homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Be afraid, "Islamic State" (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Be afraid, "Islamic State"
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yesterday in the Guardian, at the end of this article, Counter terror laws was a glimpse that suggested that the story of the young sub-humans who were brought up in the UK and have gone to join ISIS is not unconnected with the other nasty story today of those in Rotherham. Sickening.
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
Yesterday in the Guardian, at the end of this article, Counter terror laws was a glimpse that suggested that the story of the young sub-humans who were brought up in the UK and have gone to join ISIS is not unconnected with the other nasty story today of those in Rotherham. Sickening.

It's pretty much an article of faith among some people that every problem involving Muslims is directly linked to every other problem involving Muslims. Criminal gangs in the north of England are inextricably bound up with suicide bombers in western China, all under the direction of Islam Inc.

(Hat tip to William S. Burroughs for that last reference there.)

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Better not go on about the Rotherham abuse scandal, might be accused of ethnic discrimination and all that . Precisely ISTM why people stood back and did nothing.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, and it was wrong that they did that. I'm your typical Guardian-reading soft and moderate leftie but ignoring it in the hope that it'd go away or thinking that by doing something one would incur charges of racism or somehow undermine 'community cohesion' was clearly the wrong response.

Some aspects of the whole PC thing have got a lot to answer for in that regard.

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
sub-humans?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
Better not go on about the Rotherham abuse scandal, might be accused of ethnic discrimination and all that . Precisely ISTM why people stood back and did nothing.

Actually, it's more likely IMHO that this just presented itself retrospectively as a plausible excuse. It's more likely that they did nothing because they were lazy, or spineless, or were making prejudiced assumptions about these children. Try this piece from (yes) The Grauniad by Suzanne Moore for a more in-depth analysis of what was going on.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's what I got out of it, too, that there was much more of a paper trail on the police's assumptions about the kids than on any fears they had about racial unrest.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The SYP coming up with a lie in order to protect themselves?

Get away.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just sitting here weeping silently in my helpless privilege. Thanks QLib.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Too easy to blame the other; too hard to blame ourselves?

[ 27. August 2014, 21:23: Message edited by: QLib ]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

- Posted      Profile for Beeswax Altar   Email Beeswax Altar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Plenty of people blame you, QLib, and Suzanne Moore for that matter. Not for the reason you want them to blame you but blame you they do. Of course, the same people also blame the "Asian" gangs that actually raped the girls.

--------------------
Losing sleep is something you want to avoid, if possible.
-Og: King of Bashan

Posts: 8411 | From: By a large lake | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

I wonder what those plenty of people are?

--------------------
Love wins

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

- Posted      Profile for Beeswax Altar   Email Beeswax Altar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What are the people who blame the perpetrators of crime for the crime they perpetrate?

Rational

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

So QLib, Suzanne Moore and I are criminals? And that's rational? Riiigghhht.

[ 28. August 2014, 16:58: Message edited by: Martin PC not & Ship's Biohazard ]

--------------------
Love wins

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

quote:
Originally posted by Beeswax Altar:
Plenty of people blame you, QLib, and Suzanne Moore for that matter.

Presumably they're all dickheads like you, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If you knew anything at all about the state of race relations in northern England you would know that the chances of people hushing up sexual abuse by ethnic minority gangs for reasons of "political correctness' would be virtually zilch. But, boy, is it an easy drum to beat.

--------------------

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

QLib wanted to blame "ourselves" for the rape. By ourselves, I assume she included you. So, obviously, QLib accepts some culpability for the rape. I just pointed out that plenty of people blamed people like her for having culpability in the rape. Thought both of you would be happy to be seen as perpetrators.

Don't tell me all that weeping and gnashing of teeth you do is just self-righteous schtick.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Don't weasel words with me, you fuckwit. We both know what you meant.

--------------------

deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:

I repeat, do you think Osama bin Laden was thwarted by being refused entry into the United States?

No, but being in Pakistan made it an awful lot easier for the SEAL's to shoot him in the fucking face than it would have been in say Kansas.

Less lawyers.

[ 28. August 2014, 18:12: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The UBB practice thread is in the Styx, not here, you halfwit. Mind your fucking code.

And it's "fewer."

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
The UBB practice thread is in the Styx, not here, you halfwit. Mind your fucking code.

And it's "fewer."

I understand you use "fewer" if you are talking about discreet values, such as a whole number of pedantic left-wing pricks.

You use "less" for a continuum such as finely sliced lawyers.

Therefore I am correct in saying less lawyers as they ought to be finely sliced on a continuous basis.

Of course if we were able to dispose of lawyers then hell, yeah, let the fuckers back into the country as we can save lots of fuel before we shoot the fuckers in the face.

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
(...anything, really...)

Oh God he's still here. [Waterworks]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:
quote:
(...anything, really...)

Oh God he's still here. [Waterworks]
I am. Been on me 'olidays to sunny Spain, then been workin'.

I once called Ken - God bless 'im - the Ebola of the Ship, but it seems I'm taking on that role. In and out, and just when you thought I'd gone... bam! Back again.

But I don't think I'm worthy of the title just yet. Let's say, The Wick of the Ship. You don't get one for a bit then you do, and it's a pain in the arse (actually finger, but you know what I mean).

That do you?

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Beeswax. Having fun are you mate? Man of the cloth and all? Of whom much more is expected. Whose judgement will be the more searching.

I wept because I wept. Because I'm helplessly privileged.

Which is no ones 'fault' of course.

You see WE don't exclude anybody, even you. Or the Islamic State. WE don't exclude ourselves from society, from being part of the problem. OUR police, OUR social services have fecklessly, innocently failed OUR children. Because they are like US. They ARE us.

I'm just so impressed that you have nothing to do with anything. No responsibility. Even with a flock and all.

deano, welcome back old friend, hope you had a nice time. You have family difficulties I recall.

--------------------
Love wins

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
Don't weasel words with me, you fuckwit. We both know what you meant.

What did I mean?

I know what you meant with that whole self righteous bullshit about it being "easier to blame others than blame ourselves."

--------------------

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

quote:
Beeswax. Having fun are you mate? Man of the cloth and all? Of whom much more is expected. Whose judgement will be the more searching.

Who expects more of me? God? Nah. God demands everything but will accept nothing just the same. Besides...it ain't my fault. Nothing is anybody's fault. Everything is everybody's fault. I,like everybody else, am guilty of everything and nothing all at once. So is my flock. We should just smoke some weed and sing Kumbaya.

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

I repeat, do you think Osama bin Laden was thwarted by being refused entry into the United States?

No, but being in Pakistan made it an awful lot easier for the SEAL's to shoot him in the fucking face than it would have been in say Kansas.

Less lawyers.

The laws that tend to discourage shooting people in the face are the primary reason why you manage to stay alive despite giving everyone who encounters you the urge to do you injury.

Also, there's no apostrophe in SEALs.

[ 29. August 2014, 03:22: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

I don't smoke weed nor sing Kumbaya. I'm glad you recognize that all things are true.

--------------------
Love wins

deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
quote:
quote:

Less lawyers.

The laws that tend to discourage shooting people in the face are the primary reason why you manage to stay alive despite giving everyone who encounters you the urge to do you injury.

Fine, but can we remove those laws from applying to young men returning from Syria, Pakistan etc. I would feel safer knowing THEY could be shot in the head by the military with no issues.

Also, I'll put an apostrophe wherever I like. I might not be perfect but it gets the message across pretty effectively. Your continual correction of people's grammar makes you look like a frustrated schoolteacher. Perhaps you are.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I would feel safer knowing THEY could be shot in the head by the military with no issues.

And a lot of people would feel a lot safer if all those who think like you could be shot in the face. Is there any particular reason we should favour your feelings over theirs?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deano, I believe my only previous correction of your grammar was when you tried to imply that Muslims were somehow inferior to yourself by de-capitalising their religion.

Which, I agree, got across the message that you're a prejudiced git with a dangerous tendency to dehumanise others just fine.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

quote:
Who expects more of me? God? Nah. God demands everything but will accept nothing just the same. Besides...it ain't my fault. Nothing is anybody's fault. Everything is everybody's fault. I,like everybody else, am guilty of everything and nothing all at once.

• The perpetrators are guilty.
  • There are others who didn't do enough, who covered up, who lied to protect themselves, who (it seems) may have sought to obliterate records are guilty.
  • And contributing to all this mess were social attitudes to sexually active girls from poor backgrounds which the whole of society has to take responsibility for.
I imagine you would be capable of understanding these distinctions with a little effort, but you are apparently being wilfully obtuse for the sake of making cheap sallies which you seem to mistake for wit. if you really are a minister, then I imagine the least God expects of you is not to make a religion out of your own ignorance and idiotic obsessions.

--------------------

deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
I would feel safer knowing THEY could be shot in the head by the military with no issues.

And a lot of people would feel a lot safer if all those who think like you could be shot in the face. Is there any particular reason we should favour your feelings over theirs?
Well the fact that I'm a middle aged family man who doesn't want his family or his culture or his faith destroyed by jihadis ought to go a long way don't you think?

The jihadis do want to kill us, so I would like it to be a little easier to stop them.

That do you for a reason Marv?

--------------------

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, you certainly sound like a frustrated something or other, deano. I'm not quite sure what but you sound like a frustrated something ...

I don't see anyone arguing that we should make it easier for jihadis to kill us.

Nor, unlike Marvin, would I suggest that people would think the world a safer place if someone were to shoot you.

No, I'd rather they gave you a gentle sedative to calm you down.

You're obviously working far too hard as opposed to the feckless, workshy lefties that make up these boards. You could do with a break. Hopefully in the Antarctic to cool you down.

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Interested to see that you've posted on the Schrodinger's Cat thread, deano. What's your line on that- 'the cat might be alive or it might be dead but I'm going to nuke it just to be on the safe side'?
Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:
You could do with a break. Hopefully in the Antarctic to cool you down.

Nah, global warming is melting the place. Although a few nukes might reverse the trend with a nuclear winter. Win-win!

Albertus, yes I posted on the Schroedinger's Cat post with something relevant. What's your excuse?

--------------------

Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is Hell. Do we have to be relevant? Just taking the opportunity to make a typically smart-arse know-all lefty comment, that's all. What else would you expect?

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Well the fact that I'm a middle aged family man who doesn't want his family or his culture or his faith destroyed by jihadis ought to go a long way don't you think?

And so you're willing to kill (or advocate the killing of) every member of a different culture/faith in order to protect your own.

Which makes you exactly the same as those from that culture/faith who don't want it to be destroyed by The West, and are thus willing to kill (or advocate the killing of) every Westerner in order to protect it.

Have you seen the enemy yet? It's you.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Less lawyers.

And it's 'fewer' lawyers, not 'less'.

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deano is reflecting that mind-set which thinks that the Middle East is an area where the Western powers can basically do what they want. Then they profess outrage when there is blowback - as when you poke a wasps' nest, and the wasps object.

Then you get, 'but if we attack just one more time, we will get it right, and the problem will end!'

This went on in Vietnam, didn't it? I am sure I remember various generals who used to say, just give me 50, 000 good men, or maybe 100, 000, and I will pacify Vietnam for good. And so on and so on.

Those bloody ragheads are so annoying, they won't just lie down and give up.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Can you point to the teachings, the life of Jesus which you emulate so that I can? With regard to making enemies and murdering them? Or do you do this like a real man: on your own recognizance?

--------------------
Love wins

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
quote:
Who expects more of me? God? Nah. God demands everything but will accept nothing just the same. Besides...it ain't my fault. Nothing is anybody's fault. Everything is everybody's fault. I,like everybody else, am guilty of everything and nothing all at once.

• The perpetrators are guilty.
  • There are others who didn't do enough, who covered up, who lied to protect themselves, who (it seems) may have sought to obliterate records are guilty.
  • And contributing to all this mess were social attitudes to sexually active girls from poor backgrounds which the whole of society has to take responsibility for.
I imagine you would be capable of understanding these distinctions with a little effort, but you are apparently being wilfully obtuse for the sake of making cheap sallies which you seem to mistake for wit. if you really are a minister, then I imagine the least God expects of you is not to make a religion out of your own ignorance and idiotic obsessions.

No, QLib, you said ourselves. You didn't rape anybody. You weren't part of the investigation. I'm assuming you don't hold negative views about sexually active teenagers. However, extreme political correctness gave the Pakistani rape gangs the cover to get away with what they did for as long as they did. No, I don't buy that all of them are just making up the political correct excuse.

The Rotherham council leaders who presided over the sex abuse scandal

Joyce Thacker is the same person who removed two children from UKIP foster parents over concerns about multiculturalism. You have two Labour politicians one of them with a relative known to be having a relationship with an underage girl. If you really believe political correctness had nothing to do with this scandal, you are the ignorant fuckwit. However, I suspect you know as well as I do the tendency on the Left to avoid saying anything negative about Muslims at all cost led to this scandal. You just prefer to blame others instead of those with the same views that you hold. Like you said, it is easier to blame others than blame ourselves.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

I can't prove that political correctness had absolutely nothing to do with it, but I remain deeply sceptical about it being the main or even a significant reason. And citing the dear Torygraph as a source on the 'political correctness gone mad' theory is not going to convince anyone.

Confusing this issue with the debate over trans-racial fostering and adoption is unhelpful. I'm not sure that allegations about the private lives of politicians' relatives are particularly helpful or relevant either - in fact, I'm not sure why you think this somehow supports your argument. Equally puzzling is your comment that people on the left are disinclined to make sweeping attacks on muslims. I know plenty of fairly right-wing people who aren't racist either. How is this relevant?

You've shown on the gun control thread that you're reliable when you know your stuff - and aren't grinding away at your stupid anti-liberal axe - but the fact is that you know fuck all about race relations and political correctness in the north of England.

--------------------

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

How about The Guardian?

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

quote:
How about The Guardian?

Well, first of all, The Guardian says: "As so often, many of those in Rotherham who should have been on the victims’ side saw these vulnerable children as authors of their own misfortunes and failed, cruelly, to listen to their accounts." That was my point, and I still see that as being the major factor.

Immediately after that, it adds: "Then there was a misguided reluctance to consider whether there was an issue of race involved." Now call me picky if you like but I don't regard fears of feeding a racist agenda and/or fears of provoking race riots as being quite the same as a fear of not being seen to be "politically correct".

Someone raising concerns about young Pakistani men having around school gates was criticised? Yes, well, taken on its own it wouldn't seem to be a particularly helpful observation. The question is who was doing the criticising and were they the same people who should have been following things like this up and who would then have been in a position where they could put two and two together? I don't know the answer to that, and I suspect the reporter doesn't either.

I'm not saying that there weren't people who were't looking hard enough, but what I'm saying is that ethnic considerations would not have been a factor if it was any other kind of crime. That's a very different thing from suggesting that people looked, listened, saw and then turned away because of fears about not being 'politically correct'. The overriding factor had to be the judgement (if that's the word) that these girls simply did not matter enough to be worth creating a fuss.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you read the report, the girls abused in Rotherham were all races, not just white, and there are undoubtedly many more girls of all races who have not come forward yet.

And ... it is unbelievably offensive to assume that because a small group of mainly Asian origin men were abusing these girls that all the Asian men in the area approved of this and aren't as horrified and disgusted as anyone else. Particularly the fathers of the Asian girls who were abused.

It was the assumption that the girls who were absconding from children's homes were "asking for" sexual encounters, because teenage girls are all "up for it" all the time, aren't they? So their complaints were ignored by the police. The social workers on the ground were trying to get the message across, and were ignored further up the line. (Ring any bells about the Savile case? Or the Catholic church cases? Or any other sex abuse case recently?)

The stories coming out are saying that many of the girls were threatened and believed the threats; threats to their mothers, threats to their sisters. Which added to the conspiracy of silence.

The only connection between this abuse case and the young men becoming radicalised is that the same sort of poverty and inequity that caused the assumptions about these girls discriminates against young Muslim men and radicalises them.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

How about patriarchy?

--------------------
Love wins

Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The dossier about the abuse showed that tt was a Pakistani who as chief-prosector for the North West made these prosecutions happen.

Furthermore, that ouncillors only engaged with Pakistani leaders, not with the people themselves, and Pakistani women were ignored.

The claim of not being afraid of being called racist came from the SYP. The SYP. This claim was not supported by examples.

(Taken from this article.)

Meanwhile, white abuse of children (North Wales, Saville, Rolf Harris) doesn't become a "racial" issue.

[ 30. August 2014, 10:11: Message edited by: Rosa Winkel ]

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

We're only half-way along the arc.

--------------------
Love wins

deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
And it's 'fewer' lawyers, not 'less'.

Jesus wept. Try to read the fucking thread before posting. You might appear less behind the times, and thus less of a twat.

As being behind the times and having a level of twatishness are both continous variables I assume there are no objections to my using "less" in that context?

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
And so you're willing to kill (or advocate the killing of) every member of a different culture/faith in order to protect your own.

To protect? No. What I said was that I would kill every muslim in order to ensure I wasn't forced into becoming a muslim. Just to be clear, I mean in the context of an all out war with islam should that ever happen. A war that islam starts to spread islam by the sword.

I'm sure we can "protect" our faith and culture without going to that extreme though.

Or do you believe that I ought to capitulate and become a muslim against my will so that I don't kill anyone at all? Is that what faith means to you? Something disposable and not worth fighting for?

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Some of us a lot less ...

--------------------
Love wins

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016