homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: SOF RPG: Story for Prince Testwe's Peregrination (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: SOF RPG: Story for Prince Testwe's Peregrination
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stone gestured to a broken lute and raised his eyebrows to Prince Testwe, an imperious nod, Stone took the lute to repair (snaffling the slim volume underneath it at the same time.)

He headed out of the crypt, and sat on the ward stone by the horses, to take a good look at the lute and think about what he'd need for a repair.

Stone is jolted out of deep thought by the arrival of Brandon and his compass. "Interesting device, if I just free this spindle here ..."

Stone hands the functioning compass to Brandon.

[ 22. May 2014, 19:08: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Thanks, man. I am really having trouble with my pants, so I'm gonna go to the saddle bags over there and get a ro--"

Brandon finds himself standing with his nose two feet away from a horses left flank.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Clawdine stands in the shadows while the Prince doles out his new found largesse. At the bottom of the chest a bulky object is wrapped in grubby muslin. Testwe uses the point of his dagger to flick open the rags and then gestures to Hestor to pick it up.

Hestor grabs the end of it between his finger and thumb and holds the battered pewter ladle distastefully aloft.

The Prince gestures dismissively. "Throw it out, Hestor. Unless the gypsy woman wants it. Isn't it strange what some people think important to keep?"

Hestor turns and walks towards Clawdine before dropping the ladle at her feet. "Trash for trash" he hisses. But as his fingers open to let the handle go, their eyes meet.

Clawdine looks amused, and bends to pick it up. There is a strange connection to the ladle they have both touched.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Brandon gulps. He stares at the compass in his hand for a moment-- come to think of it, it has a strange, quite pretty crystal-- and considers the fact that Prince Testy gave it to him because he thought it was useless. He quickly pockets the compass, then gets the extra rope and cuts off a bit to tie up his breeches. He walks slowly back toward Stone.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
By the time our dozen companions have left the crypt and gathered outside, it is just past noon - the third day has begun.

They have learned much about each other, and their future is full of possibilities. Perhaps the Gods look down with interest to see what use they will make of the vampire's strange hoard, perhap they are angry, perhaps they laugh, perhaps they roll dice ...

But these are tales for another time my listeners, and we shall leave our twelve as they stand in the graveyard - grateful to be alive and whole after their encounter with the blasphemies beneath the church.

[ 23. May 2014, 07:08: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Clawdine trailed the rest of the party up the crypt stairs. In a crack in the stairwall something caught her attention. She reached up and touched the dusty stone. She could feel the precious node beneath her fingertips. Clawdine closed her eyes and channelled all her desire into calling new life into the stunted dicotyledon. Sweet water dripped out of the stone above it, and the leaves grew and unfurled faster than thought. The vine travelled quickly, with new tendrils springing into maturity all along its length - covering the coffins, winding around pillars, filling the crypt and folllowing Clawdine up the stairs and out into the sunshine.

The remainder of the prince's party watched as the church disappeared beneath the greenery, and buds all over it popped open into scented white trumpet flowers.

"The Devil's Bane" breathed Gunriana.
"Angel's Trump", nodded Clawdine.

"Good riddance." said Prince Testwe. "Let's be on our way."
The prince's retinue fell in behind his horse, and the peregrination of Prince Testwe continued.

[ 23. May 2014, 08:02: Message edited by: Banner Lady ]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016