50th is half as good I will be happy; what I fear is getting a huge pile of all the monsters who has ever appeared in the series. I don't want something big and gimmicky - we've had those at the end of every season of Nu-Who - I want something subtle I have to think about.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember Remembrance from first time around. I thought it was good at the time, but that might be youthful exuberance. Just the Dalek elevating itself up the stairs was a genuinely mind-blowing experience at that age.

And I agree about the 50th anniversary, but I have a horrible feeling that it'll involve lots of CGI and tons of monsters, on the basis that it'll act as an insurance policy. They'll probably try to make it profound as well, but for extra credit rather than the main attraction.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
They'll probably try to make it profound as well, but for extra credit rather than the main attraction.

[Overused] Well put.

Which would be a huge waste of the talent they have available to them.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that's right, but the BBC approach will almost certainly be that to keep the monsters in the box would be a waste of all the CGI available to them. Being the BBC, they'll probably have mapped it out on a decision tree or some other management bollocks.

If they have lots of whizzbangs and monsters, viewer response will be good among young children and a lot of adults. If attempted profundity comes off, it will be elevated to consistently high scores across the board, and if not, it's still good enough to keep most of the audience very happy.

But if monsters are dropped or minimised, everything rests on the execution. If done well, it would possibly be the best outcome of all, but if it didn't quite work, it would be a disaster, with lots of "WTF?", shouty hatchet jobs in the Daily Mail, questions in parliament, the fall of the monarchy, the end of civilisation as we know it...

Sorry, got slightly carried away. But that's the risk-averse way they'll be thinking, and it would be a brave exec (possibly even in the Sir Humphrey sense) to take a chance on such a high-profile event.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
Wife in Space recently reviewed Remembrance of the Daleks, the 25th Anniversary special. I realised I'd never seen this, bought it, and loved it. It shows what a good Doctor McCoy could be, when given a decent script, and there are so many references to Who-history that the whole thing is fanboy heaven.

One of the best-ever Who stories. And quite claerly one of the major battles of the Time War that so many fans seem to think arrived with Ecclestone.

I think the The McCoy/Aldred combination was one of the better ones in Who history. In fact, in some ways, McCoys last series may have been the best run of consecutive good stories in the history of the programme. Ghostlight is a candidate for the best Who story of all time (one of about ten such, but its there with them), Survival is swonderfully poignant and if there had to be a "last" Who, even if only temporarily, it was as good as you copuld expect, and both Battlefield and The Curse of Fenric are better tha average and Jolly good Fun, in an icky way.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
Wife in Space recently reviewed Remembrance of the Daleks, the 25th Anniversary special.

It ought to have been the 25th Anniversary special. Sadly, the 25th Anniversary special was Silver Nemesis, which is the only McCoy/ Ace story which is actually bad. (I don't count Dragonfire.)

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

quote:
Originally posted by ken:
I think the The McCoy/Aldred combination was one of the better ones in Who history. In fact, in some ways, McCoys last series may have been the best run of consecutive good stories in the history of the programme.

I'd say Fenric is an even better candidate for best Doctor Who story than Ghost Light. (Although personally I'd go for Remembrance every time.) Battlefield doesn't quite work, but it's aiming high enough that it ends up as very good. You can extend the run of good stories with Greatest Show in the Galaxy if you're willing to step over the season boundary.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've seen quite a lot of commentary praising the quality of the last Who stories of the 80s. I'll hold on to that if plowing through some of the earlier ones proves dire.

I finally have a reconstruction of The Abominable Snowmen to watch, so Season 5 back in the 60s can continue. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
30th March!

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tessaB:
30th March!

... and there are some new photos on the BBC Doctor Who website. Caution - spoilers! Including (as revealed upthread) Ice Warriors!

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Watching the Ice Warriors' first appearance right now as it happens.

--------------------

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:

How was it? I think it's the best Ice Warrior story (so far), but mainly for the excellent performance by Peter Barkworth as Leader Clent. That said, I do have a soft spot for The Curse of Peladon - as ravening mythical beasts go, Aggedor is so cute!

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
quote:

How was it? I think it's the best Ice Warrior story (so far), but mainly for the excellent performance by Peter Barkworth as Leader Clent. That said, I do have a soft spot for The Curse of Peladon - as ravening mythical beasts go, Aggedor is so cute!
I quite liked it. And yes, the acting of the guest stars is good (heck, so soon after Tomb of the Cybermen it's heavenly [Biased] ), with Barkworth a particular standout.

EDIT: I wish people wouldn't call these stories 'base under siege' all the time, though. In this one there simply wasn't a 'siege', unless they mean by the glaciers!

[ 14. March 2013, 09:23: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Matt Smith promises that fans will not be disappointed by the 50th anniversary story. He would say that, wouldn't he?

Nevertheless, I have to admit that his description of the script sounds pretty good to me, sketchy as it is.

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

quote:
I wish people wouldn't call these stories 'base under siege' all the time, though. In this one there simply wasn't a 'siege', unless they mean by the glaciers!

I think it is a genre, and therefore you've got to call it something. (Group of people in an isolated setting, menaced by a group of monsters.) I gather the first real example was The Moonbase, and one of the characters says, 'we're under siege'. So that's where the name comes from.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
quote:
I wish people wouldn't call these stories 'base under siege' all the time, though. In this one there simply wasn't a 'siege', unless they mean by the glaciers!

I think it is a genre, and therefore you've got to call it something. (Group of people in an isolated setting, menaced by a group of monsters.) I gather the first real example was The Moonbase, and one of the characters says, 'we're under siege'. So that's where the name comes from.
But that's the point. In the Ice Warriors they're not really isolated at all. Evacuations are planned. The reason for not evacuating is that the people at the 'base' are trying to achieve something, not because they're trapped.

It was even stupider when I saw Tomb of the Cybermen called a 'base under siege'. What base? They've just walked into the monster's home!

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Spoiler-free review of the next episode, anyone?

10 days to go, 10 days to go...

--------------------

Jay-Emm
Shipmate
# 11411

- Posted      Profile for Jay-Emm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
It was even stupider when I saw Tomb of the Cybermen called a 'base under siege'. What base? They've just walked into the monster's home!

It is a base under siege, just by weak local aliens aided by a (then) mysterious alien power.

That's the problem with the modern world it can't see things beyond it's own self interest.

[/childishness (really I quite agree)]

doubtingthomas
Shipmate
# 14498

- Posted      Profile for doubtingthomas     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Small change of subject/era, but here's a little prequel for the new series:

http://youtu.be/2IROtC6cAT4

enjoy

Posts: 266 | From: A Small Island | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

quote:
Originally posted by doubtingthomas:

enjoy

Will you just look at Matt Smith's performance in that clip! It's beautiful! He's brilliant when he's acting with children - so generous and genuine.

--------------------

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

(By the way, there's a Doctor Who themed edition of the seriously cheesy quiz show Pointless this evening - BBC1 7pm - with actors from the new and classic series as contestants.)

--------------------

Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

enjoy

Will you just look at Matt Smith's performance in that clip! It's beautiful! He's brilliant when he's acting with children - so generous and genuine.
Oh, that was so lovely!

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin] Speechless.

(Oh, except exactly what Adeodatus said.)

[ 24. March 2013, 00:49: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While we're waiting ... anyone else enjoyed listening to The recent radio adaptation of Neverwhere ? Superb.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

enjoy

Oh my word.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

That was very cute without being much of a spoiler. I approve!

--------------------

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

By the way, I'm assuming that's since it's billed as a 'prequel', that lovely clip won't be a part of Saturday's episode - it's a stand-alone episodicule*.
quote:
While we're waiting ... anyone else enjoyed listening to The recent radio adaptation of Neverwhere ? Superb.

I've missed the whole darned thing! Missed the tv version a few years back too. Loved the novel though - I'll read anything by the magnificent Mr Gaiman.

Does everyone know he's got another Doctor Who episode coming up? With a returning enemy ...

(*A word I think I just made up.)

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

quote:
Does everyone know he's got another Doctor Who episode coming up? With a returning enemy ...

Who I gather will not be the main focus of the episode, but I try to steer clear of anything spoilery, so I may have the wrong end of the stick here.

On the subject of spoilers, I do wish Auntie Beeb would offer a bit more quarantine for people like me. I'd have to turn the TV off as soon as each episode finishes and then avoid the BBC for the rest of the week to be spared the loud, irritating "next week on Who" bits, and I have no objection to prequels and so on, but it's a bit much to have to dig through strata of potentially spoilery stuff to watch them. I don't mind a sort of Radio Times one sentence outline of what's going to happen, but it would be nice to watch without knowing more or less where it's going.

--------------------

Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone bought the new commemorative Royal Mail stamp set? There are loads of them!

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

Haven't seen the stamps yet, but images of them are turning up online. They look great. (Is the old rule that living people don't get depicted on UK stamps now well and truly blown apart?) I must write some letters!

(And I've just noticed that Neverwhere is going to be available on the BBC website for a long time to come after the final episode has aired. Yay!)

--------------------

Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sparrow:
Has anyone bought the new commemorative Royal Mail stamp set? There are loads of them!

I'd be awfully thrilled if somebody in England were to send me a postcard or letter with one or two of those on it!!

[ 27. March 2013, 15:22: Message edited by: Trudy Scrumptious ]

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

Footling around on the Royal Mail website, look what I found.

Oh my! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lord Jestocost
Shipmate
# 12909

- Posted      Profile for Lord Jestocost   Email Lord Jestocost   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Acrylic? But the original was knitted by Madame Nostradamus!
Posts: 761 | From: The Instrumentality of Man | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Jestocost:
quote:

Acrylic? But the original was knitted by Madame Nostradamus!
... that witty little knitter!

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Oh my! [Big Grin]

And I can't even just look at it! [Frown]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Oh my! [Big Grin]

Well, we can only guess; the web page has been amended as "product not available to view".
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:

Oh my! [Big Grin]

Well, we can only guess; the web page has been amended as "product not available to view".
It's the scarf! The scarf!

But it's £45, so they can forget it.

There are a couple of preview clips of The Bells of Saint John on the BBC website now. I think Celia Imrie's guest star role is going to be a classic.

--------------------

Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The version sold by ThinkGeek may be a bit more affordable, though I don't know about its authenticity.

As for me I'm saving up to buy this, which I'm proud to say is made by a company in my hometown. I've gotten as far as trying it on but not as far as affording it yet.

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trudy Scrumptious:
As for me I'm saving up to buy this, which I'm proud to say is made by a company in my hometown. I've gotten as far as trying it on but not as far as affording it yet.

Ooh. Me want one. I've been good, I deserve a present!

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

Nice coat. And it is still quite chilly, Hedgehog (in Manchester, anyway. Not sure about Delaware).

Meanwhile, a dire warning has appeared on twitter and youtube... [Ultra confused]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I am so bummed. I have a group presentation due on Monday, so my non-Easter parts of the weekend will be taken up working with my group. So. I'm gonna miss the premiere and color-commentary fest. [Frown]

(I'll catch up.)

Thanks again for that clip, doubtingthomas-- you have no idea the joy it brings.

In fact I'm gonna say something-- those of you who know me from facebook may have participated on my recent discussion of what constitutes a mensch, and what deep respect I have to have accumulated to call someone a mensch. Well, I think I have now found a term that trumps that-- Kid Person.

Most people like kids, it's not about that. Most people are fairly good with kids, if they make the effort, so it's not about that, either. But some folk seem to have a built in instinct for how to approach kids, and a level of respect and understanding for them that is above the ordinary. It's more than having fun with them, or being nice to them, it's understanding when to give them a hand-up, when to lay down a boundary, and when to step back and make them take the reins. It's giving them the same respect and camaraderie you would give any peer,without forgetting your responsibility as an adult to support and mentor them.(This could be in an acting scene or doing a math problem or building a lego house)

So, short version. Smith strikes me as a Kid Person. And in my opinion, you could get a dozen BAFTAS, Oscars, whatever and never trump that.

End fangirl Gush of the Day. Off to do schoolwork. Have fun y'all!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

OK quick add, if the Equality meme going around on FB just now is actually a quote from him, he just got "Mensch" as well. [Overused]

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
First it was don't blink, now it's don't click.

No spoilers till the US have watched.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If people want to discuss the most recent episode, they should feel free to do so. It's out and in the public domain and is going to be discussed in a variety of places from now on anyway. If shipmates don't want to know what happens, they just need to avoid the thread. If those who have seen the episode and want to discuss it in detail are feeling sufficiently altruistic, a post can always be prefaced with "Spoilers", but IMO it would be unfair to put a stop on discussion for 24 hours or more.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Sufficiently creepy to give that frisson, but not creepy enough to tip the balance. I wasn't keen on the flirting, though - really don't want to see this going the same way as almost all the other female companions.

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will I enjoyed this episode. I have a techie problem that clicking on an unknown wifi provider is pretty stupid whatever. Apart from that, there were some interesting and challenging ideas explored.

Oh, and it was fun.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(sigh)

Gotta say it, I wish they would consider the fact that little girls watch this show, too. Little boys watch this show and hope one day they will have pilot a TARDIS and have wild adventures; over and over again little girls get told that the best they can hope for is maybe one day they'll be cute enough that someone else will drag them along for his adventures.

Girls deserve better.They definitely need more.

--------------------

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was fun.

People who click on unknown wi-fi connections may deserve everything they get but many computer users just don't understand what they might be doing. These are the same people who click on links in emails. I have had to sort this kind of mess out before. Fortunately no souls were lost.

I would like to know how the Doctor rode the motor bike through the Tardis control room. I don't suppose the floor was very grippy. Or perhaps the Tardis had some trickery which made it easy. There is a Tardis story later this season which I am looking forward to.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016