homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: 2012 Celebrity Death Pool (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: 2012 Celebrity Death Pool
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sun Myung Moon, Founder of the Moonies, otherwise known as the Unification Church, has died.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Michael Clarke Duncan , from the Green Mile and other shows has passed away two months after a big heart attack.

One of my favourite faces and actors. The man knew how to smile.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, man. [Frown]

And I had been enjoying his recent work so much in The Finder.

[Votive]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
Oh, man. [Frown]

And I had been enjoying his recent work so much in The Finder.

[Votive]

Yes, a great show much loved by Mrs. Og and the Oglet.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Joe South, who probably holds the record for most cliches used in a single song ( "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden") has gone to his reward. Whatever that may be.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Timothy the Obscure:
Joe South, who probably holds the record for most cliches used in a single song ( "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden") has gone to his reward. Whatever that may be.

I think "Games People Play" was a far better song of his. So he'll soon be "covered up with flowers, in the back of a black limousine, wo-ah"

RIP

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't think he is on any one's list but, Terry Nutkins has died.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There has been a lull in celebrity deaths of late! But the streak is over. Singer Andy Williams has died.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My mum was a big fan so will be there to meet him at the Pearly Gates.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Herbert Lom has died, peacefully, at 95. Just as well he was acting in the Pink Panther films. He would have succumbed to stress years ago had he really been Clouseau's boss.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You beat me to it, SS. I wonder if he'll continue chasing Clouseau in Heaven?

RIP [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Arthur Ochs "Punch" Sulzberger, publisher and CEO of The New York Times, has filed his last copy.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ex Senator Arlen Spector is now trying to legislate heaven.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And Alex Karras has answered his last candygram for Mongo.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
RIP Alex.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sylvia Kristel is no more.

Worryingly, I can't think of a single (in)appropriate remark to mark at this point.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

Former Presidential candidate George McGovern will not be present for the election in a couple of weeks. I was still in school, but I remember the Viet Nam war was the hot issue for that election.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
George McGovern was the first person for whom I voted for President. That was true for a lot of people around my age -- 1972 was the first year that 18-year-olds could vote, so there was a large group of new voters that election-- and most in that age group voted for George. Not that it did much good. [Frown]

I was thrilled to be able to hear George speak (and to meet him afterwards) four or five years ago.

[Votive]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My first too. I'm somewhat embarrassed that I seriously considered voting for Eldridge Cleaver instead--but at least I saw reason at the last minute. As he said, "I will go to my grave believing that America would be better off if I had won instead of Richard Nixon." He was right.
[Votive]

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scarlet:
2012:

1. George McGovern

Well, my first for the year...

[Votive]

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Letitia Baldrige will be making sure that the heavenly hosts will be using the correct forks.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Clive Dunn has died aged 92.

Lance Corporal Jones may be no more, but they still don't like it up them.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
Clive Dunn has died aged 92.

Lance Corporal Jones may be no more, but they still don't like it up them.

AG

This is a sad loss. He was a great character. But 92 is a good age.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kaytee
Shipmate
# 3482

- Posted      Profile for kaytee   Email kaytee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I first knew him from the children's TV show Grandad. 8 points [Frown]

--------------------
'Lying is a vital survival skill – and a terrible habit.' ~ The Doctor

Posts: 152 | From: Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Clive Dunn's sad departure gets me 8 points too.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to hear about Clive Dunn; one always forgot that although he played one of the oldest members of the Walmington-on-Sea platoon, he was actually one of the younger actors.

Does that leave anyone except Pike and the ARP warden?

RIP - and don't panic!

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:

Yes, Frank Williams, who played the vicar, has been interviewed on TV and radio this morning. He says he's still available for work - I'm assuming he means as an actor, not as a vicar!

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

And Pamela Cundell who played Mrs Fox, Jonesy's significant other.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bill Tarmey [Jack Duckworth from Corrie] has died.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
At the ripe old age of 103, avant-garde champion of atonal music Elliott Carter is hearing the celestial harmonies at last (some might add, it's about time!).

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm not playing, but I thought I might express a certain 'end of an era' feeling as a result of the death at 86 of Sir Rex Hunt, former Governor of the Falkland Islands. He did his bit to keep that little bit of the map pink by facing the Argentinian invasion in full dress uniform, complete with a chicken on his head. Proud days.

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Frinds of ours who spent some time in the Falklands have paid tribute to Sir Rex Hunt on Facebook - before they went, he invited them and their two young children to his home in Berkshire and was very friendly, gracious and helpful.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

- Posted      Profile for kankucho   Author's homepage   Email kankucho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:

And Pamela Cundell who played Mrs Fox, Jonesy's significant other.
Shame on you good Christian folk forgetting the Reverend Timothy Farthing! Actor and former lay Synod member Frank Williams is still with us, and indeed delivered the TV-news eulogy to Clive Dunn the other day.

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" – Dr. Carl Sagan
Kankucho Bird Blues

Posts: 1262 | From: Kuon-ganjo, E17 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

- Posted      Profile for kankucho   Author's homepage   Email kankucho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Erk! I overlooked East Price Road's post there.
(Stupid boy! [Hot and Hormonal] )

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" – Dr. Carl Sagan
Kankucho Bird Blues

Posts: 1262 | From: Kuon-ganjo, E17 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Bernard Lansky, clothier to Elvis Presley and other entertainment figures, has left the building.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
Bernard Lansky, clothier to Elvis Presley and other entertainment figures, has left the building.

Will there be an auction of his stock of sequins?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Birger Stromsheim has died aged 101 (good job no-one had him, then).

As one of the real-life "Heroes of Telemark", he helped prevent the Nazis from developing their own nuclear bomb. Not bad to have on the CV.

AG

*bit duff to have a film clip not his photo - see
here for the real thing.

[ 17. November 2012, 20:02: Message edited by: Sandemaniac ]

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

JR is no more.

RIP Larry Hagman.

--------------------

kaytee
Shipmate
# 3482

- Posted      Profile for kaytee   Email kaytee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
JR is no more.

RIP Larry Hagman.

I had forgotten that he was on my list.

--------------------
'Lying is a vital survival skill – and a terrible habit.' ~ The Doctor

Posts: 152 | From: Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Most likely not on anyone's list but worth noting anyway: Dann Cahn, lead editor of the I Love Lucy TV series, The Beverly Hillbillies and others, has some 'splainin' to do before the Throne of Judgment.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bal Thackeray, that racist old git is dead! [Yipee]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dave Brubeck - legendary Jazz musician, most famous for "take five" - has sadly died.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think I'll listen to Brubeck iright now. [Frown] RIP.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sad, but at 91 he got to play the full length of the keyboard.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
Dave Brubeck - legendary Jazz musician, most famous for "take five" - has sadly died.

I have him on my list [Frown]
9 points ~

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Bal Thackeray, that racist old git is dead! [Yipee]

Thanks for the reminder, Pete - I claim my 14 points and hope he finds Moksha though he may well be reborn as a rather unpleasant virus.

--------------------

Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by kaytee:
quote:
JR is no more.

RIP Larry Hagman.

I had forgotten that he was on my list.
It was all a dream...

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Patrick Moore is having a closer look at the stars. The Sky at Night was a remarkable programme - it didn't dumb down but it was still understandable to the viewer. And the enthusiasm of Patrick and his guests (including Brian May on several occasions) always shone through.

[ 09. December 2012, 12:14: Message edited by: The Rogue ]

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

He was one of the great scientists for my generation. A sad loss (although he did have a good long life) of someone who never patronised his listeners, but treated his subject brilliantly.

The newer generation of scientific personalities, good as they are, do not match up.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016