homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: 2010 SoF Celebrity Death Pool (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: 2010 SoF Celebrity Death Pool
Queen Mousie
Shipmate
# 9925

- Posted      Profile for Queen Mousie   Email Queen Mousie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dame Joan Sutherland "La Stupenda" at the age of 83. [Waterworks] What a grand lady ! What a voice ! She and Pavarotti are now singing opera productions in heaven together.
[Votive]

--------------------
Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 167 | From: On a clear day you can see L.A. L.A. Land | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Queen Mousie:
Dame Joan Sutherland "La Stupenda" at the age of 83. [Waterworks] What a grand lady ! What a voice ! She and Pavarotti are now singing opera productions in heaven together.
[Votive]

[Waterworks]

Yes, what a voice she had, and what a stage presence - I have just spent a happy hour listening to Jessye Norman, a similarly wonderful voice.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Claire Rayner has died aged 79 - a few years ago she opened a conference for us on getting the safer sex message through to young people - she was surprisingly nervous beforehand but spoke wonderfully - she was a completely charming woman all day.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Claire Rayner has died aged 79 - a few years ago she opened a conference for us on getting the safer sex message through to young people - she was surprisingly nervous beforehand but spoke wonderfully - she was a completely charming woman all day.

May she rest in peace. I also met her and found her very down to earth and easy to chat to.
She had also responded to a letter I sent her with calm and sympathetic practicality.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Simon McCorkindale's death has been announced.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:

42 points for Gwai and Cottontail.
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Barbara Billingsley died Saturday. She was 94.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She may have been Mrs. Cleaver, but she had (in later years) the chutzpah to do this scene (which brought down the house, as I recall).

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Benoit Mandlebot has died. Most people may not have heard of him, but from a computing person, he was a genius.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. C, Tom Bosley has died. This seems to be a week of losing TV parents.
[Frown]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And we say goodbye to Mr C. There were some very nice things said about him today.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Graham Crowden no longer waiting for God

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Octopus Paul has died aged 2 and a half [Waterworks]

[ 26. October 2010, 15:55: Message edited by: fletcher christian ]

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fletcher christian:
Octopus Paul has died aged 2 and a half [Waterworks]

Umm. The rules say that you can't pick anyone under 18. I assume that there'd have to be a conversion from octopus years to human ones, but I don't know what the formula would be.

Fortunately, nobody picked Paul. [Big Grin]

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

A facebook friend has posted a link that regular readers here will like.

http://obit-mag.com is just what it sounds like. There's a weekly roundup of notable departures, and much more.

Here's one from the site that sends its subject off in style.

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please do not use this thread to report the death of animals, only humans.

Chorister, Host

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Even celebrity ones?

--------------------
Staretz Silouan

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You will remember that the point of this thread is to report well-known people who die during 2010 as these are likely to be of interest to people playing the Celebrity Death Pool game. The OP clearly states that 13 well-known people have to be chosen, so even Shergar doesn't count.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Jill Clayburgh has died of leukemia at age 66.

--------------------

fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

Henryk Gorecki has died.
[Votive]

--------------------
Staretz Silouan

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fletcher christian:
Henryk Gorecki has died.
[Votive]

Oh my. One of my fondest wishes before I die is to be in a chorus that sings his Miserere.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The queen of Hammer Horror films, Ingrid Pitt has died.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

Well that's Bernard Matthews stuffed....

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Well that's Bernard Matthews stuffed....

... on Thanksgiving day.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

kentishmaid
Shipmate
# 4767

- Posted      Profile for kentishmaid   Author's homepage   Email kentishmaid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May he rest in peas and rise in gravy.
Posts: 2063 | From: Huddersfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
RIP Leslie Nielsen who has died aged 84. I felt sure there were more who had him on their list, but I can only spot Yam-uk - well done.

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nunzia

Shipmate
# 4766

- Posted      Profile for Nunzia   Email Nunzia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Surely, he will be greatly missed.

--------------------
----- ---------. ---- - ---- ----.

Posts: 1903 | From: Crazy-glued to the ledge | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes he will. And don't call him Shirley.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Elizabeth Edwards has passed away at age 61.
Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I must say I'm a strangely relieved that she was not on my list this year. She was on my list last year, but must have been replaced by my wagers on the aging Star Trek cast.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ebeth

Shipmate
# 4474

- Posted      Profile for ebeth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where is the scoreboard link? Morbid, I know.

--------------------
"To eat bread without hope is still, slowly to starve to death." --Pearl S. Buck

Posts: 1486 | From: Here | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here.

Elizabeth Edwards had class. Too bad about her taste in men, but that's an old story.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I get *one* hit, and end up on the leaderboard? This doesn't feel right [Biased] . I was just hoping to not get skunked.

And, more or less what Timothy said. Elizabeth Edwards was a smart and brave woman and deserved a better husband. May light perpetual shine upon her.

Charlotte

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amazing Grace:
I get *one* hit, and end up on the leaderboard? This doesn't feel right [Biased] . I was just hoping to not get skunked.

Charlotte

I think the Death Pool has been a blessing for celebrity longevity this year- knock wood. Lots of entrants have no deaths, some have one death, and less than a handful have two deaths. People on our lists are a pretty healthy lot this year.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anybody started a thread for 2011? Time is tight.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Has anybody started a thread for 2011? Time is tight.

It's on my to-do list for this morning.

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Japes:
Norman Wisdom has died, aged 95.

I have just looked at my 2010 list and had forgotten I had put Norman Wisdom on. I was thinking I might get to the end of the year with no points!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:

I completely missed this until preparing my list for next year. RIP Manimal.
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uriel
Shipmate
# 2248

- Posted      Profile for Uriel   Email Uriel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With great sadness I can report that Dale Roberts, goalkeeper with the superb non-league football team Rushden and Diamonds, has died aged 24. The Nene Park faithful will miss him.
Posts: 687 | From: Somerset, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blake Edwards has gone to Hollywood Valhalla.

"Breakfast at Tiffany's", "Victor, Victoria" and many more were favorites of mine.

Condolences to his wife and loved ones.

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iGeek:
... and many more were favorites of mine ...

My favourites were in the "many more" category - the Pink Panther films. RIP.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Captain Beefheart has died aged 69.

Time to drag out Trout Mask Replica and booglarise you baby, methinks.

AG

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
Captain Beefheart has died aged 69.

Time to drag out Trout Mask Replica and booglarise you baby, methinks.

AG

Described as "one of the most original recording artists of his time", which is a bit of an understatement. What do you expect from a musician who, by his own admission, couldn't play keyboards! Composition was always likely to be novel.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Autumn's Child - a rare and beautiful ballad from the Cap'n. RIP

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Brian Hanrahan has been counted back in.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did anyone have BBC News presenter / reporter Brian Hanrahan?

(spellllling)

[ 20. December 2010, 09:08: Message edited by: Wet Kipper ]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Italy's 1982 World Cup winning coach Enzo Bearzot has died.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

US actor Steve Landesberg has died.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Elisabeth Beresford has died - the Wombles will be devastated.

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So who won then?

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016