homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Merlin the Mad: anti-American & anti-Christian piece of dogshit (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Merlin the Mad: anti-American & anti-Christian piece of dogshit
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't bear to post on max's latest thread without stuttering so I've come straight here where I can just fume and bit and hate him with equanimity.
Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Max? I thought he was banned some months ago. Is he back?

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypso:
quote:
Originally posted by ToujoursDan:
It wouldn't bother me so much if we acknowledged in a reasonable way the objection people raise or answer the obvious questions (Why black and gold and not UN blue and white?) but he doesn't.

He cowardly dodges all the inconvenient questions.

On the Islam or mosque threads, he also tended to disappear when the evidence against his "arguments" (read "paranoid fantasies") mounts to hip-deep.

He took the perfectly good statistics I posted and tried to twist them into a vast media conspiracy that, as far as I can tell, both sensationalizes GLBT people and proves they don't exist?

My head started hurting after the fourth loop-de-loop and I gave up trying to work through his arguments. He can spin on his own thumb down in DH for the rest of the week, I've got better things to do with my time.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:

No I'm just stupid and too incoherent to write 'Merlin'. some kind of Freudian slip...
ToujoursDan

Ship's prole
# 10578

- Posted      Profile for ToujoursDan   Email ToujoursDan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy:
quote:
quote:
It wouldn't bother me so much if we acknowledged in a reasonable way the objection people raise or answer the obvious questions (Why black and gold and not UN blue and white?) but he doesn't.

He cowardly dodges all the inconvenient questions.

On the Islam or mosque threads, he also tended to disappear when the evidence against his "arguments" (read "paranoid fantasies") mounts to hip-deep.

He took the perfectly good statistics I posted and tried to twist them into a vast media conspiracy that, as far as I can tell, both sensationalizes GLBT people and proves they don't exist?

My head started hurting after the fourth loop-de-loop and I gave up trying to work through his arguments. He can spin on his own thumb down in DH for the rest of the week, I've got better things to do with my time.

I am almost finding his posts unreadable nowadays. There is no theme or structure. They just off on a bunch of nonsensical tangents. He's a wingnut extraordinare.

--------------------
"Many people say I embarrass them with my humility" - Archbishop Peter Akinola
Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/toujoursdan

Posts: 3734 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's EXACTLY what gets me hooked every time: Messy Mind Syndrome. There's something about chaotic thinking (or whatever MtM's doing that passes for same) that just compels me to try to get the disordered, scattered, disconnected, random bits and pieces into some sort of coherent order.

I am clearly not up to sorting this and should go find a task containing the possibility of closure. Laundry, maybe?

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:
quote:
Originally posted by leo:

No I'm just stupid and too incoherent to write 'Merlin'. some kind of Freudian slip...
YOU are NOT stupid. Merlin is crass. Maz is NOT crass.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Alas, I am reminded of this cartoon where Donald Duck encounters Glenn Beck but without the happy ending.

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yup. Glenn Beck and Donald Duck sharing a single brain cell.

[ 13. October 2010, 23:09: Message edited by: Apocalypso ]

--------------------

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear God. Why doesn't he just get tired and go away. Such twaddle.
Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

I can't answer that, but I do wonder, given that every thread of his gets met with reactions ranging from outrage to ridicule (resulting in a more-or-less permanent Hell thread), what his goal, or reward, is in posting on the Ship?

--------------------

Gurdur
Shipmate
# 857

- Posted      Profile for Gurdur   Author's homepage   Email Gurdur   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A very necessary fact of life one needs to know is that some get pleasure out of making others angry, provoking a response.

There are others who provoke angry responses just to reassure themselves that the provoked party still loves them, but I doubt that fits here.

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I can't answer that, but I do wonder, given that every thread of his gets met with reactions ranging from outrage to ridicule (resulting in a more-or-less permanent Hell thread), what his goal, or reward, is in posting on the Ship?

Attention.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gurdur:
A very necessary fact of life one needs to know is that some get pleasure out of making others angry, provoking a response.

When that takes place on the internet, isn't it awfully close to the definition of a troll?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gurdur
Shipmate
# 857

- Posted      Profile for Gurdur   Author's homepage   Email Gurdur   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:

When that takes place on the internet, isn't it awfully close to the definition of a troll?
You should know.

This being Hell, and you surprisingly asking me my opinion, I can say what I'm thinking: you need to grow up and get over yourself. That goes for Merlin the Mad as well.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Excuse me, having just waded through Merlin's trainwreck of a thread in dead horses, I feel the need to vent some primal rage. Pardon me while I scream.

AAAAAARERRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

And hit my head a few times:

[brick wall] [brick wall] [brick wall]

Thank you. I feel better now.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Attention.
Also, a sense of martyrdom. I can't think of the exact citation at the moment but I know there's at least one New Testament passage that says how blessed you are if people persecute you for speaking the truth.

Terribly loaded passage, of course, because everyone is so ready to believe it applies to THEM.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To Gurdur:

I sincerely was trying to make what I saw were important points about the general nature of atheist-Christian discussion. Your responding "well *I* wouldn't do that so don't worry about it" was really rather beside the point. I wasn't referring to my discussion with you about discussion, so much as about the potential future discussions we were discussing.

Until your response to my second post, I had thought your posts on the ship had been very polite and to-the-point. It really didn't occur to me you would get all nasty like you did. Humorously, right after saying you wouldn't.

But your first response was responding to an issue I wasn't raising (how you personally would act), and didn't touch the issue I really was raising (how Christians and atheists would act in the type of discussion you were considering in the OP). As I said, I didn't have any concerns about how you would act (boy was I wrong!). Of course now that I've seen your own ability at scalding and scathing derision, it looks for all the world like you were talking bollocks before.

You are correct that the word "deceptive" was badly chosen, and I regret that. Indeed after I posted it my wife said "there could be other reasons for the discrepancy," and then I had to go run some errands and by the time I got back I had forgotten it. You could have pointed this out in a civilised fashion but chose not to. You have become another data point in the question, "If you scratch an atheist do you find scalding derision towards religious people?"

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
I am not interested. This thread/topic is my interest, and you already have my answers beforehand. Live with them.

That's strange. I thought he was interested in Christian-atheist discussion. Guess not as interested as he was making out -- at least not with a Christian that disagrees with him about something. That augurs well.

--------------------

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Back to Merlin: I'm with orfeo. There is a certain sort of Christianity which really gets hung up on
quote:
Matthew 5:11-12 (New International Version)

11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

An insightful minister I once heard preach described it as "people who see other people as an opportunity to demonstrate what wonderful Christians they are, rather than seeing the actual person".

I remember this because it suddenly made perfectly clear why a certain person who never did anything wrong - was very devout - gave everybody in our parish the creeps. Including most (if not all) of the equally devout.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liopleurodon

Mighty sea creature
# 4836

- Posted      Profile for Liopleurodon   Email Liopleurodon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
jlg: thanks. That's an articulation of something which has been going around in my head about someone who provokes a similar response. I couldn't quite work out what it was.

--------------------
Our God is an awesome God. Much better than that ridiculous God that Desert Bluffs has. - Welcome to Night Vale

Posts: 1921 | From: Lurking under the ship | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:
quote:

Attention.
Also, a sense of martyrdom. I can't think of the exact citation at the moment but I know there's at least one New Testament passage that says how blessed you are if people persecute you for speaking the truth.

Terribly loaded passage, of course, because everyone is so ready to believe it applies to THEM.

Such people would not recognize real persecution until they said "howdy" to the lions in the arena.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
An insightful minister I once heard preach described it as "people who see other people as an opportunity to demonstrate what wonderful Christians they are, rather than seeing the actual person".

I remember this because it suddenly made perfectly clear why a certain person who never did anything wrong - was very devout - gave everybody in our parish the creeps. Including most (if not all) of the equally devout.

YES!!! Except in my case, the person gave me the creeps but not most other people. I've had a hard time articulating just what the irritation was. Thank you!

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Posted by MerlintheHomophobicMadman

quote:
Being gay isn't; but giving into it through sexual activity is the same as any other fornication
May I just pop down here to say that this is utter and complete bollocking bollocks. [Mad]

Thank you.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He goes innanely on and on.

The sound you hear is of a throbbing headache.

ToujoursDan

Ship's prole
# 10578

- Posted      Profile for ToujoursDan   Email ToujoursDan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Isn't that what's it's all about? He'll just keep going, even contradicting himself, just to get the last post in, after he's worn everyone else out, to "win".

--------------------

Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
His posting style has kicked up a notch to a point which indicates to me that all is not well. Once someone gets to the stage where they're not really listening to others but trying to fit them into unpleasant stereotypes, so they can demonise their points of view, then there's really no point responding. I suggest leaving him alone. He will either get fed up or get dealt with by an admin eventually.

L.

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Or we could persuade him to move to Much Ado About Nothing and have a duel against himself. He's perfectly capable of taking both sides of an argument in order to win it, but it would be interesting to see if he can manage it without external cues.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
pjkirk
Shipmate
# 10997

- Posted      Profile for pjkirk   Email pjkirk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm coming to a theory that there's a certain partial pressure of crazy needed on the ship.

When Myrrh left a year or so ago, Dumpling Jeff started the nuttery quickly thereafter. Then he dissappeared (planked?), and Jamat had a few solid threads. Then Myrrh showed back up, and is gone again. Now it's Merlin filling the role.

There doesn't seem to be more than one person at a time really...but always is one.

--------------------
Dear God, I would like to file a bug report -- Randall Munroe (http://xkcd.com/258/)

Posts: 1177 | From: Swinging on a hammock, chatting with Bokonon | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

- Posted      Profile for Jamat   Author's homepage   Email Jamat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by pjkirk:
I'm coming to a theory that there's a certain partial pressure of crazy needed on the ship.

When Myrrh left a year or so ago, Dumpling Jeff started the nuttery quickly thereafter. Then he dissappeared (planked?), and Jamat had a few solid threads. Then Myrrh showed back up, and is gone again. Now it's Merlin filling the role.

There doesn't seem to be more than one person at a time really...but always is one.

Always flattered to be mentioned in illustrious company PJ. Would you care to elaborate?

--------------------
Jamat ..in utmost longditude, where Heaven
with Earth and ocean meets, the setting sun slowly descended, and with right aspect
Against the eastern gate of Paradise. (Milton Paradise Lost Bk iv)

Posts: 3228 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
pjkirk
Shipmate
# 10997

- Posted      Profile for pjkirk   Email pjkirk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jamat:
Always flattered to be mentioned in illustrious company PJ. Would you care to elaborate?

This should jog your memory:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000237

Contrary to my recollection though, you did not start the thread, and certainly weren't alone.

Posts: 1177 | From: Swinging on a hammock, chatting with Bokonon | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Merlin on his Liberalism thread in Purg
The entire world's climate toward democracy, civil rights (even individual ones as opposed to "collective" rights), invention, enterprise, PRODUCTIVITY, personal property, etc., all are caused by the existence of and the rise of the USofA. No other single nation in history has had a greater impact on these values than "we" have had.

[Ultra confused] [Killing me] sums up my reaction

I assume there is no point in asking for evidence to back any of this up.

I wonder if Merlin has heard of the Industrial Revolution? Or does he think that happened in the "USofA"?

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Disappointed] I love my country, but this kind of chest puffing is ridiculous. We don't have to be the first, the bestest, and mostest and biggest to be proud of our country. Yeah, we participated in the Industrial Revolution early in its development but not alone. Yes, we were very helpful to our Allies during the World wars. Yes, we helped get the post-WWII world to a better start with the Marshall Plan. But what makes me proudest is when we recognize a fault, admit it, and work to fix it. Things like racism have locked people out of participation in civic life, but the pain of the experience that people have endured have produced brilliant arts and strong people along with the broken. I love my country because we are free to speak and free to make life up as we go along. Sometimes I wish we looked just a bit more at the future.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

ToujoursDan

Ship's prole
# 10578

quote:
We don't have to be the first, the bestest, and mostest and biggest to be proud of our country.
As a Canadian in the U.S. this aspect of American culture gives me the creeps. It reminds me of [fasten your seatbelts, we're going Godwin] Nazi Germany. Why do Americans always have to be #1 at everything and better than anyone else? I've never lived anywhere were this was just an ingrained national trait.

Even here in New York while the healthcare debate was raging several Americans asked me to give the "insider" perspective on Canadian healthcare. I tried to be even-handed as I could, and give its strengths and weakness, but when I came to the conclusion that it does the most good for the greatest number of people and I think it should be implemented here, the reaction was that I was somehow anti-American or brainwashed, or something. Nothing that happens in Canada could possibly be as good as in the U.S. (the other, equally odd reaction is that Canada is a Shangri-la. It's all very black or white.)

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

- Posted      Profile for Jamat   Author's homepage   Email Jamat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

This should jog your memory:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000237

Contrary to my recollection though, you did not start the thread, and certainly weren't alone.

Sorry. Your point is?

--------------------
with Earth and ocean meets, the setting sun slowly descended, and with right aspect

pjkirk
Shipmate
# 10997

quote:
Your point is?

Found in my original post. I did screw up though - instead of partial pressure I meant vapor pressure.

--------------------
Dear God, I would like to file a bug report -- Randall Munroe (http://xkcd.com/258/)

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
quote:
Your point is?

Found in my original post. I did screw up though - instead of partial pressure I meant vapor pressure.
Really? You sure the vapour didn't just originate with you?

--------------------

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

quote:
As a Canadian in the U.S. this aspect of American culture gives me the creeps.

As a USAnian in the U.S. "American Exceptional-ism" gives me the creeps. It's even worse when wrapped in theocratic dominion-ism and the worst of flag-draped nationalistic impulses.

There's an underlying notion that because we're the USA, we shouldn't be subject to the same rules we expect everybody else to live by. I think that's a recipe for disaster. Recent events fortify that belief.

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:
quote:
Your point is?

You know, just because you share an avatar with SF doesn't mean you have to act like him.

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Your point is?

You know, just because you share an avatar with SF doesn't mean you have to act like him.
How does he act? It was my avatar first BTW but if it confuses anyone I'm happy to change it.

I'm a little annoyed by PJKirk ATM. There is a bit of back story from another thread and I also don't see why he shouldn't be called on why he feels free to denigrate shipmates who cannot or won't defend themselves right now.

--------------------

pjkirk
Shipmate
# 10997

quote:
I'm a little annoyed by PJKirk ATM. There is a bit of back story from another thread and I also don't see why he shouldn't be called on why he feels free to denigrate shipmates who cannot or won't defend themselves right now.

If they won't, I don't care. If they can't, and one at least can't, then yeah, perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned them specifically.

But be annoyed all you want. I can't be arsed to keep typing on this miniscule keyboard for tonight, so when I get home I might go into more depth. I think the lambasting you received on the other thread might be an indication of why I think you were filling the crazy void of the ship for a while.

--------------------

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Your point is?

Now, now, mousethief, try to be nice; you might need a friend someday, and I'm pretty certain that you don't have any others aboard The Ship.
[Snigger]

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Lame. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Faux:
Now, now, mousethief, try to be nice; you might need a friend someday, and I'm pretty certain that you don't have any others aboard The Ship.

Don't be projecting your own issues on MT, SF.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

And I was going to say I agreed with SF on Tortuf's train wreck. Graceless, SF, as usual.

--------------------

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mousie, you are the one who got all dressed up in your li'l red torodor outfit and waved a red flag in my face with the Avatar comment.
WTF were you expecting, a Hallmark Card?

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
quote:

If they won't, I don't care. If they can't, and one at least can't, then yeah, perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned them specifically.

But be annoyed all you want. I can't be arsed to keep typing on this miniscule keyboard for tonight, so when I get home I might go into more depth. I think the lambasting you received on the other thread might be an indication of why I think you were filling the crazy void of the ship for a while.

You weren't really part of that lambasting as I recall or did you crawl into the orchestra pit and ding the triangle?

And yes, you shouldn't have mentioned banned or suspended shipmates to denigrate them. It was an act of cowardice.

--------------------

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

To be honest, from where I'm standing it was less denigration than acknowledgement of a vital role... but worded to amuse - a backhanded compliment, if you will.

In any gathering, there are certain roles that have to be played out - it allows other people to free up other aspects. It's almost like ... how differently you would behave at a school reunion, to a professional gathering of peers. Or how differently one behaves in their parents home, to in their child's. If someone else is saying outrageous things, then I don't need to. But if no one is, maybe I need to get the ball rolling.

It's kind of Zen...

pjkirk
Shipmate
# 10997

quote:
You weren't really part of that lambasting as I recall or did you crawl into the orchestra pit and ding the triangle?

There were enough people making it clear your arguments were idiotic in that thread already - I didn't need to pitch in much.

quote:
It was an act of cowardice.
Cowardice? On the internet? Hah! I believe I have called all of them idiots or nuts or sick in the head while here. I certainly did not wait for their departure.

I like your Zen connection Taliesin. It is odd though, and the more I think about it the more reinforced it is. There seems to almost always be *only* one person. Perhaps it's just how threads/issues happen though. It's just odd to see the (what seems to me) huge change in people like Merlin...he's gone from odd guy who makes one post slightly re-worded in every thread he participates in, to the current version, and see a similar trend in various posters.

Who knows...maybe I'll be the next crazy one?

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
PJKirk:your arguments were idiotic
If you want to discuss that further I'm happy to do so on the Noah's Flood thread in DH.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016