homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: 2012 Celebrity Death Pool (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: 2012 Celebrity Death Pool
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
She may have been a Desperate Housewife, but for some of us she will always be Mrs. Landingham. Kathryn Joosten has joined the theater in heaven.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Richard Dawson is dead [Waterworks]

When I was a teen, I loved Hogan's Heroes and Peter Newkirk was one of my favourite characters.

What a delightful first name his character had! [Biased]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Alert! Alert! Prince Philip has been admitted to hospital with a bladder infection.

If he dies before the 10 June, that's 10 points for a lot of us, but on 10 June, it will only be 9!

Actually I have a lot of respect for the old boy for putting up with Brenda for nearly 65 years and for walking behind her for 60 of those years.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

The press release is here.

--------------------

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One hopes it was just a rather clever ruse to get out of going to that damned concert tonight...

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An Internet meme will survive its inspiration.

Eduard Khil, AKA Mr. Trololo, dies.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Niteowl2:
She may have been a Desperate Housewife, but for some of us she will always be Mrs. Landingham. Kathryn Joosten has joined the theater in heaven.

For me she was a memorable Old Lady God in Joan Of Arcadia.

RIP.

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ray Bradbury has died.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I see there are points to Gwai for Ray Bradbury.

Any chance of a scorecard update yet, Mister Friend?

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Give him a chance, he's only imaginary!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Poor man, he's going to have to entirely redo the leaderboard after BomberBoy's death - no fewer than ten of us had him on our lists.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bob Welch, one-time member of Fleetwood Mac decided to end his pain.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You'll all be pleased to know that I've finally gotten round to updating the scorecare. Here is the link again.

I would really appreciate it if you could look it over and make sure that I haven't made any mistakes. Please feel free to point anything out (missed points, arithmetical errors, spellink, formatting, or anything else) either on the thread or via PM.

Thanks. And sorry again for my tardiness.

iF

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Imaginary Friend:
I would really appreciate it if you could look it over and make sure that I haven't made any mistakes.

Let me see.... Hedgehog, zero points. Yes, that seems to be right...

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Imaginary Friend:
You'll all be pleased to know that I've finally gotten round to updating the scorecare. Here is the link again.

I would really appreciate it if you could look it over and make sure that I haven't made any mistakes. Please feel free to point anything out (missed points, arithmetical errors, spellink, formatting, or anything else) either on the thread or via PM.

Thanks. And sorry again for my tardiness.

iF

A minor thing, but I correctly predicted Ray Bradbury's death.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ummm... My version of the list has you with those 9 points for 76 total. It's possible that your browser has cached the page, or something, so can you hit 'reload' and make sure it isn't that? If it doesn't work then I'll check things at my end.

--------------------
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My bad! I refreshed it four times.No change. On the fifth, many changes appeared. Thank you, iF!

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

That's really bizarre!

--------------------
Brian Clough

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nobody has Teofilo Stevenson but my, was he a great boxer. It was a shame we only got to see him every four years.

With a bit of preparation I'm sure the Cuban would have ruled the roost for a long time. He was quick and punched hard and often, with both hands, not unlike another Olympic champion of a decade or so earlier.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<Rubs hands...>

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Actress Ann Rutherford is Gone with the Wind.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

I believe I just scored some points! Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud has been reported as having died.

The BBC seems to be a little vague as to his age (I think they said 77 or 78). IF, to be fair, let's assume he is the older of the two ages. I'd hate to cheat an extra point out of the game...

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog:
to be fair, let's assume he is the older of the two ages. I'd hate to cheat an extra point out of the game...

At this point, I'd be glad to cheat a single point out of this game this year. Or even get one legally.

Ah well.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

Update done.

--------------------
Brian Clough

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rodney King has gone to a place where we can all just get along.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Brian Hibbard of the Flying Pickets

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Close, but no cigar. Meanwhile Mubarak seems to be inching closer to his personal Judgement Day.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Caroline John, who played Doctor Who assistant Liz Shaw, actually died on 5th June but her death has only just been made public

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Clive James is near the end, I don't know if anyone has him.

A sad loss he will be - very clever and witty person.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:

Oh dear, yes I have him. How sad.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to double post, but according to today's Independent he's not dead yet and "in reasonable shape".

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I must admit, having heard the interview with Clive James being trailed, I thought he sounded as if he'd probably be a candidate for next year's list, in the hope of granting him immunity

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

A decent poet as well.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In the interests of thread clarity, it would be best to only post when someone has actually died.
Thanks for your assistance in this,
Chorister, Host

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nora Ephron, writer of screenplays and director, has died at 71. That seems too young nowadays.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Yitzhak Shamir is praising God in the highest heaven.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Joan Dunlop, advocate of women's rights has died.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A sad day in Mayberry.

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by BessHiggs:
A sad day in Mayberry.

[Tear]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Eric Sykes has gone

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

He was a genius. One of the greats.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
He was a genius. One of the greats.

Greater than many realise. Spike Milligan gets all the credit for the Goons, and he certainly invented them, but many scripts were written by Milligan and Sykes while others by Sykes alone, while Milligan couldn't work. We'll probably never know the precise numbers unless Norma Farnes (their manager) spills the beans in an autobiography.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He was indeed one of the greats. May he rest in peace.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Grrr. He was a regular on my list until last year.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TB, do you mean that your omission killed him? [Eek!]

Next year, how do you feel about leaving off Robert Mugabe?

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:

Maybe we can start another list of people we're leaving off our lists with points awarded for deaths of those on that list.
[Snigger]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:

Oh dear, I really hope not! [Ultra confused]
And I've left off Robert Mugabe every year but it hasn't worked.
Worried now! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ernest Borgnine has just sailed the PT-73 to other shores.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ernest Borgnine for 5 points.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

Um, just to clarify, are you claiming those points? Because it seems to me that nobody has that name on any list. Or perhaps I'm being dense. [Confused]

--------------------
Brian Clough

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016