homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Mafia on the Planet Dimthing Tourist Bus (Page 27)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  32  33  34 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Mafia on the Planet Dimthing Tourist Bus
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
Otto is curious about why John nominated him.

You missed the bit about me suspecting you since Reppik's demise. So I'll go ahead and tell you:

I've suspected you, off and on, since Reppik's demise. Or to be more specific, since Reppik implicated you in that terrible excuse for a defense speech. Since then, I've found several other things that made me suspect you.

It has nothing to do with you "irritating me". It has everything to do with all the other evidence that has slowly piled up around you.

That being said, I am most likely not voting for you this time. My eyes are still on you, but I think it is more important to look at the others right now.

The more I consider, the more concerned I am that the Grafinn is guilty. I'm not casting a vote quite yet, but I am strongly considering her as my candidate. I'm actually leaning more toward her at the moment than toward Hophtrig. I hate to change my mind yet again, but I can't really help it.

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The way the Possessed will win is to redirect our attention whenever we are close to lynching one of them, and to sow seeds of confusion and deceit when we seem united. We've done a marvellous job of working together the past two Dimthing days, and this cannot be a good thing for the Possessed. At the same time, we lost our way a couple times. We unanimously lynched Ja'ayem, but we had originally been planning to lynch Choey. We next lynched Choey, but found that she was innocent. The whole day leading up to lynching Choey, we were unsure, uncertain, unguided. We ended up lynching Choey because she seemed most suspicious at the time, and because we needed to lynch someone and she was convenient. It's a terrible reason, but it was the best anyone could offer. Two in particular mentioned (rather too loudly, I thought) that we had lynched an innocent, and that we needed to be certain the next time, yet didn't really offer any good alternatives. One of those two voted for someone else, but then tried to change his vote later so that he could also vote for Choey -- so he's not exactly without sin in this one.

Now we've set out to lynch one, and then something else has arisen. Is this fortuitous intuition? Or is this a dastardly diversion designed to divide? Would we be better served going with our original direction, ignoring the conversations of the day until we know the verdict of the lynching? Or would we be better off going with what we've considered, knowing that we can renew today's line of inquiry with renewed vigor on the morrow, should the new line prove a false lead?

I say the latter. Eliabulon, if guilty, is a most heinous and dangerous criminal. If innocent, she would be helpful, but to be quite honest, if she's innocent we know upon whom to call tomorrow. In other words, if we lynch the Grafinn and she's innocent, then we have the option to allow Hophtrig to follow her tomorrow. And if we lynch the Grafinn and she is guilty, then we will have made a wise choice.

Ios, I want to hear from you before I go further. And Zapaterietxe. Am I going crazy again?

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hophtrig is with you, John (of course Hophtrig is, it's quite good for Hophtrig),
Hophtrig nominated on Ios' suggestion, which of course would potentially save Hophtrig's hide. So Hophtrig thinks the consequences of nominating the Graffin need to be split.
Ios can have the credit if we are right, for Ios suggested the idea. Hophtrig will happily take the blame, should we be wrong. Should we be wrong, Hophtrig will, indeed, be next in line. Hophtrig cannot promise to vote for Hophtrig (Hophtrig is not that nutty), but Hophtrig accepts his demise as an inevitable fate should this be wrong.

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ios has no frigging clue right now. Let me sleep on it.

Ios turns over and goes back to sleep where she's dreaming about spending all day at Disneyland with fictitious A.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A faint haze appears at the front
I'm less sure of myself than I was before, so I'm going to watch for a bit, if anyone's expecting dramatic pronouncements. Carry on, and know you're not just being paranoid if you think somebody (or something) is watching every little thing you say.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the very least, I'd like to hear what Eliabulon has to say before voting, as she has both been absent for awhile, and stands accused yet again.

Ios goes back to sleep. She is now dreaming that she is debating with fictitious A. which of them should have come on the bus trip, and which gone to the conference. A. claims to have checked the hotel bathroom and found no toilet cleaner, so a safe shower is expected in the fictitious morning.

--------------------
Truth

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
A faint haze appears at the front
I'm less sure of myself than I was before, so I'm going to watch for a bit, if anyone's expecting dramatic pronouncements. Carry on, and know you're not just being paranoid if you think somebody (or something) is watching every little thing you say.

Just get your hat ready. I think you gave your mustard to Ios.

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hophtrig was going to ask Zapaterietxe if Zapaterietxe has a millinery recipe book. Hophtrig suggested there could be no button for Ios today, but then Ios had her stroke of genius and suggested the Graffin. Hophtrig might just join Zapaterietxe in Zapaterietxe's millinericious meal.

--------------------

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Dimthing to Grafinn. Dimthing to Grafinn. Come in, Grafinn. We are missing you. We are waiting for you to come and as usual poke holes in all of Ios' ideas.

--------------------
Truth

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

Very well then, Ios. I'm not overly hopeful, but I see your point.

Since I've not given a formal list of things I suspect, I shall do so now.
  • The first one was originally Ios' idea: "The suspicious thing that Eliabulon has done, over and over and over, is reject all of my ideas that there might be extra layers of multiple bluff going on. Perhaps this is a big neon sign to Eliabulon's guilt: if Possessed, she herself has been doing it with many levels of multiple bluff, and would hardly want the Assembled Beings to start considering that anyone on board bus might possibly engage in multiple bluff." This has two sides. One is Occam's Razor: The simplest answer is usually the correct one. Yet the other is that we've tried Occam's Razor and both times lynched an innocent. Despite the evidence right in front of everyone that there was at least some level of double bluff going on, some have denied it. Why? To avert attention?
  • The one who realized that that Crimson was a detective was smart. I realized she was, but I thought Zapaterietxe was, as well; she died because I chose the wrong one to protect. And that person was especially smart to know (or at least bet on) the fact that I wouldn't be protecting her. Who have we got who could have done this?
  • The one who realized that Celandine was a detective was even smarter. I never caught her reference until she was dead. It was subtle. Who have we got who could have done this?
  • This one comes from my earlier discussion about this: "Another point of surprise for me is the fact that she has not yet been targeted by the Possessed. Why not? If I were possessed and she were innocent, I would be most afraid of her because she is such an experienced bus passenger. She has, to quote my grandfather, 'been up th' crick and over th' mountain.' My only explanations at the moment are that either the Possessed are hoping we will grow restless and will lynch her, or else she is herself Possessed." I thought taking out Daisy was a good move because it left us with no leads, but why did they not attack the Grafinn? Attacking me the next night was worth a shot, since there was no telling whom I might be protecting -- even though I had already explicitly said I would be protecting myself. Attacking the Grafinn any of the past three nights would have been smart. But here she is, still alive. Why?*
  • Joostein railed and raged against the Grafinn, and I see the roots of it even before the bus crashed and the roles announced. This colors what evidence Joostein turned up. However, he did have a good point or three. He speculated that Reppik's poor defense was in fact designed. He believed that a half decent Possessed team could have written Reppik a good speech, since they could collaborate and talk behind the scenes. Joostein postulated that the reason they didn't was so that the Grafinn could establish herself as an innocent early on; he believed that by doing so she would ensure her survival until the late game. He further believed that the sacrifice was unintentional at first. From my perspective, it went like this: Zapaterietxe had begun working the Reppik angle almost immediately. Reppik survived the first day, but I nominated him first thing on the second day, Zapaterietxe and I led the bandwagon, and in the middle of it all the Grafinn started waffling over whether to vote for Otto or Reppik. Joostein believed that the Grafinn decided to vote for Reppik so that she could use that as cover. Looking at this from the perspective that four days† of mayhem gives me, I think that Joostein could possibly be right for once. What if Otto is the other guilty one, and the Grafinn was forced to choose between two guilties? Or what if Otto is innocent, and the Grafinn wanted to vote for him, but felt forced by popular demand to vote for Reppik?

Let's look at the voting record. The nominations on Dimthing Day Two were: Otto, nominated by Hophtrig; Reppik Tew, nominated by John the Less; Hophtrig, nominated by Otto, and of course "No Lynching" (a.k.a. TESS). At the start we had fourteen beings alive, and thus needed seven votes to lynch. Choey began the voting process by voting for Hophtrig. Ja'ayem voted for Otto, as did Hophtrig. Zapateriexte came and voted for "surprise, surprise" Reppik. Celandine also voted for Reppik. Lesley then voted for No Lynching, and then I voted for Reppik. At that point, the vote totals were: Hophtrig, 1; Otto, 2, Reppik, 3, No Lynching, 1.

Ios voted for Reppik, which removed both Hophtrig and No Lynching from death row. Otto also voted for Reppik. This meant that both Otto and Reppik were possibilities, and Reppik led 5 votes to 2.

Joostein voted for Otto.

Eliabulon, who had been waffling for some time now, voted for Reppik. In doing so, she removed the possibility of lynching Otto. Only one more vote was needed to lynch Reppik, and Daisy flew in from no where and gave the needed vote. Reppik voted for No Lynching (before Daisy voted, as a matter of fact), and Codine voted last, for Reppik. That meant that the final numbers were: Hophtrig, 1; Otto, 3; Reppik, 8; No Lynching, 2.

There are a few interesting tidbits in all this. First, Reppik's speech and vote implicate Otto. Second, the Grafinn's seeming inability to choose between Otto and Reppik could point to possession on Otto's part. Voting for Hophtrig was out of the question; Ios had already prevented Hophtrig from being lynched that day. Voting for No Lynching was also impossible, because the Grafinn had been calling for a lynching since the moment she stepped aboard‡. She really had no choice but Otto or Reppik.
  • When Joostein role claimed, the Grafinn said the real doctor should counter-claim. Zapaterietxe said the real doctor should shut up. Zapaterietxe was right; although I've prevented two deaths so far, I feel I could have been much more effective if I had stayed quiet like Zapaterietxe said. The Possessed want me outed; that way they can target me and the others as they wish. This doesn't by itself implicate Eliabulon, but taken with everything else it makes sense. If she's guilty, then of course she wants a counter claim. Mine was the only power role left.

These all add up to something that isn't quite right. Something doesn't quite add up, until I consider that the Grafinn could be guilty. Then it starts to make sense to me.

I will go ahead and state that I could see any two of Otto, Hophtrig, and Eliabulon being guilty, and I know one of them must not be. Adding Codine to the mix only makes it more difficult. Otto and Eliabulon are my two prime suspects at the moment. If we lynch any of them we can learn enough to continue, whether they be innocent or guilty.

______
*Zapaterietxe pointed out similar thinking in regards to Cho Bacca, and they never took him up on it. So admittedly there's not a lot to this line of questioning. I include it here for the sake of being complete.

†Two things. First, all references to time are in Dimthing time unless otherwise noted. Second, remember the famous Four Days speech? What the heck happened to that?

‡This was what made me suspect her in the first place, although Zapaterietxe explained it is her normal way of doing things. I'm sorry, but it seems really dangerous and bloodthirsty to me. It's far too easy to lynch an innocent on the first day, and doing so gives us too little to go on to justify such a sacrifice.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

That's an interesting assemblage of evidence, John. A few questions and observations:

What famous Four Days speech?

Like Eliabulon, I tend also to think it could be a good idea to lynch someone on Day One. If we delay our first lynching until Day Two, what do we know on Day Two that we didn't know on Day One? Knowing the name of one murder victim isn't much advantage for a Day Two first lynching over a Day One first lynching.

I can't quite work out whether it can be right for a false role claim not to be challenged. That seems wierd to me. Everything is wierd on this bus trip, though, so maybe you're right John.

--------------------
Truth

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
Originally spoken by Ios:
What famous Four Days speech?

This one.
quote:
Like Eliabulon, I tend also to think it could be a good idea to lynch someone on Day One. If we delay our first lynching until Day Two, what do we know on Day Two that we didn't know on Day One? Knowing the name of one murder victim isn't much advantage for a Day Two first lynching over a Day One first lynching.
We were able to suss out that Reppik was guilty on the first day. I didn't feel like we had enough to convict him on when the voting was open, but by the time the second day dawned I thought we did. Perhaps if the timing of everyone's RealLyfe had happened differently, I and the others could have been convinced of his guilt before voting opened. Perhaps I'm just a newbie to all this, but I don't think the first day really gives us enough information to successfully lynch a mafioso unless something exceedingly lucky happens. I agree we need to be willing and able to take advantage of strokes of luck, but I don't think they happen often. Taking an extra day gives more time to figure people out. This is all tangential to the charge, so don't count it among evidence. But that's what I think.
quote:
I can't quite work out whether it can be right for a false role claim not to be challenged. That seems weird to me. Everything is weird on this bus trip, though, so maybe you're right John.
Well, had I remained silent, we would have likely lynched Joostein anyway. And then we would have seen that he wasn't the doctor, and thus I would have been left to work in peace. This one is a bit more iffy than the bit about lynching on the first day, but I felt that in our specific situation Zapaterietxe was correct.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Otto finds this very interesting. Before reading this all, he was thinking overnight of 2 of these: Hophtrig, Eliabulon and Codine. The first 2, he was thinking he didn't know which was more prominent in his mind, and the third, was the third.

Otto knows that he is innocent, but understands that somehow the wrong idea has been planted that he is not. It is wrong, and Otto doesn't seem to have the means to persuade about it.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Interesting thinking, John. I will have to process it and re-evaluate Eliabulon to decide what I think. Only one small thing I see to disagree with: You note that Eliabulon saved Otto with her vote. Note though that she helped to lynch a Possessed person. So if she and Otto and our remaining Possessed, she was choosing to help lynch one of her comrades above another.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
Interesting thinking, John. I will have to process it and re-evaluate Eliabulon to decide what I think. Only one small thing I see to disagree with: You note that Eliabulon saved Otto with her vote. Note though that she helped to lynch a Possessed person. So if she and Otto and our remaining Possessed, she was choosing to help lynch one of her comrades above another.

Yes, that is a hole in my argument. Another is the fact that Reppik was unreadable, a trait that would have been valuable later on. So why sacrifice him? Then again, by the time she voted, it was pretty clear Reppik was doomed. She may have been intending to do something else but was forced by convention to vote for Reppik.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:

Wait, no, sorry. I was distracted. What I should have said is, Yes, that is exactly right.

I'll assume for a moment that the three were Otto, Eliabulon and Reppik. Reppik and Otto were both nominated, along with Hophtrig. However, Choey was the only one to vote for him. By the time Zapaterietxe came along, there was a legit bandwagon going against Otto. Then several voted for Reppik, so that by the time Eliabulon decided to vote, she really only had two valid choices: Reppik or Otto. Hophtrig had already been cleared, and TESS would have been too obvious. So a guilty Eliabulon would have to weigh which one was more likely to get lynched. The consensus seemed to have turned toward Reppik, although Joostein had just voted for Otto. I guess my play in that would be to vote for Reppik, thinking that the next two probably would as well.

If we assume that Reppik, Eliabulon, and someone other than Otto is guilty, then I don't understand why it played out that way. Voting for Otto would have been the clear, obvious, and mainly safe choice. The only other reason I could think of to vote for Reppik in that situation would be in an early sacrifice situation, where Eliabulon was seeking to build innocent cred by voting for a guilty being.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Honestly that makes me want to lynch Otto then. That may sound backward, but until she left town Eliabulon was contributing, so if she is innocent she is useful, but if Otto is guilty we know Eliabulon must be also. As I said though I must admit a bias toward talkers. (Good thing you are a known innocent ; )"

Codine paused and then resumed:

"Not that you are useless Otto. But Eliabulon is more analytical."

[ 10. April 2014, 16:59: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

Hmm, interesting point. Otto has been suspicious to me since the beginning.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Then if Otto is innocent, you would consider Eliabulon to also be innocent? Which means to Otto that the guilty must be drawn from the group: Hophtrig, Codine and Ios. Otto believes Ios is innocent, which means that the guilty two are Hophtig and Codine. Otto has consulted with the FBC on this, and the FBC prompts him to say: "Hophtrig is the one to vote off this round, and Codine the next, because Otto and Ios are the innocents, and mark my word carefully, because Otto is innocent."

The reasoning that would vote Otto off may seem logical except for one nasty little fact of his innocence. Otto did not vote for the innocent Choey....

But seeing as this reasoning comes from the suspected guilty Codine, Otto considers that Codine is spreading FUD and trying to deflect from Codine's guilt. Which makes Otto more confident in voting Hophtrig and thinking that Codine must be the second bad one after Hoppy. So Otto's vote is cast.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Hophtrig and The Graffin, Ekaterina Eliabulon are not a team. Hophtrig and Codine are not a team. Hophtrig is good. I wouldn't necessarily assume that Otto and the Graffin are a team either, but if Hophtrig was willing to nominate on Ios' suggestion, Hophtrig is ready to back that up with a vote, as you may have noticed.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
The reasoning that would vote Otto off may seem logical except for one nasty little fact of his innocence. Otto did not vote for the innocent Choey....

Is that a fact? Because this here says that:
quote:
Originally spoken by Otto:
Okay says Otto, I am good with Choey too. "The FBC and me", says Otto, "we can't actually know, but if Choey is innocent, Otto will cry, because Wang Ho told me so."

I read that as an attempt to vote for Choey. So did Ios, for that matter:
quote:
Originally spoken by Ios:
I don't know if Otto is allowed to change his vote.

And our fearless leader, Dafyd, must have thought the same:
quote:
Originally spoken by Dafyd:
Votes once cast cannot be changed.

Four votes for Choey. One for Codine.

So yes, you did originally vote for someone else. But you tried to change your vote when you saw there was a bandwagon forming, and to me that amounts to the same thing.

So get off your high horse about not voting for Cho Bacca. Because you're starting to make me angry.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
Then if Otto is innocent, you would consider Eliabulon to also be innocent?

No.

quote:
Which means to Otto that the guilty must be drawn from the group: Hophtrig, Codine and Ios. Otto believes Ios is innocent, which means that the guilty two are Hophtig and Codine. Otto has consulted with the FBC on this, and the FBC prompts him to say: "Hophtrig is the one to vote off this round, and Codine the next, because Otto and Ios are the innocents, and mark my word carefully, because Otto is innocent."

I don't think I follow. If you're innocent (which I'm seriously, seriously doubting at the moment), then I still am suspicious of the Grafinn. My two choices if you were somehow innocent would be Eliabulon and Hophtrig.

quote:

Addressed this already. See above. Read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest.

quote:
But seeing as this reasoning comes from the suspected guilty Codine, Otto considers that Codine is spreading FUD and trying to deflect from Codine's guilt. Which makes Otto more confident in voting Hophtrig and thinking that Codine must be the second bad one after Hoppy. So Otto's vote is cast.

I do not understand this line of thinking at all.

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Hophtrig agrees that everyone voted for Choey. Everyone voted for Choey, only one of the votes was invalid as Otto cast his vote for Choey having already voted. No-one's hands are clean after that vote. Hophtrig's especially, Hophtrig was silly enough to take a look in one of the bags Choey left behind, now Hophtrig's hands look like the side of the bus.
Anyone want a Hophtrig hug?

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

I have no idea what to think about who might be Possessed. I'm inclined to purely follow the numbers: if we choose at random among the four suspects this turn and next, and carry out a lynching each time, we have a 5/6 chance of getting at least one Possessed. Getting one Possessed in this turn or next is all we need to ultimately win, given best play by the doctor.

Someone please check my 5/6 calculation.

John and Zapaterietxe, if we three agree to vote for someone already voted for then we can guarantee a lynching. I think that's what we need, and then another lynching next turn, and hope that the 5/6 probability comes through for us.

It's no use getting annoyed at the situation; the Mafia nearly always win and it is really quite fortunate that we Innocents have gotten to this point with this much of a numerical advantage.

--------------------
Truth

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

A big Hophtrig hug for poor, confused Ios.
Hophtrig thinks, if the Graffin, Ekaterina Eliabulon is one of the naughty, then having Eliabulon remain simply adds to the confusion of the good. Otto and Hophtrig, as Codine said, are not so analytical as Eliabulon. However this comes in Hophtrig's mind to the opposite of Codine's conclusion, if we suspect the Graffin, then quieting the Graffin's confusing voice is a wise thing. Otto and Hophtrig we can ignore. Codine is less vociferous also.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

I hope you washed your hands before this hug, Hophtrig.

--------------------
Truth

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

They're clean now, Ios. Here, look at Hophtrig's hands, they're clean now.

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just over twelve hours to go until voting closes. We have two votes in, one for Hophtrig and one for the Grafinn. Four votes needed to evict.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
Originally posted by Autenrieth Road:
John and Zapaterietxe, if we three agree to vote for someone already voted for then we can guarantee a lynching. I think that's what we need, and then another lynching next turn, and hope that the 5/6 probability comes through for us.

That's mainly why I haven't voted yet. I wanted to see what you two are going to do. I don't want to consign you to a vote you don't really want to take just so we can lynch someone.

I'm planning to vote for the Grafinn unless you or Zapa changes my mind.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Are we sure this isn't a case of a Possessed Hophtrig yet again finding a Being to look more Naughty than Hophtrig?

Mostly though, I don't particularly have any preference right now. I'm completely lost in complexity. Throw the dice and see what turns up.

Eliabulon, I hope you can show up and defend yourself. You're running out of time.

--------------------
Truth

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
Are we sure this isn't a case of a Possessed Hophtrig yet again finding a Being to look more Naughty than Hophtrig?

No, we're not sure.

I could waffle between the three for days more. I can find reasons within myself to vote for any of them. The reason I picked Eliabulon is that I think if she's guilty, she's the most dangerous, and if she's innocent, she's not going to be as much help as she was previously (because we're running out of suspects). I can make the same argument for Hophtrig, though. If he's guilty then he's managing to divert our attention away from him and that's bad, but if he's innocent we don't have a lot of other options and Hoppy isn't as deeply analytical as you or Zapa.

So that's why I've waited; I was hoping Zapaterietxe could shine a bit of light on his line of thinking. I find it extremely odd that he's been silent this long.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

Time grows short and a decision needs to be made.

I suspect the Grafinn.

I suspect Hophtrig.

I suspect Otto.

I could easily vote for any of them. Since we're getting down to the wire, I've got to make a decision and hope for the best. I've seen no defense from the Grafinn (due to RealLyfe, I believe). I don't quite know why, but I choose to allow her space to defend herself. There is always tomorrow.

Otto ticked me off just a bit, but I don't feel like voting for him today. There are no votes thus far, and I believe it would split us too far to do any good. There is always tomorrow.

Hophtrig has a lot going for him, and a lot going against him. He's the fuzziest fuzzy bunny I've seen in a long time. If he's innocent we're going to feel like we've drowned a kitten. If he's guilty we're probably going to be surprised, even though some of us have been suspecting it for a while. But I think that, by the power of elimination, he's our candidate.

I vote for Hophtrig.

There now. There's still room to lynch the Grafinn if you want; it will take Ios, Zapa, and Codine voting for her. So you vote the way you feel you can and we'll hope for the best!

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

John, Hophtrig has two words of warning, meow glug.
Ios, Zapaterietxe, Codine, do you really want The Graffin to have the opportunity to twist you 'round Eliabulon's little finger? Think carefully.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
Originally posted by Alban:
John, Hophtrig has two words of warning, meow glug.

Your Jedi mind tricks do not worka on me!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barefoot Friar:
So that's why I've waited; I was hoping Zapaterietxe could shine a bit of light on his line of thinking. I find it extremely odd that he's been silent this long.

So do I. When your past strategies don't work, you try a new one—and if you're beyond suspicion, you can even get away with trying silence, just to see what happens if you don't influence the proceedings.

So here's what I have to think: I don't think Grafinnchasing is necessarily a productive strategy, even now. If she's guilty, she's playing a really devious game, and we won't find her until the end. It's situations like these that make me wish we still had our detectives with us—if we could clear one person, just one, we could solve all sorts of messes right now.

Why would the Possessed keep her alive if she was innocent? Easy; if you've nominated both their members, it's helpful to have somebody else to point to, somebody who always looks perennially suspicious. If you need a hand-wave or distraction, someone to take away one or two crucial votes, it just might work.

Of course, the arguments for them wanting to keep her alive if she was Possessed seem a bit more obvious, but…

For whatever reason, she's not ringing my alarm bells. What does this mean? Who knows.

However, listening to everything from today, both Otto and Hophtrig are, and it's hard to decide between the two. Hophtrig seems to be making the Fluffybunny defense try to stick, at least once he made an effort to speak my language; however, Otto is doing about the same, and engaging in Grafinnblamery. Oh, and there's that little matter of Ja'ayem protecting either him or Choey, and we've found out it wasn't Choey. Maybe an emphasis on the Fluffybunny defense is the (re)adjustment they decided to stick with after interrogation and pointing out flaws got Reppik debussed—bunny with an axe obviously wasn't going to work for them—so they resort to emotional manipulation and heartstring tugging.

Okay, I think they're both probably guilty, but, since I have to pick one, I'll go with the one that looks worse: Otto

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Hophtrig

Dimthing to Codine and Eliabulon, come in Codine and Eliabulon. Lucky you, both of you, you control the outcome of our vote.

--------------------
Truth

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Well, I can't vote for Otto because we don't have votes to convict him. I can't vote for Eliabulon because we don't have the votes to convict him either. So I will vote for Hophtrig!

[ 11. April 2014, 16:38: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
...[A]nd if you're beyond suspicion, you can even get away with trying silence, just to see what happens if you don't influence the proceedings.

Why is it you always go silent when we start talking about the Grafinn? This happened on Day Three, too. Is it coincidence, or is there a reason?

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

So far:

Otto: Hophtrig
Hophtrig: Eliabulon
John: Hophtrig
Zapaterietxe: Otto
Ios: Hophtrig
Codine: Hophtrig

Still to vote: Eliabulon

At least now we will have certainty about one more Being on this bus. And actually two Beings (Hophtrig and Ja'ayem), because we will know if Ja'ayem was First Partridge or Second Partridge.

Hophtrig, one more hand of hearts with Otto and me? Or would you like your stack of waffles now? It has been an excellent bus ride with you. The HHH will feel awfully empty with just me and Otto.

--------------------
Truth

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

Hophtrig would love another hand of hearts with his good friends.
If Hophtrig does not make it:
  • Ios - this structure with its somewhat domelike shape can be called Ios' igloo if Hophtrig is no longer with you. As keeper of the HideyHole/Igloo, it is your responsibility to see that all on board have a fun place to play, a quiet place to think but most of all, a place to just be friends.
  • John - This is the button that Hophtrig and Lovely Lesley pressed that started a fire which threatened to kill us all. This button is the prize for the next person who nominates a naughty who is subsequently lynched. It will not be handed out today. I give to John the solemn task of awarding this to the nominator who next sees a naughty lynched.
  • Otto and Squeezy - This screwdriver is very useful, Hophtrig has been using it to repurpose parts of this bus for the entertainment of the friends. All going well, a second prize will be needed, use this screwdriver to make a second naughtynominator prize. If Hophtrig leaves, there's still some bits of bus to take apart, Otto and Squeezy could work together on this well. Might Hophtrig suggest you try the windows, if you pop the rubber gaskets and remove the anchor screws in the four corners, they will come out, etched glass always looks nice as an award.
  • Zapaterietxe - If Hophtrig is going, Hophtrig will hand you the remote control to the bionic kangaroo which Hophtrig built. With this, comes the position of memorykeeper. You, Zapaterietxe, will be responsible for keeping alive the memory of the fallen. Reppik Tew and Ja'ayem, who were taken over by the naughtiness that crept aboard. The memory of Crimson and Lucy, whose cleverness saw them brutally murdered. Of Joostein, who was overtaken by Eblootia day, and in his madness, left. Of Daisy, stolen from us when we barely knew our friend. Of lovely Lesley's heroic sacrifice. And if he is gone, of Hophtrig. Yours is the responsibility for keeping these memories.
  • Codine - If Hophtrig is leaving, Hophtrig will hand you this special intergalactic dictionary, Hophtrig carries this everywhere. Codine will notice that every slightly naughty word has been blacked out. Codine's are to be the words of love, encouragement and friendship. Hophtrig gives you a reminder that all aboard this bus are your friends, though the naughtiness has overtaken two of them. Amongst the accusations that will fly, Hophtrig asks you to be a voice of love.
  • The Graffin, Ekaterina Eliabulon - Ekaterina will be the designated demonstrative. Hophtrig gives you, Eliabulon this hug, pass it on to all who might need one. If Hophtrig goes, there will be a few needed tonight, indeed, and The Graffin will be here to provide.
But now the cards are waiting. Deal on, Ios.

[ 11. April 2014, 19:07: Message edited by: Alban ]

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With four votes Hophtrig has been evicted. He was innocent.
The lights go out. Night actions please. Have a nice day.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Zapaterietxe, where's that mustard pot? Otto, do you see it anywhere here in the HHH (it would be too sad to call it the II and forget Hophtrig who was always a good friend even when Ios stabbed him in the back with a nomination)? It's time for me to eat my psychic hat.

On the other hand, I have a suspicion of where to find some partridge eggs. And they're not in the place with the big neon sign that says "Don't look here! /s/ Ja'ayem S.P." And now we know what S.P. stands for, despite Eliabulon's strange and unaccountably naive reaction to Ios' parable of Second Partridge.

--------------------
Truth

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Twenty-seven pages of posts on the wall;
Twenty-seven pages of posts.
If one of those posts should happen to be read,
One thousand three hundred forty-nine posts left to re-read.

I'm going hunting. I've repurposed my back-stabbing dagger. It has a new inscription: "In memory of Joostein."

--------------------
Truth

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

This is supremely irritating.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

Unless you're a bad one Ios, Otto says it is Grafinn and Codine. Oh my! How did it get this far. But that's who it has to be!

Hophtrig, thanks for the screwdriver. On Planet 11 it is a drink with fruit juice and intoxicating fluid. Odd that it is a tool for you. Otto is crying magenta tears and remembering our nice times together. He also thinks the bus is doomed because everyone is voting for the wrong people and killing off the Good Ones. The clues are so difficult to read. Otto says that if they kill him next, he thinks the game is probably lost for the Innocents. Otto raises his glass to Hoppy. See you on the other side my friend.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

I want to lynch Eliabulon next. Pretty please with sugar on top! Ve vould feel foolish of ve didn't.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

Ios, I fear we must also consider Zapaterietxe. I find it supremely odd that he steadfastly refuses to consider Eliabulon. I also find it odd that he disappears whenever she is a suspect. It pains me, because I have seen far more evidence for innocence than guilt. Maybe I'll be satisfied with his answer and we won't have to go there. I shudder at the thought.

My three (in order) are Eliabulon, Codine, and Zapaterietxe.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

quote:
On the other hand, I have a suspicion of where to find some partridge eggs. And they're not in the place with the big neon sign that says "Don't look here! /s/ Ja'ayem S.P." And now we know what S.P. stands for, despite Eliabulon's strange and unaccountably naive reaction to Ios' parable of Second Partridge.

I hate to be obtuse, but can you post a link? I don't think I see what you're talking about.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

This margin is too small to hold the proo--

(Scuffling as Ios suppresses fictitious A., who is channeling Fermat.)

Ios here, ignore that fictitious friend behind the screen. What I meant to say is, I'm posting through my phone which makes it difficult to find things, but after this glorified game of rounders that A. is pretending to have dragged me to, I can fire up my computer and hunt for Ios' Touching Parable Of The Two Partridges.

--------------------
Truth

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

John The Less, if there is an undeclared Innocent Unreadable who has been letting Zapaterietxe pose as Innocent By Role Claim all this time, I am going to track that Being down and wrestle it out the airlock myself.

Which is to say, this game has been crazy, but an undeclared Innocent Unreadable after so many turns is just beyond the pale ridiculous. Having said that, who knows, I may need another hat and more mustard. But I think we have much more likely places to hunt for the next several turns. (Eliabulon, Codine, and Otto, I'm looking at you.)

[ 12. April 2014, 01:36: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  32  33  34 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016