homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Be afraid, "Islamic State" (Page 17)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Be afraid, "Islamic State"
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
Leaving the jihadists free to kill as many non-muslims as they want inside their borders. Sweet deal... For some.

Yeah, but your solution kills millions of the aforementioned non-muslims inside their borders. You do know that nukes are remarkably indiscriminate, don't you?
Nah. See, deano's invented a nuclear bomb that can spot a Yazidi or Shi'ite Kurd (due to them having COMPLETELY different appearances, most notably the hairstyle), and briefly cover them with a transparent blue plastic bubble right before it explodes and wipes out the baddies.

Peaceful Sunni folk just trying to go about their ordinary lives are still a bit of a problem though, and he hasn't quite worked out how to stop Kurdish land being irradiated to the point where the crops will give the locals higher rates of cancer for the next 50 years, but hey, it's a start.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or how irradiating the area will leave any accessible oil, which could have some interesting knock on effects on the world economy

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Or how irradiating the area will leave any accessible oil, which could have some interesting knock on effects on the world economy

I admit this is a problem and the only reason I would stay my hand.

But once we have moved away from oil to nuclear and hydrogen, then we will have no need for a middle east will we?

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The bombs did stop world war two and both Japan and Germany rebuilt and became prosperous, successful nations no more likely to start a war than you would.

Even you can't be this stupid. The reason why both Japan and Germany rebuilt, became prosperous and successful, and are no more (actually, far less) likely to start a war than we are is because how we treated them after the war.

If we'd fucked up the occupation of Japan and Germany in the same way we fucked up in Iraq and Afghanistan, we'd still be fighting both the Japanese and the Germans to this day.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor to deano:
Even you can't be this stupid.

Oh yes he can. Think about it, why would anyone pretend to be this stupid, if not for a very, very stupid reason?

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

But once we have moved away from oil to nuclear and hydrogen, then we will have no need for a middle east will we?

Wait--hurting PEOPLE wouldn't stay your hand? Only OIL???

[Projectile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Also, the notion that the Middle East exists solely for our benefit, as opposed to the benefit of the people of the Middle East.

Which is actually at the heart of most of the mess, in one way or another.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Are you familiar with the works of Shan Yu?"
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Also, the notion that the Middle East exists solely for our benefit, as opposed to the benefit of the people of the Middle East.

Which is actually at the heart of most of the mess, in one way or another.

Which is actually at the heart of most messes of any kind, in one way or another. Treating people as things.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has imperialism treated people as anything other objects in the past.? Things to be either coerced or removed.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
quote:
The bombs did stop world war two and both Japan and Germany rebuilt and became prosperous, successful nations no more likely to start a war than you would.

Even you can't be this stupid. The reason why both Japan and Germany rebuilt, became prosperous and successful, and are no more (actually, far less) likely to start a war than we are is because how we treated them after the war.

If we'd fucked up the occupation of Japan and Germany in the same way we fucked up in Iraq and Afghanistan, we'd still be fighting both the Japanese and the Germans to this day.

Hadn't thought of that. I think that's a really good point.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
quote:
quote:

Wait--hurting PEOPLE wouldn't stay your hand? Only OIL???

[Projectile]

Got it in one. Oil over muslims. Because oil is the west and westerners are better than muslims.

We need oil, they've got it. We'll buy it if they'll sell it, but we need to be confident they will sell it.

If we have no confidence in them to trade in a businesslike way then that is a risk to the western economy and therefore a risk to westerners. That is not allowed.

It's a simple equation but one many people just don't get.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you're for real, you really need to read more history and more of your bible.

May the Lord have mercy on your soul.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Get a sense of perspective . It's not like Deano's proposing a host and admin day for crying out loud.

Deano, please stop dehumanising people.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
If you're for real, you really need to read more history and more of your bible.

Oh, as a Universalist, I'm sure He does pet.

As for history, I do like a good Niall Ferguson book.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
quote:

Oh, as a Universalist, I'm sure He does pet.

It occurred to me that your problem may be because you're a Universalist.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Universalism means that everyone matters, everyone is precious.

Just because you know you're going to Heaven doesn't mean you should do anything you like on the way there.

IMHO, everyone's going to have work and healing to do. Why give yourself a worse load?

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

quote:
The reason why both Japan and Germany rebuilt, became prosperous and successful, and are no more (actually, far less) likely to start a war than we are is because how we treated them after the war.

I get that.
It also had rather a lot to do with bombing the living shit out of both those countries and turning the mentality of it's peoples 180 degrees. Reducing cities to rubble one by one is what brought this about, not just the heaping of financial goodwill afterwards.

Using the same logic I suspect even deanoites will be gratified in the way IS will be dealt with by the Alliance on this occasion.
The real tragedy, if one does not regard war itself a tragedy, is that an unspecified number of wholly unconnected people will die as well, (most likely including UK citizens). Whatsmore there is no guarantee prosperity and peace will flower in this region any more than it did after Gulf war 1 or 11.

--------------------

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reducing places to rubble could be tricky in N. Iraq, where for example, some Sunni villages have welcomed IS, because of their extreme hostility to the Baghdad govt. I mean that bombing Sunni villages to rubble, might not be seen as winning hearts and minds in other Sunni areas. But I suppose we could go back to Charles Colson-speak - grab 'em by the balls and their hearts and minds will follow.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
But I suppose we could go back to Charles Colson-speak - grab 'em by the balls and their hearts and minds will follow.

H,mmm indeed, I'm not really convinced of my own rhetoric.
As one standup comedian sarcastically put it in before the 03 invasion -- you're unlikely to win the hearts and minds of a country when your bombs leave the hearts of many landing in a different place from their minds.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Got it in one. Oil over muslims. Because oil is the west and westerners are better than muslims.

You're disgusting. But then we already knew that.

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Evensong wrote:

quote:
If you're for real
Well. he's made several arguments in favour of bombing, with the unifiying thread between them being that they are all expressed in the most offensive manner possible. Even the hardcore neo-cons in Washington don't openly come out and say "We need to kill people from inferior cultures in order to get their oil."

So, as I think I might have argued earlier, it's probably a waste of time discussing things with Deano. He KNOWS he is being offensive, and he gets a kick out of provoking the outrage.

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

deano you are either a troll or have dangerously sociopathic tendencies. Human beings are not simply disposable tools to secure your own self interests.

If you're the former, you may have a limited ship life. If you're the latter, I sincerely hope you can get some help.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Neither. Although I like your point about his universalism. It means kill them, kill them all as God will sort them out like the Amalekites: in fact we'd be doing them and Him a favour.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
deano you are either a troll or have dangerously sociopathic tendencies. Human beings are not simply disposable tools to secure your own self interests.

If you're the former, you may have a limited ship life. If you're the latter, I sincerely hope you can get some help.

As i've said many time, it isn't trolling if you believe it, so it is the latter option. But I would disagree with your description. It is more like....

quote:
deano you are either a troll or want to remove the risks to western people and culture currently posed by certain islamic people or culture
Sorry to piss on your parade but I don't troll. I have no need to; my opinions honestly expressed are enough to set the peace-first hanky-wringers into fits of apoplexy without making things up.

All I have to do is to remind shipmates I am a fully paid up member of the Conservative Party and they tend to start foaming at the mouth, so anything more gets them mobbing together with pitchforks and flaming torches.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

I'm not that interested in UK politics. I'm more interested in your propensity to be a murderous thug.

--------------------

deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
I'm not that interested in UK politics. I'm more interested in your propensity to be a murderous thug.

You say potato...

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
All I have to do is to remind shipmates I am a fully paid up member of the Conservative Party and they tend to start foaming at the mouth, so anything more gets them mobbing together with pitchforks and flaming torches.

The obvious solution to this problem is to forward the Collected Deano to whichever hasbeen is now the party secretary. Reasonably certain deano's too toxic even for the Tories.

He'll fit right in with UKIP (or the BNP, or EDL...), however.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Sorry to piss on your parade but I don't troll. I have no need to; my opinions honestly expressed are enough to set the peace-first hanky-wringers into fits of apoplexy without making things up.

I think there's quite a bit of ground between 'hanky-wringer' and 'nuke Iraq'.

quote:
As am I, but I haven't met anyone in the party who wants to nuke Iraq.
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

The obvious solution to this problem is to forward the Collected Deano to whichever hasbeen is now the party secretary. Reasonably certain deano's too toxic even for the Tories.

He'll fit right in with UKIP (or the BNP, or EDL...), however.

He's starting to sound like Britain First, to be honest. I think he's jumped the shark. OK you lot, confess, which one of you lefties has your hand up Deano?

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
OK you lot, confess, which one of you lefties has your hand up Deano?

Eww.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
Originally posted by Anglican't:

You need to get out more.

If anyone of you think I'm all on my own on this, here is a little thread from the army rumour service. Quite a few of those soliders seem to want to drop a few over the middle east...

Five Buckets of Instant Sunshine

Some of you might need to take showers afterwards. Soldiers eh?

--------------------

Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deano, that you can find other murderous thugs doesn't surprise me - I've already made reference to that bunch of clowns in Britain First who seem to share a lot of your foetid little excuses for opinions. People eh?

[ 29. September 2014, 09:20: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
deano's link is to a forum where real (and wannabe) soldiers shoot the breeze. The comments in "The NAAFI Bar" forum are about as realistic and well-considered as the South Park gang suggesting "Bomb Canada!"

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Don't worry, I do.

[ 29. September 2014, 09:32: Message edited by: Anglican't ]

Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
quote:

As i've said many time, it isn't trolling if you believe it, so it is the latter option. But I would disagree with your description. It is more like....

quote:
deano you are either a troll or want to remove the risks to western people and culture currently posed by certain islamic people or culture

I'm not conversant with Tory politics but I have a hard time believing they would say oil is more important than human lives.

Are you a Christian? If so, how can you possibly reconcile the belief that oil is more important than human lives? Is that not a direct play for self interest over the lives of others?

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

deano
princess
# 12063

If the oil stopped tomorrow, how many western lives would be lost over the day, week, month, year?

Some of you may think it a good thing but I don't.

Losing the oil will cause westerners to die. I would prefer muslims dying to westerners. YMMV.

I would prefer neither die of course. I would like the world be a happy place where likkle bunnies can play nicely. But it isn't and I would like us to be on the winning side if push comes to shove.

Am I a Christian? I self-identify as one by saying the Nicene Creed in Church every Sunday morning. I believe Jesus Christ was the Son of God, was crucified and was resurrected and is alive in Heaven. Whether you think there needs to be more is your business.

I've stopped believing I can save everybody - that is Christ' s job - and now limit myself to trying to save fellow Christians and other westerners. The rest are 'out of scope' as they say in all the worst functional specifications. But if they want to become either Christian or Western then I'll get interested.

It's amusing in that of all the threads going on about this subject, nobody has come up with anything other than the same old bollocks that hasn't worked before.

I have no desire to join UKIP as they want to leave the EU. I don't.

I have no desire to join the BNP, NF, EDL or what have you as they care about the colour of people's skin. I don't.

Your classification system is letting you down.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
VERY funny deano, very. Sorry. Has to be said. The avatars. Just a civvy. FourZeroCharlie and his list. And Ontap's list. One god turn: deserves another.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I would prefer muslims dying to westerners. YMMV.

[bullshit, bullshit, bullshit]

I have no desire to join the BNP, NF, EDL or what have you as they care about the colour of people's skin. I don't.

Unless it comes to the issue of their death, in which case whitey wins. Is that it? [Disappointed]

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Posts: 1169 | From: Maine, US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Dave W.
Shipmate
# 8765

- Posted      Profile for Dave W.   Email Dave W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If the oil stopped tomorrow, how many western lives would be lost over the day, week, month, year?

Some of you may think it a good thing but I don't.

Losing the oil will cause westerners to die. I would prefer muslims dying to westerners. YMMV.

There is nothing ISIS could possibly do to make the oil stop tomorrow.
Posts: 2059 | From: the hub of the solar system | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
I've stopped believing I can save everybody - that is Christ' s job - and now limit myself to trying to save fellow Christians and other westerners.

Aaaaaaaand we're back to thinking that Jesus was a nice little blond boy prancing around in England's green fields.

Some of the fellow Christians you're claiming to try to save would be obliterated by your nuclear bomb.

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

quote:
Some of the fellow Christians you're claiming to try to save would be obliterated by your nuclear bomb.

They didn't have the good sense to be born English. Fuck 'em, I say.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:

Am I a Christian? I self-identify as one by saying the Nicene Creed in Church every Sunday morning. I believe Jesus Christ was the Son of God, was crucified and was resurrected and is alive in Heaven. Whether you think there needs to be more is your business.

I've stopped believing I can save everybody - that is Christ' s job - and now limit myself to trying to save fellow Christians and other westerners. The rest are 'out of scope' as they say in all the worst functional specifications. But if they want to become either Christian or Western then I'll get interested.

An incorrect but thoroughly understandable position to hold. Following Christ's commands to love our enemies and St Paul's to not repay evil for evil is very difficult.

Those that say Christianity is a crutch simply have no idea about the basics of the gospel.

I applaud your universalism and agree with you that it is indeed God's job to be involved in the saving of the world, but it does not mean we are off the hook in being Christ like and sharing the love of God with all in all.

Fake it till you make it is a good motto. Habits form that way.
Good ones.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

deano
princess
# 12063

quote:
Originally posted by irish_lord99:
quote:
I would prefer muslims dying to westerners. YMMV.

[bullshit, bullshit, bullshit]

Unless it comes to the issue of their death, in which case whitey wins. Is that it? [Disappointed]
No. That may be your position but it isn't mine. West wins regardless of skin colour. Will you get it into your thick heads that skin colour is irrelevant to me. Faith and culture is not.

You seem to want me to be a token racist or BNP supporter. Sorry but I'm not going to play that game for you. I welcome all people regardless of skin colour, faith or culture providing they recognise that western faith and culture is non-negotiable and they must respect that western faith and culture if they are in the west.

Perhaps skin colour matters more to you though.

--------------------

molopata

The Ship's jack
# 9933

- Posted      Profile for molopata     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[qb] I've stopped believing I can save everybody - that is Christ' s job - and now limit myself to trying to save fellow Christians and other westerners.

That's how wars start.

--------------------
... The Respectable

Posts: 1718 | From: the abode of my w@ndering mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

If anyone of you think I'm all on my own on this, here is a little thread from the army rumour service. Quite a few of those soliders seem to want to drop a few over the middle east...

Five Buckets of Instant Sunshine

Some of you might need to take showers afterwards. Soldiers eh?

A cursory scroll through the link includes suggestions that they nuke Ground Zero, Romford and Basildon.

Which suggests to me that the distinction between "squaddie humour" and "military strategy" is alive and well in the British Armed Forces, if not in Deano's head.

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I prefer not to speculate what's in deano's head. The evidence of what he posts suggests it's a rather unpleasant place.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
western faith

There it is again.

I hate to break it to you, but your faith isn't fucking western. There were people in the Middle East with your faith while people in your neck of the woods were painting themselves blue and worshipping all manner of things.

I doubt you've studied a lot of history, but have you at least fucking well read an Asterix book at some point? Belenos! Toutatis! If you want a local western religion, that's it.

[ 30. September 2014, 13:50: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

*gets busy gathering wicker*

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
I've stopped believing I can save everybody - that is Christ' s job - and now limit myself to trying to save fellow Christians and other westerners.

Aaaaaaaand we're back to thinking that Jesus was a nice little blond boy prancing around in England's green fields.

And He spoke Shakespearian English (it's the only language He understands; Heaven knows how He managed prior to 1611 - couldn't even speak to us in His own language until then).

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016