homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Snarky mousethief- -maybe , but the world is too chickenshit to tell him so. (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Snarky mousethief- -maybe , but the world is too chickenshit to tell him so.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's a rather limited ambition. What do you do when you get there?

(Well, spin in a circle and piss on people, I suppose.)

[ 26. May 2013, 07:22: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Hell is about is being as piss-mean as you can be, or establishing yourself as King of Badass Hill

You say that like it's not a worthy aspiration. [sniffle]
You don't fool me. Experienced Shipmates still quake when you re-enter Hell. We know you have some purpose worthy of your aspirations to be a Terrible Judge.

Just a little too nice though, since leavened by Adminning. The evil persona may need a bit of work.

I remember the Big Bad RooK in Hell days. Used to stay out of your way for fear of being verbally eviscerated, hung out to dry, etc. Like just about anyone else with any sense ..

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, the pussy.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I actually was trying to be authentic with MT, rather than blowing smoke up his ass, like what was happening with the first page. The dialogue I made up actually had roots in exchanges I have had with him (at least how they seemed to me.) Some of them weren't funny at all. Some of them had me logging off in tears.

Please accept my apologies for those assholicities. Your willingness to continue to engage with me subsequent to same speaks volumes about your strength of character. I have definitely learned from you.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
I actually was trying to be authentic with MT, rather than blowing smoke up his ass, like what was happening with the first page. The dialogue I made up actually had roots in exchanges I have had with him (at least how they seemed to me.) Some of them weren't funny at all. Some of them had me logging off in tears.

Please accept my apologies for those assholicities. Your willingness to continue to engage with me subsequent to same speaks volumes about your strength of character. I have definitely learned from you.
Damn it, Mouse! I already said Kelly is a star. Now I would have to give you a [Overused] as well. Honestly, what's the world coming to?
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And in Hell no less. [Disappointed]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh come on, you lily-livered cretins. People apologize in Hell all the time. Get the fuck over it.

Edited to add:

TU QUOQUE! TU QUOQUE!

[ 26. May 2013, 14:26: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What matter to you, the colour of my liver?
(Wanders to mousethief's kitchen)
Careful the beans don't burn. Nice choice of wine, love the straw-covered bottles. What is the main course?

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
What is the main course?

Tonight it's baked pork chops with a rhubarb-cherry sauce. (pork, rhubarb and fresh cherries all from the farmers' market yesterday)

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Oh MT, there's no need to be that mean to Kelly [Disappointed]

She's said that she was trying to insult you and she failed. And now you talk about her strength of character and caringness in continuing to engage with you? You're just underlining how much she failed.

I mean, we all know she failed, but telling her is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. She needs encouragement in trying to be hellish, not thanking for her caring [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

The levels of reversed meaning are starting to give me a headache. Damn you, Sarkycow.

--------------------

Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Witness Sine on the other thread-- I told him once, like a year ago, that he'd thrown the word "Loser" into a couple posts in ways that struck me as odd --just that, just an observation-- and he remembers that as being "jumped on".

Actually "jumped on" was chosen to be ironical considering who I was talking about. However I do think this business of telling people how you really feel can be highly overrated and frequently leads to unfortunate boundary issues.

I say nod, smile, and keep moving.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Oh come on, you lily-livered cretins. People apologize in Hell all the time. Get the fuck over it.

Edited to add:

TU QUOQUE! TU QUOQUE!

[Big Grin]

I so did not fail.

--------------------

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Damn you, Sarkycow.

Let's see if I've got this right. When Sarky was a HellHost, that would have been a compliment, but now she isn't, it's a curse. Unless she becomes a HellHost again ...

Yes, that must be it.

But, on the other hand ....

Hmm. Maybe Sine has a point.

(Nods, smiles, moves on.)

[Translations available on request]

[ 26. May 2013, 20:08: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Actually "jumped on" was chosen to be ironical considering who I was talking about.

Oh. In that case, fuck you. [Smile]

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gurl, make up your mind.

--------------------

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:

Edited to add:

TU QUOQUE! TU QUOQUE!

[Big Grin]

I so did not fail.

You're welcome.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not sure if Mousethief is snarky, but I do find his latest trend of seeing logical fallacies everywhere (even where there aren't any) tiresome. Maybe he should start by looking up what Bulverism really means.

Just a hint:

- You claim that A is true.
- Because of B, you personally desire that A should be true.
- Therefore, I don't accept your claim that A is true.

is not Bulverism.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm puzzled why mousethief keeps making anal-obsessive criticisms of grammar or vocabulary on some of my posts. I did wonder if mt is not a native English speaker, as idiomatic phrases seem to be a particular difficulty - for example, I recently uttered a rhetorical question, to which mousethief replied 'of course not', which is course, the point of a rhetorical question.

Anyway, before I get onto 'fuck off' and variants thereof, what gives? Please stop doing it.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
for example, I recently uttered a rhetorical question, to which mousethief replied 'of course not', which is course, the point of a rhetorical question.

That's called "agreeing with you." I know you're not used to people agreeing with you, so it may come as a shock. But when someone asks a rhetorical question and somebody else answers in a way that confirms and does not contradict the question, what they are doing is agreeing with the person who asked the question. Happy to have provided this informative service.

--------------------

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But why do you keep correcting other posts? Is it that you are not a native speaker of English, or you're anal-obsessive, or just for shits and giggles?

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Who can say? At any rate, I apologize for agreeing with you. I didn't make that clear in my earlier post. It won't happen again.

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
for example, I recently uttered a rhetorical question, to which mousethief replied 'of course not', which is course, the point of a rhetorical question.

That's called "agreeing with you." I know you're not used to people agreeing with you, so it may come as a shock. But when someone asks a rhetorical question and somebody else answers in a way that confirms and does not contradict the question, what they are doing is agreeing with the person who asked the question. Happy to have provided this informative service.
See, this is the kind of posting that Facebook avoids by providing a Like button.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

Well, keep doing it buddy, and I will roast your fucking nuts, and turn them into some shitty Mediterranean spread, metaphorically speaking of course.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
See, this is the kind of posting that Facebook avoids by providing a Like button.

When shippies have asked for a "Like" button in the past, they were told they could just quote the relevant part of the other person's post and make "I agree with you" kinds of noises. Which usually works. "Usually" being the key term here.

--------------------

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

I'm watching you, fuck-face.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Well, keep doing it buddy, and I will roast your fucking nuts, and turn them into some shitty Mediterranean spread, metaphorically speaking of course.

Don't you have some mud cakes to bake, or swing sets to climb, or something?

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

When shippies have asked for a "Like" button in the past, they were told they could just quote the relevant part of the other person's post and make "I agree with you" kinds of noises. Which usually works. "Usually" being the key term here.
All very true. I am forced, however reluctantly, to agree with you.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

quote:
quote:

Don't you have some mud cakes to bake, or swing sets to climb, or something?
Fucking hell, mate, you're an amateur at this.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:

Be careful or quetzalcoatl will grind your stones to make his bread.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Time to get your quetzalcoat?

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

quote:
quote:

Be careful or quetzalcoatl will grind your stones to make his bread.
Not bread, cunt-brain. Grinding your nuts would produce a very fine powder, which would probably make some awful instant coffee.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:

Oh God, you're playing noob. It's so cute. Thump your chest some more, and tell me I can't touch your erudition in insults. Truly, I am enjoying this muchly. Reminds me of Thomas DF. Now THERE was a better-insulter-than-thou troll of monumental proportions.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can a cunt-brain cock up, one wonders.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

quote:
quote:

Oh God, you're playing noob. It's so cute. Thump your chest some more, and tell me I can't touch your erudition in insults. Truly, I am enjoying this muchly. Reminds me of Thomas DF. Now THERE was a better-insulter-than-thou troll of monumental proportions.
Well, I genuinely thought maybe you are autistic, as your attempted corrections of English seemed so weird, or you're maybe a Lithuanian who's autistic. But fucking A, it's much worse, you're a man who does sarcasm. Oh fuck.

--------------------

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

Oh fuck, did you really say 'muchly'? Now I just feel sad.

--------------------

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

Hey mousethief, I don't know if you're used to this stuff or not, but the point isn't about being clever at insults; well, that is how these things often start. But quite quickly people move beyond that, and that's when it gets serious and grown-up. That's when I wonder if you are an amateur really, and there's something about you that makes me feel sad, as I wonder if you can go beyond the sarcasm or not. Off to watch TV now.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Still more dick-waving. I'm an amateur and you're a professional. You're used to it, and I'm not. That's where it starts, and apparently that's where it ends.

[ 26. June 2013, 18:36: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

The interwebz suggests quetzalcoatl is the god of intelligence and self-reflection.

I'm not seeing it.

--------------------

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

quote:
Still more dick-waving. I'm an amateur and you're a professional. You're used to it, and I'm not. That's where it starts, and apparently that's where it ends.

No, not dick-waving. You make me feel sad. That's it.

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
I'm watching you, fuck-face.

That's a little creepy. Unless of course – as I hope – he is speaking metaphorically. Perhaps even transcendentally. But vocabulary and syntax suggest that would be a stretch.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The interwebz suggests quetzalcoatl is the god of intelligence and self-reflection.

I'm not seeing it.

Every day's an endless dream of ziggurats and thorazine. Mm-hmm.

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:

Of course not.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
@Kelly Alves, like this?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Methinks the MesoAmerican feathered serpent god's feathers are not just ruffled, but bent.

Perhaps no one's made the requisite sacrifice of butterflies and snakes lately???

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Kyzyl:
quote:

Of course not.
[Overused]

--------------------

irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading all the way back to the original 'offense' in Purg, I can't for the life of me figure what's got him/her so pissed?

You been hitting the sauce Q?

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Posts: 1169 | From: Maine, US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wait, you mean we can get paid for insulting people? Fascinating.

Mind you, I'm certain that some people would still earn insults for free.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Time to get your quetzalcoat?

Quite time quesycoat.

[eta: 10 pts = Wesley Jr. ZERO = quesycoat].

[ 27. June 2013, 04:03: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Hi Duchess! Long time! I hope you are doing well.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016