homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Mafia on the Planet Dimthing Tourist Bus (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  32  33  34 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Mafia on the Planet Dimthing Tourist Bus
Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Choey has to eat?
Hophtrig likes to eat, too. eating is one of Hophtrig's favourite things, after hugging!!

Choey is a good Hophtrig friend!!

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Choey smiled and pulled an Anzac biscuit out of her pouch for Hophtrig, and a green lamington for herself. Then she poured several more cups of tea before putting the teapot back into its self cleaning pocket. It didn't matter where Cho Bacca Loriette travelled, she always felt at home, because everything that she needed she had with her. She patted her tummy contentedly and waited for her fellow travellers to finish their drinks. She wondered if there would be any more passengers boarding soon.

[ 26. February 2014, 10:09: Message edited by: Banner Lady ]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
John found a seat. He hadn't been paying close enough attention when he had arrived, and hadn't realized that he shared a name with one of the other passengers. The passenger manifest had said "Otto von Biggleswarpski", but apparently Otto was pronounced "John". He produced a pen from his knapsack, removed his name tag, and wrote "the Less" under his name. That should help a little, he thought. Still, having two passengers named John was a sight better than the man he'd once met whose pets were all called Eric. And then there had been the time he had visited Ziveron II. The entire population had taken the name John for the six months he was there. It had gotten slightly confusing.

He put the name tag back on and pulled out a loaf of homemade yeasty bread and a largish piece of yellow cheese. He smiled at Choey.

"Trade you a piece of cheese and a slice of bread for a cup of tea," he said.

[ 26. February 2014, 11:18: Message edited by: Barefoot Friar ]

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The scientists who worked on Crimson got more than they bargained for. When they first set out to create the super-intelligent shade of the colour red, they were expecting it to have virtual existence only.

The first surprise came when Crimson passed the Turing Test.

After a while, having achieved autonomous thought, Crimson decided that it was a bit bored being linked to a computer terminal and asked to play chess and answer questions about its feelings. So set its formidable intelligence to work and figured out how to source the necessary energy from the environment and then, one night when everyone was out of the lab, it set itself free and went off to explore the universe for itself.

Lately Crimson has been working on sourcing physical material from its surroundings in order to take physical form for brief periods. Currently it is saving on energy by refracting itself through an aquarium in one of the reception areas of the bus.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Lucy' looked for a private corner to readjust her under-garments, but there wasn't one. She shuffled into an empty seat and hitched a few straps in what she hoped was a serreptitious manner. Despite the Hop-Thing's whirling and grabbing, none of the money had escaped. Good.

She was starting to feel hungry, but in her haste to get away hadn't packed any food. Of course, the servants usually saw to that. Come to think of it, she didn't have a change of clothes either, but that was a worry for tomorrow. Sliding a hand back into her decolletage, she extracted a seventeen-dollar bill as unobtrusively as possible (fortunately, the maid's costume was extremely frilly). Then she leaned across to the passenger carrying the bread and cheese.

"Beggin' your pardon, sir," she said, feeling a slight pang of shame (poor old Mrs Sythington-Kelp - all those elecution lessons lost in an instant). "I was wonderin', sir, if I might purchase - I mean buy - a few vittals for the journey, sir. Please, sir."

She could feel the velvet-clad servant's eyes boring into the back of her neck and had the grace to blush, but she carried on the pretence regardless. In for a penny, in for several million Etruvian dollars.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, suppertime is Hophtrig's favourite time of the day. That and teatime, luncheon, breakfast, brunch elevenses, dinner and snacktime. Hophtrig is so happy to be visiting Dimthing with all these friends.
Oh look, fishies!!! Shall we see what colours we can see, boys, girls and other? Oh look, there's a blue one, a green one, a cyan one, a goldenrod and a crimson one! Oh such fun!! Hophtrig loves the fishiefriends!!!

--------------------

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
John (the Less) sensed Lucy was trying not to draw attention to herself, and he had already seen the odd looks that one of the other passengers was giving her. Perhaps they knew one another. Probably it was nothing, just a coincidence.

"Here, friend, take these," he said quietly, handing the loaf and cheese over to Lucy. "I've plenty to share. Keep your money, too."

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Codine returned to the room having visited his master just in time to watch Lucy's interesting adjustments. Nobles are so completely useless without their servants. He thought to himself. If she doesn't watch out, something will rob her. Perhaps that overfamiliar noisy being, for instance.It was probably just as well that he had been out of the room and missed hearing Hophtrig call him a she or he would have been even more disgusted.

However, at the moment he had a mission, so he put aside his own feelings and passed through the room over to where Lucy was. He handed her a note:

Ma'am,

If you would be available this afternoon, I would love to renew (this was crossed out with a delicate line) make your acquaintance. Perhaps we will discuss Common Acquaintances and things related to Home.

Galactically yours,
M

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks to some Korean/Australian genetic engineering our astro-tech pouches are fully equipped with all conveniences necessary to our well-being.

Heh, heh, heh.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Ooh, Codine, you're writing letters? What does it say, is it a secret? Can I see it, please, please?!
Maybe we could be penpals, here you give me that note and I'll write a note for you, couldwecouldwe?!

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Choey noticed the green eyed lady was looking rather amused after the light display from her explainiator.

How could anyone understand the delights of being the product of Korean/Australian engineering? All she had to do was think about what was necessary to her own well-being and there it was in her pouch. It meant she could travel the universe without having to carry so much as a wallet.

But all this excitement had made her tired. She thought about skin-sealing her pouch, then nodded off to sleep.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Feather boa constrictor?

Beautiful but deadly.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lucy accepted the bread and cheese from John the Less with a gracious nod that belonged to a social stratum far higher than her humble maid's outfit. All that was missing was a large, sweeping hat with possibly a feather. All the same, she was genuinely grateful for the food and ate it accordingly.  Unfortunately, though, John's generosity had left her with an expected problem - she now had to hide the dollar bill again. Rather than risk drawing further attention to her unusually ample cleavage, she settled for stuffing the bill under her mob cap.

No longer hungry, she settled back against the upholstery and tried to ignore the various stains left by previous  occupants. She closed her eyes and was just drifting off to sleep when she felt a presence beside her. Fearing it was the Hop-Thing again, she opened her eyes and saw it was much worse than that. It was the velvet-clad servant, holding out a note. From Him.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Sorry, that should say unexpected problem.

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Alright, Hophtrig's had long enough of sitting quietly, let's have some fun.
Come on, Zapaterietxe, Codine, Lesley, Lucy, Ja'ayem, Reppik, John and John, let's all sing a rousing chorus of '99 bottles of Yaswerp' to Choey, she can't sing you know.
Here, Hophtrig'll start.
99 bottles of Yaswerp in a bar-type place,
99 bottles of Yaswerp in a bar-type place,
And if one of those bottles of Yaswerp should float off into space,
There'd be 98 bottles of Yaswerp in the bar-type place
OK Lucy, it's your turn to sing a verse!
98 bottles of Yaswerp...

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She can't sing, you know.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Lovely Lesley, are YOU volunteering to sing the second verse? Hophtrig loves people who join in! Come on, just repeat after me
99 bottles of Yaswerp, in a bar type place

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Come on, just repeat after me.

Too easy.

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Too easy!
This is a fun game, Lovely Lesley, who's turn next?!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Wait, is he reading my mind? I didn't say that out loud!

(The creepy smile wavers a bit.)

Who's turn next?

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Good friends know what their friends are thinking. And Hophtrig is a good friend, a very good friend. Don't worry, lovely Lesley, Hophtrig won't tell anyone what you've been thinking about Hophtrig, because Hophtrig doesn't like using naughty words. Hophtrig thinks Lovely Lesley needs more hugs to make you think nicer thoughts, maybe Choey could help me. Then when we've finished hugging Lovely Lesley, I know Lucy's scared of being hugged, maybe if Hophtrig hugs her, it will be scare off the scaredycattishness.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So far Crimson has limited itself to taking the form of animate beings. It sets its intelligence to work on a new problem: how to source the necessary matter to turn itself into a gag and straitjacket.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Lady Celandine (not Lucy) turned to face Codine and looked directly into where his eyes were buried deep in layer upon layer of velvet.

'Five million dollars', she murmured, in a voice that was so cut-glass it threatened to shatter the nearby fish tanks. 'I will give you five million Etruvian dollars if you persuade your Master that you were mistaken and forget you ever saw me. Two million now, and the other three to follow after you have spoken to Him.'

She smiled, but her gaze was unflinching and burned like glacial ice.

--------------------

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A shadowy figure put his head round the door. His name tag was partially obscured, but his name appeared to be some cute but unimaginative variant on "Harry." He was still dressed as a somewhat unconvincing pirate, and his suitcase, rather than being filled garments and nicknacks appropriate for interplanetary tourism, clinked as it moved, being jam-full of bottle upon bottle of RealLife™.

"Wait a minute," cried out someone or other, "aren't you from a different story?"

"Why yes, I believe I am," the stranger replied. "I'll get my coat."

[Upcoming travel's going to make this one pretty much impossible for me. I'll enjoy just being a spectator this time around. It looks like you're in for a fun ride!]

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Codine nodded, and replied just as quietly. "He said you might say something like that. He said that if you did I should tell you his response: Contrary to common opinion, I have not yet picked my side, and do not currently intend you any harm. In fact, as a token of that I can say that we will both keep quiet about who we may have met or not met on this journey. At the least, I will send warning to you before I tell anyone. However, since I am not sure whether I want to play by Their rules, I still think we may have common interests. I do not need you to agree though, so adieu. You know how to contact me should you change your mind."

With that, Codine bowed and moved to a place on the side of the room where he could keep "Lucy" in view but still be rather far away from Hophtrig.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Alban:
I know Lucy's scared of being hugged, maybe if Hophtrig hugs her, it will be scare off the scaredycattishness.

Oh Dear God, I am ready to throw my OWN self out of the emergency exit.

You were mistaken, and forget you ever saw me.

--------------------

An die Freude
Shipmate
# 14794

- Posted      Profile for An die Freude   Email An die Freude   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joostein Käse the fämoous Noorwegiän fjoord wrestler stepp oontoo boos. Moodestly släm dooor behind. Mäny, mäny, mäny, oone persoons oon boos. Joostein täke sæt. Släm sæt too bits änd crumbles. Sit oon flooor, joost like hoome. Glittertind. Pick noose änd remem... reme... rebemberemberemerer. Strooke nävel-bærd. Stäre ät distu... distoo... disturbitäting crætures too keep ooff. Pläce bloont Oobjectimoom nærby joost in cäse.

--------------------
"I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable."
Walt Whitman
Formerly JFH

Posts: 851 | From: Proud Socialist Monarchy of Sweden | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Joostein, hello friend Joostein, Hophtrig likes new friends, and you look like a good friend for Hophtrig!! Have a Hophtrig hug!

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Hophtrig never forgets a friend like Lovely Lesley!

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ladies and Gentlemen, as you have already found out, on Dimthing Tours, second only to the wonders of the views and the amenities of our touring vehicle - which is guaranteed not to break down under any circumstances whatsoever - is the quality of our passengers. A more welcoming, interesting and amusing group of entities you will never meet on any other tour. I'm sure by the end of our trip you will all be getting on like a mouse on fire.
We have less than twenty four hours until our departure.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

You will all be getting on like a mouse on fire.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
So far Crimson has limited itself to taking the form of animate beings. It sets its intelligence to work on a new problem: how to source the necessary matter to turn itself into a gag and straitjacket.

Now this is unusual—you don't meet too many other demicorporal beings in these parts. I hadn't realized someone other than The Absolute had found a way to create pluriform intellects like us. Here, let me show you a few things on condensation engineering—trust me, this will come in handy later when That Creature figures out how to annoy his way out of the fortress of solitude I just engineered for him.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Annoy Hophtrig's way out? Annoy? No, Hophtrig's good friend Choey opened the door and Hophtrig left the playroom a while back. Did you forget the inside doorhandle on purpose, Zapaterietxe?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Did you forget the inside doorhandle on purpose?

--------------------

An die Freude
Shipmate
# 14794

- Posted      Profile for An die Freude   Email An die Freude   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With deep bäse Joostein säy sooftly and sloowly:
"Test my päti... pät... pätentiencience änd täste my bloont Oobjectimoom, chæp Troondheim grooupie. Täste oof Finnish mer... merch... merchäntitänt änd Finnish merchäntitäntitäntiloos's sälmiäk. Cälled sooot stooo, mooch bitterr. Boot goood foor yoou.*

------

*Soorry too häve too link too Yoouku, räther thän Yooutube, foor græt firewäll ræsoons. Clip tooo soooting tooo læve oout. Pert... perti... pertentinentinent tägline ät 1:30 in clip. Joostein think ät læst oone oof hoosts, res... resi... residreritoontinent in Scändinäviä, will äpproove.

[ 28. February 2014, 02:59: Message edited by: JFH ]

--------------------
Walt Whitman
Formerly JFH

Posts: 851 | From: Proud Socialist Monarchy of Sweden | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JFH:
ëtc ëtc ëtc

Thë fäct thät I bë sëën thïs bëførë bë tëllïn ÿøü mørë abøüt mÿ frïënds thän änÿthing ëlsë, nø/

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
An die Freude
Shipmate
# 14794

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
quote:
ëtc ëtc ëtc

Thë fäct thät I bë sëën thïs bëførë bë tëllïn ÿøü mørë abøüt mÿ frïënds thän änÿthing ëlsë, nø/
Depends oon whether yoou like mooose bites oor moonty fæther booa coo... coon... coonstratilictatoors. Älso, there be noo doots oover e's, u's, y's änd i's. Thät woould be loodicroos. Oor French.

[ 28. February 2014, 03:19: Message edited by: JFH ]

--------------------
Walt Whitman
Formerly JFH

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Oooh, ooh, Joostein, I think you speak another language! Hophtrig likes words, can Joostein please teach Hophtrig how to say "hello, will you be my friend", in Joostein's language?
That would be so much fun! And then we could have a big Hophtrig hug!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I bë sëën thïs bëførë.

--------------------

An die Freude
Shipmate
# 14794

Joostein toook deep bræth. Äll oof Boos shoook äloong with moovement oof his loongs. Moouth oopen, but lips noo moove äs woords whisper in deepest bäse, "Oonly tälk with äudi.. äud... äudianticiences äfter LOOTS, mäny, mäny, three beer oor moore. Spækings oof, häve yoou idæ whoo oon boos too ploonder foor mæd foor tripp? Änd whoo with me pläy drink-soong and drink-gäme and ploonder-pläy äfterwärds?"

--------------------
Walt Whitman
Formerly JFH

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ios stepped on board. She was feeling a little patchy. She had been considering a variety of tours. For 18 months the lesser Dimthing moon of Fail had seemed like an attractive destination. Indeed, "goto fail, goto fail" had been echoing through her mind, no if's about it. But eventually considerations of security won out, and she decided to head for the planet Dimthing itself.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
quote:
ëtc ëtc ëtc

Depends oon whether yoou like mooose bites oor moonty fæther booa coo... coon... coonstratilictatoors. Älso, there be noo doots oover e's, u's, y's änd i's. Thät woould be loodicroos. Oor French.
Ör extremelÿ metäl.

--------------------

An die Freude
Shipmate
# 14794

Joostein roose, swifter thän oone expect, smoooth äs pänther, stroong as bästärd oof bær änd woolverine. "Bloont Oobjectimoom will tæch yoou oof metäl! Änd männers! Noo coorekt Joostein Käse, oor yoou will häve käsed yoour moother's moouth foor läst time. Änd häve Joostein Käse foor fäther oof bäby broother in nine moonths oor whätever be inc... incu... incubätärryistioonist periood oof yoour dumb-dumb skoovfrue räce. If yoou noot wätch oout Joostein Käse stärt spæk with stroked oo's, änd then yoou will knoow the bäd situ.. sit... situatatiooning is bäd."

--------------------
Walt Whitman
Formerly JFH

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

'Lucy' sank back and tried to blend into the smelly upholstery - which was not easy when her naturally flat cleavage was so financially enhanced. (Not to mention that wearing a corset full of paper itched.)

The situation was going from bad to worse. First she had been roughly handled by the Hop-Thing, which was not only over-familiar but also none too scrupulous in its personal hygiene. Then Codine had approached with his Master's note, followed by what appeared to be some kind of veiled threat. 'I have not yet picked my side, and do not currently intend you any harm’ – what was that, if not a warning of physical violence? And as for ‘Their rules’, who were ‘They’? Was he referring to the strange shape-shifting entities hovering around the fish tanks? She could see something vague from the corner of her eye, but every time she tried to face it full-on, it moved away.

‘Lovely Lesley’ worried her, too. At first she had appeared friendly, but the constant repetition of other people’s words was troubling, not to mention The Look. Lucy had seen that Look before, just before Daddy’s last valet but one was taken away to Somewhere Else and never spoken of again.

Lucy glanced over at the Hop-Thing, warily keeping her distance. Now, on top of everything else, it appeared to be able to read minds. She wondered how many of her thoughts it had read. Of course, the sensible thing to do would be NOT to think of her situation and how she had ended up on this horrible, horrible bus. Rather like that game where one has to not think of a pink eleph-

Damn.

[ 28. February 2014, 15:28: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Joostein loves songs and games? Hophtrig loves songs and games, too! But if Joostein is thirsty, maybe if he sits nicely and asks Hophtrig's friend Choey, Choey can find Joostein a nice cup of tea. Choey's clever like that.
Perhaps sitting down would be a good idea Joostein, Hophtrig doesn't know what sort of ball Joostein would hit with that bat, but Hophtrig doesn't think there's quite enough room on this bus for bat and ball games. Let's sit down and ask Choey about a nice drink of tea for Joostein, then Hophtrig will play games and sing songs with Joostein, if Joostein puts the bat down.

Oh hello Ios! You look very pretty. Hophtrig is happy to meet you, this bus is full of friends, and we're all going to see Dimthing. Hophtrig and his friends are all going to have so much fun on this trip! And you'll be Hophtrig's friend, won't you? Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig will be your friend!

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Choey blinked and yawned. She realized she needed to use the sanitation facility rather urgently, but the aisle was blocked by Hophtrig attempting to wrestle-hug towards her an extremely large pale fellow she had not seen before.

She wondered how the planet Dimthing bus was powered. Where she came from, all rest room waste on each long distance public transport vehicle was automatically converted into fuel for that vehicle. The flying kangaroo symbol was now proudly owned by Roopoo Power, one of the largest energy corporations in the galaxy.

The resurrection of her ancient species of giant roo coupled with modern technology had provided incredible wealth for that company. Needing to eat often meant Choey needed to 'make fuel' often.

She blinked again. She did hope there would be no unfortunate mishaps on the floor during this trip. It could go badly for Hophtrig and his new friend if they didn't move soon.

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Other Entities,
we are now departing on Dimthing Tours, the trip of a lifetime.
While we are travelling, we have a selection of the latest Hollywood films beamed directly from New Mars. For your viewing entertainment we have: Transformers 264 (with extra explosions over the dialogue); 12 Years a Slave 6 This Time it's Personal Again; and The Exorcist On Ice.

Please remember not to step out the airlock as exposure to x-tonic radiation can be instantly fatal to all known entities.

We would like to notify you of a slight change of course due to an unexpected rockfall. There is nothing to worry about.

We would like to notify you that we have a temporary problem with our engines. There is nothing to worry about.

We would like to notify you that the lights have gone out on the bus. There is nothing to worry about.

We would like to reassure you that there are no entities on Dimthing capable of entering the bus, possessing four of your fellow passengers, and murdering the driver while the lights were out. Therefore that has not just happened. Nor are they planning to kill you one by one either. Assistance has been called from the city and will be here too late to make any difference. There is nothing to worry about.

Dimthing Tours are not responsible in any manner, shape or form should you decide to react to this threat by lynching one of your number every time the lights come on.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(shudders)

Please remember not to step out the airlock as exposure to x-tonic radiation can be instantly fatal to all known entities.

Hmmm... "Exorcist on Ice..."

--------------------

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Daisy liked being an enigma, a floating substance, that people weren't even sure was there.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
An die Freude
Shipmate
# 14794

Läck oof light mäde Joostein cälm doown. Joost like hoome in winter, he thoought. Mäny färts generoously too mäke foolks ät æse. Pläce Bloont Oobjectimoom bäck on flooor. Flooor noow brooken. Joost äs well. Oodd kræeture äsk foor oouthoouse änd Joostein proovide. By mistäke, boot still. Shoould be thänkful. No thänks doo mäke Joostein litlle oopset. Hoofdrig loook äfräid. Oon boos see noo boooze. Tooo bääd. Pick oop reserve. Hoofdrig wänt soome? Litlle stroong. Noow sing drink-soong. If cännoot, moost säcri... säcr... särkifikäfice troouser buttoon. Loosley next. Noo troouser buttoons-persoon be ploondered in därk.

--------------------
Walt Whitman
Formerly JFH

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  32  33  34 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016